1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Sakura will be back at least for some time, she gave her word, if she doesn't the backlash would be not good for her, unless something really bad would happen with HKT and their fans would not want for her to comeback.
    Same with Nako.
    Hitomi could graduate I think her situation won't change much in AKB/Team 8 after IZONE, and she could be interested in take a path similar to Juri.

After the 2.5 years what to me it was a good possibility, was to make J-line the kenin members of IZONE, however I think that K-fans ruined that option with their petition to make the girls have nothing do to with AKB, because now even for a reunion after the 2.5 years, J-fans will say that the contract has ended and J-line have nothing anymore to do with IZONE.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't mind if Hitomi graduates right away and joins another group since she was never a super senbatsu member and she has more freedom in that sense, but Sakura and Nako already made their promise. As much as it would be great if they moved on asap and continued down this path as soon as they can, they kind of need their big HKT comeback and sendoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I think if there's an extension of the contract will allow all the members to be in both IZ*ONE and their respective groups, I doubt any of them would graduate.

4. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Sakura and Nako will almost definitely go back to HKT. How long it will be for is another question.
    I think they will likely take a leaf out of Sasshi's book
    (as in be successful personally but have a fostering approach to HKT. Leave on a high)

Hii-chan. Well.......we often joked and seriously pronounced Eito's death here at S48. So yeah...will be there be a team 8 for her to even return to? [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i think hitomi will return to akb,and for sure she'll be a regular senbatsu member

6. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

if hitomi decides to leave n want to continue working in korea she should consider joining starship ent.
    w/ wonyoung n yujin in there it has a good chance to be successful

or if yuehua n woolim make a good offer n putting her in the existing group
    everglow n rocket punch seems to be doing quite well

7. welp

welp Next Girls

You may have seen this photo of Nako and Seola of WJSN. A fan asked Seola what her and Nako talked. Seola said Nako came to her and said she was a fan of WJSN and yada yada.

Hori Miona sent a mail mainly on her Eyes On Me experience.

You forgot Colorgram.

By the way, IZ*One is already established so, it is less sensitive to vote-rigging scandal than X1 yet, I don't think it will be left unscratched.

Yes. Do you even know what is K-pop system like? I guess not since you asking me this question.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    According to her, after her group was invited to perform in the event, she tried to ask her fellow members to practice harder so they would not look shabby next to K-pop idols but null. When everyone in the group got to see K-pop idols rehearsed, they realized "We've been fucked up". They decided to change the song to perform to the one they had performed several times and practiced all night long. It was the first time everyone in the group united and worked their asses off. You can tell who she is, right?

While IZ*One main source of income mostly likely is Japan, it's very charm is K-pop. So, Japan-only promotion won't work. IZ*One will need to promote both in Korea and Japan. This means, for IZ*One to function, it will need at least 3 months per a year off members' respective groups. And, Korean members likely will split like this
    - Chaeyeon to WM's girl group
    - Yujin and Wonyoung to Starship's girl group
    - Yena to Everglow
    - Eunbi and Chaewon to Woollim's girl group, possibly Rocket Punch
    - Yuri to Stone's girl group
    - Minju and Hyewon become actresses.
    Each single group will need to promote 2 times yearly and they will be 5 groups. It will be very difficult to adjust the schedules of 10 promotion cycles around IZ*One.

Brand reputation mainly depends on online buzz. The Japanese have not done anything buzzworthy as they are less likely to be on popular TV shows and say less. Sakura indeed is very popular in Korea. Did you not see how her birthday project went? Only Wonyoung's could top that. I saw a Korean article about Hitomi could potentially be a future variety show star. Wait till she's fluent in Korean, wicked Hii will shine. Also, if you follow Rocket Punch, you may notice that Juri is kinda pushed.

Yuehua and WM were/are not subsidiaries/affiliates of CJ ENM. Stone Music is mere distributor to Yuehua and WM. Yuehua Korea is affiliate of Yuehua, a major music agency of China.

Starship is an affiliate of Kakao M, which operates MelOn, Korea's biggest music streaming service.

Regardless how big CJ ENM is, it can't be a dick buying contracts off. They will breach unwritten K-pop conduct. You may have known Mnet has already been banned by YG and S.M. I don't think Mnet can risk getting more major labels banning it.

The premise of AKB48 is the member can leave the group whenever. But, I don't think AKS will be happy and it may be a tension in their partnership.

After seeing how demanding IZ*One's schedule is still, you think J-members should not be completely exempted from schedules of their original groups?

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Hitomi won't have a place to return to after IZ*ONE, since Team 8 will be disbanded after the Tokyo Olympics. How do I know this? Because one of the girls auditioning for Team 8 told me so. Toyota told everyone that they're just hiring new members this year because they need them to work as staff during Tokyo 2020 and that after that there's no need for more Team 8. I swear I'm telling the truth and nothing but the truth! But even if they weren't disbanded what's the point of returning to Team 8? It's not like they have that many members in the senbatsu.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ Really I got sources that she will join STU46 you know that group who performs so well?

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Oh! You mean today's Team 6's opening act?

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's not that easy though. Korea and Japan didnt react the same way (see where the ones who shone in Produce are)
    And assuming one of the senbatsu spot is not reserved for Annin after her comeback from Mexico. (which can happen).

well ... they aren't playing in the same field though, Especially Sasshi.

12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think it's so hard to speculate. We still have ages to go until disbandment and we don't have any clue how well IZ*ONE will do until then. If their sales / public interest drops, they might be glad to go back to the safe haven that is the ever-same 48G.

If they do well, I don't think AKB can disregard Hitomi's success as part of IZ*ONE and although I don't think she'll be catapulted into senbatsu right away, I think they will try to promote her based of her Korean success (I mean, when was the last time anyone mentioned Shitao Miu on TV without bringing up her Produce 48 success? +1 year later, it's still the best way to promote her).

Sakura is basically an eternal idol at this point. Her singing isn't too great so I don't know if she could do a solo singing career, but I believe she could pursue pretty much anything she wants at this point and both Korea and Japan would eat up whatever she throws at them.

In my opinion, Nako's best bet is to stay with HKT48 for a while longer. We'll have to see what they do with HKT48 for the time being and whether they'll still try to sell the NakoMiku duo when she comes back.

But like I said, it's so hard to say anything at this point and it will depend so much on whether or not IZ*ONE does well in the next <2 years or not.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I think the big obstacle of contract extension is neither of AKS/HKT/eito(?) nor the korean agency, but Japan-Korea tension. Okay, both of the countries have quarreling for long time, but the latest tension is also the biggest. And there is no sign whenever it will be calmed down. But, seems like K-Idol world are not affected with the tension since they can go to other countries beside Japan (and HK) so :fear:

Our HKT girls will back to HKT, Sakura will take Sasshi's role while Nako will join Miku and you-know-who. While Hii, despite of her achievement during IZ*ONE era, like I said before, isn't Tokyo representative eito girl so :fear:
    although sadly eito girls miss hii so much
    [​IMG]

There isn't successor group in 48G since they use generation system. Maybe... getting transferred to new SG?
    Also, Yuiyui already shafted everyone since TT era. Like, 3 SG aces went graduated/exiled/hiatus because of her! Not to mention shafting eito's previous aces :fear:

As I remember, Ha Sungwoon mentioned that neither of him nor his agency talked with Swings about the extension so the news about W1's contract extension talking was just a bluff (rumor it would have additional 6-month contract). Also, they only got one-month additional "promotion" just for award shows and farewell concert -and during that time, most of members already left the dorm and prepared their "re-debut"

Tell me your source senpai

14. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Good to know that you think that AKB48 will never or cannot adopt KPop system since I am not care about that either.

15. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I'm talking after the 2.5 years. No about the current situation where all the girls have all their attention on IZONE. (despite of what the fans wanted or claimed, that was already established before the end of produce48)

16. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The boy group U-kiss spent most of its time promoting in Japan while in korea they were doing less and less comebacks as time went by, to the point the group doesn't promote in Korea anymore. Maybe with one comeback per year as IZ*ONE, doing 2 comebacks in their respective groups and releasing 2 singles per year in Japan in IZ*ONE could work. With j-singles they wouldn't have to promote like in Korea and would do Hi-touch most of the time. The comeback promotion in Korea in music shows is generally for 1 month. Maybe it could work.

17. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    This was to me the most viable option, but the more I think about it the more hard I find it to happen, because we are discussing this with a "Japanese perspective" here we are used to have members in more than 1 group.
    Now after reading a little discussion on reddit about this, I think the Korean agencies will want to have the more profit possible(like any enterprise) and if they think they can have more benefits having their members exclusively for the agency, rather than having them for a little time on another group, they will keep them.
    Just imagining Starship debuting a new girl group or Minju/Hyewon going for an actress path and to have to coordinate all the schedules and agencies, then I just give up on having hope to a new contract.(personally speaking)

I hope to be wrong and to have at a least a concert after some time, that would be already a beautiful thing, for now just enjoy the remaining time, is not that long.

18. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah, I saw it too, although I don't think the agencies will earn nothing from if they keep with the collaboration, it'll depened if they want to get more profit with exclusive activities, I'd say that keeping the collaboration is less risky than going by themselves. Bigger labels like Starship would rather go by themselves but maybe agencies like Minju's and Hyewon's would prefer to keep with the collaboration. I mean, it's not that they are guaranteed to have a successful career post IZ*ONE.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Even if Hiichan didn't have a Team 8 to return to, she's a Team B Kennin so she would naturally return there :rolleyes: Still, "the girls told me" is not a good source. I don't think they'd disband Team 8 just because of the Olympics or something, it would be a waste. Hitomi would be ok in AKB after disbandment but she would be better in Korea

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 3