1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Believe me, there will be errors anyway. As I said before I've bought RH 2012-2016 and I've found forgetted members when I've done my own setlists. But the big problem is when the setlist is incomplete. Often it only says Senbatsu and sometimes nothing. I have to go to http://48pedia.org/AKB48 but even there I've found errors and missing members.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yes I'm aware but we don't have to make it worse by using different alphabets and orders all across the board

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    @takajuro the upload problem has been experienced for months now and it's often discussed/complained in here

4. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    Is anyone here able to create a backup of the wiki in the case the server dies permanently?

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    here's one way back in April, 2019

http://dev.hansip.net/disaster/wiki48/index.html

the good ol' times when we can still upload files

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    NO NAME has a wiki page that says they were a one-shot unit (where one-shot unit is incorrectly written as one shot-unit).
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/NO_NAME

However, they don't appear on the main AKB48 page under One-Shot Units.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm tempted to consider NO NAME a (former) unit rather than a one-shot unit. They had two releases (because there were two seasons of AKB0048). Every other one-shot unit in the list has only had one release, with the exception of Team Surprise, who I would also not classify as a one-shot unit; a lot of their songs are originals, especially the third (unreleased) stage.

8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That's a good solution. Before, they weren't on the main page at all.

9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Link to my most recent wiki backup:
    https://twitter.com/puni_2k/status/1185221316586201088

Some statistics
    Total number of pages: 29557 (articles, discussion and user pages, image descriptions...)
    Number of proper articles: 9293
    Total number of images: 18927
    Size of history XML (all the text stuff): 1.8GB (compresses nicely to ~10% of the original size)
    Size of all pictures: 2.7GB
    Size of zip: 2.5GB (that's an 800MB increase compared to 1.5 years ago)

With the current state of the forum I won't attempt to make further backups. On average each wiki page takes around 1 second to download. Pages with a lot of edits take longer (hello Center article). Multiply this by the amount of pages plus some extra hours to download the image files and you can estimate how long it would take if everything works fine.
    Unfortunately wiki downtime (aka database errors) also cancel the backup and it has to be restarted manually. This time it took me around 24 hours to get all files. There was some additional downtime during the night since i elected to sleep instead of monitoring the download.

Also each abort will likely cause the history XML to get corrupted. This forces you to either start a new backup (which currently has a 100% chance of ending up broken again) or to remove the errors from the XML manually. This time I had to fix ~a dozen pages out of 29557. Talking about needles and haystacks.
    What makes this especially fun is that the XML currently is 1.8GB large (and it won't shrink). In order to get rid of the errors you'll need a tool that lets you validate, edit and search XMLs this large. The free tools I could find in, a 1 hour timeframe, that will open such files were not up to the task mainly because their search functions are atrocious (Visual Code, I'm looking at you). I ended up using a trial version of XMLSpy (not the fastest and uses a lot more RAM than VC but it gets the job done). However a proper license is several hundred dollars... Or I'd need to develop a tool for this use-case myself. Currently I'm not in the mood to spend either money or time.

Edit: Oh and because of everything in the previous paragraph, there is no guarantee that the backup can get restored. I managed to validate it against its schema. Actually I also had to modify the schema file since WikiTeams backup script won't generate a 100% valid XML. If you want to know more about this have a look into the README inside the zip

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Why not split the XML into separate files? Per page, for example.

11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Technically possible but depending on the use-case there might not be much of a benefit from this approach.

Basically when a download gets interrupted you end up with two failure types in the xml:
    1. Incomplete entries: A page node is missing its end tag (and maybe some other child nodes). Not a big problem though. The very next node is likely to be a complete version of the respective page.
    2. Duplicate entries: A page has been successfully downloaded twice, but since each page node needs to have an unique ID the XML becomes invalid nonetheless.

You'd have to iterate over all lines and for each <page> tag you'll find copy the all lines into a separate fill until you find the next <page> tag. This is until you already have a
    file with the same page ID. Then you should remove the previous one since the current one is preferable.
    In a second step you'll need to parse every file and find those who don't have a </page> tag. These files can then be removed.

Then you might need to put everything together into one large file since I'm not sure if the MediaWiki can import multiple files. Even if, you'd then to add all the other XML information to each file since page nodes have a parent.

I don't know of a tool that can do this so someone would need to create one. But then there is no need to separate each page into individual files. You can also perform a similar algorithm on a large file. It might even be faster since you have to do less disk IO.

Currently i think that a line by line text parser might the the most feasible option. XML parsers might have problems since the file obviously is corrupted. XSLT might be an option, would need to ask a colleague who has more experince.

Edit: None of this shouldn't even be a problem. The server should not be this instable.
    Also this is not the preffered backup method. Doing it on the server is far less prone to fail.

Can we get some information if backups are actually created?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here to nit-pick again. I am watching the SKE48 Re-open Theater Special Performance. I went to the SKE48 page and saw that is was on 2012.12.09. When I go to the page, the date isn't there. More importantly, I see
    M04 Koi wo Kataru Shijin ni Narenakute... (Team S including Kitahara Rie)
    which made me wonder, was she a special guest star?
    So I went to her page and found some contradictory information.

"Held a Concurrent Position on SKE48's Team S from August 24, 2012 (Tokyo Dome Team Shuffle) to April 28, 2013 (AKB48 Group Rinji Soukai) (Promotion: January 29, 2013 | Stage Debut: February 13, 2013 | Graduation: May 8, 2013 )"

So on 2012.12.09, she was a member of Team S having been given the concurrent position on August 24, 2012 and not a guest star. Also, her stage debut as a member of Team S was the the Special Performance in December, not in February of 2013 (I think you meant Team S stage debut, but not stage debut as member of Team S).

Also, promotion to a team implies you were KKS before, doesn't it? That certainly doesn't fit Rie. What was she promoted from? Also, when a concurrency is cancelled, do you call it graduation? I am guessing what was meant was last performance with SKE48.

P.S. I always have trouble with the date a transfer is announced and when it actually takes place, possibly months later.

13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    She was officially "promoted/transferred/assigned" into S on January 29th, 2013. And scheduled to perform her first full regular stage performance in February.

She attended that special stage because she, technically, had been an SKE48 member, but she wasn't assigned to any team yet, but she needed to perform. IIRC she replaced Hirata Rikako's position, who had just recently graduated back then. I might be wrong, but at that time, the only empty spot was Hirata Rikako's, the other teams had full 16 members. I guess you can say that technically her debut stage with SKE is indeed on December 9th, 2012. But then again, there are lots of KKS who were revealed in special/anniversary stages and sang one or two songs, but people would still say that their debut is the date when they perform fully in a team.

Yeah promotion implies you used to be an KKS. The term probably isn't 100% correct, I'd rather use the term "assigned". She was promoted from Team "mitei"/"未定" aka Team Undecided. Lots of girls were in team Mitei before they were assigned to a team. The first-gen of team 4 was promoted in AKB's 5th anniversary (Dec 2010) to an unknown team. And then 5 months later, in the 2011 Minogashita Kimitachi e concert series in TDC, TGSK revealed that they were promoted to team 4. Yokoyama Yui was also put in team Mitei before she was assigned to team N. Muto Tomu & some other KKSs (I forgot who the others were, Kojima Natsuki? Fujita Nana?) were promoted to team mitei before they were assigned to their real teams during the 2012 Tokyo Dome shuffle.

The Japanese term for their last stages in their concurrent team is called "送る会" / "Send-off party" or in this case, send-off performance. I don't think anyone calls it graduation... just "last performance with team ___".

14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thank you for the explanation. Perhaps better wording would be

Held a Concurrent Position in SKE48 from August 24, 2012 (Tokyo Dome Team Shuffle) to April 28, 2013 (AKB48 Group Rinji Soukai). Assigned to Team S on January 29, 2013. ( Stage Debut: February 13, 2013 | Last performance: May 8, 2013)"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Yeah that'd be better but I think it would be even better if it also shows that she was also in team 未定 for a couple of months before assigned to S

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am holding a copy of Team K 4th stage studio recording in my hand - KISC-1865/6, but I don't see it under Stage Albums. Wikipedia has it listed:

Team K 4th Stage "Saishū Bell ga Naru" (Studio Recordings Collection)
    Team K 4th stage「最終ベルが鳴る」〜studio recordings コレクション〜[21] KICS-1865/6

I also have H2:
    Himawarigumi 2nd Stage "Yume o Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai" (Studio Recordings Collection)
    (ひまわり組 2nd Stage「夢を死なせるわけにいかない」~studio recordings コレクション~)[30] KICS-1877/8

In addition I have two defstar albums, H1 and A4:

Himawarigumi 1st Stage "Boku no Taiyō" (Studio Recordings Collection)
    (ひまわり組 1st stage「僕の太陽」~studio recordings コレクション~)[29] DFCL-1879/80

Team A 4th Stage "Tadaima Ren'aichū" (Studio Recordings Collection)
    (Team A 4th stage「ただいま恋愛中」~studio recordings コレクション~)[15] DFCL-1867/8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKB48_discography

17. Amoz

Amoz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki
    Those are all collectively listed under AKB48 Studio Recordings Collection, which is under Stage Albums (A4, K4, B3, H1 and H2 were not released before this release): http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48_Studio_Recordings_Collection

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    All editions have those three songs in that order, not sure why the wiki has them switched for the theatre edition.

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13