1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. nogijinja

nogijinja Kenkyuusei

I've always felt that, of the various 'roles' that members have in the group Shiraishi was the 'aspirational' member, someone to look up to and aim towards.

I hope fans and management and members can make a special effort to thank someone who has been consistently impressive in so many different ways for such a long time.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Maiyaaan! :cry2:
    All the best always <3

3. miserri

miserri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    thank you maiyan for all of your hard work on promoting nogizaka. i hope her graduation song will be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    i don't know what to say about this, i know this graduation announcement will happen definitely but i was carelessly thinking not now, well she made her decision for sure members are hurt on this announcement and especially those members were so closed to her. from her on out i hope for the best to Maiyan and for the group(Nogizaka46) as well. Thank you for the 8 years of hardship and with the group Shiraishi-san. sotsugyou omedetou!

5. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Thanks to Maiyan as one of the member that makes me into Nogizaka46 and thanks for all you did to Nogizaka46.

Good luck in your post Nogi activity.

6. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Well Nogi won't have forever fukujin anymore and Girl's rule / Synchronicity won't be the same as it used to be.

It seems management let a big name graduate every 2 years.
    2016 --> Nanamin
    2018 --> Ikoma / Nanase
    2020 --> Maiyan

IMO It's a good decision for the group(but not good for a fan) because if she continued activity her existence will overshadow her kouhai and it's time for Nogi has to face the challenge when the main pillar graduate will they survive or not
    and I also think there is possible for Maiyan won't be a center for the next single because her activity will end on its release date but I very very much hope that I'm wrong.

Anyways Thank's for 8 years hardworking.

Ps. I hope graduated members will made an apperance on her graduation concert.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Aaaaa Maiyan
    We knew this day will come, but still can't believe it :(

Maiyan, thank you for this past 8 years.

8. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    nightmare (for me) has come
    I don't know what to say...

I just known her just more than a year, I havent met her face to face, but I love her so much :(

should I wish her the best and support her on her next challenge? yes 1000% will

• Like Like x 1
  9. windakhaty

windakhaty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I feel so sad hearing this news. Can't believe it at the first time but the news is real. Well we already expect this will happened since long ago. But when the g-bomb come out from Shiraishi Mai I still got shock. Fufufufu... Hope for all the best for her after her graduation and best of luck for the remaining members too... I hope now nogi have a new and strong pillar. 1st generation slowly but surely get decrease day by day and it's makes me sad. But that the fact in idol world.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

10. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    <3Maiyan.... sotsugyou omedetou...!!<3
    The time has finally come... Maiyan is the only idol I have followed for a very long time.
    I got to know Nogi through Nandome no Aozoraka, I still remember the first time I watch Nogidoko, I was in awe of her beauty.
    Before the 11th single, she has became my ultimate oshimen, and never changes till now.
    I dare say no one else come close to Maiyan status for me.

She is not the typical 'ugly duckling turn to beautiful swan' type of idol, she has always been beautiful with just the right amount of self-confidence.
    She is an all-round idol with pretty good skills in terms of singing, dancing, acting, variety, talkshows, modeling, basically everything....
    She is not the best in all these, but you can always count on Maiyan to deliver and it seems so natural, so effortless, without any drama whatsoever.
    But that just shows that she works hard on everything, even though she is just a normal girl who was bullied, who has her own insecurities.
    That is why I like her so much.

Nogi will never be the same without Maiyan but I'm looking forward for her solo activities.
    Tbh, I don't know if I can love Nogi the same without her, I hope so....I hope Nogi continues to be beautiful as well.

• Like Like x 4
  11. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    high profile suitors are queueing up a long line now

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Her graduation is something that we've foreseen but I still hurts like hell :cry2:

Here's a translation of her latest interview with nikkan sports
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1214342875871232001

She will continue to be an actress and entertainer. She may also enter the music industry.

Really, it sucks since yesterday was the 1st day of work for me yet here's the G-bomb. :cry2:
    Synchronicity is on loop on my phone right now.

I'm still coping up as of the moment. The only thing that's keeping my composure are these 2 words from Synchronicity:
    "Keep going~"

13. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    The journey of eight years with Shiraishi Mai has been the greatest eight years of my life. She is a living and breathing legend as far across any idol can be. In just under three months she will be gone. It's hard not to believe it but it's here. With that said prepare for the days ahead.

14. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 3
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

These eight years have been very fun of how Maiyan grew up. :flower:

17. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    A graduation concert and graduation center I hope. I won't be satisfied without Maiyan centering her graduation single.

19. Apple

Apple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    yes I also think Maiyan will not be the center for next single. the case might be the same like ikoma she'll be the center for B side or just get a solo single. I hope Maiyan gets a solo graduation concert like Misamisa.

20. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    For as long as I have been a fan, her graduation was always a topic of speculation. Now that it's arrived. WOW. I can't believe it. I'm laughing over it all, because I've been primed for it. And here it is. LOL!

I'm so happy for her.

Congratulations on your graduation, Maiyan! I'll be supporting you forever.

Even though she's the member that drew me into Nogizaka in the first place my heart went to Nanase. The fandom loves IkuMai, but me I was more an IkuMoto fan. I've alway taken Maiyan's presence for granted. Her popularity is self-sustaining. There's no need for me to be on her bandwagon -- there's plenty others there for her.

But I really do appreciate Maiyan as a Nogi member and person. I think she's beautiful both inside and out. She's what you think of as you think of Nogizaka, beauty, grace, humility. I'm hoping her example is followed by her juniors. If they half are as beautiful a person as Maiyan, Nogizaka will always shine bright.

I'm glad to have been a fan while Maiyan was in the group.

• Like Like x 2