1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I miss that smile. Maybe others prefer their Techi as cool, dark and brooding, but I like mine just like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    While I think Ikoma was an amazing performer (watch Against - her last center, it’s a Synchro coupling song), she had never been popular with Nogi wota. Many said (and this is not my opinion) she didn’t have the ojou-sama and onee-san vibe, her hs sales were worse than 3rd row senbatsu, her concurrent with AKB irritated a lot of Nogi wota (they enjoyed Matsui Rena’s presence though) and many more. I think there’s a thread on s48 discussing why Ikoma never worked out as a center. A painful read for everyone who’s her fans so prepare yourself if you decide to jump into it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Reveen What is the point of coming here to bash Techi and her fans?. Calling everyone emo and judging beforehand? .Are you calling this criticism and not hating?. Sure. If you think all she did is screaming for attention you don´t know her at all. What about the time when she teached 2cd generation members dancing?. What about when she did her best to perform until she ended up in wheelchair for the sake of the group?. But suddenly,she is the attention seeking girl. She said a lot of times she wanted the other members to shine and she was happy when other girls had chances too.
    And calling her a zombie or her fans emo is not constructive criticism at all.Let her fans show their love for her here,if that is much to ask.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@YukoOshimafan is there a rule that says that only fans can post in the girls' threads? I don't think.

This is true though.

Some times girls attract a specific type of fan that ends up being... annoying. And the way they present themselves, their opinions and how they act whenever their oshi is concerned can change the perception other fans have of said girl. It's happened before in this very same forum with other AKB girls like Mayuyu, Paruru, Naanya (all pushes, huh) and... Akicha (hi, Sweden).

In Tecchi's case, the whole oMG she'S AN ARTTIST!!!1 approach has been exaggerated to an extreme.
    She is a teenage girl who found her way into an idol group, became its center and did her job. No more, no less. She sang what AkiP gave her and danced what Takahiro told her... just like the rest of the group. Just like the rest of idol groups.

I'll call her an artist when she starts composing her own music, writing her own lyrics and choreographing her own numbers.

Still, as an idol, when she got it right, she got it perfect. And for that her absence will be felt. And she will be missed.

• Agree x 13
    • Disagree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

You can't say that Techi's fan calling her an artist is an exaggeration. She is not the only one called that. The whole is called an artist. You don't need to only write or compose your own music to be called an artist. They don't write their own music, true but they create this art where you experience the lyrics of the music. They may be told to do that, yes but still they are the ones doing the art, portraying what is being put down to an art. It takes a while for one to really interprete what they are doing and that is the art. Techi does well with that. No one still knows what she is implying when she is dancing, same as the others. That is why they are called artists. This again makes me question how ppl view idols. Idols are given the chance to create an art with what they are given. If they are able to do that, like how keyaki does, then they are artists too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Just compiling what some people closed to Techi has been sharing about her for these past few days.

1) Smiling-Techi photo from Republic 2018. It was shared by SakamichiTV PD. He wrote:

"Hirate Yurina-san
    A moment I love
    Keyaki Republic 2018"

He also explained the difference between a Republic (Keyaki Republic) and a Kingdom. Keyaki Republic is not a Kingdom where there is a king, queen and monarch. On the contrary, it is the "Kingless Kingdom" and is the closest to Republic of France. A Republic is where there is a President. (He said something along these lines but I'm still waiting for official translation)
    https://twitter.com/ISHIHARAshin_/status/1221111249200500737?s=20

2) Okamura Shunichi - director of Zuumin's stage play

He shared that last year he saw a girl with sparkling eyes seating in the audience seat. After the performance, she talked to Zuumin so he asked the staff who she was, and it turned out to be Techi.
    https://twitter.com/okamurashunichi/status/1221295600542482432?s=20

3) Tsuchii talking about the graduations, withdrawal and hiatus. Here I'm just quoting parts where he mentioned Techi.

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1221277086200913920?s=20

I think this kinda confirms that Techi has thought about graduation for a long time and already discussed it with mmg and some members, especially 1ki. Judging from their blogs, it seems that they have known about it for quite some time. I think Miyabi mentioned how they rushed Tokyo Dome, had Techi performing last song, Keyaki's end-of-year performances etc all pointed to the idea that they have carefully prepared for her departure. And to think that 9th single was supposed to be released at the end of last year makes it sound like a proper way to end Keyaki's 1st chapter. I'm glad he mentioned the rumor of Techi continues her solo activities though, becasue that enforces my belief that they have sth in store for her and she'll return to us soon.

4) Yuuka's radio
    Part of Fuuchan’s blog
    Part of Nen’s blog
    http://toomuchidea.blogspot.com/

*****Kojirabu is receiving messages for Tecchan and will send them to SOL. Deadline is Feb 7. If you could then please send Techi some messages.
    https://twitter.com/kojirabu0419/status/1220909746527465473?s=21

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    If you cant acknowledge Techi being an artist, then thats your problem, none other idol have been able to make and accomplish what Techi did in a few year, not akb members are as big a Techi, she is an "error" in the idol matrix, she is so unique everybody around her and the show business say acknowledge, just the jealous haters like you are blind and are stubborn enough to not see how awesome this girl is, chillax bro, she is gone now, maybe your mediocre groups can shine now, but Techi´s Keyaki is the best thing to ever happen to the Idol world in a long time

Mod note: do not double post as it is against the rules.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Trinu I never said there is a rule about that.However,I don't see the point of bashing a girl when people don't like her and try to upset her fans who are still sad about her leaving.For you,she must have been just another member but for others she is important.There is something called respect.Personally,I don't see the point of attacking a member or a fanbase just because I don't like her.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

[​IMG]

Anyway, I look forward to whatever she does next.
    I would love for her to continue as a performer. Tsuno wo Magaru shows so much potential.[/user]

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

@Trinu I view keyaki and techi are expression artists just like actors, who don’t get to write their own scripts. There are also plenty of established artists who don’t write their own songs.
    Keyaki is more focused on performance rather than variety, which is the main difference between artists and idols imo (no disrespect to idols intended).
    Techi may have not have written a song, but she actually created a choreography for Stargazer MV. Besides, she’s known for contributing to keyaki’s concerts as well as MVs production, and people who had worked with her described her as creative.

Many people who are not idol fans, like myself, have become keyaki fans. Food for thought.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Ikoma was never hated, she was just never popular to begin with.
    She was basically the epitome of the management push. Couldn't sing, had arguably subpar visuals compared to many of the members, mediocre stage presence, and Nogi quickly established their elegant ojousama style which Ikoma didn't fit at all. So even though fans didn't hate her they felt her centership was unwarranted and resented her a little bit.

Techi is completely different from Ikoma though.
    Ikoma wasn't popular. Techi is insanely popular. If she did handshakes, she would sell them out faster than anyone else.
    Ikoma was a mediocre performer. Techi is an amazing performer.
    Ikoma didn't really fit the group's concept. Techi defined the group's concept.

If you look at the group objectively (like the way management would), you would always choose the member who is the best choice for center. Its not about loyalty to some absolute ace. You just choose the best choice. Ikoma was the best choice for the first 5 singles because management wanted to have a consistent face for Nogi's early stages. After that, Nogi had, and still has, many "best choices". For every single there are tons great choices for center.

For Keyaki, whether people like it or not, Techi was ALWAYS the best choice for center. No one else in Keyaki 1st gen even comes close.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

You know you can negative talk about Hirate in general thread but once you come to her own thread and start talking s! about her, it's clearly show your true manner, it's like go to one's own home and attack the owner.

Well, it's the 5th day and media still talks about Techi's leaving. Buns! released their made-up story last night, dragged attention from casual netizens. Half the truth is not the truth. Though the piece "Hirate decided leaving 6 months ago" might be true, if you are Techi/Keyaki fans and know her personality a bit, you will know the rest is crap. On 25th they continued "bully theory" and 26th they wrote "Hirate CEO theory".

And then, a lot of people including some celebs are looking forward to her solo activities. One mentioned he want to see Techi own-written lyrics which I also love to see. Techi said that she started writing her thought on note long time ago, I dont know she still pratices it or not but if she does, HiraP might come in near future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I dont think ikoma was mediocre, maybe she was not the most popular with nogi fans. But she is a good performer specially with cool songs like seikufu no mannequin and if i am not wrong hirate is a fan of ikoma and she decided to join an idol group because she admired ikoma. About the artist discussion. Imo the idols are artist no matter the concept, cute, dark, cool, cheerful because they are expressing the feelings of a song and conveying a message to the audience. The problem is the overuse of this word of some fans trying to despise other idols and their groups. There are talented former and active idols that are succeeding in other fields like marika ito that organized a succesful art exhibition last week, kazumi takayama as writer, erika ikuta as singer and actress in musicals , nanase as actress, rino sashihara as producer and lyricist of =love. Only some examples and I dont see the majority of their fans despising other idols and their groups. I think hirate is talented , she has a bright future as actress or performer but there are other talented members in keyakizaka like pon , risa, hikaru that can do a great job with the appropiate songs in the restart of keyakizaka.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Ikoma really suits the cooler types song. I'm quite fond of the Against performance I found on Youtube (the one on AKB Show). Seifuku No Mannequin was another good song that I can't really imagine another Nogi member centering. It was a shame though that her style kinda clashed with Nogi's main image (the elegant ojou-sama), hence the resentment. And imo the Nogi fandom is a bit more critical with hs sales when it comes to senbatsu and positions.

Regarding the artist conversation, I actually think there's a fine line between idols and artists. I mainly refer to idols as entertainers or performers. To call someone an artist, I want a bit more input from their side. I agree with @humbal that artists convey a message to the audience. But I think Keyaki stands out a bit more in the idol industry, and is more often associated with "art" or "artist" because the girls take expressing/projecting feelings very seriously. You often hear idols saying they want to work hard and bring joy to their fans (which is an absolutely wonderful thing to do), but it's less common to say "We express this emotion in this part, that part has a different meaning, I hope people can sympathize with it". And it also helps that Keyaki has higher performance level than an average idol group (you can often see people, even non-fans, praising Keyaki performances are like stage play or musicals). I think people tend to take things more seriously when it looks more professional. But I also dislike it when fans use the girls' ability to bring others down. People shouldn't be too serious about labels, yet again, idols and artists are treated drastically so I do understand.

HiraP would be amazing. I'd love to see her be even more involved with production (staging, concept, choreographing). Techi's always full of ideas. I'd love to see Techi working with Takahiro-sensei for whatever job (co-producing Keyaki concert maybe?) I found out that at first they wanted Techi to write the lyrics for Kadowo and she did try. She found it unexpectedly hard and eventually they asked AkiP. I hope she continues to practice and learn from AkiP. Despite what people say, I think AkiP is a great lyricist, especially when he finds his muse/inspiration. I hope we could meet Techi-lyricist soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Ikoma had great stage presence though, especially for cooler songs like Seifuku no Mannequin. No one else can center it like she did. As for Techi always being the best choice for center, eh, that's completely subjective. There's a reason why Suzumoto's Ambivalent center was incredibly popular (even Perfume mentioned it). I don't think a Techi centered Ambivalent performance got as much praise as Suzumoto. The whole point is that management never even bothered to try other people, so we cannot know if the others would have been as good as Techi. imo I don't think anyone can come near Techi's impact in Saimajo and Fukyouwaon, but for the other songs I think there have been suitable replacements (shame Suzumoto is gone though).

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Can we just stop talking about others in Techi's thread?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Beowulf

Beowulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai Yuuka / Kosaka Nao
    Techi's graduation allows other members to finally have the opportunity to make center. Even though I understand that not all of them are suitable for the role, I've always felt every member deserves a chance. I would also like to believe that Techi wished that she wasn't center all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    How has everyone been doing lately?

I'm still trying to cope with everything happened. I feel a bit calmer now, with a rising hope for Techi's future career. However, there's still this sense of anxiety as Techi is so unpredictable and secretive at the same time. Do you think she'd enclose a bit more information (not about the withdrawal but just herself in general)? I want to know about her wellbeing. I'm writing her a message (then send to Kojirobu). There's so many things I want to say but I don't want to burden her with my feelings. I think Kadowo makes me more aware of how expectations from people, even fans, can add pressure to Techi. Other than that, I've been binged watching Keyaki's concert and shows from debut till now, just to find Techi's silhouette. It's like a rediscovery.

19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @GenKelC That's an amazing video! I would love to see a drama based on our Keyaki girls... that would be extraordinarly cool.

I think something every Techi fan is experiencing now is the difference between what they want for Techi and what they want from Techi.
    We want her happy and heatlhy and free from all the hate and jealousy and bullying, but at the same time we want keep seeing her and support her and discover how high she can fly; how important she can become.
    And I, personally, would love to see her at the Olympic games... the withdraw timing may make it easier for it to happen... I think it really depends on Aki-p and what he and her mngmnt has in mind.
    Anyway, we are torn.
    We want it all.

Her leaving hit me in one hard real life moment, so it's taking a bit longer for me to react, but it's okay; we are hurt in the measure we love something or someone, right?
    I too would like to write a lot of things, or draw a lot of her portraits, but right now I just can't.
    Behind her talent though, Techi is a very simple girl, so a "Thank you" may be enough for now, she may understand anyway... or not, because she never expect to have that much impact on people..

• Like Like x 4
  20. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    You can hate Techi all you want, but you cant deny the fact that everybody is talking about her, and this the most active thread of the forum, thats why being popular and being the best mean, having haters and people who love her, All Hail Techi!! The best Idol ever!!

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1