1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Plus the confirmed case in Japan is actually in Osaka (that's before the ones in Tokyo recently).
    Considering how the flu outbreak hit nearly everyone in HKT twice after their HS some months ago, it is actually a sensible decision for a more dangerous virus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

SKE 2/2 HS is actually at INTEX Osaka too. They are daring :^^;: (or their management just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of rescheduling their HS).

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Pretty sure if SKE management doesn't cancel it, the authorities will

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    NMB 2/2 is also at Intex Osaka and is also planned to go on as scheduled.

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I doubt it. There's still many of all sorts of events going on around in Japan, despite the virus, so I think it's up to organizers to decide whether to cancel it or not and to take any safety measures. Japan isn't like China where whole cities are on lock down right now, life just goes on as usual. I think crowded trains in rush hour are much more risky than this (because people are squished against each others and if someone coughs or wheezes they literally do it in another person's face) and even there is not requirement for masks or anything.

Also note that except for 2 people so far, all infected people in Japan have recently been to China and got infected there. The 2 people that got infected without going to China were bus driver and tour guide working with Chinese tourists. As far as I know, measures for allowing people from China into Japan have also become stricter due to the virus, especially from the areas were infection rates are high. So as long as people who have been to China and particularly the dangerous areas of China recently don't come to these HS events, it shouldn't be very risky.

6. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, from what I understand someone can be a carrier of the virus without displaying any symptoms yet.
    We're talking about a handshake event here, I don't think the members will all be sporting face masks, i'll side AKB48 in this, even if it meant canceling one of the last handshakes for Miichan, better save then sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I totally understand your perspective. But other groups (SKE, NMB, Hinatazaka...) decided to go through with HS events with everyone (members, staff and fans) wearing masks. This actually makes it safer than for example riding a packed train where there's many people without masks packed into a small space. So what I'm trying to say is that if authorities were that worried about it they wouldn't just be cancelling 48 group HS, they would be cancelling other events, closing down places where many people gather at once, etc. The infection rate in Japan is still low enough not to be considered an epidemic and it is up to organizers' judgement to decide what precautions to take or even cancel the even altogether. So I'm not trying to say here whether they should cancel it or not, my point is just that authorities won't cancel it, it's all up to the management/event organizers to decide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I was in Seichan's line at an event three years ago when the guy behind me was sneezing his head off the whole time. He wasn't wearing a mask and I was convinced that I'd go down with whatever lurgy he had but fortunately I didn't! However after that little incident I did wonder whether I should start wearing a mask at HS events as there's so many people crowded into a big hot event hall and I really didn't want to be ill for part of my trip. I never have worn a mask in Japan but I'm now expecting to be doing that in all crowded places (not just HS events assuming they go ahead!) when I travel in May even if the risk of coronavirus spreading has been downgraded.

EDIT: Hinatazaka HS event also postponed:
    https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/news/detail/S00154?ima=0000

And Erii has tweeted that masks are sold out at every pharmacy:
    https://twitter.com/erii_20031027/status/1223196624677027842

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Actually I think wearing a mask is usually not allowed at HS events (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's in the rules). At least during the time you actually shake hands with the members. That being said, some people are very irresponsible, at the Christmas HS event there was apparently at least 1 fan who came despite being sick with flu and therefore endangering so many members, staff and fans. If you are sick, especially with a serious disease, you should be staying at home.

11. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You can wear a mask -- you just need to remove it for the staff to check before you go in, but you can put it back on after. At least for AKB48.

12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Oh, that makes sense. I've never actually seen anyone go into the booth wearing a mask though, some would wear it during queueing but remove before going into the booth so I guess it's at least uncommon.

13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    so, is there panic situation among people especially netizen on the net in japan now? in my country,every netizen is having some sort of panicking without solid reason. this is due to some stupid fake news, and politic issue. many doctors are bashed for asking our citizen to calm down. damn those netizens.

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    From the FB of Japan Expo Thailand:
    https://www.facebook.com/japanexpothailand/posts/1563554067158284

It's a long (English-language) post with many instructions but basically the HS with AKB48 members after the live show tomorrow in Bangkok will be replaced with a 2-shot event due to the current coronavirus precautions. No physical contact will be permitted. Maybe that'll be the way forward for HS events in Japan in the near future?

16. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Japan Expo also accept refund for already-bought ticket. If they indeed go with the non-touching HS in Japan, a large-scale refund scheme is going to be needed (because tickets were sold as "handshake" ticket).

Though I think they are already going to have to set up a large-scale refund for tickets for this weekend event already.

17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Thanks for the info :)

Regarding the last part, I'd rather have all goraijo card rather than all only 2S.

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've been trawling through social media just now and I've found a few 2-shots from today's event in Bangkok. In all cases both the AKB48 member and the fan are wearing masks. Here's an example with Yuihan (I've cropped out the fan to protect her privacy):

[​IMG]

I'd guess that if this happens in Japan then many fans will request a refund. For myself, I'd prefer an autograph card in this situation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You also get autographed mini-poster at Japan Expo Thailand though. Some also got signed live (since presumably they were to sign it during Feb 1 HS), so many fans also get personal messages.