1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't think I've ever seen baby pics of Miichan.... but even then she was sporting a ぼうし
    (and now I wonder if she still has that hat)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    and a new video, part 2 with Takamina

if the video does not show watch the video here

Things I picked up, Bosu, No3b, kekkon (marriage) and concert

ok, then I read the description :) :
    =======================
    Following the previous video, Minami Takahashi a.k.a. Takamina shall continue as our guest! I believe we’ll be able to share richer stories to our viewers this time.
    Some people may feel disturbed when watching us talk humorously about “those” days, but I am personally delighted to be able to talk freely, with a close friend, about my emotions at that time, which I wasn’t able to tell to the media.
    Thanks YouTube!
    I well understand that I won’t be forgiven for the many people that I’ve hurt at “that” time, but I wish the viewers will watch and enjoy the video. I am reading all the guest requests in the comments! They’re all very busy friends but I hope I can realize them. Thank you!
    ------------------------------------------
    Well, for better or for worse, 'those days' are a part of Miichan, and as someone said in the comments:

それくらい研究生になってからのみぃちゃんが魅力的で大好きすぎる。
    --------------------------
    Only since she became a research student did she become attractive and loved too much.

Would there have been a Team 4 without the scandal? sure, but would it be as strong a team as it turned out, I doubt it, in any case, it would not have been Minegishi Team 4
    Would an alternative timeline be better, I really have no idea, although of course I would have like to spare Miichan that heartbreak, I think she got a better person because of it.

btw, maybe that's the best part of AKB for me, seeing the growth of the members, seeing them all find a niche, some succeeding, some not so much, but all finding their way.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  3. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

It would be great if there were subtitles in the videos because here is history.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan decided she wanted her hair a shade lighter:
    [​IMG]

and this is the 56th day since she stopped drinking

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    The fact that she can speak in a rather carefree way about "those" days means that she has left it in the past and now is able to speak about it without it being hurtful for her. She has learned things from it and she has come out more mature, down to earth, and above all, stronger. I'm stupidly proud of her and I wish I had that amount of fortitude.

I have a friend who doesn't understand a thing about Miichan's videos but she told me she watches anyway because she wants to support her and her channel lol

Kids, remember to pause adblock when watching your favorite idol's videos!

• Like Like x 3
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan (along with Yukirin and Naachan) will be appearing in a special Valentine's Day edition of UTAGE! on 2/16 on TBS TV when there will be a 'Red & White Love Singing Battle' ('Kouhaku Ai no Utagassen'):

https://www.tvlife.jp/entame/259046

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I do hope Miichan will continue to be invited to UTAGE after her graduation, although it does seem to be three spots for AKB members, I don't think Sasshii has been back after her graduation, not sure about Sayanee though
    Ofcourse Mayuyu co-hosts (and maybe her being in Production Ogi helps, who knows)

Next guest on Miichan's YouTube channel will (of course) be Miki-chan
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1225328693540577280
    ======================================
    「IDOL AND READ」さんに取材していただきました!生い立ちから振り返ったロングインタビューで20ページぐらいになるらしいです。凄い。お楽しみに。
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "IDOL AND READ" interviewed! It seems to be about 20 pages in a long interview looking back from the background. great. looking forward to.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That will be one hell of an interview to try and translate :^^;::1st:

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's twitter:
    =====================================
    みーおんの生誕祭、お手紙を書かせてもらいました!みーおんに伝えたいこと全部詰めたら長くなっちゃったけど、伝わってたら嬉しいなぁ... 終わりでもぎちゃんと大好きヘアメイクさんと打ち上げ〜 ジョッキはどう見てもハイボールだけど中身は烏龍茶。 今日もお酒を飲みませんでした(61日目)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wrote a letter for Mion's birthday! When I packed everything I wanted to convey to Mion, it became long, but I'm glad if I could tell it ... Even at the end, I launched with my favorite hair and makeup! Even though the mug is a highball, the contents are oolong tea. I did not drink alcohol today (Day 61)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sadly we don't have a really good translator in the group of Miichan fans :/
    Ah, well, more reasons to keep trying to learn 日本語

• Like Like x 2
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's letter to Miion for her birthday
    https://akb48-blog.net/letter/minegishiminami-mukaichimion-20200207/

"Minegishi Mental Clinic is waiting for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Last but not least, I don't say "do your best". I'll laugh forever."

(I think the last sentence 最後になりますが、「頑張って」なんて言わないよ。いつまでも笑っていてね。 (Saigo ni narimasuga,`ganbatte' nante iwanai yo. Itsu made mo waratte ite ne) might be mistranslated as Japanese can be quite vague about the subject of a sentence, in any case it would make more sense to me if it was:
    "Last but not least, I don't say "do your best". keep laughing forever." (it's a te-form so a request)
    and as Miichan keeps saying that Miion should enjoy herself more it's the logical way to close the letter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Is Miichan trying to do dry 2020?

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    For whatever reason she gave up drinking all alcohol till her graduation concert

14. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I think the nuance here might be closer to 'Please keep laughing no matter what'. いつまでも means 'forever' but it can also mean 'as long as one likes' or 'no matter what'. 'Laughing forever' seems like a madman to me.... The 'ne' part actually make it more clear that it's a request --- it cannot be translate as 'I'll laugh forever.' at all. (that would be いつまでも笑ってるよ)

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    New YouTube video, theme of the day: dieting
    with as guest Miki-chan

if the video does not show watch the video here

I have no idea when this was, I can't remember Miichan being as extreme as that, even with the Rizzap CM's she had to push out her too look to look a bit obese :/
    She was a bit chubby though
    [​IMG]
    dunno if that was real or photoshopped ....but damn, look at her now
    [​IMG]
    That's tight

btw. I like Miki-chan best when she's not full on, damn that girl can exude energy, so much so that watching her is kinda tyring... I like her better when she's a bit more relaxed.
    But I'm happy to see she's doing this well, leaving AKB might have been the best decision for her in the end

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Miichan has a tendency to gain weight but... I hallucinate when I saw the image, I had not noticed That she had been fat. :blink:
    It must be that I had put bandages on my eyes. :confused:

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Miichan's last video with Mikichan about diet was nice to watch! Both of them get along so well and it's good that they can relate to each other when it comes to diets.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but the video has a description in english and I found what Miichan wrote is very touching, she talked about her hardship before because of weight and it affected her very much, and the reason why she decided to diet back then is for Kojiharu, because when Kojiharu graduated, she was worried to leave Miichan behind since Miichan was going through hard times. This made me a bit emotional, I love the bond between old gens and between same gen especially, and to know that Kojiharu was so worried for Miichan and Miichan did this for her, it's very touching ;_; Here is what Miichan wrote in english:

"In the past, there were times when i was 10kg heavier than now...

Its not that im saying that being skinny is justice, but back then, i hated myself. It held me back from going outside to see friends, i hated picking out clothes and wearing make up, and worst of all, i hated appearing on national television.
    i couldn’t stand it all.

I locked myself inside and made my friends concerned. i was emotionally unstable and couldn’t focus on work. i knew it was bad for me but i couldn’t change my habits. I didn’t eat in front of my friends and ate ramen noodles or snacks at my house when no one was looking.

The moment i truly decided to lose weight was when Haruna Kojima announced her graduation.

As she knew i was emotionally unstable, she was very worried about leaving me behind. I started my diet to achieve an ideal figure and show her that i was alright before seeing her off.

I couldn’t accomplish my full goal before she graduated, but as i gradually started seeing and actually experiencing myself lose weight, it gave me the motivation to keep with it and steadily continue until today.

though im stating quite the obvious from a person-on-a-diet perspective, i hope my video encourages people who are reluctant to start."

• Like Like x 1
  18. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Reminds me of the AKBingo episode with Miyazaki Miho talking about her weight gain, how she went from being really popular to having like two people show up to her handshakes, I think she struggled with a lot of the same issues.

19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Maybe this explains also why Shimada Haruka seems to be so fond of Miichan as well, we all know her weight got remarked upon a lot on AKBingo as well.
    And basically most of the time there is initially nothing wrong with them even if they are a little chubby ... but negative remarks can put them in a downward spiral.
    I'm glad all of them seem to be coping alright with this issue

and yeah ... the older gens, especially no3b, truly love each other
    Saying that, I still sort wished Nyan-Nyan hadn't entered her last election, Miichan might have made senbatsu that year :/ ...
    otoh, now she got to center the undergirls song, which I still thing is better than 3rd row on the far left, but it was clear Miichan really, really wanted to return to the senbatsu.
    But there is no resentment between them over that at all ... which is sort of amazing.

"I couldn’t accomplish my full goal before she graduated"
    well, if you look at Miichan during Nyan-Nyan's grad concert, I think she looked smashing and very stylish

ow, Miichan has a new twitter banner
    [​IMG]

from left to right
    ゆいり、なあちゃん、みいちゃん、もきちゃん、みーおん(みいおん)
    Yuiri, Naachan, Miichan, Mokichan, Miion
    Miichan as Gachapin ... who else :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    I read a tweet on twitter that said Miichan next theater shows will be her 1000th performance.. Anyone can confirm this? :^^;:

So, this make her a Theater Goddess too.. Alongside Yuiri.. Right? :approve: