1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 25th [Shiawase no Hogoshoku] (2020/03/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 7, 2020.

1. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I actually prefer the dance/performance videos to the story videos.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    so you think its easy to make a concept for a dance video? you definitely never done this before aren't you?
    let me ask you a simple question, if you listen to the song without seeing the music video, lets say you never watch the music video before, what is the first thing that came up in your mind about the music video? like how would it look like?

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    After some listenings on these days, the A-side grew on me. It's really cute. I still wanted a better last single for Maiyan but oh well, at least she already has Synchronicity which is one of the best Nogi singles, so it's fine. I confirm that this is much better than Sing Out! and Yoake Made at least.

The real problem here is the video, I think they should've done a better one. I'm not a fan of it at all. It doesn't look monumental but quite cheap. I understand the reason why they didn't choose for an outdoor one but still I don't like it.

All Nogi graduation single videos have all been so beautiful, why Maiyan, which is Nogi face, got the weakest one?

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Agree, it's so sad because Nogi's visual queen got cheap MV, they could do more. Sing Out, Synchronicity and Influencer MVs are indoor but those are so beautiful. Corona virus can't attack creativity.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    1. It's not a cheap MV. Other users have explained in detail why earlier in this thread. Read those posts.
    2. The virus has nothing to do with the MV being recorded indoors.
    3. It's not sad as long as Maiyan is happy with it, and there is no reason to believe this isn't the case.

It's fine if you don't like it but don't make up facts.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Takeda Shigen Ringo

Takeda Shigen Ringo Member

But Fukagawa, Hashimoto or Nishino can bring Maaya back into the senbatsu like Shiraishi did. That was an achievement no other members can achieve. Seeing Wada Maaya in the MV somehow is enough to me.

But if I were the Nogizaka management, I will pour all the company's money to do the MV which continues the story in Sora Tobira's MV. Which is in this, Shiraishi is the Jaxa ace astronaut together with her 1st gen team got stuck on Mars. The Earth team has to instruct Shiraishi team repair the ship. After all, the ship has been repaired and all the 1st gen team returns back to Earth safety expect Shiraishi who sacrificed herself at the end for the whole team could escape. Turn out she is not dead on space but she got stuck in the 4th dimension. With the help of her daughter Momoko, she has returned back healthy and become the legend of Jaxa. The mayonnaise citizen comes from the 4th dimension

• Creative Creative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aas

Aas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria
    The MV and song from 2nd gen song is so beautiful, as my favorite generation, it's very satisfying

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I know that people will comment that they prefer a beautiful story-based PV and use that to criticised Shiawase no Hogoshoku. But I am sooooo happy that it is not a story based PV. I never really get the appeal of that and too often it only focused on a few members and many others are neglected.
    In this PV, Maiyan wants all members to take part and have their screen time. It really shows the warmth and friendliness of Nogizaka46. Many members commented the reason they like Nogizaka46 is because everybody are so friendly of each other, that's so apparent in the PV and the live performance too.
    Even comparing to Synchronicity and Sing Out, this PV is miles better and much more creative.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

It's so sad because people tend to moaning when they can't read anything on Nogi's absolute ace's last single thread :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's alright, on YT most people are clearly loving it.
    As of now, 3 days 30 mins after release: 95K likes, 888 dislikes -> 0.9% dislikes
    Also the views are 1,968,984 views (very close to 2M)!
    Compare with other releases (as of now):
    Synchronicity: 179K likes, 5.6K dislikes
    Kaerimichi: 185K likes, 4.1K dislikes
    Sing Out: 131K likes, 2.7K dislikes

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I don't have high expectations myself, not for live-action in general and in particular, this anime need some effort and talents to translate its peculiarity to live action.
    As a fan, of both, I can see this as an extra treat of cosplay party, which nothing to seriously criticize about; but for anime nerds that have no idea or care about, this could be just as you said. their notion of negativity already there, so better not surprise reading potential hostile comments on some point later, especially because the anime is quite a hit gather attention in western hemispheres.
    well, positively it still could be a nice moment to promote the meme, especially since we send out three of our best girls [hehe]. i hope ume can kill it as kanamori.

12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Live-action was announced before the anime aired, so idk if it's anime adaptation or manga adaptation.

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

technically a manga. but that does not really matter since early presumption already established with how good the anime version is, as standard expectation. Some ppl will just compare both kind adaptations, and live-action has a disadvantage for that, either that sound fair or not.

14. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

TL;DR: It says “Babel.”

I found a Japanese comment on the Anastasia MV explaining that the cuneiforms said "Babel," meaning “gate of the god(s)” in Akkadian. Akkadian adopted the cuneiform alphabet of Sumerian and was influenced by Sumerian, but the two are different languages.
    “Babel” was the Hebrew Bible's name for the real historical city of Babylon. “Babylon” is a Latin spelling derived from the Akkadian “Babilim.” Akkadian is what they spoke in Babylon, in fact, one form of the Akkadian language is called Babylonian.
    But something seemed fishy, because when I looked up cuneiform spellings for Babel/Babylon, the symbols were all different. (The forum sadly does not support cuneiform script, so I can't write them out here.)
    In addition, when I directly googled the symbols from the MV (Google does support cuneiform script), almost all the results were Japanese writers claiming it meant Babel.
    Then, when I looked up the pronunciation of the MV symbols letter by letter, it said “ba-ab-il-u.”
    So I suspect that the cuneiforms in the MV are actually a transliteration of the Hebrew word “Babel” and are technically incorrect. But I've never learned Akkadian, so I can't be sure.

• Informative Informative x 5
  15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thanks for finding out!
    Still, I wonder why they opted to include the cuneiform and its relevance to the story told in the MV.
    Also, the hebrew word Bâbel also means 'confusion'. I don't know if this is just a nice coincidence considering the story of the confusion of languages, or if there's more to it.

Anyway, for this MV I believe the biblical account is of most influence. The tower they build and finally arrive at is their gateway.

16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I have a curious question. Can members impact the style of a song? For example when certain members graduate the style of the songs in the group change.

17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    More or less. When Nogi's Otona member was still around, many Nogi's songs sound more mature. But these last couple years, when almost all Otona members has graduated, and new gen + younger members enter Nogi, I feel that many of their song sound fresh and young. It is different, but not that far with the main image of Nogi itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I've already red those comments but it still looks a cheap music video to me. I said it LOOKS cheap, not that it IS cheap. I don't like it, cheap or with a big budget. As others said, Synchronicity video is very minimal, indoors, but it still beautiful and perfect like that. So where are the facts?
    And I still prefer much more other graduation single videos I posted, they're on another level compared to "Shiawase no circus" sorry not sorry.

And why I have to be happy of it cause Maiyan is happy about it (IF she really is)? That's MY taste, not Maiyan's one. I'm not that fanatic that my oshi's taste is more important than mine. :p
    I LOVE Maiyan, she's my second favourite Nogi member, but still, I prefer much more other graduation A-sides, and that's why I'm that disappointed, cause I wanted for Maiyan a good one, as good as other ones.

I think is because of fans like you that Nogi is slowly declining in quality and popularity. They feel too much comfortable and on a safe position nowadays, everything they gonna do and release is gonna be justified and praised. They're not even trying anymore to have THAT quality and that spark that made Nogi so special.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @SteCola I was actually reacting to RedBug's post.

Your last sentence is just an unnecessary personal attack and shows you don't know what you are talking about. Go and read my reviews of the 23rd and 24th single for example, you'll see they are honest, unbiased and not at all praising.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    I think the MV means that they want make a tower for themself which the tower means as their pride and "defiance" against "god"(which can mean 1st gen or management for not giving them a lot of chance). The MV also shows how badly the tower destroyed and the members scattered, they will rise and unite again to build the tower again.

I think the word Babel they use in the cuneiform leans to the Akkadian meaning "gate of god", which means they want to reach the top (heavens) and to be recognized.

About Bābilu: http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/akkadian/dosearch.php?searchkey=2467&language=id

• Like Like x 2