1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 25th [Shiawase no Hogoshoku] (2020/03/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 7, 2020.

1. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    That would be true, for most genre of music. But i just cannot stand the abomination that is mumble rap. I don't understand how something that sounded like someone drowning in a lake with socks inside his mouth is considered as music

2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I am not really familiar with the genre, but in the end it all comes down to taste. We do not always understand the artistic value, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

I'm curious now though, can someone point out a good example of a mumble rap song? I want to hear what it's about.

3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  4. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    I don't know what count as 'good' in mumble rap, but here's a few example

if the video does not show watch the video here

And i don't know if you already know this but mumble rap and mumble rapper is pretty much universally hated by the rap/hip-hop community, fans and other musician alike.

5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The mumble rap thing was a joke, guys.

Also, Gucci gang is lit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thanks, I heard enough. Literally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    I want this one but it's only available as a sticker and postcard, no poster :gavel:

8. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I'm probably the only person here that likes that song. :(

9. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    No, dude. I like it too

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I also like that song, including all Nogi songs that has rock vibe (teitaon no kiss, korogatta, ookami, oto denai, and others).
    And, I think it is wrong, calling a song disaster if it doesn't match your taste. It is just wrong.:fp:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Let me elaborate, I did call it a disaster because of the production. When I hear the song, I can hear that the composition of the song is actually good. But when you create a metal song, make sure it is produced by someone who knows how to deal with that genre. The lows are turned up way too much, which kills the dynamics and drowns out all other instruments. Especially because a large part of the song features rapid bass drum kicks. Also the vocals have too much reverb, creating a distance, as if they are just slapped on.

My choice of words comes from being disappointed, because it is potentially a killer song that sounds horrible to me. Not because it doesn't match my taste. I apologize if that word offends anyone, but come on, we have been here for a while, you know I never speak ill of this group. Please read my words in that light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I like the song but I just don't like the fact that it feels like the did a Babymetalish song just because Babymetal type music was trending at the time. Feels bandwagony.

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Koumori yo is like unholy marriage with speed metal or something. Idk how to describe it but the arrangements feel flat and the vocal part is really lack in punch. I dont mean it should reach high note, babymetal can arrange it with gap moe on hooky chorus for example.
    I think nogi should try punk rock(or they had and i just dont remember) if they want to blend with rock music because that's more raw exercise in approach.
    I think the word subjective could became an easy cope out when people find something they don't want to read. But
    to always put in context term: "in my opinion" will be just mundane, i agree as i often feel so insecure about, so to speak the need of justification.
    should we see this stuff as just people in impulse, a post of without mean of forcing objectivity--though some probably still fell on that, and yet the tricky nature reading the lines on internet.
    Any art media in general is a room of agreement and disagreement, we need to loosen up and getting used by it. I saw nobody trail every praise for this single for example to prove everyone wrong while being on the con-side it is different thing, even indirectly been told to hold back a mere opinion in passive aggressive way.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  14. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Maiyan grad solo

yeah..... its a no for me

• Like Like x 7
  15. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

it's good, might need to see the MV for me to really grasp the emotion, but overall better than some of the graduation songs like tsuzuku or tsuyogaru tsubomi imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nhs97

nhs97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    For first impression, it sounds good~~~ though I dislike the talk/sing fast part, it a nice graduation song for me. Can't wait for the mv and translations!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Korogatta Kane has a punk rock vibe I think.
    Well since I am a big fan of punk rock/pop punk, I always wanted nogi to have some songs with punk/pop punk vibes.

If they're going to try that, for me some of these AKB songs are good example (mae shika mukanee, futari nori no jitensha, tsugi no season)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

a yeah this tunes, so many things now that i forgot this one was actually nogi. They shouldn't shy away with that approach, punk rock literally save bad vocal lol

*think this just my bias but the vibe is akb is weird, that to some extent i feel they'll shout heavy rotation in the chorus.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

It's 50-50 for me. I'm okay with the mellow part but the rap-like part is a no for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Yes, I agree. Imo this could easily top any of the past graduation solos. One thing though . . .
    This. So except for that part, I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1