[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Jillian "Jelay" Pilones, one of the popular contestant from PBB: Otso has joined the 3rd generation

2. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

no idea who she is but I am sure she will make it given past exposure. That's always how it is.

3. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Isn't she Lara's friend?
    Also a beatboxer(?) :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Oh yeah now I remember.. she is definitely going in FOR SURE.

Edit: considering that she would eventually get in, I would be skeptical if she'd become a pushed or popular member since height matters and she's really tall (5'7"?) for a 48G idol like Cole.. in all honesty.

unless she got that Goddess look and charisma of Marikosama then I think this would be the case.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  5. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    In case y'all are wondering

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Jelay's on the left

6. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    If she's gonna be pushed if she gets in, I wonder if she'll be a package deal with Lara?

7. Suicchi

Suicchi Kenkyuusei

Here's their audition clip in PGT (Pilipinas Got Talent)

8. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Lara's neven been pushed from the start as she's also tall for an idol or ace material to be specific, so I don't think this will be happening once this Jelay girl got in.

I am seeing more videos now of this new 3rd gen Jelay and it's more apparent that she will just be a regular member. I don't see that look or aura compared to current aces like Coleen Rans Sheki Gabb or even Belle to be pushed. She's very talented don't get me wrong, but that's not 48G idol is all about so let's be honest here.

I could see that she'll be getting the same treatment as Lara. If her non 48g fans can vote her way in, I think that will be just it and nothing special.. I hope I am wrong though and her current fandom supports her all the way to be noticed by mgmt.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MNL48 Team MII goes to ABS-CBN Studio XP!

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    93995805_2821639604551977_1708704918547726336_o.jpg
    Official statement from HHE regarding the voting period and the status of the 3rd General Election

12. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    CocoLaban.jpg GabbLaban.jpg
    Posted by the MNL48 Page an hour ago

• Like Like x 1
  13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

And for those who are not aware, it's times up and D-Day (more like C and D Day "cease and desist" [hehe]) for MNL48's media partner abiascbn.. May 4th 2020

ABS-CBN ordered to cease operations due to expired franchise
    ABS-CBN to comply with NTC order, goes off the air on Tuesday night

I really couldn't care less either way as I have been saying many times that they deserved a better media partner from the start.

it's also sad that there will be (temporary) unemployment resulting from this debacle, but that is out of topic.

still more power to the girls.. TV5 is still a good move given the possibility.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  14. Mark De Villa

Mark De Villa Kenkyuusei

Question. Is star movie Cafe part of abs cbn or the Halo Halo company?
    Also is saw on insta, but it's a rumor tho, that the place where the theater is supposed to be is gonna be a supper market. Maybe be they don't have funds to support having a theatre anymore. Hope it's not true :glare::gavel:

15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

MSC is owned by HHE, that is why they do as they please in holding MNL48 events and concerts, technically it's the current group theater but not initially intended to be obviously.

"Movie Stars Cafe had its soft opening on August 11, and just last September 1 held an exclusive gathering, where Hallohallo Inc. invited VIP guests and their families and friends to celebrate the restaurant’s official grand opening."

https://hallohallo.com/news/09-04-18

I don't think mgmt. will let this happen but either way, MSC should be more than enough if that happens, but having your own theater would be the 48G standard.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Are there's any event that MNL do during this quarantine? I mean their budget must've been stretch to the limit during these time

17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

They are busy with their kumu lives afaik.

Speaking of events and shows.. so I learned from an online friend that he was listening to this radio show where a former entertainment reporter is spilling out tea about MNL48's media partner abs..

The topic is originally about their expired broadcast license and then he said that there's a huge bureaucracy and politics going on in there like they won't allow any new talent to flourish or given opportunity unless it has the big nod by majority of the top influential and big time talents.. like what I have been saying and we've been seeing with their mediocre appearances and shows given to them.

These are actual facts as this reporter has been with the network for more than a decade and a half and also been laid off due to recent inside or political issues so obviously he knows what's going in there inside out.

Looks like it's doomsday for the group in terms of media exposure, better switch to other networks while they can.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Just In: Apparently another love struck member in the form of Laney will be a fallen angel again soon. Laney's fans are still in denial and defending that these are all fake news coz its Death SSK time.

My take: Unless this was taken before her becoming a kks/member or HHE allow these kind of chekis or deep fake is that good to produce these photos, pics and actions don't lie. The same fate will happen again like what we have witnessed with the last 3 sayonara member incident. It's a no brainer.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  19. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    Did Yssa also had a bf issue? I know Rans, Lei and Rowee had bf issues.

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

None, no bf issues came out. Afaik and as I already mentioned before Yssa is the exception out of them who will not join 3rd GE.

For whatever reasons, we don't know perhaps with her it was really just personal.