1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Seventeen have an obvious bias towards nao in comparison. Seventeen isn’t worth Kubo’s time regardless of their circulation numbers. Kubo would do so well with mags like vivi cancam (to an extent) and bis. hell even Larme

2. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

imo the opportunity to be an exclusive model is such a comparatively rare thing for an idol that being picky about what mag she's in is kind of looking a gift horse in the mouth

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    because nao has the typical stylish/commercial face. while kubo, remember the viral dead mom in anime look on twitter? im pretty sure most of them are male fans.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    you clearly have never seen kubo’s seventeen photoshoots then. she has even more of a stylish/commercial face than nao who I find to be a bland model.

5. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Seventeen is a rather big magazine and it has the models that are being heavily pushed by other big agencies, so it is quite understandable that kubo isn't being pushed that much compare to other models in the magazine. To me, even Seventeen is just a platform that she can build up connections with other top model/actress in the industry will be good and helpful for her.

However, the magazine sometimes puts kubo's name wrong (wrong kanji) in different cases, even in the magazine, though I know it wouldn't be on purpose, it still annoys me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

The Circumstances is different with Kosakana and Kubo .
    Kosaka is the face Of Hinatazaka while Kubo is Nogi's 7th or 8th or in 3rd gen She's 3rd or 4th depends on the situation.

It also didnt help Kubo that when she enters Seventeen , A lot big names celebs is still there like Hirose Suzu, Nagano Mei and lately even Kaya kiyohara is ahead of her in the order.

8. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    it should not be like that at all. Hina for example is with JJ who have good circulation numbers and isn’t necessarily a senbatsu member consistently however she still gets good spreads. Seventeen is oversaturated and are too obvious. Nao won’t remain as hinata’s supposed face for long so what are seventeen gonna do in the long run. Moreover Nogizaka>Hinatazaka. That’s how cancam behave when it comes to the new additions of Mizuki and Katoshi. Katoshi is even more reputable as a model for fashion magazines than Zukki (appeared on bis & Ray several times along with JJ etc.)

9. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

at this point I think it's clear you're speaking more with bias than with any actual coherent argument

and I say that as someone who likes Kubo a lot, she's probably one of my top 5.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Once again I say I understand the dissatisfaction, as I also feel the same. But I encourage everyone to be patient regarding this. We don't know what happened exactly. It may even not be just about Kubochan. Let me raise you another prompt: Seventeen never feature any Nogi girls (except Kubochan ofc). Zero appearances until now, if we discount article about Ikuchan's Your Lie in April musical or Maiyan's Sumaho movie (correct me if I am wrong). Compare it to other magazine Nogizaka members work(ed) as model in, like Ray, bis, Cancam, with which feature a lot of Nogi non model members, including 4th gens. I hope both managements can find agreement or something for everyone's best interests.
    And let's not diss other models or members who are working just as hard as Kubochan. Let's stay positive.

Changing the topic, Kubochan appeared as guest for the first time in Maichun's radio show Nogizaka All Night Nippon, April 1st 25:00 JST (actually April 2nd). Just right when the financial year shifts, Kubochan's first work outside the curfew.
    EUh2je2UEAIsJBS.jpeg EUh4vdoU8AAxCys.jpeg EUiflkFUcAAn4K4.jpeg
    She started a buzz again. This time it's because she talked about Mikasa bag that was a fad among Miyagi's youths back when she lived there. The word 'ミカサバッグ' (Mikasa bag) trended on Twitter last night, prompting the official Twitter account of Mikasa to tweet these:
    https://twitter.com/mikasaindustry/status/1245441682021036033
    "Mikasa bag... Kubo Shiori-san... Thank you... Thank you...(( _ _ ))..zzzZZ"
    and
    https://twitter.com/mikasaindustry/status/1245519289857146880
    "Nogizaka management-sama, Kubo Shiori-san's officials, the production of Mikasa bag original version upon request is possible. Please feel free to inquire."

A possibility of collaborative goods? If Nogi management follow this up, maybe.

On a different note, the website of Japanese Red Cross blood donation campaign 2020 has been renewed to feature the new Nogi image characters (Asuka, Kubochan, Sakura, Ume, Kakki). Check it out here: https://www.min-ketsu.jp/

Not only that, apparently Kubochan is also appointed by Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare for Hepatitis testing campaign with Captain Manatsu
    EUlW2b8UYAos-MC.jpeg
    Check out their original size poster here: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/kenkou/kekkaku-kansenshou09/poster.html

Added scans from ENTAME in gallery

• Like Like x 9
  11. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Not a bias. If these girls were full time models okay maybe but they’re idols playing as models. There shouldn’t be such a difference in coverage

12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I don't know how they promote girls in magazines but imo they will push who they think the fans/gp will buy. I myself can't be satisfied but what to do? In Nogizaka too I know the idol thing and how it works but a the same time I can't quite understand it or don't want to, idk. I feel as if for Kubo this could be her time or it will just remain as it is. I'm not keeping my hopes high but I'm still waiting. Anything that goes her way I'll be very happy for her. I have faith in Kubo if presented the opportunity she will rise to the occasion. Like eternalord said, let's stay positive.

Since Hinata is mentioned. I like them as a group and things are doing great I suppose. But I'm a bit worried. Yes, it's about Nao. We'll see next single if a change will happen.

Back to Kubochan. What I like about music shows like FNS, Music Fair, etc is the chance to see the girls perform other songs live. The latest Kubo participated in is at Utacon with Kaz and Kaki (whom I want Kubo to work with more in the future). And I keep an eye for these since I know Kubo is often included, I actually watch her more than Ikuchan. But I wish Ikuchan was part of this for extra punch instead of performing with that blonde fool beastie. Anyway, they all look gorgeous in this performance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I really love this performance. Every time I am grateful to Utacon since Kubochan is given chance to show her worth in unit song performances like this one. I love how here they did several harmonization, with Kubochan handling the top voice. Although there's no solo part, we can still hear all three voices. And singing this song as tribute to Maiyan is kinda emotional and a bonus point by itself.

This performance will be one of my most replayed, along with Saraba Siberia Tetsudou (Ikuchan, Misasen, Kubochan/2018)

• Like Like x 1
  14. NyanNyan's Pet

Just stopped by since it's been fairly quiet here for a while now:

It does seem like these three have been together more often lately. And I love it . . .
    [​IMG]

The '01 Generation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    YEY!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :fear:
    It's nice to know Kubo hanging out with current and graduate members. Guess this time one senpai will finally have the chance to go out with her for dinner.
    [​IMG]
    When I started following Nogizaka she's one member that got me searching for any Nogi content (even though it was by mistake [hehe])
    Congratulations on your graduation Sayunyan :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blitz Comet

Blitz Comet Kenkyuusei

I fully support a photobook release.

16. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    +1 for the photobook

17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    [oversize image]

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

[​IMG]
    Shichan's blog
    Didn't notice those were someone's legs :^^;:
    [​IMG]
    :blush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Seventeen

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Kubochan's blog

Featuring her forehead:
    [​IMG]

P.S.: Is it just me or the font used in this blog is really small?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NyanNyan's Pet

It's really small on my PC. I thought something's wrong with my browser. Need to zoom it to 300 :^^;:
    But I couldn't finish reading it since I need to rush to the office, on my phone font was fine or maybe they fix it?