1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Music style you would like Nogizaka to follow?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by SteCola, Apr 6, 2020.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think Nogizaka needs to try something different but mantaining its style.
    What would be a nice direction Nogizaka needs to follow for you?
    I think they lack in edm/dance music recently, and watching this Perfume song I though: THAT'S the style Nogizaka would suit perfectly: classy outfits, sweet song, artistic and elegant music video. That's something different but still perfect for Nogizaka image to me. I would love to see something similar from the group.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Takeda Shigen Ringo

Takeda Shigen Ringo Member

Really want to see a single of Nogizaka backs with Inochi wa utsukushii or Seifuku no Mannequin style.
    I miss those cool A-side songs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

4. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    easy one for me, early 2000's alt rock
    preferably something like LP during meteora era

5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Cool thread! :)

There are many things I'd like to see Nogizaka46 try. I love and listen to many styles of music (pretty much everything except country and reggae). Some ideas:

- I am most of all a metalhead, so I would like to see another proper made metal influenced song. Not a Babymetal copy or something poorly produced. A song like Nichijou did it already very well. Although not a pure metal song, many hints of Scandinavian melodic metal can be heard, but it still maintains that Nogi sound. I like to hear more of that, absolutely.
    - A 10 minute epic. A musical journey with many different passages, mood swings and a story to tell.
    - Electronic music. Speaking of perfume, I'm not really into the song @SteCola posted, but I like their more darker sound.
    - Trap? Why not. I think they can easily fuse some within Nogi's style, just like they injected brostep and Electro.
    - Hiphop influenced pop. Like MJ did during his Dangerous period. Sing Out! has a rhythm resembling those old school hiphop beats, but it can only be heard properly in the outro. And that's too short!
    - Klezmer? Or just anything you wouldn't expect. Nogi did ska before and that turned out well.

Lots of wishes, but it's not because I am fed up with their current style, just curious to see how things will work out.

Most important thing though is they keep being Nogizaka46. I listen to 100's of artists, but Nogi is my favorite group for years now, even though I like far from every song. There are just so many highlights in their discography.
    So whatever experiments or music style they are going to do, as long as there is that Nogi magic, they can't really do anything wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Progres...

Well, for starter from me i guess Madchester ala the stone roses, especially following the structure of i am the resurrection, first-half verse and chorus then bang the full instrumentation in the 2nd half where nogi basically will just dancing madly but also gracefully through the end.

sound familiar?

but the cue for jangle pop probably already more than enough for nogi, then how about the take of neo-psychedelia which is shoegaze. i'd stumbled on one chika idols and i think the idea is intriguing enough to explore it as unit song.

dream pop often used interchangeably with shoegaze, but in the subset the former is less heavier but ethereal--while also could be darker. could be an aesthetic for under song.

--well i could carried away by this. put a brake.

o yeah im basically anti trap. so that one just nay.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Btw, idols are already doing trap so it's not like it would be weird.

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I think nobody says it weird. just preference.
    to say Chika idols usually have more freedom injected far weirder thing into their stuff, even alien thing like noise music, trap basically mainstream choice (just say kpop for example, it's like everywhere).

9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I don't really see Nogizaka release trap singles.
    Rock would be ok as long as Nogi mantains its image.
    If it becomes something like "Garasu wo Ware!" would be like a Keya attemp.

10. Rororz2

Rororz2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Suzuki Ayane, Hayashi Runa
    Twitter:
    rodrigorojas36
    They have fresh meat now so imo it's not going to be completely weird if they try a new version of garasu wo ware in a b-side for example.
    If they try songs like some BiSH type it would be cool imo.

11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I love to hear Nogi song with raw and pure band+orchestra music, with a faster tempo than the previous one, something like Korogatta tempo. Or, having A-side that is fully acoustic. More importantly, I hope the arranger doesn't use that standard/generic drum sound sample and tempo.

As for coupling or Under song, lately, I listen to Jazz Bar by Dreamcatcher a lot. So, if Nogi can try a similar music style, that would be great. Here is Jazz Bar, btw.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Jazz would be nice to hear with Nogi.
    Oh and another type of single I would like to listen is a "Sakura no Shiori" type. Like a real orchestra. Which is a perfect type of single for Nogizaka but still missing.