1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka Under Construction (2015/04/19 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Apr 13, 2015.

1. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I'm all in for seeing Ikuta trying to cook again.

2. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Yep, 46G takes a very different take on this compared to 48G

so no ShowRoom from home or Zoom or anything...

makes me sad...

(if not for mobame)

3. Aas

Aas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria
    Thanks to Bananaman, Maiyan & Asuka scene, and Ikuta story (Last week) so in this theme is still funny

I agree with some people above that NogiDoko and old Koujichuu > nowadays's Nogichuu, since a lot of talkative members has gone (Yuri, Noujo, etc), Kazumin & Matsumura holding themself and for me when there are no other 2nd generation members make me feel bored

I often rewatch NogiDoko, and for Koujichuu, mostly are from 2015-2017 episodes, still funny even you watch it again and again

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's hard but it's not impossible. All the necessary equipment can be send to their homes, and there is plenty time for the members to learn how to operate things. And otherwise they could set up a mini studio somewhere, where the people involved can work from a safe distance?

I'm sure that's all very expensive and the quality wouldn't be as high as possible, but definitely not impossible and perhaps worth it if this situation continues for months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    the reason why they didn't make any new episode right now is to not have multiple people gather in the same room at the same time for a long period of time, so setting up a place where there's gonna be multiple people gathering in the same room at the same time is sort of missing the point altogether.
    first of all, the number of equipment require to record just a decent quality video is not exactly small (camera, microphone, tripod, lighting etc.), sending it to the homes of 40+ member is a logistical nightmare (and we don't even know if there are members who went back to their home prefecture right now), plus we don't know if the member have enough space to set up all of the equipment. the problem pretty much double if you involved streaming because there are variable that cannot be controlled by the producers, is the internet connection stable enough, do the member have a powerful enough PC/laptop, can they set up the stream, etc. so many factor that the producer of the show cannot control.
    and then we get to the problem of the members operating the whole thing. yes, you can teach them to operate the equipment, but it won't be effective because they can't teach the members directly thanks to the current situation. and even if you can teach the members the basic, there are still stuff that you can't teach like lighting, focus, and sound. remember, the members doesn't live in the same environment, which mean each member will require a different setup from each other.
    i can tell you one big reason why its not worth it, you don't have to make it, you only have to watch it.
    other reason why its not worth it, first of all its a logistical nightmare. you already touch on this, its expensive for something with worst quality, that in itself is enough reason to not make it, why bother making something that is not up to standard and cost a lot of money while for a lot less money, you can make something that at least decent in quality from your back catalog. and finally, there are too many variable that cannot be control by the producers to justify making it and not just waste everybody's time, because remember, its not only the members that have to work from home, all of the staff also have to work from home.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    That's why I said, create an environment in which you don't need to get close to each other. If that means just one member at a time, then it is one member at a time.

I certainly realize there are a lot of hardships to overcome, but saying "it's impossible" or "it's not worth it" beforehand never results into something good. Creativity can get you really far, and we need to think about possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    48G have been doing that for weeks (AKB, NMB and HKT especially)
    and through multiple platforms
    - SR and NicoNico are traditional and to be expected
    (48G ShowRooms from home is pretty much almost routine. Whereas, you never see personal 46G SR unless its for audition)
    - but YouTube in particular was new to 48G despite how pervasive and old YT is as a platform

I think its just 46G and Sony's culture with it (which I don't agree with btw)
    Another reason why you don't see 46G members with their own personal Twitter, IG, TikTok or whatever except for product promotions

Though with how large gatherings are to be banned for the foreseeable future, I am keen to see them evolve this as they will have to financially
    Either that or they have enough capital to absorb the void or they have contract limitations that prevents them from doing it

It's going to be a big step (or a chasm) for them to do so

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    this is exactly what i mean by "you only have to watch the show, you don't have to make the show"
    let's start with your 1st point. ok, let's film one member at a time, do you know how many people needed to film 1 member? here's a hint, its not 1 staff. you need at the very least 6 other people to properly film 1 member, and that's with a couple of people doing more than one job, which is not effective. remember, its not only members that present during a shoot, there are also the staff as well.

let's go to your second point. Nogizaka Koujichuu is a television show, which mean its a content of a television network, in this case TV Tokyo. and the thing about television network is, the have a standard for their content (TV Shows) (yes plural, TV Tokyo doesn't only air the Sakamichi Shows). if we were talking about streaming services like Youtube, Showroom, or Abema, then yeah, go for it, make whatever you want, all of the thing that you suggested can probably be done in some way using the members phone, in fact

if the video does not show watch the video here
    other idols already did. that video is just a lightly edited Zoom meeting of Wasuta member playing Werewolf. and its fine, for that platform. online streaming service doesn't have quality control, you can make whatever you want, with whatever quality and nobody's going to say "the quality isn't up to standard, take it down".
    but going back to television, it has quality control, not everything that have been made for TV actually aired on TV that you can watch.
    Nogichuu is a part of a bigger system, every episode of Nogichuu doesn't just get randomly aired as they wish, it has to go to a quality control team higher up in the company, they decided if a show or an episode is worth airing, if they said its worth it, then it got aired, if they said no, best case scenario, you only need to edit a few part, worst case scenario, you just wasted everybody's time, into the bin goes an entire episode, which has happen before by the way.
    also, you did say that doing all the thing that you suggested will be expensive and it won't have the usual quality, well where do you think they will get the budget to do it? TV Tokyo
    to have an idea or a concept be realize to be a product (a show), a producer have to present that concept to a board higher up in the company, the presentation include how much it will cost to actually make the show, how many crew, how many equipment, the lot. only if the board said the concept is worth it and accepted it, then the show can start production.
    what do you think the board going to say when the producers of Nogichuu goes up to them (which they cannot do thanks to the situation) and suggest a very complicated project with a logistical nightmare and a very high budget, but the output won't be in the quality standard of the TV network? my guess is that they will tell the producers to F**k off.

yes, creativity can get you very far, but at the end of the day, TV is a business, and if the people with money said its not worth it, then its not going to happen

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @delta29 They need to have a flexible approach. You really don't need 6 people to shoot an item. Sure, 6 will be better than 1, but it's really not necessary. There are many content creators that work alone and manage to create professional looking content that is in no way a decline in quality. Especially when you consider that many Japanese shows, Nogichuu included, is quite sloppy. Staff members are very often on camera as well. That might not be a big deal in Japan, but in the Netherlands for example, there will be quite a buzz if even a mic is accidentally on screen for a few seconds.

So yeah, flexibility. This situation is extremely rare and in order to deal with it, we need to change our ways. For a TV network, that might mean they have to re-evaluate their standards. Reinvent production methods in a way that doesn't increase the budget to inappropriate levels. I perfectly understand your explanation and all that comes with it, but if they want to stick to the ways of old, nothing will happen. And I am also realistic, thinking that nothing will happen, because it's Japan. But one can always hope, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    ^ for sake of arguement, the response to @delta29 last post is going to be "adapt or die"

Corona-chan is (hopefully) a once in a generation event which is going to change a lot of things
    And many practices will be regarded as 'old' once we see the end of it
    (more so if an effective, consistent and easily mass produced vaccine is NOT found. some promising news but we are yonks away)

Whether Sony, Nogi LLC and Seed&Flower can see this coming or not
    The "idol you can meet" concept is under threat and you'd have to "adapt or die"
    A rather familiar concept in Japanese Hx
    Pragmatic as they are, history shown that they choose to adapt
    And I hope that they do
    Nogi, Hinata (and Keyaki) have done a lot to get to where they are

Lest you end up with something like this: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/04/17/business/corporate-business/airlines-continue-flying/

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    ok, before i share my main point, i want to give a little comment on this.
    these 1 man content creator are some of the most stoic people on the internet, the amount of time they spent in making those professional looking content are absurd sometimes, so all the respect to them. but unfortunately, it cannot be applied to TV production because its a completely different type of content. it can be applied for something like a TV documentary or TV drama (actually there are a lot of very good self made mini documentary on youtube), but definitely not a TV show. the 6 people i mention are actually the most bare minimum people needed to make the most simple task. you have 1 director, 1 sound man, 3 camera man (for the 3 angle) and 1 assistant director (which i guess is optional). for reference, Namadoru (sayurin and Kana web show on Nico Nico) that probably require something like 5 people, 1 director, 1 audioman, 2 cameraman and a stream technician (i'm only guessing here, there's probably more), and its not even a TV show, its a web show.

anyway, going back to television network and how the industry can change/adapt to current situation (or just change in general)
    honestly, speaking as someone who has been working at a TV network for a year, its very very unlikely. i don't know if its because my country (Indonesia) has some of the most busted TV network companies (yes plural) in the world, or is it because the industry itself isn't very flexible. the main problem is not the creative people making the shows, not at all, there are a lot of great creative mind around. the problem is the people on top, the people with the money. as i say, at the end of the day, its a business, if something is not profitable, then it will not happen. they hate change, because they don't know if it will bring them more profit or not, which is why the television industry haven't really change within the last 10-20 years. i don't really think that the current situation will help in changing the industry, because they still have the back catalog to work with (which is what most TV network are doing right now). the only way i see the TV industry change is that if all the creative people suddenly switch over to making content for online streaming services, and more people are watching streaming services, only then i can see the television industry making drastic changes.
    which is why, i never really waste my creative side during crew meeting, rather i use my creative side to create content for Youtube, mini series, music video or just a simple vlog

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I agree that's very unlikely that the whole industry will change, but as @theobserver also pointed out, it's adapt or die. Especially if we are stuck in this situation for a long time. The flexible companies are more likely to survive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I agree with @theobserver , it's adapt or die. I'm afraid that because people on top doesn't want to adapt, they will let this show die. But letting this show die doesn't sound like a good choice either, isn't it?
    I hope people on top will adapt to the current circumstance and keep the show running :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Does anyone know what music they're playing during "Resolving Resentments"? The smooth guitar and drum music when the members are telling their story.

15. MatchesMalone5

MatchesMalone5 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Everyone
    Have you tried using "shazam" it might detect it.I can't use it right now because the episode and the application both are on my phone.

16. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    It doesn't recognize it, they're talking too much. Guess I'm out of luck.

17. MatchesMalone5

MatchesMalone5 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Everyone
    Immediate music - hazed and confused
    Search on yt.Its a 49 sec track

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    So Shitara's Koujichuu was just a compilation of some of his favourite moments with no commentary or anything else, I hoped something better.

According to Shitara's taste, Guam is definetely his favourite moment (it will be on part 2 next week too). Notice that despite on Koujichuu we have 3rd and 4th gen members too, we haven't seen them at all in his favourite moments, that tells a lot.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shitara Chuu tonight

Wow brings back the feels. So nice to see old but familiar faces
    Ikoma, Waka, Nanamin, Himetan, etc...
    and That legendary Waka robot scene :rofl:
    (Hoshino looks like she has not aged even a day)

Next, Guam. Ya....too much good stuff there

I still can't really get the hypnotism episode after all this while lolz

20. Takeda Shigen Ringo

Takeda Shigen Ringo Member

This week without Nogichuu, I feel so empty :(.
    Next week still a re-cap episode but from Himura, I don't even know Bananaman selected them or the staff selected for them or not?
    Corona-chan, you have ruined my Sunday's joyful happiness!!! :cry:

• Agree Agree x 2