1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She wants to reach 1 million subscribers, but has a long way to go, so she made a series of short commercials asking you to subscribe to her channel. (チャンネル).

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  2. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    She is so amazing she uploads a video everyday and hearts every comments. Hope she collaborates with yuihan soon.

3. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    How do you learn to eat foods you don't like?

it's her ever hated coriander: can she do it?

P.S. This is personal for me. My sister is Paruru's soul sister; she describes food with coriander as "eating dirt."

And from my YT suggestions: a 30 minute history in Thai.

"Shimazaki Haruka or Paruru, another AKB48 member who has a unique story about salt. The handshake event would not be very indifferent to the fans. But it became AKB48's top, believing Paru to be a role model for members who didn't dance well, singing badly, but finding a way (or naturalness) to stand out from the crowd."

And more.
    She is updating her Weibo account every day. She has a new friend, a Weibo doll.

00884MVJgy1gf4s5aa9htj31ey1nr4qp.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/u/7448414747

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    I enjoyed the documentary video there.

I kind of wonder on her YouTube channel who the staff-san are. Seems to be at least 2 of them. Think from her agency? Is she still even with Big Apple?

5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WeRiseOrFall

WeRiseOrFall Kenkyuusei

looking at the description, the channel seems to be handled by a small agency called Blowout, so maybe the YouTube staff-san is from there. The CEO used to work at Google.
    Her fanclub is run by a company called Skiyaki.
    no info on Big Apple and their GeoCities website is gone too :^^;:

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More Urashima Taro

• Like Like x 1
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Oreo Cheese Cake

This one was a real mystery for me. The ingredient list (at 0:49) shows Oreos, cream cheese, and fresh cream (生クリーム). When she gets to the fresh cream in the recipe, she squeezes it out of a tube (???). It turns out the 生クリーム means whipping cream, which would still come in a small carton. What is this squeeze stuff she is using? By looking at google images, I found a package that looked like what she had at 3:57, but it said デザートホイップ - dessert whip. Aha! It is already whipped cream (or fake whipped cream) in a squeezable bottle. It it made by meiji, and is made from vegetable oil, not cream. It seems to be similar to Cool Whip, which comes in a tub and needs to be spooned out.

4902705094710_product.jpg
    https://www.meiji.co.jp/products/cream/4902705094710.html

other picture showing the squeezable bottle.

hoipe_1.jpg

Also, Oreos in Japan don't separate easily, or she just has bad technique. You should be able to separate the cookies to get to the filling without breaking the cookies.

And finally, on with the show.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

When creating a video it does not mean that it is real or if it is real.:whistle:

Who knows, who knows, it could be that...? :hehe:

10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Doing things she doesn't like, including a handshake.

"This time, I tried to do the opposite of what I usually do by situation! I don't like morning either, and I hate coffee!"

• Like Like x 2
  11. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Missed me that it had changed, is Paruru [hehe]

12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Is it true that Paruru didn't like handshake events when she was in AKB48?

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There is an expression that became famous because of her handshakes: 塩対応 しおたいおう (shotaiou from salt)
    Jisho:
    cold reception; unwelcoming treatment (Colloquialism)

This is the opposite of 神対応 かみたいおう (kamitaiyou from god)
    incredible response (celebrity dealing with fans)

While there have been a number of members famous for their godlike handshakes, the term salty handshakes is most often associated with Paruru.

Here is an article about it (note: that in other contexts, taiyou means correspondence in the sense of equivalence, so you often see "salt correspondence" when the meaning in this context is response, reception).

""Salt correspondence" is read as " Shiotai Ou ". The meaning of "corresponding to salt" is "a cold and unfriendly manner of contact ." For example, it is an idol handshake event that is often used. At the handshake event, some people are kind and friendly to the fans shaking hands, and some idols are cold-hearted.

By the way, the reason why the word "salt correspondence" has spread to the world is that the former AKB48 member "Paruru" Haruka Shimazaki's fanatic handshaking party fans. The word "salt correspondence" came to be used because the fans said "salt correspondence" for dealing with too cold. It is said that "salt = salty" implies "an attitude of licking people".

https://eigobu.jp/magazine/shiotaiou-joshi#heading-254664

Translation note: nameru 舐める means to lick, but also
    to look down on (someone); to make fun of; to put down; to treat with contempt; to underestimate

My take on it: People who went to her lane often felt that she was looking down on them, but I think it was more just indifference (or shyness). There even was Mechaike episode around the time of Eien Pressure when they showed a handshake backstage so you could see the godly and the salty, and also her getting lessons on how to be godly. I think it only worked one time.

Edit: the show is 121201 Mechaike SP (AKB48). The English subbed version has been removed from DM, but you can still find the Indonesian and Arabic subbed versions.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. WeRiseOrFall

WeRiseOrFall Kenkyuusei

I'm still amazed that people literally created a new word to describe her AND it became a word of the year :lol:
    And that she became eligible as Silver YouTuber in one month (will she show us the plaque like Yukirin?)

I thought this is for offering her jobs, if you're a movie producer or something

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Back in April 2016 I had a ticket for Paruru at a 2-shot event in Yokohama. Whereas all the other members sat at tables for the photos, Paruru sat behind a low barrier. Fans weren’t allowed to speak to her and the only pose you were allowed to do with her was a peace sign. In spite of that I was looking forward to having a photo with her but sadly I never got that - at the start of the slot for which I had a ticket, fans in the queue for her were informed that she’d left because she was unwell. While I don’t want to suggest that she wasn’t unwell that day, she did have something of a reputation for non-attendance at 2-shot and HS events.

In spite of that my feelings towards her have remained generally positive over the years. I did get the signed PB from her at the end of last year and I always enjoy watching her daily videos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One hour of watching her draw.

Added to follow up on David61's comment about April 2016. We know she had health issues in the fall of 2015. Here she is at the Japan Record Awards on 12/30/2015. You can see the slippers she was wearing instead of regular shoes (and she didn't perform in Flying Get at the same show). Whether being behind a barrier in April was about protecting her foot, I don't know.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Fun fact to follow up on David61 and sscrla's comments I was at Yokohama April 2016 had a ton of tickets for her and used them all. That year I may have just went on like a Saturday and didn't have any for Sunday as I planned ahead and didn't want to travel 2 days in a row from Tokyo to Yokohama. David got unlucky it seems.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    So it was your fault! You wore her out the first day so she was too tired to continue the second day. ;)

More seriously, did you find her "salty"? How would you describe your multiple handshake interactions?

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Indeed you were lucky! I've just checked my records and event I attended was on 2016/03/21 so it was actually an earlier date in March when I went. Anyway I was able to re-use my Paruru ticket for Hirari who graduated not long afterwards so I did have some luck perhaps.

I've found a tweet posted a couple of years ago from a Japanese fan with the username @achan_prize which includes 2-shots with Paruru from different years so it's possible to compare how things changed (although of course tighter security after the Iwate Incident meant that tables were used from 2015, or the barrier thing with Paruru):
    https://twitter.com/achan_prize/status/979684550086291456

2014:
    DZiDU_dVoAAnBLm.jpg

2015:
    DZiDU_ZVwAAdNLI.jpg

2016:
    DZiDU_eUQAYW7hd.jpg

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Going back to page 872, here is David61 at the time:
    "Paruru sadly left the party early today at the 2-shot and those of us with tickets for her for slot 6 were told we could use them for other members. Unfortunately my Japanese wasn't good enough to understand the reason given but I assume it was ill health."

That post was followed by a link to the official announcement:
    "AKB48 Haruka Shimazaki is in poor physical condition at today's "0 to 1" theater board release photo event held at Pacifico Yokohama today (March 21, 2016), so today's "Haruka Shimazaki" The photo session of "Part 6 and Part 7" will be canceled."
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12141572078.html

• Informative Informative x 2