1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Ohta Pro, your time is now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A few days ago I posted on Yukirin's thread a video of an Instagram live which she had with Umemura Hinako, the drummer from SILENT SIREN. According to an article published today by ENTAMEGA, Umemura asked Yukirin about Mayu:
    https://entamega.com/40843

Her reply was "仲が良すぎるとわざわざ報告もしないし連絡もしない。まゆは昔からそういう関係" which Google is translating as "I don't bother to report or contact when I'm too close. Mayu has always been such a relationship." Umemura's reply was simply "そっか" which is "sokka", a colloquial form of "sou desu ka" meaning "is that so?".

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    If Yukirin do tell where Mayuyu is while Mayuyu herself won't, then I would begin to get seriously concerned about their friendship.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

For the last time, she is a dachshund, not a giraffe!

5. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

The sister (I guess) of an old hardcore Mayu fan who died many years ago abused the guy's twitter account to ask her where she is. "my dead bro would be worried" like f off. D:

She probably has her reasons if she disappeared by her own will. What people could/should do is send her supportive mails.

And maybe short guides on how to find the exist of manga shops. For all we know she's been reading all of them and lost track of time!

6. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    regardless, with how much potential income she is losing by the day being inactive, its probably safe to assume that she had settled with somebody stable who can aptly provide, less she becomes yet another youtuber

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 7
  8. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

The thing I don't want to happen the most happened... People often say health reasons are mainly a way of excuse, but in this case I'm really worry. Mayu had great opportunity as she joined in Asadora and did great, but I wonder what happened after that. She gradually retire from jobs and even close her fan club. Some rumor/people saying she found someone she love and want to devote to it, while it sounds untrue to me since I don't think she would be the type to devote that much to love, it's still better than Mayu is facing some serious health issues, physical or mental.

9. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    omg is this true? Mayu has such a bright future in entertainment. She really has it all too (singing, acting, variety, dancing, etc...)

I really hope she is ok tho. Health reasons can mean so many things for idols, but I seriously hope she is well. I know Yukirin is so close to her, but she was really vague talking about Mayu and that was worrying enough.

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From Ogi pro's website:
    http://ogipro.com/news/info20200601mw/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

I'M SO SAD T__T

Mayuyu was/is a true idol legend and the role model for so many idols in the AKB and even Sakamichi world, past and current. The fact that she's retiring hits me more than back when she graduated because this means she'll be gone from the public forever. How can this be?! No matter how I look at it, this girl was simply born for the entertainment world, maybe more so for idol life than acting but she has so much diverse talent and charm and could've been a very promising actress (loved her in Juliet in the Rain). I was really looking forward to seeing her in a new work.

Well, upside is she's still so young and can thrive in another career or just live off from the hefty savings from her AKB glory days and build a family. I hope she recovers well and finds something else she's passionate in.

Happy retirement, and we will miss you, Mayuyu :(
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. charm

charm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    I had a feeling this might happen and yet at the same time I refuse to believe it.
    I started following idols in general back in 2017. I started by watching akbingo and while my oshi then was takamina, mayu was such an interesting girl to me. She announced her graduation soon at the ssk and she was the first idol that i witnessed her graduation. It hurt.
    I was really worried when there was no news of her post new year and i could do nothing but hope for the best.
    I guess it's inevitable, but a part of me doesn't want to accept it. But mayu has been in the industry since a very young age, and I understand her wish to retire.
    Thank you, Mayuyu.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ShadShadow

ShadShadow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    横山由依
    To be honest, Mayuyu was only in my Top 5 but I still feel like I lost a relative today ><

14. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Already when she graduate I was wondering how this would end. She was a perfect idol, kawaii, childish and so on, but how much of this could she have benifits of outside the idol world? Not so much, the entertainment world have other demands. Acting skills for example. I wasn't following her so much but wasn't she in a theater production before she graduate and it wasn't a success? If she was dissatisfied with the jobs her agency gave her it might have been she didn't get any other offers. Everyone who change their path will not come out undamaged.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    This really hit the hardest, This gotta be the worst year I ever experience.
    Mayuyu's career is really bright in entertainment industry but alas nobody know how our health gonna be after all isn't?

She's the role model I've been through for the past 8 years of my teenage years. She's my YOUTH after all.
    It's really sad to hear this, it's like I lost a piece of my youth.

I still remember watching 2017 SSK and shocked when she announce her graduation but still, deep down I know that this is for her own good.
    She can't stay in AKB48 forever. But for retire in showbiz it's different matter.

I hope you're doing well Mayu!
    Thanks for everything that you've done to me who made me who I am today
    I've survived my youth looking at you as a role model, now that I'm an adult I try my best to do everything right

Once again, sayonara..
    Thanks for everything

• Like Like x 3
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    She was with Production Ogi, the same agency as Takamina, Nyan-nyan and Miichan, that's not a very big agency and Mayuyu must have been one of their biggest assets, and they alway seemed to be pretty efficient, so I don't think it's the agency.
    Furthermore Mayuyu is giving health problems as the reason

17. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It sure could be health problems but that can also be an excusion, we don't know. Regarding her agency, if the agency don't get any good offers and all their requests meet: No, thank you, what can they do? This is only my speculation but becuse of her lack of works I'm wondering.

18. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

As she and her agency said, don't assume on her reasons to retire, we should respect Mayu wish, even I understand why people are doing it since it's a big shock. For another idol/entertainer/celebrity, health issues are common excuse, but for Mayuyu, at least to me, is a serious, hard worker, at the point along these years she has always work despite how tired/sick she was, studying script while having intravenous drip so I believe in this reason. This made me more worry about her when THAT Mayuyu retired for health issues.
    About her works, I dont think she have little offer, since right before her sudden disappearance, she was casted in NHK Asadora, which is a big thing.

19. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

So sorry to read that Mayu is having to retire for health reasons. I wish her well for the future.
    One of her biggest fans, Mikurin, posted this:-

さんのニュースを見てびっくりです…。 昔から沢山なこみくって可愛がって下さった先輩…本当に優しくして下さり今でも、大切に写真をもっています
    麻友ちゃんがゆっくり休めますように…大好きです!!
    I'm surprised to see your news ...
    Seniors who have been loving a lot from old days ... You're really kind, and I still keep my photos carefully.
    May Mayu take a good rest ... I love you! !

EZZwNPsU8AIVBs-.jpg EZZwNPuUwAEQ7HZ.jpg EZZwNPtUYAAP0i_.jpg EZZwNPuU0AEGHKx.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/miku_monmon3939/status/1267323726669856769

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    I remember watching this as a joke when Mayu said that she eat anything other than Fruit and vegetables.
    And she said jokingly that "Sometimes maybe I suddenly die"

It was a joke back then, but now... :cry::cry:

UPDATE:
    She just tweet something
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020