1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ your images don't show :O

All in all, nothing we can do. All/most of the will retire eventually, and there'll probably be more following thanks to the asinine "quarantine" bullshit this year.

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm not surprised that she's left her agency after the recent speculation but I'm deeply worried about the fact that she appears to have health issues. She seemed fine when I saw her at Sasshi's gradcon just over a year ago. I hope it's nothing serious and that she can continue to lead a reasonably normal healthy life otherwise and that she can find a good alternative career path. I see that the official AKB48 YouTube channel has put the MV for 11gatsu no Anklet at the top with the first playlist set of videos being the MVs from the A-sides which she centered. NHK World has a news article on its website:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200601_22/

Mikurin tweeted a tribute to her in which she said she was suprised to hear the news and she hoped Mayu would take a good rest:
    https://twitter.com/miku_monmon3939/status/1267323726669856769

mima.jpg

I hope we get some better news soon but I guess that may not hear anything more for a long time. :(

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Health is such a broad concept though.
    It could be er taking care of herself during pregnancy, or it could be burnout like Jurina experienced and se feels like she's ad enough of the industry.

In any case, all the best for her.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Oricon News article including video:
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2163455/full/

Google translation:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    First and foremost, really wish Mayuyu to recover from her health issue.

It is indeed very shocking news to see her retire from the entertainment industry altogether. I hope (and it would be really nice if) Mayuyu can make an exception to a one-off appearance for Yukirin's graduation stage and concert.

Anyway, wish her all the best for her future.

6. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    This was shocking. she was one of the first member that I liked when I accidentally discovered AKB48.

I wish her all the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    A few minutes ago I was just thinking about how Mayu has disappeared and how I havent seen anything about her recently. So i go to her discussion page and find out this news of her retiring from the entertainment industry.... feels bad man I am so sad :cry: Good bye mayuyu thank you for all the wonderful years of fun and entertainment you have given us, you truly were the definition of what a perfect idol is

And I hope that whatever health issues she is dealing with will get better in the future and I wish her the best

• Like Like x 1
  8. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It seems that she has removed her Twitter account. I was looking at her last tweet when the account suddenly disappeared.

9. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Can't find her Instagram too.
    It seems like she or her manager or ogipro deleted all of her Social Media

10. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Mayuyu's retirement is shocking, but it is her life to lead, so I respect it. I can only wish for whatever health issues she has that she overcomes them, and as usual, I wish her all the happiness in the world. She was my first oshimen, so this is depressing news.

11. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

I did not expect her twitter and instagram just gone like that... Parts of it maybe because Ogipro hold manage of these accounts, but I don't think normally they would just delete it like that, they can just let their talent hold 100% of that account.
    This unexpectedly hurt me so much that I don't have Mayu account's content saved

12. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Ogipro didn't even let us to breathe a slightest This is wayy too fast for fans to cope up with the reality :(
    I've not yet save a lot of Mayuyu content too since I didn't expect that they would terminate the account

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm so sad :cry: I read the news this morning and I've been sad the whole day...

I remember around the end of 2019, when Mayuyu closed her fanclub, I wrote here that I was worried, because usually celebrities don't close their fanclubs so it was weird... But at that time, Mayuyu had a drama, she had a Cm, she was in Utage, so I thought it's fine and that I shouldn't worry... but then we heard nothing from her for the whole 2020 ._. and now...

Even if we had signs that she might retire but I didn't want to believe it ._. I've been following and supporting Mayuyu since the day I got into AKB and she was always one of my favorite members... it's been 10 years that I know her so it hurts to think that she's retiring, that she has health issues, and that we probably won't see her again... ;_; now even her social media accounts are gone, no more IG and Twitter, it's like they erased what connected us to her T_T it feels so sudden. I'm so sad ._. all these years of being fan... I'll miss her so much ;_;

Most importantly I wish for Mayuyu to have a good health, I hope she can rest well and be healthy... and I wish her all the happiness. Thank you Mayuyu for these many years with us as perfect idol and actress, all the funny and cute moments, all the touching and sweet moments, and I'm really glad that I voted for her in the year where she won elections, it was really a beautiful moment for Mayuyu in her career. I'll always remember and enjoy all the past moments of Mayuyu... Thank you Mayuyu ;_; I love you <3

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    I was trying to reply to her tweet when she deleted her twitter account.All of this is so sad,I think she still has a lot to give to entertainment world but if is for her health and well being we should respect her decision. I always enjoyed her characters in dramas and also her singing.She was one of my fav AKB members... .I wish her the best, that she can be healthy and happy.
    Mayuyu oshis,stay strong <3.

• Like Like x 1
  15. yukizuri

yukizuri Kenkyuusei

Haven't logged in here in like forever but I thought I had to when I heard the news.

Mayu, like some people already said, was a bit like a role model. I've never wanted to do any of the activities she did but I respected her dedication and loved the way she matured over time.
    I wish her the best, it's sad but in a way I'm glad idols can try and have a normal life after their idol life.

I may be mistaken because I haven't watched anything akb related in like 5 years but I believe in one of the documentary, she was asked if she would go in the industry again if she had the opportunity to chose otherwise, and I believe she said no? (once again i may be totally off and mistake her with someone else).
    Anyhow, I wish for her future to be bright; Mayuyu, thank you for everything :1st:

16. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    January: WW3
    February: Covid-19 Start of outbreak
    March: Covid-19 Community Quarantines
    April: Financial Crisis
    May: Riots
    June: Mayu Retiring from Entertainment Industry

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

The mystery has finally been cleared. :cute:

When reading the sad news of Mayuyu, has reminded me of the film Fedora by Billy Wilder and one of the stories form Dolls by Takeshi Kitano. :(

I hope he recovers and that be happy.

18. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Mayuyu :(:(<3 I became a fan of akb after she graduated but I always acknowledge her legacy in the group. Hope she recovers from her health issues, because I still want to hear more from her. I always love listening to her cover the song "Secret Base" on UTAGE.

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For those of you who want to save Mayuyu's content, this page still works and it has all of Mayuyu's past tweets, including photos. I'm not sure for how long this page will work, so make sure to save the photos while you can... I went through the past tweets now and I feel sad ;_; I hope Mayuyu will always be happy <3

I took a screenshot of her final tweet... I'll post it here since her Twitter is gone...

Mayuyu.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
  20. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

• Like Like x 5