1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

And probably his 99th time bringing up that topic in the first place, you'd think by now he'd at least get his concerts straight :fp:

Yeah, I don't doubt that at all; Keyaki's concept, no matter how challenging it was for the girls to pull off or for management to provide songs for, was unbelievably profitable and one of the key things that attracted fans to the group in the first place. But I do think they're going to try to strike a balance moving forward, like blending the dark, heavy stuff with some lighter, bright songs in between. Risa mentioned in her interview earlier this year that she'd like the group to show off different sides rather than sticking to just one thing. That should satisfy a lot of fans' past complaints about the group as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

They have shown, lighter, bright songs, but not as a whole group, but as sub-units (don't these count?). The 2 songs with Koike, Neru, and Ozeki were very cute, the song about that mosquito with Pon and Habu was funny and cute too. Finally there is the fan favorite at concerts (and one of my all-time Keya songs): Aozora ga Chigau, by Aozora to MARRY, which never fails to put a big smile on my face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Now I'm setting myself up for an inevitable disappointment, but here's our favorite...
    "Let's help S&F time"!
    In addition to the new Bingo and 4 singles... some kind of a new TV dorama would be nice, wouldn't it? It's been a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

If this is the case
    https://twitter.com/keyaki46matome/status/1285774342127669248?s=19

Then the name change was already on the table since last year. Yuuka liked to mention new Keyakizaka in interviews since March last year. What we didn't really know was the name change. I really hope this was planned after Hinata's official announcement behind the scenes. Things like this needs to at least be planned 1-2 years in advance before official announcement.

5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    maybe that is why techisus didnot want to stay anymore..no more keya, no more angst teen, no more dark expression, no more weird and fake 21-girls bonding. after connecting all the dots so far, i still couldnot see any shape..this group is too mystery for me!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

How long have you been following this group? There is nothing mysterious about them. They went through something any idol group could go thru. 'fake weird 21 bond?' Really? How well do you know them to come to this conclusion? Trying to connects dots just to get to the shape isn't what needs to be done. It's reasons like yours that caused this spiral! Glad they could move on OMG.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Your theory has holes since 9th single was set to be released as a keyakizaka single during fall last year. 10gatsu pool song was already used as a commercial tie-in + they were done filming the MV for the unders. From how everything turned out, it should be clear that management really dont know what to do with this group without Hirate, hence the name change. So I wouldnt trust them to have had a well-thought plan set up for a hirate-less keyakizaka

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. glsone

glsone Member

Which is pretty surprising since they had like 2 years of her being on again off again to figure something out. And then the plan they finally come up with is "Eh, let's just throw everything away." I've been very lenient towards management in the past but this is really it for me personally.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @mayuri91 Man! I hope you'll never consider a career in investigation because those connected dots are all over the place. But thank you for your post.

Thinking about, Keyaki was not for everyone, and hopefully after rebranding it will remain like that.

I have nothing against new people discovering them, and new fans coming in, and people coming back, you're all welcome here and whereverelse you wanna talk about Keyaki/insert-new-name-here.
    But I'm noticing around that no matter the name, the change, Techi leaving 6 months ago and the girls doing spectacularly without her, the same people who turned out being antis in the past 4 years did not change their ways with this news and will probably not change their ways in the future.
    Perhaps the problem is not the group and I look forward to the next amazing 4 years of our fan life lol
    are you guys ready? I think we all have until 2021 to relax and then new-Keyaki will kick in. (Hopefully very early 2021)

Btw @Rev4 stop creating wrong theories please. It's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last time, but we already have our hands full with the real Keyaki story; there's no need to make up a fake one. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I really wonder what the perma-center thing was about. Techi from SaiMajo to Techi from two years ago looked very different, and as mentioned, during the doomed 9th single senbatsu selection, she looked like she was ready to kill the staff.

Was it an experiment? Was it for the record of nine (excuse me, eight) straight consecutive centered singles? During the span of five years someone else must have grown into a capable, center-worthy member. Last week's live showed that, obviously. Those girls were hungry for the opportunity, ran with it, killed it.

Personally I love Keyaki because its just not about coolness, or seriousness, or teen angst. The dance, lyrics, and music carry meaning. Futari Saison talks about a mutual love that did not bloom at the same time. Sekai Ni Wa is about facing life's challenges. SaiMajo is about speaking out and teaching that silence in the face of wrongdoings is in itself, evil. I can go on and on.

Whatever name they take on I hope they keep some, if not most, of that identity.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. izzy7402

izzy7402 Kenkyuusei

Another lurker coming out to share some thoughts

It's actually sad to see Hirate become swallowed by the very lyrics of the songs she centered. The way she left the group was also very odd, almost as if she was branded just like a black sheep. She hasn't done anything wrong so I'm not sure why management won't let her graduate properly, but I can only guess their response is damage control because their plans of a perma-center went to the drain, and the rest of the group are unfortunate collateral damage.

After digesting it for a week, I'm beginning to look forward for the rest of the girls and what the future lies for them. The entire LIVE was probably the more memorable one for me not because of how different members was able to showcase themselves and how their personality changes the tone of the songs they performed. The last performance(9th single) got me tearing up because of how much emotion and desperation they released into their performance, and the 4 cores/centers really shined holding the group together. It was the first time I noticed Captain Sugai and how sharp her lines are, all this while thinking her ojou chara probably means she's not one of the standout performers.

A question I'd like to pass off to y'all is do you think after the rebranding, they'll be able to from time to time, get the back catalog and perform some Keyaki songs during LIVEs or concerts? Or do you think S&F would seal that chapter for a certain period of time until they have solidly rebuild? (I'm going off of Hinatazaka performing their Hiragana songs during LIVEs,but I understand the circumstances are different) I know its a bit too soon to speculate,but just for the sake of a discussion

• Like Like x 2
  12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Hirate chose to withdraw. She didn't want to graduate. Mgmt couldn't have done anything if that is what she wanted. Techi was a my pace girl from biginning and still is lol. All the blame still fall on their shoulders.

13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Hinatazaka still performs the bigger Hiragana songs like Happy Aura and Kitai shitenai jibun, as well as songs that are there to hype up the crowd like No war in the future and Dare yori mo takaku tobe. I can see Keyaki still perform Abunakkashii Keikaku (because it's also used to hype up crowds), maybe some of their A-sides like Kaze ni fukaretemo or Futari Sezon (especially if the sound of the new group is closer to Futari Sezon). But I think some songs that are very much associated with Hirate, like Silent Majority and Fukyouwaon, won't ever be performed again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Silent Majority is their anthem, and the song that defined Keyakizaka, with or without Techi. Even with a new name, they are not going cute or softie, I expect/hope they will still perform it. Fukyouwaon, not sure.

15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I would say Saimajo is 50/50. It's much bigger than techi, it's the groups anthem and the most popular idol song of our current generation of idols. The Love Machine or Heavy Rotation. So i could definitely see them still performing it. But at the same time, it's quintessentially keyakizaka46, so they could also never perform it again based on that alone. Although i do think they'll still perform it. Fukyouwaon is dead though for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if Koukahu was the last time we'll ever see it performed.
    I'm personally more worried about songs like Eccentric, Hiraishin, and Mou Mori lol... i love those songs and will be devastated if they don't perform them anymore :/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    With the exception of poor W-Keyakizaka no uta which has understandably no chances to be repeated ever again it would make absolutely no sense for no other Keyakizaka song to be excluded from their repertoire... My heart aches for the W-Keyakizaka as I have strong feelings for this song as it holds a special place in my heart. It's a blessing that we keep videos of it to return to it from time to time and reminisce of the good old times of innocence and color green...

As for the other songs... really why? Why would they not perform Silent or Fukyouwaon, or Mo mori, or Hiraishin or Kuroi never again??? I see no reason at all. I mean, we see 48 sister groups performing Fukyouwaon, or... anybody could perform it, why not the owner group themselves? I do not dismiss the fact that management would completely abolish some Keyakizaka songs from the rebranded group (they have already done so may irrational things and haven't done so many more rational that this may not be a surprise) but there is always hope that logic would prevail.

These girls were the vessel of realization of all Keyaki repertoire until now, they are the de facto "owners" of these songs. As far as ANYONE would POTENTIALLY perform these (AKB, Nogis, Hirate with a bunch of background dancers, practically anyone) there is nothing that would not allow them to perform it in front of people that have already seen them do this dozens of times!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Fukyouwaon would be dead, for sure. I love Captain and Hono, but it was really Techi who sold that boku wa yada! for me. And at the risk of angering Neru lifers, her boku wa yada sounded a bit too cute to me, unlike the baby otters' version which you can feel her frustration at the world.

SaiMajo? I don't know. This song is so iconic and associated with Keyaki and not just Techi in my view.

If they do retire certain songs down the line, can you imagine how crazy it would be to have a special, one-off performance on a big stage like Kouhaku:

S&F presents Hirate Yurina and Toriizaka46 - Fukyouwaon
    Performed live for the first time in x years!

They are both under S&F so it can happen. The buzz and controversy that can generate would be insaaaane.

Oh God why do we keep giving them moneymaking ideas? :fp:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Captain's was actually pretty good, Hono's and Neru's were not...expected, to put it nicely.
    Digressing a bit, I wish Kyonko would have been in Keya. Can you image her yelling boku wa yada in that deep voice of hers? Scary for sure...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Now that we have Neru back in action, let's not forget about the holy Techi-Neru ship :D

S&F presents Hirate Yurina and Nagahama Neru - Hohoemi ga Kanashii.
    Performed live for the first time in x years!

if the video does not show watch the video here

But seriously, I'm sure that in 20 years Keyaki songs such as SaiMajo will be fondly remembered and performed as "retro hits" during various music programmes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think Neru and Hono's boku wa yada add a nice contrast and variation to Fukyouwaon. Imo strong-light-climax would sound better than strong-strong-climax or light-light-climax. But it's all boil down to preference I guess. I consider Saimajo-Fukyouwaon-Kuroi Hitsuji to be Keyaki representative songs (we didn't get that many Hitsuji performances but it's such an iconic song), and they make a pretty good storyline for “boku” too.
    Boku realizes he needs to speak up (Saimajo) -> fights back and meets opposition (Fukyouwaon) -> refuses to be colored even if he’s one of his kind and even though boku leaves/dies at the end, his spirit influences others to unite and fight together (Kuroi Hitsuji transitioning to Dare Kane). It’s really depending on how far off new group style will be from Keyaki.
    Amongst these three Saimajo has the highest chance to be performed and it’d be a nice tribute to their Keyaki origin. But Saimajo wasn't performed at the online live, I honestly don't know if I should take that as a sign. Maybe they'll perform them once in a while, but not in regular setlist. I normally consider Garasu to be up there too but it has a much higher chance to be performed regularly even when the group releases many new songs later on.

@rdamon42 We probably won't get TechixToriizaka in Kouhaku (I can already imagine all kinds of talk surrounding it lmao) but a special song with all current and ex-members would be very nice for 5 years or 10 years anniversary.

Quite good news for me here, Yuuka and Habu said the new name hasn't been decided yet so probably we won't get Sakurazaka. What a relief lol. S&F has almost three months to come up with a damn good name and overture that can rival Keyaki.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1