1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Digital Single [Route 246] (2020/07/24)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by langsikretoooo, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Thats the challenge in managing an idol group , Let alone a National Idol Group like Nogi.

In a way Nogi is run like a Rich Sports Club(Real Madrid) , Its a group where its reserves(under) would be starters(senbatsu) in other Group .
    And its Secondary Stars would be Franchise stars in another Team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i understand stela conscience but maybe because i dont have issue with 3rd gen overall pushed where we can see 5(or 6 girls) of them are being pushed by management and that is so much better than 2nd gen single ace. although i want 3 or 4 way ace-battle(kubo momoko yoda zukki) but i think that would be too much. yoda and zukki probably will be the pair of rival ace like in every group and get most attention from management. like every pair, one will get a little bit better treatment and the other one will get less.
    maybe management should try to push loud girl in their variety show to balance how quiet nogi these days..cant depends on kazumi maaya sayurin manatsu all the time right..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Still waiting for the full MV but it's not coming out yet. I'm guessing they're holding it off until AFTER the Music Station performance or something?

It's already noon in Japan, and that's when I expect the full MV to drop, but given what's coming up with Music Station later tonight, they want to give priority to MSte first then the MV?

Also, someone mentioned about a new Arashi song (which is releasing on the same day as Nogizaka46's) a couple of pages ago, but why is that music video on YouTube geoblocked? This isn't supposed to happen.

EDIT: It's now available worldwide, had to hold until midnight US EDT (UTC -4) (04:00 UTC, 05:00 BST/UTC +1, 06:00 CEST/UTC +2, 13:00 JST/UTC +9)

EDIT: Or maybe wait for 6:00 PM JST?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  4. Cop pop

Cop pop Kenkyuusei

Actually it's really stupid to say that you need to just act shy or cute to be chosen from management because not everyone, who act shy and cute can get support from their fan like yoda or nishino and from the beginning to now yoda always be in top three from 3rd gen that management can't ignore it.

And being an idol doesn't need to be best at singing or dancing (but, if they're good at it then that's good) . The important thing is how you can catch fan's attention and make them want to support you (in my opinion, this is the most important though) and yoda did a good job at that point. Instead of asking why yoda's being chosen to be an Ace, you should ask why other girls like minami, kubo or momo can't catch their fan attention like yoda.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Everyone got a valid point regarding this Yoda debate. I get what SteCola is saying and agree with most of what he said. Not completely because I also understand that this is still business. And it's hard to manage 40 plus girls and produce a product that will sell. If a certain member/s does very well, even I will push them in front. You don't need to be the most talented or hardest-working member. You just need to sell big time. Single is just one of their merchandise so a lot of things to consider. If being cutesy brings in more profit then I'm gonna sell more and more of it. That tells a lot about the general consumer of this idol group.

For this particular single, I just think the positioning is mainly because of the choreo. It doesn't mean they have chosen Yoda over Yamashita. Anyway, it's pretty obvious these two will occupy the front until they graduate. If we're talking as a whole, Yoda vs other 3rd or what he call Nanase-ish girls vs other members, yeah it seems there's a certain trend. I can also see that. Unfortunately, it's not about what "I" like. It's where the big moola is coming from.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Renka x Shichan comments before MSte performance.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    So deadly, because I love both of them!:inlove:

• Like Like x 7
  7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I thought the MV would come out at 6 PM JST. That isn't the case - I heard the announcement at that time was that ayumi hamasaki is getting a new digital single also composed by Tetsuya Komuro.

Looks like the MV will come out around after their MSte performance.

8. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Ikuchan iru! Glad she made it for MSte performance. I like the costumes but wasn’t feeling the ones with the leggings. Kinda like genie outfit. Anyway, wowowow...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Edit: gone

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

wowowow

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I beg to differ. It's as if you're saying push doesn't matter here.
    Not even Naachan was the most popular from the start. But when management finally give their support, that's when the other less-pushed members experience 'gap' with the pushed ones, although initially their potential to produce moola is roughly the same. It's always a gamble whether the member you oshi aligns with management's oshi or not, granted the dynamic can always change.

And about attracting attention, most people (fans and general public alike) will just go with faces presented directly under their nose, a.k.a. pushed members. Push gives the air of 'the important ones I will see a lot and should check out' so they will just go with that without checking deeper inside the group. And even if they do, they're already hooked with the first ones they root for. Even if let's say you pick a name that didn't really go well with fans, like Ikoma, was still one of the most recognizable members by general public because of this.

Cool! Can't wait for the MV

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    The outfit is really cool when you see it live wowowowow

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    So not all of them are showing midriff. Iku, Yoda, Ayame and Kaz didn't. Not a fan of the outfit though.

Anyway I just don't feel this single at all. The english lyrics are bothersome. I'm not against english in Japanese song if the singer can pronounce properly. But when "Hang in there" sounds like "Huggin dance", that's not cool.

The dance isn't that great either, still prefer Synchro, Sing Out or even Inochi. But Ashu did great as center, she always delivers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I am not impressed by the choreo and the outfit. I like the hair extensions though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Asuka-chan, where is the powerful performance that you just said?! :confused:

16. LingLing

LingLing Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    I actually agree that mngmnt’s aces “Nanase-Yoda-Endo” have the same aura, shy, always smiling more than laughing. And I have to say that I got bored. But once again, it’s not about what I like or want, it’s about what the majority want. Yoda and Endo still have biggest fanbase of 3ki and 4ki, the “shy girls” concept is still the trend, then they will be pushed. It’s just frustrating somehow to see other girls with different personalities can’t catch enough attention to be pushed as ace

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    The vocals are not that great. Kinda normal and could have been better. Even Popipapapa left a more impactful impression than this new song

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Even if someone can not be a fan of this komuro hybrid of his old hits, AkPoet could at least do more justice than this level of monstrosity for a lyric.

shouldn't that harsh with USA last year now it hitting back as a karma lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LingLing

LingLing Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Ashu did great as a center in spite of the fact that it was the worst song she has been the center. My expectations for this single is too high that now seeing the choreography I even more disappointed

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I'm at least glad this isn't a proper single. I don't think it's bad, per se, but this is not a song I am ever going to voluntarily listen to again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2