1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Here's my take, the nature of being a single oshimen (follows only one member) or single fandom (fan of only one group, mostly smaller groups of under 7) is the same. The idea is that most fans can only have so many resources (time, money, affection) to focus on one member/one group. Being multifandom means you're splitting your support and resources and thus, each member/group now only receive a small portion. Technically you're neglecting all of your idols by doing that. It's not uncommon at all to hear "I have only one heart and my idol already secures that place." Now imagine if you support two or more groups/members at the same time, once there're conflicts (achievement, fan wars, donating for projects etc) who are you going to support? Support one and you're "betraying" the other, stand back and you'll offend both fandoms.

Mmg can definitely influence fans to become whether a single oshimen, MD or DD. If mmg wants DD/MD, they'll limit personal resources and focus all in groups. For example, no personal CMs, no solo songs (or solo songs for everyone), no single outside jobs/appearance, everything would be done in groups even CMs, magazines or endorsements. This method works well for group dynamics and longevity but limits personal popularity. And there's the risk of turning MD (like everyone but has an oshi) into single oshimen if they think their oshi deserves more than what given. Building single oshimen is much easier compared to that. Some companies even deliberately "mistreat" some members to fuel fans' rage to encourage them to spend more. Fans would compare whose fans donate the most/ buy the most albums/ support the hardest/ sold out the most magazines/ sold out the most items etc. Obviously this makes the fandom to be very toxic and can damage group dynamics greatly. The more crowded a group is, the harder it is to become MD or DD. Also, don't you think it's extremely hard to be a DD (like everyone but doesn't have a favorite/oshi)? Affection is not like pizza that can be cut equally.

Single oshi/solo stan is not that exclusive to Japan at all. The most extreme case I know is TFBoys. They have 7 different colors and names for 3 solo fandoms, 3 couple fandoms and 1 for DD. A group song has to be split into the exact same number of seconds and words to please everyone. Or look at the upcoming gg The9, a girl with lower rank have to sit lower (or at most the same level) than higher ranks in posters, resources are given according to ranks. Blackpink is known widely for having an overwhelming number of solo stans etc

I didn’t know that she's that popular in the Japanese portion of the fandom. If so then she'll get her push from mmg, but not a group center push imo (maybe units). Had shin 2ki be introduced as 3ki, Rena could have been chosen to be an ace (based on the poll). But as they were all grouped into 2ki, Rena's still behind Runrun, Ten, Honyo/Karin/Marina. This is only my observation but mmg is already guiding Honyo into Neru route, Marina next captain (obviously), Runrun/Ten/Karin next ace candidates (Karin was once introduced in a magazine as the next ace but seems like mmg changed their plans to Runrun and Ten) while they haven't shown any explicit hint of their 2.5ki push.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Interesting that Yumiko was included in that shot at the end with Yuuka/Pon/Risa/Akane. Hikaru and Hono are not a surprise but Yumiko was. Unless it's not meant to be significant at all and it was just because of her looks.

5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Karin also appears on the store banners as well.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yumiko is quite popular so I think it makes sense. If Hikaru and Hono tier 1, Ten is tier 1.5, Yumiko and Karin tier 2 I think. Also yeah I think she has good visual balance with Hono.
    But anyways I don't think the Lawson lineup is that big of a deal, I think Yumiko being in the AEON stuff was more significant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
  7. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

8. izzy7402

izzy7402 Kenkyuusei

Out of curiosity, is LIVE Online But With YOU put together at the last minute? After watching Hinata's LIVE Online I cant help but wonder about the significant difference in quality of the sets and performance, even the camera work was superior.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

One would think so on first glance but again, wihh the huge difference in set production, it's clear that Hinata's live was made as a 'recreation' of the live they would have had if the national tour had gone through as expected, so the girls had probably rehearsed and prepared for it.

But it still goes without saying that as everything keyaki, mgmt always delays. The announcement of keyaki's live online was like less than 2 weeks if I'm correct while hinata's was like a month before. We never know why. They still managed to make an excellent live until that announcement lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

If that's the case, I wonder how they are going to rename the variety show.

11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Like @Iamyoung said the time between announcement and the actual live was really brief and the girls were still in lockdown. One of the many reasons I think rebranding was a last-minute idea. Even so, and even though I'm usually critical towards keyaki mnmgnt doing (and rightly so if I can say it myself lol) this time the result was quite impressive given the circumstances. The impact of it, the thought behind it, quite satisfying.
    Staff did an impressive job with sets in my humble opinion

too bad they ruined it with the rebranding news lol

...I think it's a given we are keeping at least the K as first letter of the name..

12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

So, instead of "Keya", we would have "Kagu" for short? Aside from the funny name (for non-Japanese, I guess), Kagurazaka is a trendy, quaint shopping Tokyo district with a French ex-pat presence, very good Japanese cuisine, AND a slope (gotta have a slope). A place where Sugai-Sama, President Yumiko, and Berika would totally enjoy.

13. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    The name is kind of cool if you see the kanjis: 神 (god) 楽 (fun) but it will always remind me of Gintama's character. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Anything is better than Sakura tbh. Kagura gives out a sensual, traditional, feminine vibe for me? If that’s the vibe they’re going for then it’d be interesting. Personally I think the sets created for Keyaki live were really cool. They tried to recreate the MV atmosphere and succeeded. Regarding timing, Keyaki always gets the short ends for some weird reasons. Remember when Tokyo Dome was announced a month in advance when usually tickets are sold for months? S&F literally would just drop an announcement and expect it to be well-received

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    It is the zaka name in lyrics of Nogi song, "Hoka no Hoshi Kara". :p
    However, it is still not confirmed. I'll wait for an official announcement.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Imagine all these predictions then it turns out none is the name lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    OMG I hope this name will not be selected... "Kagura(s) / the Kaguras - single / Kagures - plural intonation on 'a'" in slang Greek is a sleazy and lame youngster suffering from severe sexual frustration and acts extremely annoyingly to girls... [see those Kagures with the motorbikes outside the school building? They're gross!]... this kind of situation.

OMG not this one, how am I suppose to evangelize the group to my friends??? Hey guys lets check the new amazing live of Kagurazaka46, (or to make it worse: Kagura)... They'll be amused to death!

...But if we end up with that name, I represent one of the tiniest markets, so, still, this will be my own problem only <sigh>...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    sounds like the name of a cabaret... :whistle:

19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    It said that Kagurazaka was an alternative name, when they decided to change toriizaka. The domain was registered back in 2015. Cmiiw.
    download_20200803_050637.jpg

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Ooh, Kagurazaka was the original name I was hoping for Keyakizaka to be called when I first heard Toriizaka.

It makes a lot of sense, especially with keeping the K.

No one seems to have mentioned that Kagura is a type of traditional/ceremonial dance (I looked but perhaps just missed it?)