1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

3rd Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by emiche., Jan 16, 2017.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I just spent some part of the evening watching 3rd Gen's part in the 3rd-4th Gen live that's been on NogiDoga. I've rewatched that Sanbanme at least 4 or 5 times and every time it still makes me smile...

The version for that live was the full version, which I don't think I've seen performed before. Perhaps, maybe in their original 3rd Gen solo lives? But never in one I've seen broadcasted before.

I've come to realize that Sanbanme is one of Nogizaka's most perfect songs. From the music to the members to the dance and even that uniform, it's just really great.

First of all, the song rocks. It's fitting as the introductory song for 3rd Gen. Breath of fresh air! Plus also the way it gives fans great places to cheer along. It's so fun. I think it really helped us really embrace them. They knock it out of the park every time they perform it.

The dance I love. Such memorable parts. The opening with the lean. Momoko, Shiori, Mizuki front. Every member in the perfect spot. The moves for the chorus which culminates into that single file formation with Momoko's zukyun. Even the dumb parts with them on their hands and knees are still good. And the second verse moves are just as good.

Anyhow, if you get to a chance to see the 3rd-4th Gen live, then watch 3rd Gen go off on their signature song.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. cookiecat

cookiecat Kenkyuusei

The entire 3rd gen part has such a good vibe.

3. nogijinja

nogijinja Kenkyuusei

Totally agree with this: the whole part with the seamless movement into single file, the fan part, the pointing part, and the movement back to formation is amazing.

And that whole routine from "bokutachi" to "jibuntachi" is less than ten seconds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    yes, that song is literally perfect, lyric, arrangement, dance and mv. everytime i listen to it, it never failed to lift my mood and feel nostalgic.
    in the mv, i love the end part where the slow motion of momoko going into the room with shiori and zuki following her and ending formation is perfect.
    i cant wait too see the new full version of sanbanme live performance.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Continuing on with the 3rd Gen part I watched above, since I watched it again today. After Sanbanme, the did Jibun janai and instead of a second verse they redid the second chorus. I keep wondering why? Like if they had time to extend it, why not just do the second verse? Such a mystery.

Oh, yeah, Mizuki does a d little dance for the intro which we've not seen before -- need to see more of this, please.

6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    For me the highlight of that concert is 3rd gen's Nichijou with Kubo center. All 3rd gens did well and Kubo really shines, never seen her that cool before, I have a newfound respect for her. There is also a cool dance break in the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. cookiecat

cookiecat Kenkyuusei

OK something's been bugging me with this part and I think I've realised why.

Right around bokutachi wa... I can hear this "Ah ah ah ah" then "ah oh ah" which definitely sounds like it's coming from a male singer's voice. I don't know why, but I noticed it the other day and can't unhear it. For some reason it just sounds how to say, a bit out of place?

But having said that, it is also my favourite part of the track because of the both the choreo and the lyrics, but perhaps also because of the male backing vocals it makes it stand out? Not sure if I'm making sense.

8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    That's always been there, and it's on the recording. I think it depends upon how they mix the live. I'm assuming we're still talking about the version at the 3-4 gen concert. It's really prominent on their Tokyo Dome performance. That's where I heard it really clear at first, and like you said once you hear it you can't unhear it.

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    It's quite common that Nogi songs have male backing vocals, probably taken directly from the demo song, and they just too lazy to remove it and record the girls voice for the backing vocals.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Strongest gen atm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Snowwhite

Snowwhite Kenkyuusei

Overall, 3 gen is quite high quality among the group members, all of them have good outlook, dance well and sharp growing characters

12. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I still think 3rd are massively underrated, and they're such a diverse group of girls.

Honestly I wish they'd held off on adding a 4th gen for a while, I love 3rd gen but I feel like most of them are being completely benched and sidelined in favour of aggressively pushing 4th gen. I feel really sorry for those girls like Ririan, Ayatii and Reno who are just not being given Nogichu appearances or opportunities. Even Hazuki has kinda been shelved and she can be so entertaining, especially when they're doing games.

I'm absolutely stoked to see Rentan in the next single, though, I've always thought she had massive potential IF she was given the opportunity.

Hmm, now I want to rewatch their season of NOGIBINGO.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I really think Tamami and Riria have a lot of potential, too bad their popularity didn't pick up after being given senbatsu position. Now it's harder for them to rise up with competition from 4th gen. I just hope that Renka can climb up to fukujin level and not stuck at 3rd row or even worse being dropped like Kiichan.

14. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Renka can be in Fukujin if and only if Matsumura and Manatsu grad .
    Or if they have a big Fukujin just like Sing Out.

3ki now have the most members in Fukujin
    5 out of 12 are 3ki
    4 out of 12 are 1ki
    2 out of 12 are 4ki
    And Miona

15. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Akimoto can be shifted to 3rd laner tbh, I actually surprised she's 2nd liner on 26th senbatsu, looking at the line up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    The captain is not going to shifted to 3rd row.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

So does Yamashita.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Sakurai has been on third row different times despite being captain, so it's not impossible. Btw I see Renka as a future ace of the group, just the fact she's been the center of the baseball song paired with Endo and Tsutsui says a lot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

It's highschool quiz song. Renka and Ayame (and Endo?) is a highschool student.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It took an extraordinary circumstance -- Shiraishi-san's graduation, to keep her out of fukujin. Along with Yoda, Yamashita should never see the third row again.

• Agree Agree x 3