1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    OK, the die is cast... I feel strangely calm and optimistic.

Sakurazaka was one of the anticipated names. At it came out as the best of all since the color will not be pink or similar and the kanji a 21-strike older version. I had a feeling that the color of our group will be either white or black so I'm more than happy about that. Nothing else would fit better.

Now, I am looking forward to the future.

This early announcement and also this, is more good news. I would have been really pissed off if the girls would have been left in limbo after the October concert. I hope that they will not lose any more time and have them debut asap so that they would not miss any important appearance for the end of the year.

The only thing that makes me sad is, of course, Nijika. I will certainly miss this long-haired pure-Japanese beauty and one of the top-4 dancers of the group...

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Now, it is official and I have mixed feeling here.
    After I saw the new logo on Keya official site, I felt really happy. It is the new start for these girls.
    But, then, I watched the announcement video on Keya official twitter. Somehow, I felt sad. I just realized that that Keyakizaka will be gone. The first idol group that I've been following since its first day, will be disappeared!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    "Refined and glamorous" really seems like Nogizaka image. Maybe more poppish? We'll see. By the way looking at the name and group's description it's going to be like I said. The rebranding is more due to ending the dark-emo idol group image and being seen more like Nogizaka and Hinatazaka.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Hmm, so many things in Japan are called that have "Sakura" in them...
    Then again, Sakura seems to be an actual street around the corner (Kado wo Magaru -get it?) from Keyakizaka.
    White is a combination of all colors, so all members have different qualities, but together they make the new white Sakura?
    Finally, how do you make an "S" with just one hand?

So many feelings right now, need some time to digest, I really need a beer! Make that 2 beers if we add Nijika (Noo...not our beloved 1st-gen baka).

5. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Yeah right, hand gesture thingy... You totally can't make a ”さ” using one hand :XD:
    And to make matters worse "humility kindness bonds" will be gone as well. That was a neat motto.

6. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

No it won't. It will be ended and continued with a new show with sakurazaka like hinata did

@SteCola Nogi seems more sophisticated. Refined too but glamorous? Yep, that suits keyaki now. I mean look at the girls lol. Also I don't think they will go for nogi style and definitely not hinata's too. Looking at the new songs released, they are going for their first years as keyakizaka. Dare, 10 pool and Sajin are songs that implies the kinda group they will be and it's not nogi or hinata's style. I mean the newspaper basically stated 'not going for cute style' lol.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Now, the most important thing to waiting for is their first single as Sakurazaka. I hope they keep the raw drum sound and strong guitar sound in its music arrangement.

8. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nen, Fuu-chan, Oze, Suzu, Mei
    The clenched fist they show in the video is also sign language for S. The hand goes from their Keyaki hand gesture to the fist S. I am just happy that we have information at the very least. I prefer the white, and had a feeling it was going to be white. Sugai-sama mentioned white somewhere early on. Not sure if it was in the speech for the online live, or an interview, but she said the color white at some point. Will continue to follow these girls for as long as they are a group, even after all 1st and 2nd gen graduate.

I always liked and enjoyed Nijika, her baka style, singing and dancing. If she leaves I will miss her, but there are still a lot of amazing girls in this group. I honestly thought it was one of her family members that was extremely ill from COVID and that she just left to be with her family, and S&F did not want to talk about that, but it's the usual thing instead. At least she is safe and healthy and I wish her the best of luck moving forward with her life, whether staying with the group or moving on.

9. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I always thought Nogi is proper and neat (the pure ojou-sama type of feel) so I was surprised when so many people associated them with glamorous. When I heard refined and glamorous I imagine a modern, confident young woman with red lips that likely work in a managerial role of a big company

I’m curious about the hand gesture too, will they do a flower shape then? I trust Takahiro sensei’s creativity

10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well keyaki girls are somehow the definition of glamorous lol. Risa, Yuuka, Yuipon, Habu, Nen, Sato, Hono, Seki, Rena, Akiho. Man all of them lol. So it isn't a lie what the news paper said. They are all alluring in mysterious ways lol. Aoi just bloomed like crazy.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  11. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    or maybe something like that when you associate the "glamorous" image

if the video does not show watch the video here

by the way are you really sure takahiro will still be their choreographer? I have doubts about it.

12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I am sure he will still be their choreographer. They arent changing their song writers etc just because they rebranded.

13. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I hope they will never abandon the darker shades of the style spectrum. If they do, all the amazing innovation brought to the J-pop idol world by Keyakizaka46 will be lost and the "dark and cool" aura will be a "gap" waiting to be filled by some other group in the future.

It will be sad if they abandon a strong aspect of their DNA. Now, glamorous CAN be cool (we've seen this already with "nobody") and COULD be dark, but I hope it won't become sexy. What I would hate to see from these specific girls, is a "sexy" aura...

The "Humility, Kindness, Bonds" will be missed if abandoned. I also hope that the composers won't abandon the piano, so far a staple for their songs... (Ahhh Hiraishin, how I'm gonna miss you!!!)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think keyaki will continue to be the cool middle child that releases music which is more popular to the general public than her sisters, but with a slightly more glamorous image due to the members ages being older. I can't be anything but excited for this re-brand. I personally don't give a damn about it anymore. The members are the same, the songs will continue to be sung, the only difference is the color (keyaki is the only reason i grew to like the colour green, pink and white is beautiful!), and the name (and i fell in love with the girls and group, not their name). I was here when they were toriizaka, when they changed to keyakizaka, and will continue to be here with sakurazaka. Heck, they can even go for a fourth Kagurazaka if things get tough again lmao.

All I see with this rebrand is, new songs, new members actually being active, MEMBERS being active, promotions, concerts (post covid), singles, SINGLES!!!! ! 8th single was so so long ago and 9th barely came. If keyakitte didn't exist we would be in a serious drought and i'm just glad we finally get some content again. I'm so excited to see what they do. October 14 can't come sooner!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Like Like x 9
  15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I feel like "dark and cool" idols are a dime a dozen these days.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

The only idol group not afraid to go all dark apart from Keyaki is BiS. BabyMetal also doing their best but they are metal group so it's understandable. We need more idol groups like this. It could help improve the oh-so generic idol world we know.

17. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

While not all of them have the exact same style as Keyaki there's Yurumerumo, BISh, Minnanokodomochan (RIP), Gang Parade, CY8ER (soon RIP), ZOC, Necronomidol. I'm sure there's a ton more but I haven't really been following the alt-idol scene for awhile except CY8ER. But I remember there being a ton of them, like even more "dark" idol groups than actual mainstream "cute" idol groups.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Assuming I'm reading the correct part of the article (the pink words next to the members photo), the phrase is 上品華やかに jouhin hanayaka ni. The definitions in my dictionary are jouhin: elegant, refined, polished. hanayaka: showy, brilliant, gorgeous.
    Hanayaka has a slightly different connotation than glamorous, you can google image search 華やか and see what pops up.

19. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Now I'm feeling positive and optimistic after seeing this news. They are ready and we just have to wait for it. I'm sad for Nijika, I guess it's better the scandal was released now than after the birth of Sakurazaka.
    I don't know if they'll announce Sakurazaka debut single and perform any song from it. But I'm kind of expecting they'll perform 10gatsu no Pool and that a Sakurazaka version of the song be included in that single.
    I don't care about who the center is, I just want them to debut as Sakurazaka and to be the most radiant versions of themselves :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Note that Baal made sure to say that refined (上品) and glamorous (華やか) are the reporter's impressions, not words given out by management. In the article, you can see that these words aren't in quotes either, while the descriptions for the other groups are (so that probably means the descriptions for the other groups are excerpted from management's own words). The "flower language" words for sakura are also in quotes, but that's probably just because the reporter looked those up somewhere. (In other words, if there are words not in quotes, those are from the reporter.)

>乃木坂46には「清楚で控えめ」、日向坂46には「見る者を幸せにする明るいハッピーオーラ」など、それぞれの特長が色付けされる。桜の花言葉は「優美な女性」「精神の美」「優れた教育」などがある。桜の色というとピンクを想像しがちだが、実際は白。櫻坂46は、かわいらしいポップなアイドルというよりは、上品で華やかなグループとなっていきそうだ。
    >As Nogizaka46 has "neat/clean and reserved," Hinatazaka46 has "a happy aura that makes happy those who watch them," each has characteristics added to them. The flower language of cherry blossoms has "graceful woman," "beauty of mind," "excellent education," etc. One tends to imagine pink as the color of cherry blossoms, but it will actually be white. Rather than cute/sweet and pop idols, it looks like they will become a 上品 (refined/elegant) and 華やか (brilliant, flowery, glamorous) group.

Note that when the reporter says ポップ (pop), what's meant is something like bright and colorful, rather than meaning pop as in pop music (I think this usage of ポップ comes from the meaning of pop in pop art). Google image search ポップな (pop as an adjective) and you'll see what I mean.

To me, it looks like the reporter is just trying to guess the image of Sakurazaka by just using the flower language of cherry blossoms. So unless you think the flower language of cherry blossoms is the most important clue here, I wouldn't put too much on this.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1