1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Harada Mayu / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by Reveen, Nov 2, 2015.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

it's still 13 with parental approval, which they had. From my time there it felt like a rule that wasn't super enforced like it is in America.

2. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Googled Japanese age of consent is 13

My bad the device I'm on dose not do anything when I press delete

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I heard that each prefecture has their own age of consent and the majority of them set it as 18 years old. cmiiw

4. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    They said age of consent was 13 there no metion of any other age

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Your Google'fu failed you @Sae Chan.

Japan's Penal code sets the age of consent as 13. But due to international pressure, the Children Welfare Act was created. The act was mainly created to curtail child prostitution, but it effectively raises the age to "fornicate" to 18.

Also, most prefectures do have their own local laws that also set the age at 18.

*I know, I know, linking wikipedia ect... This one actually links to actual text of the Act.

Now, having law on the books, and enforcing said laws are two entirely separate things.

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Well, a quick google search says otherwise lol.

source(s):
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=age of consent japan prefecture law
    https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/japan
    http://www.jref.com/forum/threads/japanese-age-of-consent-misinterpreted-fact-or-blatant-lie.43629/

edit: posted before i saw hjr's comment but we're saying relatively the same thing so watev lol

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Basically, if the parents of the minor consent, it can be pretty low (i.e. 13 or so, but a little different based on prefecture). Although when a person (adult over 20) gets caught engaging in a relationship with a minor (under 18 or 16 depending on prefecture), the enforcement of the rule greatly varies. Especially with parental permission (i.e. a "sincere romantic relationship"), then basically legally usually nothing happens at all. Even when I've heard of people in a similar situation (breaking the rule, without parental permission), it is basically just saying sorry and that is it, nothing really comes of it (i.e. jail time or ostracization from society, like would happen in the west). Basically what I'm saying is it is not a hard-rule, as enforced like in western countries.

Either way, whether you agree or not, she and the teacher had parental permission, so while it was wrong because of his job, it was not legally wrong because of their age difference.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I hope nothing but the best for her. She (and her parents, and especially her former teacher) made a mistake that killed her chances. But I always liked her on KeyaKake, and wished the attitude of fans wasn't so weirdly old-fashioned and harsh about her situation. She had spirit and a nice surreal attitude, it seemed to me, and would have made a good member.

Who knows if this account is for real. But I have been following it anyway.

9. okonomiya

okonomiya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Your right idk if its real, but it looks promising
    I cant even continue going on it cause the comments are just so EW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

She posted it in her instagram (or was it twitter?), so it is her.
    Good luck to her.
    People who work hard, deserve a chance.

• Like Like x 2
  12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Imagine if they actually used 元欅坂46 as part of the promotion, but didn't initially reveal who the person in question was :D

13. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I wonder if she is still with the teacher who caused her to drop out of Keyaki in the first place?

Either way, its a good thing, she deserves a shot.

14. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

She was my early favorite along with Imaizumi back during the Introduction videos on the 1st few episodes of Keyakitte. i liked her personality, seemed like she'd do well in a variety so I was a bit bummed when the scandal happened. At least now we can maybe finally see what kind of abilities she has, depending on how much TV time they get or if they get any at all

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    It's nice to see her not blurred out - good luck to her, though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks so much for this. I hope it is her. In the little bit we saw of her with Keyaki, I expected her to become one of the best: bold and funny. As I recall, she and Fuu-chan seemed to work well together, in those brief views.

@rdamon42 -- As I recall, the middle-school teacher she was photographed with is supposed to have disappeared as soon as the facts came out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    So he ruined her idol career and just disappeared? That's a POS for you. Geez.

There were a lot of what ifs? in our beloved Keyakizaka - Mayu was one of them (we could have had a double Harada thing going)

18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    From the little we have seen from Mayu and how much immature was Aoi back there I doubt that would have been a good idea lol
    We'll never know for sure though, but I agree with @ukifune back there she had the qualities to stand out.
    Even though I follow her (presumably?) account, I haven't seen much. I'll check it later to see if there's some news

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Actually, maybe he had no choice in the matter. Maybe he sort of was made to disappear by her parents and his school. Selfish and irresponsible guy, in any case. I never really put the fault on her, young as she was. She may have thought that since he was her middle school teacher and she was now in high school, it was okay. Or maybe she was just a bit too bold a character. In any case, I believe in forgiveness, remorse and redemption, and I hope she can keep moving forward in her life. Maybe I even hope he has realized how wrong he was and has turned his life around, too. In some other profession than teaching.

As for a double Harada, as @Dill says, at that point there were probably no two members more different from each other than they were. It's been a delight to see the more mature and confident (and beautiful) Aoi reappear.

As for there being many "what ifs" about Keyaki, you're so right, @rdamon42.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Just in case someone wants to check her group out, they just performed (7/MAr/2021) a mini live with signing session streamed on youtube

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1