1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 26th [Boku wa Boku wo Sukininaru] (2021/01/27)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Thundrakkon

Thundrakkon Kenkyuusei

I think Management is covering their bases for this announcement. If this ends up being successful, then they will look like geniuses. If this single ends in failure, then they have an excuse and scapegoat. It's a very risky single, considering the climate of the world and Japan in particular right, so in many respects, Management is throwing the 3 in the front center into the lion's den.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think there is a lot of people underestimating the star power the new generation of nogizaka have. Of course the 1st gen are still there and deserve their positions, but whether they're in the 1st or 3rd row, they will still be called on to talk to hosts on music shows, still get the same solo gig's and opportunities, and the general public still know who they are. They're completely solid. I think management knows if they continue to give us say a Asuka center for 3 singles in a row like NMB did with Miru, they run the risk of all the 1st generation members graduating until only she is left, which at that point they're forced to push the new generations into the limelight because there's no 1st gen left.

I think what Nogi are doing right now is the best we've seen from a 48/46 group in the way they handle their most popular staple members graduating. Air drop your newest generation ace/s at the start of their career, include them in senbatsu's and push them with side jobs to get their faces known, release photobooks to gauge popularity, push them into higher positions in senbatsu. I wish AKB did this. Right now looking at the current senbatsu selection, I can't see anyone in the 1st and 2nd row who i believe isn't deserving of their positions. 3rd and 4th gen aces are STACKED with star power. The most popular 1st and 2nd gen aces are still present and dominating the front rows, and iconic 1st gen members are still represented. My only grip is the lack of 2nd gen (read: my baby ranze).

The senbatsu looks great, 3 of my top 5 are in senbatsu, 2 of which are in the center and flanking positions so i can't be anything but happy about this announcement lol.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 8
  3. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    I think the workload will be pretty heavy for Asuka as she may need to replace some center positions left from graduated member like Maiyan. I wish the senbatsu will be a little bigger to include more 1st and 2nd gen before they graduate soon. Ultimately, we have to evaluate on the 26th single when released and not jump the gun. Give them time and wait till next year

4. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    congratz to zukki for getting selected as center of 26th single, im slightly disappointed that Endo is in the 2nd row, but still happy because she in fukujin now, i'll keep waiting until her right time. my concern right now is how the management will handle the 25 members in under will they make a unit out of them or they put them all together in one under song? and who will be the centers for those songs

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Finally, 3rd gen equals 1st gen in the amount of members in senbatsu. New winds are blowing, and I think Yamashita will be a good center for the beginning of a new era.
    My two cents. Even though I like sakura, I think Yamashita has been in the group for longer and she was even the center of an AKB b-side, so she is probably easier to recognize by those who don't follow the group or idols in general.
    I want to do a graph of senbatsu and fukujin throw time to see if nogi is really getting older or is on a plateau. I hope I will have time to finish it next week.

6. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Congrats Mizuki for your first center!! Really a new era huh. Hope this single can sell well so people don't think Nogizaka declines post Maiyan.

Just want to address this a bit because I see some of you guys still doubt Kubochan in her position: This is the first 'real push' she gets from management. Like someone already said before, she always got the short end of the stick among top 3rd gens, and that's true. Her popularity, which if you compare still below Mizuki and arguably the same as Ume, is still impressive as she actually never gets the same push as other top 3rd gens before. YodaMomo centered already, Mizuki first row in Synchro, Ume first row in Kaerimichi. She was sidelined when 4kis joined. This is Kubochan's first time in the front row, the first time management finally show an intention to promote her just like they promoted her peers before.

Not trying to sound bitter, but she was even denied of one of the things she does best: acting. Yoda, a drama a movie; Mizuki, two dramas two movies and various acting gigs in variety show; Ume has a movie too now (I exclude Zambi). Everything that is not in her control is against her up until now, despite her proving her abilities time and time again.

This is the chance she finally gets, something we her fans had waited for a long time now. Not just because she's our favorite, but because we feel she earned it. Not only now, but since way back then. So please deny her again this time, tell me she doesn't deserve this position.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Though it's not my personal taste, Yamashita obviously had a large following who wanted to see her in the centre position and I believe they and she deserve a chance to see it.

Even if you weren't her fan or were just hoping for someone else, join me in looking forward to a fresh take on Nogizaka.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    The senbatsu after Maiyan's graduation was always going to be difficult. Stay conservative and stick with the status quo of the known Ace, Asuka, or go with a new member as center? I personally advocated against the conservative approach because Nogizaka isn't gettign any younger. At 21 years old, Yamashita is Nogizaka's oldest new center discounting the graduates Nanamin and MaiMai. We've been waiting for 2-3 years for Maiyan's graduation. This move was a long time coming.

I'm excited. It's a new era and I for one gonna still support this group. Through thick or thin.

9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Idk what you mean with 'throwing away 1st gen', but can you named any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen center that isn't an airdrop center from Nogi's previous single?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I am late to the party but omg ZUKKI CENTER:omfg: yay i'm so happy for her! There might be some pressure on her since this is the first single without maiyan, but I trust that she will be a great center just please management give her a good song :cute:

11. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I like this senbatsu though, also congrat to Zukki for her first solo center! The fact that make me really happy is that Minamin is being put back to 1st row, as I thought she might be put in the back again. Overall, it is a nice and fresh senbatsu for a post-Maiyan single.

12. Snowwhite

Snowwhite Kenkyuusei

It's not surprise to have Mikuki taking the center position. Her outlook is good enough and dance so well. What is more, she has so many supporters.
    More surprising, Kubo and Umi also standing on the 1st row. This is a good try!!! It's time for 3ki gen to show their power.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I finally have time to post today, I predicted it'd be the Route 246 and I was wrong, but I'm happy with it.
    Congratulations to the new senbatsu members, they deseve it. Although I wished mngmt would have kept Kii in senbatsu. I guess she's very likely to center the Under's song (her or Hinachima).
    I hope that, as the remaining 1ki keep graduating, that 2ki could fill in the empty spots 1ki leave in senbatsu formations, I mean it can't be 2-3 members in every senbatsu forever.

As for the center, Mizuki is not my favorite member but I like to see her as center, firstly because I'm into center rotation and I want new faces getting the center as much as possible. And I think she has the potential, I can why mngmt picked her, even if she's not that popular she has the potential and mngmt have her the chance. So let's just wait and see the results of this single if she does well she might repeat the center but if she doesn't then another member will be picked as center and that's it.

I can't believe how controversial this announcement has been here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm really happy for 3ki in this senbatsu, except for Renka whom I hope to be in fukujin, but I think her time will come.

What I still can't understand is why Kiichan is dropped. She was given a fukujin during Sing Out, a trip with Miona on Sekai tabi, and from 46hour TV she seems to be popular, she even has more likes than Miona on insta. And then suddenly, a drop out from senbatsu??? I'm not sure what she has done wrong to deserve this.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. maiyanzaka46

maiyanzaka46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    I just want to live to see the day where my oshi Mukai makes senbatsu. Even Yoshida deserves a fair shot. I feel really bad for girls like Junna as well, who has been with the group for seven years and never made senbatsu once. Kiichan, Hinachima, and Wada getting dropped was also a gutpunch for me because all three are in my top 10, and I love them all. I'm also a bit sad Kazumin is in the back.

On a positive note, I'm really happy we got a new fresh center, and Mizuki is talented so I'm excited to support her for this. I personally would've liked an Ume center but Mizuki is 100% fine. She was never one of my top oshis but I am always happy to support these girls. I hope the song is really good.

Overall, I'm sad 90% of my oshimen didn't make it, and some senbatsu choices I do not agree with, but I'm sure it'll end up just fine. Just gotta stay positive! I'm very excited for the future of Nogizaka46! :)

They definitely will! Nogizaka has a bright future, and I hope management can let the new girls shine!

16. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Congratulations Zukki for the center position. Also too bad Shitara's sticker didn't help Sakaguchi get into sentabtu this time. Also too bad 2ki get reduced in senbatsu entry this time

17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Just suddenly remember that Kiichan was the member with the best luck during the 2nd gen segment of 46hr TV. Another evidence that all the fortune telling is an absolute rubbish or maybe mgmt just decided to troll us.

• Like Like x 1
  18. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

I really like this senbatsu, all the members this time is my choice too :inlove: But i think it will be more perfect if they suffle some positions. And i think Kiichan > Maichun, but i dont know why Kiichan was dropped. Anyway congrats for Nogi's new single :banana:.

p/s: waiting for next or next next single with Momo-Yoda-Zukki front row hehe

19. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    No need to recall the tragic history. Nogi mgt will handle it, but still mad at them that 2nd gen only got 2 representatives.

As for my opinion on Senbatsu, I love the formation and line-up. Still shock that Yoda is pushed to the 2nd row. She seems to be mgt's favorite by far. It appears that the former pushed centers of 2ki, 3ki, and 4ki are placed in the 2nd row...quite fascinating. UmeKuboShita is the new interesting trio. Two of them have released their photobook this year. Hope Kubo will get one too.

20. recursive

recursive Kenkyuusei

No more wow wow wow, please..

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2