1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka? (2020/10/19-)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I forget we are still under a pandemic. That can be the reason for Sakura 8 only doing this activity right now and only 3 MVs have been made for 1st single when 5 MVs are normal with a single for four types and a regular edition.

This hopefully change next year when population get their vaccine. I want things to go back to normal without restrictions so I can enjoy to watch this "hit campaign" episode more. I feel 8 members is a small group I would have wished for more members in this campaign.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Looking at how the guides had quite a challenge making it in time with the 8, I wonder what mayhem will ensue when all of them are there, what with the hysterics and unpredictability of Habu, Kira, Akipo, etc. :^^;:

I imagine its safer to take a small group too, though I see Akanen saying "I don't get to go" again on this one

About the episode, Tamura Hono really is the popular girl: beautiful, kind, good at sports, and surprisingly good at hiking and mountain climbing. That girl has it all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I believe that for Akipo, even though being amermaid, climbing would have been like a walk-in-the-park. She is strong and athletic. The only risk would have been if she accidentally brakes the rope (sheer Tyrrano-strength).

So next we may dream of waterfall meditation: I would like to see my mermaid, cutie-Marino and my dear waterfall veteran, Fuu-chan!

P.S. After swimming myself in a mountain river at the northern part of my country (thank god it was during summertime) at waters hovering just above 10-11 Celsius, I can assure everyone that you are certainly feeling "closer to god" as your life tends to escape the mortal coil of your body [hehe] But I love Japan and, as for the Shinto practices, I certainly have a huge respect to the religion. This is actually the only religion that is attractive to me, being an atheist mathematician... :blush:

4. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Corrected a mistake. It should be Takigyo (滝行) a mainly Japanese Buddhist ritual, not Misogi (禊) a Shinto ritual*. Takigyo is what they did for the Kuroi Hitsuji single campaign.

*Buddhism (as in Japanese Buddhism, which has differences from what is practiced on the mainland) and Shintoism are often heavily mixed within Japan (and with different Buddhist schools/sects), so practices tend to be mixed as well. In this case, both involve standing under a waterfall with little clothes on to get drenched in cold water.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  5. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

I went to check the Kuroi hitsuji prayer campaign episode of Keyakakke and that also only involved 8 members. That trip involved no mountain climbing but a (relatively small) risk of hypothermia. This time round, the climbing trail is an established trail but some risks of accidents remain. Even with no COVID, the management won't be risking the entire group.

Tamura has been a volleyball player since grade school, and so far one of the most athletic of the 2nd generation. I also find her pretty well built compared to the rest, so that should help as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I never imagined I'd hear a bit of ABBA's Chiquitita in a Japanese idol hit campaign mountain climb :hehe:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Personally I'm more in favor of hit campaings rather than hit prayers, but this will do. However I'd like to agree with those of you wishing for a more inclusive approach, if possible. I've always been a proponent of building strong group camaraderie, that is why I find Hiragana/Hinatazaka all-encompassing hit activities really impressive. Maybe Sakura can learn something from their kouhais (or senpais?:D) too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Lol, with the new person in charge of the BGM, it is a bit weird for a Western audience to hear all the different Western pop tracks being used on SokoSaka. The local audience might not recognize but the kaigai fans are likely to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. keyakiHAKUoshi46

keyakiHAKUoshi46 Kenkyuusei

proud of our girls. my kokoro was so moved~

everybody (ALL the members, staffs and guides) worked really hard <3

btw. risa was soooo funny. Risa: fulltime idol, model, heart stealer. part-time comedian. i'm happy she's growing and showing herself more in variety :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Let it never be said that these girls are pampered/soft. That hit single campaign took a toll even on the athletic Honosu.

Yuuka bringing a photo of all 26 members to the top - sasuga chapchen.

I still can't get over the fact that TenTen went in Paddington Bear colors :^^;: PaddingTen Bear

11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I'm sorry to disagree with you my dear friend @rdamon42 but I do consider our girls to be the most pampered among all Sakamichi groups (excluding Yoshimotozaka).

I may displease quite many but I have to be sincere: After my pilgimage into Nogizaka46 past/history, what first and mostly amazed me was what these girls had to do / had to face in order to win the hearts and minds of the Japanese audience and create fandom: They had to roam all of Japan and distribute leaflets for their singles, for the very first single they had to give away 46,000 packs of handkerchiefs in the streets of Tokyo and other cities, they were doing bujee-jumping in rivers, they sky-dived from airplanes, jumped from the Makau Tower, climbed to the Fuji peak, (they climbed on the very peak our girls climbed just a week ago), were plunged in freezing-cold waterfalls, walked on fiery coal, and, and, and...

...and above all had to face all these hard senbatsu, leaving those under girls in tears, heartbroken.

Please do not misunderstand: I do love Keyakis and now Sakura girls but they walked a far more straight and easy path, a path that, to an extend, had been smoothed out by the effort of the senpais in Nogizaka46. The Tsucchi-Sawabe duo also created a more "comfortable glass-tower" for them in Keyakitte, Kakenai. They were also caustic in times, teasing in other times and by all means loved all and every girl to the same extend as Bananaman or Audrey, but Bananaman had the task to get a bunch of rookie girls back in 2011 and make them hard as steel, able to plow new path and discover new territories by beating AKB48 and their legend along the way. And the girls managed to do that. And through their success Keyakizaka46 was born and followed this same but easier route to the same success. Therefore, their path was easier.

I had many times in the past expressed my opinion about how I liked the no-senbatsu / all-21 formations. This was the power and uniqueness (among many other) of our girls. Keyakizaka46 was a small sister but a so different one! And like the 2nd child, they had it easier. More quirky, darker, more self-assured, distant and cyclothymic, a typical 2nd child, but equally lovable. And let's not forget: Had we all in the past expressed that Keyakis were bad at variety, while Nogizaka were great? At that time I was wondering why... But it couldn't be different after all these experiences Nogizaka girls accumulated through their "hardships" (and Bananaman training).

Don't get me wrong, but I hope every Sakamichi fan will agree that Nogis had to face cruelty from their management and the idol system itself, as a whole. They had it harder but that was innevitable. They had to generate awareness, make people sympathise with them. They went through these hardships and they earned the great price of recognition. Keyakis (and Hinatas) that followed had already a big heritage and a name (Sakamichi) to rest upon until they created their own legacy. [of course Kayakis had to face a different type of cruelty, that of the numerous antis, or even fan-based cruelty, but that's a different story].

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Too long, Phil, too long :^^;: You are Shii-chan poi after all

No worries, I like having discussions such as these, free to voice our opinions without fear of being shouted down. Why else are we on an idol forum, but to discuss, engage, agree, disagree, etc.

I see your point, but one can also argue that Nogi's path may have been paved by AKB48 before them. Those girls had no one coming to their shows in the early days, and really had to build a strong following.

In my own Nogi deep dive I did see all these hardships they went through (and fell in love with my Nanase in the process, and it was only her who jumped off Macau tower, if I may point out) and I agree with you on that. Our beloved Keyakizaka went through a very different but comparably hard process that I don't need to get into as every KeyaSaku fan knows it, and I can argue it was caused by us not adopting the senbatsu system Nogi had.

What I meant was the physical toll of what they did for their rebrand/redebut was not glamorous per se but really, really tough. And I'm glad they all made it and persevered through it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

They had to be at the top by 3:00pm. but ended there by 4:0pm after a 7-hour climb (Did I hear that correctly?). Assuming a minimum of 1/2 to 1 hour for the actual hit prayer, photos, rest, etc. they descended quite a few hours in the dark. Going down is just as risky as going up. Regardless, kudos to our girls, nobody seemed to have had any serious incidents.

• Like Like x 1
  14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I actually wondered when this was filmed and, more specifically, how much daylight they had for the return trip. I can't even imagine trying to do some of those descents in the dark. They did great, though.

Nest week's episode looks all kinds of fun. [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  15. rebler

rebler Kenkyuusei

7.5 hour climb but yeah. I found these descriptions and it seems there are several routes so perhaps they took a quicker/easier one down:
    http://best-hike-japan.com/hiking/mt-kinpu/
    https://en.japantravel.com/yamanashi/climbing-mount-kinpu/14229

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    The descend... That is what they should be focusing showing us. How they managed to climb down and return in the twilight (?) dark (?). That would be the real struggle and major achievement.

• Like Like x 1
  17. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Yuuka reported in her mobame that it took them 4 hours to descend

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Jsprite and @Maeda_Toshiie The guy who is responsible for picking the background music for SokoSaku is indeed awesome: I would never expected to listen to one of my favourite musicians in this show.

At the beginning of the first prayer episode and when they introduce the Kinpu mountain and its location on the map you can hear the intro song of one of the greatest jazz-rock guitarist of all times Pat Metheny and the first piece from his CD "Secret Story". The song is called "above the tree tops" and features members of the Cambodian Royal Palace Choir on the traditional Cambodian hymn "Buong Suong". Pat, an American fierce but elegant guitar virtuoso is making some of the very best contemporary music being influence from music styles and modes from all around the world. This 2:43 minutes masterpiece combines an amazing vocal hymn of the Far East with some of the most touching and subtle guitar accompaniment (guitar starts at around 1:30). Check it out, it is definitely worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I definitely heard the Pacific Rim theme by the great Ramin Djawadi (he composed Game of Thrones OST too) in there, more in part 2 of the hit prayer single episode.

I'm imagining that Yumiko-kaichou brought a helicopter to pick up the girls at the summit and will not accept any other explanation :^O^:

• Like Like x 2
  20. kxony

kxony Kenkyuusei

Fun episode this week.

Onuma...sweetheart...just...hahaha...I can see that Onuma style is not just something she does when playing a game, it seems is a way of life. This is the way.

Harada tried to get pass the school kid image but she is just to cute at the moment.

I wished they would have showed the other girls kanjis for Akanen.

I really enjoyed hearing MatsuRina throughout the whole episode. Girl went for the comments every chance she got. She didn't appear much or had a one straight shot like PonPon but she was definitely heard.

• Like Like x 3