1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Japan's own Jo Baiden is a star!

"Joe Biden’s election victory has brought an improbable moment of celebrity to a local politician in Japan.

Yutaka Umeda, 73, the mayor of Yamato, a small town in the south-west of the country, has become an overnight internet sensation after it was noticed that the kanji characters used to write his name can also be pronounced “Jo Baiden”.

The mayor’s surname 梅田 – comprising two characters meaning “plum” and “field” – can be read as “ume” and “da”, but also as “bai” – pronounced “buy” – and “den”. The single character 穣 for his given name, Yutaka, is more commonly pronounced as “jo”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ecomes-overnight-internet-sensation-joe-biden

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    But then, with Japan now wanting to start internationally using LastName FirstName format (like how they actually use everyday in Japan), Yutaka Umeda would be Umeda Yutaka and Jo Baiden would be Baiden Jo. ;)

4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    After the controversy about Naomi Osaka being whitewashed in a cartoon, there is a change coming. From the NY Times:

In an advertisement for an instant noodle brand, Ms. Osaka, the daughter of a Japanese mother and a Haitian-American father, was shown with light skin in an anime-style depiction. Her fans called it whitewashing.

“I’m tan,” Ms. Osaka said at the time. “It’s pretty obvious.”

So this year, as a manga magazine in Japan worked on an issue that will portray Ms. Osaka as an alien-vanquishing intergalactic tennis champion, it insisted on getting major details right.

This time, Ms. Osaka will, indeed, be tan.

The magazine, Nakayoshi, “was very careful on that subject,” said Ms. Osaka’s sister, Mari Osaka, 24, a professional tennis player and illustrator who was a consultant on the project."

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 8.23.14 AM.jpg

http://nakayosi.kodansha.co.jp/

5. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I FIIIINALY REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD LOLLLLL

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Wishing everyone a merry merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  8. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Happy New Year! よいおとしを/良いお年を!
    If you're reading this after New Year's, then あけましておめでとうございます/明けましておめでとうございます!

• Like Like x 1
  9. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Bon Any Nou! / Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 2
  10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Gelukkig nieuwjaar / Happy New Year

• Like Like x 3
  11. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Selamat Tahun Baru / Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 3
  12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Happy New Year (Us folks on the east coast in the US have joined you guys in 2021).

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Happy New Year from the UK! During 2020 I somewhat belatedly discovered a British YouTuber called Techmoan who for a number of years has been posting videos of unusual electronic devices and formats including some from Japan. His channel has over a million subscribers and last year I not only subscribed through YT but also through Patreon which allows me to see his videos before general release.

His latest one has just been openly released, it's a review of 'Densha de Go!' which is plug and play TV train simulation game available from Amazon JP that allows players to take a very realistic train drive around the Yamanote Line in Tokyo, it has all the sounds as well as the sights. (Other lines are available including the Tokaido Line between Kyoto and Kobe via Osaka.)

I'm not really into this sort of thing but it does look very good and it would be a nice reminder of my visits to Tokyo and Osaka while I'm stuck at home this winter, however as usual with ordering from Japan shipping and taxes are expensive. On the subject of buying stuff from Japan especially in regard to getting items from auctions via proxy services, Techmoan made an interesting video a year ago about his own experiences:

• Like Like x 2
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well there is Train Simulator for the PC on steam which has some Japanese lines, but the DLC is kinda pricy, and they only have rural Japanese lines (as those are for sure much easier to make than the Yamanote line)

(and I'd love to have the Yamanote line)

15. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I have the Dreamcast Densha de Go! 2 Kousoku Hen 3000 Controller, it's addictive and a very demanding simulator-arcade.
    [​IMG]

Your route is:
    Hokuhoku Line HK 100
    Hokuhoku Line 485 Hakutaka
    Akita-Shinkansen E3 Komachi
    Ouhon Line 701
    Tazawako Line 701
    Keihin-Tohoku Line 209
    Yamanote Line 205
    Toukaido-hon Line 207
    Toukaido-hon Line 201
    Toukaido-hon Line 223
    Toukaido-hon Line 221
    Hokuhoku Line 485 - 3000 Hakutaka
    Tohoku-Shinkansen 200 - Yamabiko

You have to be alert to the clock and know the routes to gain points. You have to honk the horn before starting, before entering the tunnel or before the bridges or crossings to gain points.

If you don't obey the railway directions, you lose points.

If you brake suddenly or go over the line you lose points or end the game.

If passengers complain you lose points.

If you are late you lose points.

In the more advanced versions you can control the automatic doors as well as the entry and exit of the passengers.

Getting the controls for Taito trains and trams, whether you buy it in a Japanese shop or at auctions depending on the model in which console or for PC is like buying an AKB48 concert on blu-ray.

When you have it you will enjoy playing like a child.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about Sumo and Corona virus.

"Japanese sumo wrestler Kotokantetsu was uneasy. Coronavirus was raging through Tokyo and ripping through the sumo wrestling fraternity, whose lives are controlled by trainers and handlers.

One wrestler died in May after struggling to get prompt medical attention. At least 23 more have tested positive in recent weeks, including the country's top wrestler, Hakuho, who was released from hospital earlier this month, according to media reports.

Kotokantetsu, 22, who underwent a heart operation a few years ago, knew he was in the high-risk category, and asked his “stablemaster” if he could sit out this month’s tournament in Tokyo on health grounds.

The reply: Compete, or leave the sport forever."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...351ea8-54f2-11eb-acc5-92d2819a1ccb_story.html

P.S. The January tournament just ended. You can watch highlights of everyday of every tournament on NHK World. The next tournament is in March.

17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Well, finally the first trailer

18. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Since around October last year, my class has been rehearsing a Godzilla stage play, written by Ohashi Yasuhiko.
    Not sure if anyone would know this story since it's about Godzilla getting married to a human girl.
    But yeah, we finished recording and everything last week. So nervous, even though I was only on for a few minutes to give the wedding speech.

19. Elstree

Elstree Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    ❤ Kato Shiho ❤
    Anyone know about this bunch? All I find is anime/game related sites.

THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS

This video was in my Youtube suggestions, and I always check out live performances.

Lot of pretty girls, cute outfits and a bazillion fans. 4 hours+

Mod edit: feel free to re-insert the media when I'm wrong, but a 4 hour 1080p YT video, sound like purchasable content

Theres this bunch too from the same channel.

THE IDOLM@STER SHINY COLORS

mod edit: see above

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2021
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The Idolm@ster is a (long running) anime series, but just as with Sailor Moon you obviously can have live performances

• Informative Informative x 1