1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Back in April, page 679-680, I was writing here about the tragedy that Akicha’s BD stage 2015-10-04 was streamed in 360p while all other stages was in 720p. Someone said that those in 720p was upscaled from 360p before uploaded because DMM don’t streamed in 720p until a year later. This was both right and wrong. It’s wrong that they were upscaled, it’s impossible to upscale to that quality but it was right that DMM don’t streamed in 720p. Who it was I don’t know, maybe AKB48 themselves?

But it is a fact that Akicha’s BD stage was streamed in 360p, at least the video I have, and all other stages from fall 2015 was streamed in 720p. At least all stages I have and that’s about 15 numbers. I checked with another Swedish Stage48 member, ”J”, and he checked all his stages, 25 numbers, and they were all in 720p. But all this don’t say so much because AKB48 performed more than 70 stages during fall 2015. There are a lot of unknown stages.

But I may have a solution. I go forward to Akicha’s Graduation stage, 2016-02-23. The video I have is, of course, in 360p. But I saw in the list I’ve got from J that he had the same stage in 720p!!!!!!! He fixed so I could downloaded it and YES, it was in 720p. Unfortunately at low bitrate so it was worse than my video. But it gave me a hint of what had happen.

Look at these two screenshots of the same scene I’ve taken. The first from my video at 360p, the second from J’s video at 720p. My video is from DMM.COM as you can see up left. J’s video is from AKB48 LIVE as you can see down right. There must have been parallel streamings!
    akicha-360.jpg akicha-720.jpg

So therefore some uploaded videos are in 360p and others in 720p. Akicha had bad luck. Does anyone know anything about this parallell streamings? And if someone have stage streamings from fall 2015 så please check in which quality they are.

2. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @rka Do you remember where you caught those videos?

3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Wow, this is going to be a tough one. I just finished watching episode 3 of the Terareba Girls on viki again and @45:45 Oshima is having a heart-felt talk with the married boyfriend and in the background you hear instrumental music playing and that song is so damn familiar but I'm drawing a blank on where I've heard it before. It's got to be AKB-related---perhaps from a movie that one of the girls was in? Anybody?
    A $50 donation to Stage 48 is on the line here if somebody can help me out.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  4. ehauh

ehauh Kenkyuusei

5. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    there's actually an ost cd for the series (songs are written by yugo kanno, composer of jojo osts). it should be the 11th song on the cd called "kibishii genjitsu dakedo shinjitsu"

https://www.neowing.co.jp/product/VPCD-81896/track?from_cdj=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. richard durbano

7. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    original soundtracks, as their name says, are specifically written for the shows they're being used in, so i'm more than certain the song wasn't used anywhere else. maybe it just sounds similar to something else, yugo kanno has worked on soundtracks for many different series after all :D

also, i legit just googled "(series name) ost cdjapan" and listened through the samples :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. richard durbano

I believe I found it. There was a 3-minute commercial for a Thai Life Insurance Company called ''Unsung Hero' from 2014. I lack the computer expertise to show that video here, but if you go on Youtube, you can find it easily. Really wonderful video.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  9. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Time for another of my member questions. :D I'm now watching Spring concert in Saitama super arena March 2012. In Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara someone is subbing for the graduate Oku Manami. Who? There are only two short video clips displaying her and here is one of them. I would say Wakanyan but I'm not sure.
    standin.jpg

I wonder a bit if is ok to have stand-ins in some songs like SSK Senbatsu, Undergirls, Janken Senbatsu and so on? The original girls have won their places and why should management after that fill up with who else? I don't say it's wrong but it's not fully right either.

The first concert performance of Kimi Suki after Manami's graduation was in Seibu Dome and there was no stand-in for her so the remaining 15 girls performed.

10. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    That's Kikuchi Ayaka.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    There are some songs where it's kinda weird without the original members, bets example is probably "Ue kara Mariko", but well, girls graduate, others take their place
    'Omoide no Hotondo' was explicitly linked with Acchan & Takamina .... but I've een it performed at RH by Takamina & Miichan and Nyan-Nyan & Miichan as well .. and that had some kind of continuity, so I'm ok with that, even though others will maybe feel otherwise

Hashire Penguin will always be original Team 4 just as Seijun Philosophy will always be Minegishi Team 4, but I think it's ok to see it performed by current Team 4

Some songs are imho explicitly connected to 1 member, like Watashi wa Watashi or graduation songs like Takamina's Senaka Kotoba, apart for as a tribute, it is weird to see those performed by any other than the original member.

12. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Kuura No, not her. She's an original song member and I can spot her. She has longer and more curly hair.

@dutchie I don't say anything about normal single senbatsu, unit members och such songs. Those members are chosen by management and can be replaced. I'm thinking more about SSK and Janken. It's not a big question, I'm more thinking.

13. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    SSK singles are usually one of the top singles in a year (or at least should be) .... you can't retire them as AKB just because members graduate, because members graduate all the time, it's part of the concept

14. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Right. But should graduate members be replaced or should the original members sing together as long as they could? 16 members or 10 members doesn't matter? It would have been terrible if Kimi Suki would show up on RH 2017 with some new girl as center. A couple of years later it's ok.

15. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    It's her, 110%. That's her 2012 profile photo to the right and it was taken around the same time as when the concert took place. Identical hair (and there's always the possibility of extensions etc.), hair color, eyebrows, bangs (a little separated and then longer further in) and her iconic cheeks and dimples. If you're still unsure, google "菊地あやか 2012" and you'll see what I mean.
    Not sure who they replaced Manami with but that's Ayaka in the screenshot anyway.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Maybe, maybe not. They are quite similar but I'm not convinced. When Kikuchi smiles her mouth corner goes up and that's not the case for girl X. And this is only one pic, I have a short video sequence. Another problem is if girl X is Kikuchi, who's is the 16th girl? I might have a lot of video watching in front of me. :D

Edit: Oops, suddenly a new candidate appeared. She's mostly out on the far left or far right and only with one got shot so I haven't noticed her before. She's tall so it might be Suzuki Shihori??? The only problem I can see is that AKB mostly filled up with kenkyuusei and she was in Team B at that time.
    16th.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  17. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Ok, my night sleep is saved. :D But it is a problem sometimes to see which girls are performing. In this song Akicha and Sasshi always gets the most screentime. Good for Akicha to shine a bit, it wasn't always so. For example in both Team A and in senbatsu the screentime was: Accan, Takamina, Mariko, Acchan, Takamina, Tomochin, Acchan, Takamina, Kojiharu, Acchan... and so on. There wasn't so much time spent on the other members and that's not only regarding Akicha. I've began to wonder if we have a question here like the one about the egg and the chicken? Are the top girls getting a lot of screentime because they are popular or are they popular because they've got a lot of screentime? Good question!

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think you definitely need your own "Fun facts with Gotbild" thread!

19. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Ok moderators, should I ask my sometimes strange and curious questions here as usual or create a Gotbild's questions thread?

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Don't get me wrong, I like your questions, it's like a forensic analysis of AKB past.