1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    4ki's song doing well:cute:

2. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Could someone please help me with the names of these members? And what are some of the best songs they are featured in?

if the video does not show watch the video here
    In this variety show, who is speaking at 2:10 from 2 to 3 minutes ? Also, who is featured speaking from 3 to 4 minutes? and from 25:10 to almost 27 minutes? Thank you

Now that it is sad that massive stadium tours seem to be a bittersweet memory from the past, I have been looking back at some of the greatest live performances and this is one of my favorites from the third birthday Nogizaka 46 tour. I think it is the debut performance of Inochi wa Utsukushii" (命は美しい). Everything is so emotionally moving and beautiful from the haunting reveries of the nostalgic vocals with the layered harmonies at the beginning and the gentle tinkling of the piano keys to the rise in tide in the chorus line with the side ways shoulder and hip shake and the swaying arms in unison. And then as it builds to a climax, its drops away to a brief break with the sole enunciation of the piano roll before bursting into the full throated chorus with a lovely harmonious glide into a high falsetto. I love the outfits and even the athletic shoes for fluidity and ease of movement. The loose fitting checkered plaid dresses with a bit of off color compliment of blue, purple, beige and brown blend well in earthy tones that fit the title Life is Beautiful well and again contribute wonderfully to the plasticity and elegant but also groovy kind of unique dancing. This is also a great concert because it really gives an early glimpse into the epic sweep of emotions Nogizaka 46 was capable of from cute, upbeat and innocent tunes like Bicycle and Ode to Shampoo to the contemplative complexity and dreamy revery of Life is Beautiful. I love the fine shot of Nanase and Nanami giving the final sideways stare at the audience in unison in the conclusion. Sorry if I left so many out. I like everyone. I just mentioned a couple to keep it shorter.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    The girl at 2:10 until the third minute is Satou Kaede, from 3 to 4 minutes is Wada Maaya and from 25:10 to almost 27 minutes is Yoda Yuki

Yeah, Inochi wa Utsukushii was a superb song, the piano part was so great, the light remix version from Nogifes event a few month ago also great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Inochi was released after the Nogi crisis, right? The Mattsun and Tomato scandal and they are failed to perform at Kouhaku. Maybe that's the reason why the performance was so emotional. It's like they want to prove themselves that they were still there.

5. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Plus Matsui Rena was there for Inochi so the aura and energy were another level for the whole group. I like that the members were very expressive at the time during dance

6. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I think an important factor is that Japan has the second largest recording market in the world, so Japanese don't need to appeal to international markets outside of Japan, and they are open to more kinds of styles outside the narrow cute, beautiful or cutting edge Bad concept compared to South Korea because there have been more available niches in Japan to fill with the far larger market. I think this is why groups like Twice and Izone have so many Japanese members to gain access to an astronomically larger market nearby. As for musical artists, in South Korea my favorite is IU. I think she is beautiful and really talented and committed with moving ballads that have a wide dynamic range and quirky, cute and sophisticated jazzy type pop, bosa nova, r and b and even some heavily orchestrated type songs. She is self assertive but not in a dominating way. And when I think of my favorite Japanese and overall soloist, Kana Nishino, she is also beautiful and can be really serious, sad with deep roots in R and B, a touch of homespun country and Latin flavor, and kind of a modern sorrowful soul sound that she turns around when she lets herself loose to be upbeat, goofy and down to earth, cute and fun, but she is such a natural that it comes across as genuine. Likewise, I enjoy e how Nogizaka combines a variety of darker and brighter moods as well with words of wisdom in the lyrics like in Sayonara no Imi and Nandome no Aozora ka? . So, beauty can be a double edged sword because someone may not be respected enough for their talent because they are thought to be too beautiful, cute or handsome when the two can often go hand in hand. However, the world has changed dramatically in the last year and looks may grow to play a greater and greater role as fabulous live performances are unfortunately receding into a beautiful memory.

What about singers like Hikaru Utada, Nana Mizuki, Wagakki Group, aiko, Lisa, Manami, Eir Aoi or Reona? I mean they are attractive people but I don't think they focus on the cute or sensual concept to make it. In terms of quality of music, many Japanese songs even from Nogizaka 46 and Kana Nishino's songs for example go on for over 5 minutes and have elaborate melodies, bridges and lyrics. I love the orchestration, complexity, intricacy and sense of going on a journey that many of these songs bring even including electric guitars with strings and pianos, while most Kpop idol songs tend to be only 3 to 3:30. This suggests to me that even in the idol industry Japan can sometimes produce really sophisticated forms of artistic expression and to me Nogizaka 46 has some of the best compositions in this style.

However, I really enjoy a lot of women Korean groups and singers especially IU as a soloist, then TARA, APink- their combination of catchy, cute and sensual dance hits with rich vocals for the moving ballads, along with Red Velvet. And fx for its uniqueness, but I also like more mainstream ones like Twice and some from Black Pink among a number of others. But one thing unique about Japanese music is how it sounds so different than the west. Certainly, the uniqueness and originality mixed with the familiarity of western retro, rock and dance styles is what made me like Nogizaka 46 so much, but what first struck me was the thick rich and beautifully symphonic layering of vocal harmonies, the multiple shades of vocal color and the beautifully choreographed but not overly sensualized dancing, whereas Korean groups often have each member singing separately and while the dancing is often great, I enjoy Nogi's slightly more balletic sophistication.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. nazou

nazou Kenkyuusei

As a listener of both Kpop (IU and Red Velvet fan) and Jpop, I can conclude some points.

Overall I see Kpop as flashy idols, their idol concept is more about perfection and an ideal model to look up while Jpop is about seeing idols growing with flaws and more subtle.

What I highly appreciate in Kpop is their bold music production (not all but I think their songs are more unexpectable in terms of structure at least). On the other hand, what I like in J idol groups is they show that they are a group - they hamonize well and shine as a whole, and J idols are great performers - they are their best on stage (That's the reason why I like Red Velvet, a group with strong vocal hamonization). Kpop with full of solo lines and no hamonization at the chorus is tiring to hear. Maybe it's the philosophy of the Japanese, they appreciate the solidarity and a strong community.

And the lyrics, I don't know why but when I listen to Kpop, I rarely care about lyrics (but it should be noted that top 1 K soloist, IU is famous for her poetic and well written lyrics with limited English words). However, I always tell my friends that Japanese songs are twice better if you know the lyrics. The fact is I like Nogi thanks to the lyrics of Sayonara no Imi. Lyrics-wise, Sayonara no Imi and Influencer (not to mention boomboom things, the lyrics are witty) are two examples of impressive song, especially, Sayonara no Imi, it even changed parts of my worldview.

Thus, imo, what Nogi needs to protect and maybe improve are their hamonization, their lyrics (recent aside lyrics are so so, the way Aki-P tried to express love yourself thing is getting repetitive to me) and their subtle image.

8. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Inochi Wa Utsukushii (Life is Beautiful) was also released around the time that Konno was dealing with or recovered from cancer. Don't know if that mattered for their performance energy, but just bringing it up. In this interview: https://realsound.jp/2016/01/post-5866.html Konno says that Boku Ga Iru Basho from the first album that was released in January 2015 seemed to be AkiP writing about him. Inochi was released in March 2015, so it's not too wild to speculate that that was also part of the same theme.

• Informative Informative x 8
  9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I always nod akiP as sort of existentialist, or he did understand and caught the niche of it in the market. never thought he would write such stuff specifically for another person.

10. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I was wondering why Wakatsuki Yumi never took more center stage in performances or in videos since she played such a great lead character in this video, though Mai, Erika, Azuka and Rina were also fantastic. I also thought the stripes on the right side of her hair were a really unique hairstyle.

Also I was wondering why Erika Ikuta wasn't in the center more since she has such a marvelous voice, compelling presence, and did such a great job acting in the video for "Nandome no Aozora ka?" (何度目の青空か?)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  11. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Nogizaka46 and JA (Japan Agricultural Co-operatives) Group launch a joint campaign to support Japan agricultural production during the Coronavirus Pandemic, the campaign aims to promote people to consume locally-produced food.

The campaign has its ads on Asashi newspaper (24 December 2020), and official web page: https://www.asahi.com/ads/nogizaka46ja/ (24 December 2020 to 30 April 2021).

• Matsumura Sayuri recommends Rice
    • Ikuta Erika recommends Meat
    • Kubo Shiori recommends Milk
    • Umezawa Minami recommends Fruit
    • Ozono Momoko recommends Vegetable
    • Takayama Kazumi recommends Tea
    • Saito Asuka recommends Flower (Remarks: She DOES NOT recommend people to eat flower, she just thinks flower is relaxing and give people a refreshing.)
    nogizaka46-ja-group-food.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    • Ikuta Erika recommends Meat
    That should be their new slogan. [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I am waiting for Junna. Most likely, she will recommend 芋焼酒 (Barley Shouchu).

14. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

do you ever watch otaga denai guitar ? she is the icon of that mv with nanase but i do believe that people who watched it will ask something like that who is the girl whom play drum

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    Meat. It's what Ikuta Erika recommends.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think it more had to do with the group image. Management preferred the others more. It would've been many different songs than the ones we've gotten used to if Ikuta had more centers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nogizaka46 's Manatsu Akimoto, Yuuki Yoda, and Shiori Kubo will broadcast on January 2, 2021 on Yomiuri TV and Nippon TV's "Hamada is a luxury guest and a new year's explosive buying tour at a specialty store! If you're unlucky, you'll be self-sufficient SP ”(16: 00-17: 55).

Akimoto, Yoda, and Kubo who appeared as the fourth group of guests. Draw a "Omisekuji" and go to a cuckoo clock specialty store in Nihonbashi. Captain Akimoto has a habit of being late, and other members complain. She wants to buy a watch that will get her up in the morning for the sake of the group's well-being.

Arrived at Japan's largest cuckoo clock store with more than 100 exhibits. When the members enter the store, they are cute. The store's recommended small cuckoo clock, about the size of a bird's nest in the 20,000 yen range, is designed for girls with a Bambi and heart design. The most popular watch in the 70,000 yen range is the type in which a small train comes out of the tunnel every time signal. In addition, we decided to choose from a total of four types of old-fashioned hand-wound watches in the 90,000 yen range. What will Akimoto emphasize, the cuteness of the appearance, the sound of measures against late habits, or the amount of money! ??

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 3.55.47 PM.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2364049

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Anyone have streaming for Mste right now? The one im using now not so smooth.
    Please message me the link if u have, thank you in advance.

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    What a weird article. They are always cute!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Ugghh. Why they gotta perform R246 tonight? Still not feeling this song. Horichan looks like she’s been crying backstage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1