1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest .... you pose questions ... and you often even get answers ...
    I suspect this is what this thread is there for ;)

mind you, this is, for now, my personal opinion ... so disregard the yellow thingy on my profile for now

2. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @dutchie Ok, I proceed in the same thread. I've been wondering about this question for a while myself.

Next question. I'm still in Saitama super arena. What happened to Jurina on day 2? She didn't looked very well at the end. Was the concurrent position in Team K too much for her?
    jurina.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She had a panic attack during the announcement. Remember that before this there wasn't a concept of concurrent group membership, she thought it was a full transfer and started hyperventilating. Cue panic from the members and togasaki's "oh shut I dun messed this up" face

• Like Like x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've found an English-language article from Tokyo Hive dated 2012/04/04 (a week or so later) which says "On April 4th, SKE48's official blog announced that member Matsui Jurina has been hospitalized to recover from overwork and fatigue" so I think her health wasn't very good at the time and I'd guess that might have contributed to her panic attack.

https://www.tokyohive.com/article/2012/04/ske48s-matsui-jurina-hospitalized-for-fatigue

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    whatever you think of Jurina .... she always seemed to give it her all .... sometimes in a scary sort of way to be honest

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

While the top girls from Original Team A had certainly amassed some popularity before 2009 something worth mentioning about AKB's promotions via their songs music videos vs television lives is that they've often had over the years videos with a very story based approach rather than the whole Dance Shots mixed with some Scenic Solo/Duo/Trio Shots that are common for other idol groups. Their music videos pretty much became a matter of if you don't have a major role in the story you're out of luck as a result and it was only quite recently that they began moving away from prioritizing the story being told over giving everyone ample screentime (legit they started doing so circa 2015 and only part of the time).

I've got to admit having seen their music videos over the years that most of the girls who ended up ignored didn't have the acting chops at the time nor have they garnered them since then for me to have made different choices too often if I had any authority. About the only one I do think got too much time based strictly on her acting chops in early years is Maeda Atsuko. She's gotten way better over the years, but particularly in anything from before 2010 her acting in AKB videos is quite a fair bit cringeworthy (I.E Her acting in the Namida Surprise video is very stilted and she even seems uncomfortable at times). Anyway, having some solid pre-existing popularity to springboard off of when the group's boom happened was what elevated those remaining Original Team A girls to the next level.

Girls like Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Kasai Tomomi, Watanabe Mayu, and Kashiwagi Yuki saw similar benefits. For girls like Sashihara Rino, Kitahara Rie, Takajo Aki, and so on it was an uphill battle because they had less solid a pre-existing popularity to springboard from. When it comes to television lives the folks at each show they featured on were ultimately the ones to decide who the camera would focus on most and unfortunately the girls on the underbelly of Senbatsu could never win that war either.

Following up on their over-abundant presence in the music videos and camera focus in television lives, also being pushed consistently across as many fields as possible also ultimately ensured those remaining top girls from Original Team A and their contemporaries from Original Team K and Original Team B could never fall by the wayside and truly lose their popularity.

7. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Reveen @David61 @dutchie Thanks, then I was right. My opinion it that management was pushing her too hard. She was only 11 when she debuted in July 2008 and already 3 month later she was center in Oogoe diamond, and this continued. I have nothing against her but the less I see her the better. Sometimes she's everywhere. Let's forget the Janken rig. Regarding Saitama concert she was absent from the whole day 3 except for Soredemo suki da yo. Her place in Baby Blossom Band was taken over by Akimoto Sayaka.

@Dragonkiller12012 True words. There were top girls and there were theater girls, even those in lower senbatsu. Maybe that's the reason for the declining of AKB48, when the top girls started to graduate the girls below couldn't fill the gap and take over because they hadn't been pushed enough.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest, from a clip I saw where Jurina addressed her team (virtually urging them to destroy/replace AKB) I don't think management needed to push her, that was borderline fanatical (and as I said, rather scary)
    (management did push her (hard) in other ways, as we all know, and I don't think in the end it did her much good personally, just created a bunch of haters as response, as with any girl that get's a mega push, action is reaction)
    There have been plenty of younger member that got pushed so hard that it made your head spin.
    But the difference is that the older gens had the time to develop and find their own niche and were, by the time 2012 came around, firmly established names.
    And somehow talent never 'bubbled' up naturally anymore, it was almost always a, most of the time not very subtle, push.

for all other members it was an almost impossible uphill struggle

and then there's the whole thing that the dynamic changes when you're a well established group, you'll attract, for a part, an other kind of girl with another goal for their future.
    the original gens joined a small independent fringe group ... their goal was to make it big
    for sure AKB now has girls who's goal it was to just be in AKB

9. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I know. I would say first Yuihan, then Paruru and later on for example Mion, Sayaya and more. They jumped over 4th-7th generation. But the younger girls came in too fast as you are saying.

10. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I have another question from Saitama concert. AKB performed 2 songs from the not yet released single Manatsu no sounds good, it come 2 month later. The title song and also Gugutasu no sora. I wonder about the scene clothes for Gugutasu, they were not the same as those on the single MV and all later performances. Why? Here is one example from Saitama and one from the MV.
    gugu2.jpg gugu1.jpg
    The answer might only be speculations but is there someone who knows the answer? Is this common?

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Different outfits for a concert? Yes.

12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's not that uncommon if you paid enough attention.
    They tend to use 2 maybe 3 outfits.

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here is a case of three.

download (1).jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.16.22 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.12.51 PM.jpg

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Didn't the music video video feature both the black and the white costumes (or at least white costumes similar to these?)

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Yes, but with wings on. However, you are forgetting perhaps the ugliest costumes in AKB history (although there could be a lot of debate). I don't know if they ever wore these in concert.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.49.46 PM.jpg

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, the costumes for Densetsu no Sakana are a close contender, with those weird plastic skirts imho ....the overkill in lasers didn't help either

or kaze wa fuiteru .... :/

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  17. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Ahem. Every variant of this monstrosity.

[​IMG]

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Disagree. My grandkids loved that song, although the youngest was afraid they were going to be chopped up in the blender.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    If we want to make this into a cringeworthy costume thread I raise you with Tokimeki Antique

20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Nothing tops that one time AKB put some of their more attractive members in toilet paper rolls.

Except Sugar Rush.
    Got to go to Hakata to out ugly SR's "outfits".