1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    She just reacts surprised as Paruru starts down the stairs too early .... there is imho really no sign of a death stare ... it's just .... "whoa ... what are you doing! ... wait! ... oh, well ...."

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    The idol equivalent of this meme

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not sure how trustworthy this article is

https://news.nifty.com/article/entame/showbizd/12156-814477/

It claims Yukirin invited Mayu to dinner back in November 2019, but Mayu was really busy and that Mayu had been saying "I want to be active in entertainment for another 30 years." So her retirement seemed very abrupt. It also notes that Mayu stopped showing up for work, such as UTAGE, back in late January/early February. It seems that she retired because of germaphobia and she was terrified to catch the virus, so she eventually graduated when the virus wasn't backing off still by June.

Any Mayu oshis who can confirm or deny whether Mayu is a germaphobe? She looks to me like the type to be anxious of germs, but that's purely based on reactions I've witnessed to certain stuff back on AKBingo... which is not necessarily accurate and also super old.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    to be honest, the article doesn't really claim to be trustworthy ... and it's a lot of assumptions leading up to a conclusion.
    but if indeed Mayuyu is a germaphobe, well, that might indeed explain her withdrawal from the public eye and to be honest I can't even blame her.
    (I'm not a germaphobe, but I have been working from home, and have only been visiting my parent for the last 7 months now, having my shopping delivered etc. my father is 91 and my mom 80 .. I've had had sarciodosis in the past, I'm not taking any chances)

on another note, that might even be interpreted as 'good' news for her fans, as that might mean she will resume her activities when the pandemic abates.

anyway ... linking statements from 2014 to a remark from Yukirin in December and an illness in Februari/March .... it doesn't add much to the 'germaphobe' speculation (which might be true though)

5. Ghinaa Febriana

Ghinaa Febriana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mayuyu, hiichan
    wonder what is mayuyu doing now?:(
    is she okay?
    is there any chance she back to Entertainment industry?:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Unfortunately it really feels like people disappear from the face of the earth if they graduated from the entertainment industry so I haven't heard from Mayu in months. My only hope is that she'll be willing to appear at Yukirin's graduation concert/stage, whenever that may be. For the sake of Yuki, I would be happy to wait another couple of years, but I'd love to see Mayu again, too. It would be really sad if she didn't appear for Yuki

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

It's funny. Now that the wonderful folks here at Stage 48 have turned me on to watching subtitled Japanese movies on 'viki', I find myself thinking a lot about Mayuyu in different movie and TV roles. I'm watching 'Sumika Sumire' at the moment (a TV series that co-stars Akimoto, by the way) and there is a beautiful young actress playing the lead role. She does a wonderful job but I can't help thinking how absolutely perfect Mayuyu would be in that role. I mean, it seems like that part was written with Mayuyu in mind........... Oh, well. Like you, I hope our Queen is happy and healthy these days.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Mayuyu is now available on Spotify (not sure if in every country but certainly here in the UK):
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/404KSG1w1GP0oWwWeT8ZIt

mwspot.jpg

I can see the 14 tracks from the regular edition of 'Best Regards' plus every type of each single back to 'Synchro Tokimeki'.

• Like Like x 4
  9. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I'm afraid the only chance we will ever see Mayuyu again would be at Yukirin's gradcon.

Though I do hope she can make a comeback to the entertainment industry, but whatever that makes her happy is the most important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I'm sure everyone here already knows this (since I'm always the last guy to find this stuff) but I was looking for Japanese movies on viki and I found a TV series that Myuyu was in a few years ago. It's called ''Good-bye Enari-kun'' and it's subtitled, free and on viki. I don't if it's any good, but, who cares, it stars Mayuyu.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

I recently saw this video and I wanted to share it, it's an edited version of Manatsu no Sounds Good performances with a focus on Mayuyu, with all the Mayuyu close-up! She looks really pretty and cute and this song is so cheerful and happy, I love this! Good times ;w; <3 I'm glad that there are still active Mayuyu fans who post past content of her online, so nice to see <3

• Like Like x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The account doesn't show many other videos, but there are videos like these of every single from Iiwake Maybe up to 11gatsu no Anklet. I think the person intentionally used different accounts because of copyright stuff? Just type in "まゆゆこと渡辺麻友推しのための" or "まゆゆこと渡辺麻友推しカメラ" and whatever A-side you're looking for. Even if it's different accounts, all of them will say "ksrhyde" in the title of the video.

Here are some more

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  14. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    i think it aint her altho it's hard to imagine a beauty of mayuyu's caliber staying single all this time.
    wouldn't be surprise if she's someone else's wife by now

15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well being beautiful is a thing. Being in a relationship tho, it's a choice [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    True , still you know how persistent bees can be in the presence of a beautify flower lol.
    Also, having a second look at the photo, the bride seems to have a mole on her neck (not sure if it's just a random noise) also the chin does indeed look like mayuyus, so idk lol

17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I don't think Harugon was ever that close to Mayuyu. If Mayuyu were to marry you'd think it is was more plausible to we'd hear something from Yukirin instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For me the only things in common are the black hair and skin color... But that's common so it could also just be anyone... Besides I have doubts that Harugon would share if it's Mayuyu, considering Mayuyu retired, other members would probably avoid sharing a picture or informations even if it's blurred. and I believe Mayuyu wouldn't want any picture shared either, she retired after all. For me there is really low chance that it's Mayuyu...

Regardless, whenever Mayuyu gets married, I'll be happy for her (though I doubt we'll ever know about it). I wish her only happiness ;w;

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Harugon was at Mayuyu's grad stage on 2017/12/26:

[​IMG]

However I agree that Yukirin would have said something about a wedding.

20. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Funny thing is I shared the picture to my friend and she said the figure standing second from left resembles Yukirin's figure [hehe]