[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I heard a rumor this will be the last time they perform this song for this year :lol:

It would've been great if they performed the new single. Oh well, Merry Christmas Wow Wow, I mean Ho Ho Ho . . .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    R246?? i never listen fully that song. guess what? they should perform wilderness world because that song literally what an edm dance should be. lyric seems fine, no weird pace, no bad engrish and its edm is hella catchy. i hope for a good dance. urghh.

3. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Yoakemade was one of the first songs I heard and really liked by Nogizaka 46. The melodic string opening is dramatic and classic and the rise in pitch in the svocal harmonies is really pleasing and truly beautiful in the chorus culminating in the Hey, and hearing it live in a large arena with the mainly male fans shouting Hey and improvising their own chants to go along with it adds an anthemic element resembling an athletic event like being at a football game, which helps me reminisce about bygone live events with an audience. The song also reminds me of a more contemplative or serious version of the upbeat Hadashi De Summer which has an uplifting chorus with massive chanting from the audience as well. Compared to most light weight summer fun songs, it has a lot more dynamic range in vocal delivery and builds to an exiting climax.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I like Yoakemade as well. Some notes remind me of Castlevania music. :)

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NyanNyan's Pet

Oops, guess the rumor I heard is not true. Hello Kouhaku. :^O^:

I got no problem with the song to be honest. There are worst songs for me than Route246 but they have performed it way too much already. Anyway, I read they'll do Disney medley again. Can't do without Disney.

6. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

it is amazing to me how the video for Sayonara no Imi fits so well with the events in Nanami's life because after she has already taken flight the last vision of her is in the mind of Nanase, who imagines her sitting at the window smiling and no longer crying as she did on the island separated from the rest of world, as Nanase gazes at her with a trace of sorrow and wonder through the lenses of her glasses and the falling rain against the gray sky: a teary reflection of isolation that becomes unification when they dance as one until the final separation. They will always be the most mysterious members to me and without a word said between them they, along with the group, delivered a masterpiece in music and acting upon Nanami's departure. I guess the song and video hit me a lot harder because they both had already graduated the first time I saw it and it appears neither will ever sing or dance again especially in front of a big audience with the changes in the world that have taken place. This is the bittersweet meaning and memory of goodbye indeed like the graduation graffiti left to remember them singing and dancing together, as the train leaves this station of time behind and their voices echo in a tunnel far down the rail line.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    That's why the song was very popular among Nogi fans that it got voted #1 for Fan's Best Songs in NogiChuu. It managed to compete with both Harujion and Hadashide Summer that came out the same year. 2016 was a good year overall.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Thanks for telling me about that video and rock song. I liked it but expected Azuka to be the drummer. By chance, I found a fabulous video and a TV performance of Mekuchi no Lion in which Wakatsuki Yumi plays a major role in helping an alienated student at school, Nanase, feel welcome, much like Erika Ikuta did in making the new boy feel at home when he is assigned to an all girl class (what are the chances of this happening) in "Nandome no Aozora ka? The marvelous lineup for Mekuchi no Lion also includes Ikoma Rina, Inoue Sayuri, Saito Yuri, Sakurai Reika, and Hoshino Minami.

I was super impressed with how memorable the melody and harmonies are in Mekuchi no Lion with kind of a vintage old school melancholy mixed with happiness updated for the modern day with cell phones and kindness to an outsider bridging the distance in friendship. I love the lyrics too that suggests it's ok to cry if you sit brooding in rage because a brighter, golden day like the lion's mane awaits you on the future horizon.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Silent lion

What are you thinking about?

While gazing into the distance…

Hiding your loneliness

You have to be strong

You look so sad

It’s okay to cry when you want to

Even when your tears spill over

You’re still a king

If we could be reborn

Into another form

I think anyone

Would surely choose yours

Ah, your mane

Sparkles with gold

It’s the proof of your destiny

So that you can be yourself…

(Who am I?)

Silent lion

You won’t roar today, either?

You sit still as usual

At times you should be

Growling threats at someone

That’s your instinct

There’s no point to self-loathing

It’s your job

To live strong

If you were a little bird

Though you would fly freely

No one would fear you

You would yield to anyone

Ah, as if staring down your prey

That gaze of yours

Is like being commanded by God

So that you can be yourself…

• Like Like x 3
  9. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I love that song. I also miss those long-form story music videos, they made a bunch of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    62nd Japan Record Awards

Lisa, Little Glee then Nogichans finally

11. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^I'm glad they are performing Sekai Rin instead of R246.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NyanNyan's Pet

That was a nice performance. Complete 1st and 2nd gen line-up with six 3rd and three 4th gen.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The JRA stage is always better than Kouhaku imo, probably due to live music.
    Also nice to see Iku x Ashu w-center :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  15. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    When replying to the thread, suddenly reminiscing about the past when Kawago-P centered Harujion for first time at Jingu Stadium in 2016. Here you go below for anyone interested from YT :^^;:

• Like Like x 3
  16. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    2016 was a really, really good year for Nogizaka, musically.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I am also happy they did Sekai Rin at JRA instead. I enjoyed the lovely resonance in Nogi's harmonies and thought they did really well filling in for the members in the original who weren't there. The woodwinds added a wonderful flourish to the sound. These are the versions I could find, since the one posted from youtube has been removed.
    with interview:

https://www.bilibili.com/vtedeo/BV1pa4y1p7DE/?spm_id_from=trigger_reload

Without interview a little louder and fuller sound:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1pa4y1p7DE/?p=3

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka