1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sugahara Riko (Rittan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Sure thing, here it is:
    ---

[​IMG]

I, Sugahara Riko [​IMG], have now reached my 19th birthday~ [​IMG]

I'll say it again: I'm truly happy that yesterday I could give the glad news of *my theater acting performance being confirmed [​IMG]* to everyone of my fans who always keep supporting me. [​IMG]

And the reason is, even though everyone would always reply back to me with heartfelt comments, encouraging me and cheering me up, I would imagine they must have also felt worried and anxious in many ways... [​IMG]

Even just picturing everyone while being like "Oh, they must be smiling right at this moment? [​IMG]" is enough to make me overjoyed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To receive from everyone of you such words brimming over with affection, to make it to the starting point of my 19th year with feelings full of happiness -- this is to me, more so than anything else, the greatest birthday present ever. [​IMG]

What I am right now, I truly owe it to everyone of you. [​IMG]

And it is to make all of you, my dearest, smile more and more, that I'm going to roll up my sleeves and go on to work hard on the rehearsals from here on. [​IMG]

Everyone, as always, as always, thank you very much. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Riko Sugahara, who graduated from NGT48 in May , made a presentation on the production announcement of the stage “Innocent Lie: Every Day is April Fool” in Tokyo on the 3rd. It became the first public place after graduation.

This work is a situation comedy written by Yukiki Mitani in 1996 for “Theatrical company Tokyo Vaudeville Show”. Sugahara will perform as the main character, Sato B Kenshiro's daughter, Chiyomi. The film will be the first stage after graduating from NGT48.

In the production announcement, “I think Chiyomi is an honest and pure girl of the family, so I want to practice more and closer. I have to study for the second time. So, I'll do my best to learn from the gorgeous cast members so that they can perform better in production, "Sugawara said.

Even in the coverage, “I'm more nervous, but I ’m going to look at your performance and study and make it your own,” says Sato. “I think it ’s difficult for me to play alone (laughs),”

8XqUPw_2enPVWyt5ib9nfPqv5gtlwGLPu2j80AG-spc.jpg

86YCK-gzCAaZfd4XnGh5-6zAggdsF6He5pXE7jRLMjc.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1905328

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Interesting small interview with Riko from a few days ago, on occasion of the promotion theater play. There have actually been some other interviews released around the same period, but this is one I found pretty nice for the references in the questions. I put the links to each respective tweet they are referring to directly into the text, for convenience's sake.
    ---

Sugahara Riko, Theater play to start in 2020: “I want to expand the range of my acting”

[​IMG]

After graduating from NGT48 this May and transferring to Avex Management in July, for Sugahara Riko, aka “Rittan”, the horizon of her activities has grown wider and wider, between her cooking streaming program and her actress job.

Now her acting appearance as part of the leading cast has been set, in what will be the first theater play for Sugahara since transferring in: “Tsumi no Nai Uso ~ Mainichi ga April Fools~”. We went to meet Sugahara directly to hear her talk about it.

[​IMG]

-- “Tsumi no Nai Uso” is a production originally based on Mitani Kouki-san’s famous comedy work “Apache Toride no Koubou“; what was your impression of it when you first came in contact to this work?

Once I finally had the chance of reading the scenario booklet, I though to myself “What an amusing feeling it has about it, this sure is an extremely good work”. Of course, there’s moments for laughs in it, as there are parts for humorous repartees inside: in short, it’s a work chock-full of must-see scenes, that’s the impression I have of it.

-- With “Tsumi no Nai Uso” having a beyond prestigious cast of appearing actors, how was the atmosphere like at the introductory meeting and the announcement conference?

Back in the beginning I did feel nervous as well, but with everyone being willing to speak up to me, and having all manners of talk together, in other words giving me their care, even such nervousness immediately eased down. The working place is really fun, everyone in there are all sweet people. The impression I got about everyone is “What class they have~”, truly speaking. I felt myself overwhelmed by it, and I couldn’t help wondering: “Should I be in this place, separated from others?”

-- But Sugahara-san also has a great class of her own, actually! Speaking of the theater play, the announcement for its production was not so long ago, what phase are you in, regarding the actual rehearsals schedule and such?

Rehearsals proper have yet to begin, but during this period of time, we are at the phase where we would read thoroughly into the script booklets, day after day. Besides, I… well, reading characters is… kanjis are not really my forte, actually! So for this reason, I have been starting from the job of placing furigana notations over that. (laugh) At present we have already begun with doing recital-only rehearsals, though, and the script is gradually making its way into my memory.

-- The sense of tension while on the theater stage is a special one, I feel. So, can you tell us if you have a way to refresh your spirit and relax before undertaking it, and what is it?

Personally speaking, when I would feel nervous, I tend to listen to the music I love while at home, before heading to the workplace. Doing so tranquillizes my mind and allows me to say “A’ight!” and go on and get working, that’s how my “mind gets in an all-okay state”. (laugh) As for the music genres, I love those with a uptempo melodies, I would often listen to LiSA-san’s songs. Apart from that, there’s also MISIA-san’s songs I listen too, basically I tend to listen to a wide variety of genres.

-- On your Twitter account, there was an anecdote where you went out eating together with Horiguchi Sana-san from the Gekidan 4 Dollars & 50 Cents, and received advices from her while at it. For what it’s possible to be said here, can you tell us what kind of advices it was?

Thank you! That one time was amazing. At first there was a question of which way to go when it comes to memorizing one’s lines, “Remembering by eyes, or remembering by ear?”. Since I am the sort of type that memorizes from listening to it, I replied with “Remembering by ear”, and at this point, in a readily understandable way, she gave me an explanation on what methods you can remember by ear! She’s a fantastic person, an older sister kind of presence that I have high respect for. I have already received another invitation for the next dinner party together, so I can’t wait for what’ll be here on!

-- It also was a topic of interest the way you said “Normally I tend to get moving one hour and a half in advance”: some days ago, you ended up taking the wrong train and went to opposite of the intended direction in Saitama, instead of Daikanyama, but nonetheless you still managed to make it to the scheduled meeting time. All told, is such an one hour and a half of headstart the right enough amount for Sugahara-san?

So you looked also into that kind of information. (laugh) It’s that I think that, no matter what goes on and when it is, I need to get moving in a way that’ll always leave me with some extra time at my disposal, since there are many times I would ride the wrong train like that, or mistake it for the right one… But, well, it’s too confusing. Inside my own head, that is. (laugh)

-- It’s passing a bit too fast, but even this year is reaching its end at last. I imagine that for Sugahara-san, the year 2019 was one that had various kinds of happenings taking place; how was it, looking back at it?

2019 was one year in which the environment I am in changed drastically, and also represented my “first baby step”, in the way of starting activities on my own. For this reason, the picture I have of it is that it turned out to be a year with many first-time experiences. And, phew, it was also a year loaded with tension. (laugh)

-- That means it was also a year with many moments where you had to make “your mind all-okay” with the help of music, right?

Right. It was really days after days where I would listen to music and ease off my mind before going outside, pretty much on a daily basis.

-- Season-wise, it’s almost time for Christmas already. How do you tend to spend Christmas time, normally?

Back when I was little I would make snowmen and build a small snow hut together with my family, basically spending the Christmas season like this. I imagined that after I had grown up all of this desire to go play with snow would have sort of vanished, but, as it turns out, now I want to do it again! Also, I also did imagine how, as I got older, I wouldn’t receive Christmas presents anymore, but even on that point, it still kept continuing! Still… For some reason or another it’s only last year that they stopped coming… (laugh)

-- (laugh) About that, it seems this year’s Christmas is about to be the decisive one. Did Santa Claus decide to treat Sugahara-san as a grown-up, or did he just forget about his job last year?

I’ve got to wonder if I didn’t just reach that age where they wouldn’t be delivered to me anymore. (laugh)

-- While on topic of presents, on the birthday you had just some time back, an impressive number of presents were given to you!

I was really happy for that! There’re also many people who attached message cards along with it, and so by opening them, they would then play the “Happy birthday to you” song, as a kind of surprise! Everyone was just so warm and affectionate I ended up feeling blissful at it.

-- And then, 2020 is also about to start already. If you have any wishes like “Next year, I want it to turn it this way”, or “I want to try my hand at this or that thing”, can you tell us?

As for the very beginning of 2020, of course, it’ll be time for the theater play! Since I’ll be starting from this one theater play, I’d like to thus expand my horizons in terms of acting jobs. There’re some roles I feel like wanting to act in, individually speaking. Roles in which I can make practical use of dance, which I’m an expert at, and then I’d like to give a try with something involving actions too. And then, what else… I have this wish, about “How much I want to wield a sword”.

-- That’s very nice! I’ll go a little back in time with this, but the Halloween cosplay you did also looked spectacular on you!

That means you went as far as to look into those photos? (laugh) But, to continue, as for a field separated from acting, I’d like also to perform some dancing, I would also like to tackle variety shows as well. I also feel it would be great if I could get to engage in a job where I could use just my voice alone, too.

-- This one is going to be the last question, but the first big job to ring in the start of the year is going to be “Tsumi no Nai Uso ~ Mainichi ga April Fools ~”. Can you tell us what Sugahara-san thinks are the highlights and what makes it charming?

This one is a story that begins from a tiny little lie that Kaburagi Kenshirou, who always feels for his own family and is played by Sato B-saku-san, came up for the sake of her daughter Chiyomi, who I instead have the privilege to play as. It’s from actually an innocent lie that the story then develops; there will of course be a fair share of heartwarming laughs, but also lots of emotional and thrilling feelings to it, and while at it there’ll be an ending waiting for last that’ll have you saying “Ooooooh!!”. I’m convinced this is going to be a comedy play that everyone who’ll get acquainted with may be left thinking “How good it was~!”, so please come all the way to the theater!

---
    Source: https://news.dwango.jp/entertainment/44115-1912

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Coming back again to contribute with one more choice translation of another interview with Riko. This time it's one published yesterday on The Television's homepage, and also more centered on discussing the stage play.
    ---

Former NGT48 member Sugahara Riko: thanks to “Your Turn~” I could study on the “body language as a grown-up actress”

[​IMG]

Former NGT48 member Sugahara Riko is going to perform in the new theater play starring Sato B-saku as main actor, “Tsumi no Nai Uso ~ Mainichi ga April Fools ~”, to be played in 6 cities across the country starting from January 9, 2020 (Thursday)

With the source work being the situation comedy “Apache Toride no Koubou” authored by Mitani Kouki in 1996 for the Gekidan Tokyo Vaudeville Show, this is an entertainment piece that will go back on stage for the first time in 9 years and a half, on this occasion.

Sugahara will be handling an essential role which will serve to set the whole story in motion: Chiyomi, the daughter who is thinking of introducing her fiancee to her father, played by Sato himself.

Not wanting to let it be known that due to being saddled with debts he had to end up selling just some days prior the same apartment in which he had once lived, her father decides to think up a way to sneak into that apartment to get to meet his daughter and her fiancee. However, there’ll be a multitude of people who’ll show up there, and with such a chaotic situation developing larger and larger, a tale that is trademark of Mitani’s productions will thus unravel.

What are Sugahara’s expectations about today’s production, in what will be her first theater play since graduating from NGT48?

My parents would refer to myself as “Chiyomi”, now

-- At the press conference, you commented how “I want to take a look at the acting of all the co-starring actors and study from them”, to which Sato B-saku-san then quipped at you that “I guess we can’t afford all this leisure (laugh)”, right. Saying it in all honesty, did you get scared by it a little bit?

Oh, no. not at all. Actually, after receiving that remark I thought to myself it was exactly as he said. (laugh) I instead consider them as words to be happy about, I’m feeling really grateful at it.

-- Also at the same conference everyone showed up on the stage in traditional Japanese clothes.

Wearing kimonos like that was a first time for me, so there was a fresh feeling I had about it. It was actually a very refined kimono that I was wearing, so much so I was there thinking “Am I actually worthy of wearing it?”. But once I posted the photos on my Twitter account, it garnered so many comments from all my fans, saying “It certainly suits you!”, that in the end it felt gratifying to have worn it.

That made me think how I too have become an adult that looks fitting in a kimono. Even though I turned 19 just last November 11...

-- Being this a theater play with lines typical of Mitani Kouki-san’s style, it seems like the script booklets are pretty lines-heavy too, correct?

True, true. They are seriously massive. It’s the first time for me to receive such a tome of a play script. Since I don’t tend to read even normal books that often, I found myself thinking how bulky a script it is. And since the rhythm at which the lines are spoken is astounding, I feel also a little worried about it (laugh), as in “Can I manage to speak well enough along with the pace, myself”?

I guess there are many people holding a fluffy image of my normal self, but I had been thinking how maybe I show better watch drama and such like, and learn from that about what gestures and speaking style would give off a more mature feel to me, now.

Even recently, while watching the older female actresses on “Anata no Ban desu [English title: Your Turn to Kill]” (2019, Nippon TV network) I took to researching on it, in the way of “I see, if I too do this gesture or body movement, I can get to look more mature myself”.

-- So, your character role happens to be the one which sparks the entire story into motion, right.

That’s correct! When I got to meet with B-saku-san just before the press conference was held, I got told by him “This one is a very important role, one which leads the entire play to unfold, so -- let’s give our best together, alright?”. While I felt overcome by these words, at the same time it also served as an incitement allowing me to think “Yeah, let’s give my best effort!”. Though, right now there’s a whole mountain of pressure towering before my own eyes, anyways...

-- I can only imagine that, for any woman, introducing your fiancee to your own father must be the situation she would feel the most stressful about. Although of course, Sugahara-san herself never lived through such an experience, I guess...

I haven’t, I haven’t at all. (laugh) And then, this is also a role that is also slightly older in age than I personally am. It may be a first experience for me, but I’m feeling eager to act it out all the while drawing on the fact that this is a first for me, if anything. Even considering that I’m convinced this must be a first-time experience even for Chiyomi herself.

-- What was your impression of the role of Chiyomi, anyway?

Reading the script booklet, it came off to me as being a girl who is thoughtful of her own family, a really frank and upright one as well. I also feel how I too need to get myself closer and closer to the figure of Chiyomi, and so I am making it a point to change my own mentality, starting from my everyday activities.

-- What do you refer to, concretely speaking?

Well, after receiving talks about today’s theater play, my parents even came to refer to myself as “Chiyomi”, now. As such, that also allows me to make the mental preparations necessary for acting as Chiyomi ...or so I hope. (laugh)

-- As we are dealing with a comedy, is making people laugh your strong suit? A while ago, you have also spoken of how “I would make others laugh even though I have no intention to”.

Aaah, that happens not too rarely. (laugh) Despite how I have in mind of speaking with real intentions… I hope that, through the script’s lines this time, I can draw a fair share of laughs out of the audience, then.

[​IMG]

Having been active singing and dancing in the past, I am confident in my physical prowess and breathing capacity

-- This stage play will be the second one since “Romeo & Juliet” by Gekidan Renacchi. That time it was a large-scope production, between Shakespeare as its source work, and Tsutsumi Yukihiko-san being in charge of the stage direction.

It certainly was! I felt so nervous about it, but the story of Romeo & Juliet was one that I loved, so I was ecstatic about it at the same time. Just as I was wondering what role would be assigned to me, it turned out it was a male role, one that is thus the complete opposite of me in terms of gender. But regardless, I felt how it would be rewarding to act in it: since normally I am being told that I have a high-pitched tone, I took to doing training to give off a low-tonality voice.

-- What was the impression of that theater play that you felt back at the time?

I couldn’t help feeling how fantastic it is to aim all together toward one single objective and create something of good quality while at it. It is then, that the feeling of wanting to stand once again on a theater play’s stage began to sprout up.

-- Did you have aspirations of becoming an actress since before?

I used to watch dramas and movies ever since I was little, and I dreamed of it. Takei Emi-san, Kawaei Rina-san, Hamabe Minami-san. All of them, they have class about themselves, and are shining out in what they do, not to mention that their acting skills are also superb, so I hold all of them in great esteem.

-- Since the theater play will start not long after the beginning of the year, I think maybe the mood now is not one to spend the New Year holidays leisurely.

I know… Still, to be able to spend the turn of the year together with all the co-actors in the cast doing rehearsals has an unexplainable sensation about it, as well as an enjoyable feeling.

-- Speaking of which, how do you tend to celebrate the New Year usually?

We would pay a visit to my grandma’s home, every year we would have a certain dish called Hors D’oeuvre. That is, once we get eating, we then plan to wait together for the next year to come while at it. It would be nice if even this year around I could get myself a refill of power over there, before heading into the theater stage.

-- Can you tell about your activities from here on?

This goes also for acting, but I wish I can go on to conduct a wide range of jobs on multiple genres: musical activities, as well as a variety guest. Even when it comes to the theater acting, working as a kind of voice actress using my voice only and such...

-- On Cook Pad, you have also a video streaming show about cooking (Rittan no Akogare Kare Gohan)

That’s so. Preparing food is the field I’m most bad at, but thankfully enough I still received an offer for it somehow. There’s a very lot of things I could take a lesson from, so I’m filled with much gratitude for it.

Because, when it comes to making food I’m pretty bad, and I mean it. Once, when I had to peel off potatoes, I had no idea which way I was supposed to remove the sprouts, so I ended up doing it by hand. At this point they informed me that “You should better remove them with the ring part of the peeler”, and there I realized “So that’s what it’s put there for!“ -- that’s about the level of it.

-- Now, unlike on-stream programs, this one will be a live theater acting performance where no mistakes are allowed, instead.

Back at the time of my previous theater play, there were also some instances where I didn’t know anymore what I should have been saying, midway through, and had to resort to ad-libbing my own lines. However, the girl whose role was my speaking partner responded to it pretty skillfully; I had to thank her for that inside of my heart. (laugh)

-- She surely had the flexibility to handle those emergency moments.

That’s so, thinking of it? But I’ll make sure such a thing will never happen again this time around. (laugh)

-- With that said, leaving it for last, please give us once again a promotional message for the theater play.

There’ll be laughs, as there will be also more serious and melancholic moments: it’s a comedy that is shining bright in its own right. I’m convinced everyone can enjoy seeing it.

Such a theater play, one where I would get to perform across various cities over such a long span of time, is something I never took part in before, and considering there must also be people who are expected to travel all the way to us via airplane or Shinkansen, I’m going to work as best as I can so that they can all feel fully satisfied with each single performance.

-- Do you have confidence in your physical stamina?

Since I had constantly been doing singing and dancing in the past, I’d say I am confident in my physical prowess, and breathing capacity!

---
    Source, for full sized images and a picture gallery: https://thetv.jp/news/detail/215398/

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    An article that points out the obvious:

"Two people who crossed the boundaries of such a group visited USJ to record the program, and uploaded two shots of Harry Potter cosplay in matching SNS."

https://avexnet.jp/news/detail.php?id=1003881

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    New Year's greetings video from Rittan:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about her stage appearance:

"Former NGT48 actress Riko Sugawara (19) opened the stage at Hulic Hall Tokyo in Yurakucho, Tokyo on the 9th, the first stage after graduation from the group on “Innocent Lie-Everyday is April Fools” (until 19th).

Before the performance on the first day, we interviewed co-stars.

Sugawara says, “I was a member of an idol group last year, but I was able to get involved in the stage play. I want you to see more, "but the question is," Is it okay? " Still, how do you feel about being an idol? "I feel like I'm done! I'm fine." "I am new from now on, yes!"

20200109s00041000265000p_view (1).jpeg

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/01/09/kiji/20200109s00041000263000c.html

• Like Like x 2
  9. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Good for her, glad to see her embracing a new path.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Nlab Entertainment published a press video with a compliation of scenes from the final rehearsals of the play

Edit: One more from Mini Theater Tsuushin

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    New acting role coming in for Riko, as it was just announced yesterday. See for reference the tweet Riko herself had posted to inform on it, below.
    https://twitter.com/riko__sakuranbo/status/1252811158781702145
    Some more details about the theater play she'll be performing in soon, in the translation that follows:
    ---

[​IMG]

Theater play informations and the acting cast have just been unveiled for S-IST Stage’s “Hirihiri to Hitori [On one's own, painfully]”, to begin performances on June 2020.

This work is a theater play production brought out with Ishimaru Sachiko, previously responsible for musical “Color of Life” (writing/stage direction), and theater plays “BACKBEAT” (translation/stage direction), and “Mata Hari” (translation/stage direction), to handle the scriptwriting and stage planning, and with the live music accompaniment of musician Mori Daisuke. S-IST Stage is a new project jointly created by Ishimaru and Toei [note: the film and television production company].

The first installment of such project, “Hirihiri to Hitori”, is set to go on stage from June 11 (Thursday) to 21 (Sunday), 2020 at the Otemachi Hall, in Tokyo. In addition to that, the main cast has also been announced. Suzuki Shogo, who also appeared in musical “Yuukoku no Moriarty” (leading role). Torigoe Yuuki, who also appeared in musical “Touken Ranbu” and stage play “Bungo Stray Dogs” (leading role). Noujou Ami, former Nogizaka46 member, who also appeared in musical “Revolutionary Girl Utena” (leading role) and KERA CROSS’s “Goodbye”. Sugahara Riko, former NGT48 member, who also appeared in Kouki Mitani-authored “Tsumi no Nai Uso ~ Mainichi ga April Fools”. Hyakuna Hiroki, who also appeared on “GANTZ : L ACT&ACTION STAGE” (leading role) and light opera “The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II - case. Hakurijou Adora -”. Also appearing in it is Sato Chikau, winner of the Best Actor Award at the 25th Yomiuri Theater Awards, and currently being active across a wide range of media, between theater plays, television, and movies.

---​

Revolving around one actor, “Haruo”, this creative effort is a tale played out by 7 people: 6 actors, and one musician. As a story that came into being after Ishimaru once again interrogated herself with the question “What does theater mean?”, S-IST will now bring to people a brand new theater work born with the purpose of laying bare the human feelings and sentiments.

[​IMG]

[Plot synopsis]
    This is a story centered on one actor.
    A person has to come face-to-face, with themselves, with others, with the whole world.
    A person has to come face-to-face, with their past, with their future, with their present.
    Many people, each on their own, go on to spend their present days in woe. Meanwhile, the world heads toward a yet-unseen tomorrow.
    Kudou Haruo, was raised in a household not blessed by any affection, between her father’s domestic violence, and her mother who, resenting that, escaped from home. During his adolescence he found himself having to live with the symptoms of severe schizophrenia, but ever since leaving home and jumping into the world of theater, his mind started showing signs of easing down, and he began being appreciated for his innate expressive abilities and his creativity.
    While doing rehearsals as per usual, while spending time with his companions, what reaches Haruo is the news that his father had died alone at the family’s home.
    Faced with the death of his father, a figure which had since faded away from his own memory, Haruo is thrown into an emotional turmoil.
    His odd double personality, which originated from him in his adolescent years, manifests itself, and even the stuttering, which he was supposed to have already overcome, makes a return.
    Date Natsuko, an actress from the same acting troupe and his girlfriend, as well as his friend Tamaki Makoto, can’t help feeling worried at Hauho, now in this altered state, and devote all of themselves for him.
    After much effort, Haruo sets out together with the other two for a voyage to the town he was born and raised in. And together with a certain music, which keeps on ringing from somewhere afar, like a sound hallucination.
    This was a voyage in which the three of them, each one respectively, would also come face-to-face with their own selves…
    Six actors and one musician, joining together in a funky fashion, are going to recount this woeful story along with moments of light laughs, nimble body movements, and richly varied music.

---
    Source: https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/268278

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

• Like Like x 2
  13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Two stories, one focusing on Rittan and the other on Annin.

Googlese:

In her self-introduction, Sugawara confessed, "I haven't had a relationship with him", citing "a bright and interesting person" as her favorite type. In the two-shot talk, Mr. Shimoyama and his favorite manga matched and smiled with a big smile, "I didn't think it would be so exciting when talking about anime," and exchanged LINE.

Sugawara was invited by Shimoyama at the "Date Invitation" corner at the end of the game, "Would you like to talk again?" She said, "I definitely want to talk to you," she was delighted, and Sashihara, who was watching, was surprised, "Wow! I'm surprised."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/12/25/kiji/20201225s00041000193000c.html
    https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/12/25/kiji/20201225s00041000158000c.html

P.S. Akiko Shimoyama is the CEO of Senjin Holdings, which posted it's own story.
    https://senjinholdings.com/テレビ朝日「ヒロミ・指原の恋のお世話始めまし/

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Tokyo opening of a new play.

"Former NGT48 actress Sugahara Riko took the stage just before the opening of Tokyo on the stage "Mogut-Welcome to the Hedgehog Hotel-" (Mogut~ハリネズミホテルへようこそ~) to be performed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Stellar Ball in Tokyo on the 21st. Sugawara said, "It was the first time for me to perform with a small number of people, and I was very nervous, but I am having fun every day."

3862c.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2182385/full/

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.21.46 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.16.05 AM.jpg

https://mogut-stage.com/

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Rittan will appear in a new stage production of 'Isshun no Kaze ni Nare' based on the novel by Sato Takako at the Kameari Lirio Hall in Tokyo from 10/20:
    https://natalie.mu/stage/news/442358

isshun.jpg

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I feel like wanting to inform, among other things, that Riko is also currently taking part in the "Yuusha no Utagoe" audition program, which has several professionals competing to win their opportunity to be the singer of the theme song of the game Dragon Quest: The Great Adventure of Dai - Tamashii no Kizuna.
    Judge panel consists of composer Hayashi Yuuki, singer Takahashi Yoko, and music producer Yokoyama Hiroaki (apparently the last of which doesn't have an English Wikipedia page handy, but you can check out his credentials elsewhere even on the videos themselves).

The aired episodes of the program are being shared for a limited time (till the end of 2021) on SquareEnix's YouTube channel. Here's episode #1, with Riko's entry beginning in it at 13:05.

(Original link)

Episode #2 this week features both the rest of the contestant entries, and the announcement of the top 5 winners of the first examinations round. At the cost of spoiling the surprise: Riko is in the lead position, tied with also Sugawara Mayuka from Gekidan 4 Dollars 50 Cents.

(Original link)

The next coming round of examinations turns out to be a "kizuna karaoke" testing out their respective bonds, in which each contestant will compete in a team of three people, bringing along 2 volunteers of their own for companions...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    On another note -- seeing how coincidentally the show announcement, cast reveal, and promotional pictures came in all at once just today -- Riko is going to be Haru Okumura (bottom row, rightmost photo in both images below, showing the main character lineup) in the newest edition of the Persona 5 stage play, which will begin its performances from mid December.

More on the official website:
    https://p5-the-stage.jp/
    And on the official Twitter account:
    https://twitter.com/p5_the_stage

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As said before, here is the second examination round of the Yuusha no Utagoe audition TV show. Riko's turn to perform was actually broadcast in the fourth episode last week already, but the examination results ended up being announced only on this week's.
    Riko's appearance begins at 8:43, turns out that the two companions she chose for the karaoke competition were Otaki and Rena, who she explained as being among the members that provided her with the most support when she was still in her past group. The team of three sang, each individually, Hadaka no Kokoro (for Otaki), Legend of Mermaid (for Rena), and Ruri-iro no Chikyuu (for Riko, performing last).

(Original link)
    (On a side note, after the end of the recordings of that episode Riko spent the night over at Rena's apartment in the capital, because Riko, as she went on to say on Twitter, forgot the keys to her own apartment back at the studio's backstage room. Rena also added to it by reporting the dialogue at the time, where Riko asked Rena if she could stay at her place but she was too embarrassed to outright tell why. Heh.)

This was a pretty close battle, with the total scores in the karaoke between the competing teams being a handful of points apart (and examination scores being handed out based on how they ranked relatively, in fact). The showrunner was about to reveal the top 3 contestants who would be adavancing to the third and then the final examinations, when it was announced as a surprise that first, in addition to the karaoke results, the three board judges would also hand out a ranking of their own, both by reviewing the VTR video recordings all together, as well as by watching the talk interviews where the two friends who were called in for the karaoke test go on to describe their personal history of contestant and their relationships with them, always in keeping with the "bonds" theme of the audition (and the target game).
    Here in this one, not just singing prowess, but also personal character, and star factor would be evaluated all at once to form a comprehensive judgement.

(Original link)
    Some clips from the interview were shown from 12:20, one featured highlight had Rena recalling that they used to attend the same school and how for a period of time she would prepare handmade bento lunches for Riko, adding she's a girl one almost feels inspired to necessarily help out. Otaki spoke of Riko as a pure-hearted girl with the ability to brighten up the people and the atmospere around her.
    On the oher side, as one of the judges (Hayashi Yuuki) puts it near the end (20:28), the board greatly admired the contrast there was between Riko's outer "young sister-like character" and the way she is capable of singing with a firm possession of her own emotions. Another (Yokoyama Hiroaki), picking up from that, described the high impact that her image gives off, with her expressivity transforming dramatically on the moment she gets on to sing, especially how she gives the impression of being someone lacking assurance when normally speaking, but this changes entirely upon singing as if becoming completely absorbed into the atmosphere of the given song.
    All told, Riko came out 2nd at the end of the examinations and will progress to the third stage, with 4 Dollars 50 Cents's Sugawara currently taking the absolute lead.
    Differing from the other tests, the third one will be actually a knowledge quiz about Dragon Quest: The Great Adventure of Dai which will have for a special guest the standup comedian Seya from the Shimofuri Myoujou duo, himself a big expert of the series.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1