1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    At this point, Tomomi had already announced graduation. I wonder sometimes if this had already been going on for a while and she announced her graduation because she knew Bunshun had found out about and were on her tail, or if started after her grad announcement and she didn't care to keep it that private anymore.

I think some of these are not to be taken too seriously; the Kikuchi Ayaka one maybe, but Miichan telling Sasshi "she should have shaved her head like me" seems like an obvious joke :^^;: Also the attached screenshot looks like it came from a variety show.

The comments that HKT48 members made about Sasshi are from HKT48's documentary. I don't remember which one, but I assume their first one. I remember their comments about Sasshi and someone else also said that she was glad Sasshi joined because Sasshi was the only one who had direct contact to Aki-P. Nobody in HKT48 had his phone number and nobody was able to contact him in case anything was going wrong, so they started to feel grateful for Sasshi managing everything for them.

Like I said, it wasn't a huge deal but it was enough of a big deal for people to write about it. Obviously nothing happened to Erii, it didn't impact her career whatsoever, but some local fans felt a bit disappointed, probably because they didn't receive the same treatment.

I'm not sure I agree on this one :^^;:

Also, not sure if this counts as a scandal, but since @rka brought up the sudden resigning of 5 HKT48 members, I also still wonder what happened to those three Eitos that suddenly left as well

• Like Like x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    About the Kasai thing .... to be honest, the dating ... meh .... but the allegations of bullying, the feeling of privilege, lack of work ethic and behaviour towards her kouhai ... that's possibly the worst part of it
    (what's maybe even worse is the unnamed ex-member willing to spill the beans though)

I frankly admit I'm not a big fan of Kasai ... the whole chuu thing just kinda irked me, so I'm prejudiced enough not to be too surprised if it all turns out to be true.

ow, and in a group with so many adolescent girls ... you can't convince me there is no bullying
    for sure while pretending to be bff's there must be girls who truly hate each others guts

(and it's not something only girls do, I've spend 14 months in military service, put people together and you will get cliques and people being ostracised, I've seen it happen)

There are so many moments where people made fun of Miichan's traumatic haircut, even by her Team 4 kouhai, that I simply lost count, but I do think it as was kind of a watershed moment, after that PR disaster management could not just simple fire members or force them to resign anymore as everybody would be referencing Miichan's scandal all over again.
    (and every once in a while it's dragged out again anyway to criticise Japanese Idol culture here in the west in newspapers that will on the next page gush over how awesome BTS and Black Pink are .... cause being consistent is not a thing :) )

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Ooh really I didn’t know it was that special. And didn’t gave us BKA48 that’s really good to know thank you.
    Hmm I see I guess they made the comment because they wasn’t comfortable yet with anyone joining and was scared if she was transferred one of them would be transferred after they been with each other since the start of HKT

I never knew about the other ones the only ones I heard of was the takamina birthday one the kasai tomomi one and the second sae one and team 8/k yui Yokoyama

4. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    I've just spotted a few allusions to AKB48 in a manga named "Tama Kick" 玉キック」

allusion01.jpg

allusion02.jpg

Mod note: please thumbnail images larger than 750 x 750 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wasn't tomochin announced her grad WAY before the picture? So her graduating because she knows bunshun have something about her does not make sense to me.

Also, the Yuko and Sae picture is the most hilarious scandal ever.

6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Wait Tomochin? Don't you mean Tomo~mi? Or did I miss a scandal about Tomochin?

7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh my God sorry i need to work on my reading comprehension. You were talking about kasai and I just read that article about tomochin so I just reply to yours lmao. Yeah I misunderstood your post. Sorry.

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    AKB48 New Unit! ShinTaikan Live CONNECT Concert
    from November 2020

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Seems to be a mini Baby Blossom.

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ModelPress has put on their Instagram a quiz in which you have to answer who the eyes of 12 48G members belong to:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKn4v7crLIF/

Three pairs of eyes are shown followed by the answers, then the next three pairs and so on. They've also published an article about the 12 members' eyes:
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2405026

I'll paste a Google translation in the spoiler as it contains the answers to the quiz.
    1 Furuhata Nao
    The first eye is Nao Furuhata of SKE48 , who is gaining popularity for his boyish looks . In addition, she served as her first center position in the group's 25th single "FRUSTRATION". Contrary to the cool shortcuts, the cute rounded eyes are impressive.

2. Shiroma Miru
    The second eye is Shiroma Miru, who has passed as the first member of NMB48 and has been stable and popular as a core member of the group . At live performances, many fans were shot by their powerful eyes. In addition, the wide teardrop bag and the sharp, tight eyes have a sensual appeal.

3. Matsuoka Natsumi
    The third eye is Matsuoka Natsumi, the captain of HKT48 / Team H , who has a strong support from the same sex for her outstanding style and visuals, such as acting as a runway model for the "Tokyo Girls Collection" . Matsuoka's eyes are adorable with her eyes moistened like a puppy and the mole under her right eye. There is no doubt that her ennui look will be nailed once you see it.

4. Takino Yumiko
    The fourth eye is Takino Yumiko, who is in charge of the center position with STU48 's debut single "Darkness" and continues to lead the group as " STU48 's face" . Its outstanding transparency, such as clear eyes and fair skin, is likely to attract more attention as the "next generation ace of the AKB48 group".

5. Matsui Jurina
    The fifth eye is Matsui Jurina, who has long supported the group as a regular member of SKE48 / AKB48 . In February 2020, she announced that she would graduate from the same group and received a great deal of feedback. The sharp inner corners of the eyes and the sharp shape of the eyes further accentuate her dignified beauty.

6. Tanaka Miku
    The sixth eye is Tanaka Miku of HKT48 , who is steadily gaining popularity, such as being ranked 10th in the "AKB48 53rd Single World Selection General Election" . The lashes that grow straight up and the clear eyes create a gorgeous and lovely atmosphere.

7. Shibuya Nagisa
    The 7th eye is Shibuya Nagisa, the captain of NMB48 and Team M , whose high talk skills are highly evaluated and her solo appearances on variety shows are increasing rapidly . The cute "half-moon-shaped" eyes are a perfect match for the warm atmosphere. Her lovely smile heals many fans.

8. Suda Akari
    The 8th eye is SKE48 / Suda Akari , who has the nickname of "Queen of the Handshake Event" for the first time in response to the god, and is also sought after in TV programs by taking advantage of her charming personality .
    By adding "troublesome eyebrows" to the moist eyes, it gives the impression that you want to protect it somewhere. Seeing her squinting and laughing seems to give her some energy.

9. Moriyasu Madoka
    Eyes of No. 9 is to release the "My inside of me," her first solo piano album in January 2020, also active as a pianist HKT48.
    The round and wide eyes and gentle eyebrows, which are characteristic of her beautiful visuals, create an elegant and calm atmosphere.

10. Homma Hinata
    The 10th eye is Homma Hinata of NGT48 , who was selected as the grand prix of AKB48 group x "bis" x SHOWROOM audition and is currently a regular model in the magazine "bis" .
    She has cute eyes like a doll, such as cat-like eyes that shine like crystals and eyelashes that point upwards.

11. Kawakami Chihiro
    The 11th eye is Kawakami Chihiro, the captain of NMB48 and Team N, who is expected to play an active role as an actress, such as a guest appearance in the drama "Enmado Sara's Reasoning Kitan" (2020, NHK) . Its beautiful looks and unique career as an experienced figure skating person, such as the nose that goes through the wide double-width tight eyes, have the potential to be "found" in the future.

12. Ishida Chiho
    The last 12th will release the 1st photo book "Lemon Season" in December 2020, and will be in charge of her first center position in STU48 's 6th single "If you talk to yourself" (released on February 17). Ishida Chiho is gaining momentum .
    Ishida has a cute tear bag and eyes that tend to sag. Her glittering eyes grab the viewer's heart and never let go.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They post this kind of quiz quite often, I remember seeing this about AKB only members a while ago. I recognised 10/12 members back then, only 5 out of 12 this time ._.

12. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    i have a random question, is there still a member who is fluent in english in the japan48/ Sakamichi groups?
    Because I think Goto Rara was the last fluent speaker.

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    In the latest generations:
    STU48 2nd gen, Kudo Riko
    NMB48 7th gen, Yoshino Misaki

13:25

14. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Not sure about 48G but Hinatazaka46's Takase Mana used to live in the UK, so she's fluent in English. All the 48G members that come to my mind have already graduated

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    kinda off topic, but most people mocking the Japanese for their poor English skills mostly have no idea how different Japanese is from English. not just grammar, but also the fact that in Japanese it's kinda rare for two different consonant to immediately follow each other in a work e.g. 'milk' or 'work'

so pronouncing those words is just inheritly difficult for them (as you can see often in how loanwords got changed)

I count my self extremely lucky that my language for the most part has a superset of the sounds in Japanese (except the l/r sound) and that Japanese is not a tonal language because the vocabulary is confusion enough as it is
    (I must add, a lot of people mocking the Japanese tend not to speak any other language apart from English themselves, and frankly, those people should just shut up :) )

17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    One other 46G member who is said to be fluent in English (she was born in LA) is Kitagawa Yuri, my Nogizaka46 4th Gen oshimen who was an unsuccessful AKB48 D3 candidate. The only video I can find of her in which she speaks any English is in one of her AKB 3rd Draft Kaigi presentation videos (at 0:20):

As it so happens I have tickets for an online talk with her next Sunday. Problem is though that since last month the staff at 46G online events have been mostly only accepting JP residence cards as ID but a few foreigners have managed to succeed with passports. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I can confirm that she's a fluent English speaker.

18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    So AKB48 is going to do... something on Valentine: https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12654987558.html

"AKB48 Which One Do You Want To Eat? Handmade Valentine Battle" on 17Live
    Date: Feb 12-14
    Schedule:
    1. Feb 12, 18:00-19:00
      Host: Asai Nanami, Taguchi Manaka
      Commentator: Fukuoka Seina
      Team 1: Oguri Yui, Yoshikawa Nanase
      Team 2: Kubo Satone, Omori Maho
    2. Feb 13, 12:00-13:00
      Host: Asai Nanami, Nakanishi Chiyori
      Commentator: Shimizu Maria
      Team 1: Murayama Yuiri, Yamane Suzuha
      Team 2: Nishikawa Rei, Chiba Erii
    3. Feb 13, 15:00-16:00
      Host: Asai Nanami, Tada Kyoka
      Team 1: Nagatomo Ayami, Nagano Megumi
      Team 2: Komiyama Haruka, Fukuoka Seina
    4. Feb 13, 18:00-19:00
      Host: Asai Nanami, Gyoten Yurina
      Team 1: Okabe Rin, Shinozaki Ayana
      Team 2: Muto Tomu, Iwatate Saho
    5. Feb 14, 12:00-13:00
      Team 1: Okada Nana, Mukaichi Mion
      Team 2: Otake Hitomi, Hashimoto Haruna
    6. Feb 14, 15:00-16:00
      Team 1: Yokoyama Yui, Yokoyama Yui (A & 8)
      Team 2: Oya Shizuka, Ma Chalin
    7. Feb 14, 18:00-19:00
      Team 1: Kuranoo Narumi, Sakaguchi Nagisa
      Team 2: Yamauchi Mizuki, Inagaki Kaori
    The winner will be decided by votes: 1 vote from viewer (via 17Live), 1 vote from the hosts, and 1 vote from commentator. The winner will get a video appearance on a quiz program on 17Live called 17Q.

(I posted this in wrong thread previously)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    it's a cooking competition:

https://www.akb48.co.jp/news/detailpage/46111873

20. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm having cooking stadium flashbacks, sounds like it could be a lot of fun!