1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i think kokoro no placard is a great song actually but wasn't really enough for an ssk single if that makes sense? idk i don't think it's b-side worthy but also not ssk worthy. and it came literally a year after koichun which made the attempt at recreating the former's success just super blatant. so basically what i'm trying to say is it would've worked as any other a-side but not really an ssk a-side. but otherwise i really love it, i don't think it has the viral power of koichun but rather is something to listen to in the background or calm down to?? at least that's how it is for me lol. i actually consider shitsuren arigato in the same way

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Sustainable also falls under that category of more easy listening. I also think the fact that KFC is a bit more upbeat made it so people would actually want to dance along to its simple choreography. Making it just upbeat enough was its secret saving grace. If not for that I think it definitely would've gone closer to the way of KnP, Sustainable, and Shitsuren Arigatou.

@David61 - That's interesting. I wonder what hooked you musically about Kibouteki Refrain that didn't about KnP. I mean Kibouteki Refrain is kind of J-idol bubblegum pop done at its finest. Scarily generic and basic despite being a fun bop and telling an interesting story within its PV.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think you've probably summed up why it appealed to me! [hehe] However more importantly it inspired me to start to discover the group's back catalogue of A-sides. Nowadays when I listen to KR I get mostly a 'nostalgia' vibe from the time my proper fandom started, not just of the group but also of Mayuyu and Sakura, two very special idols in my music life.

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I know exactly what you mean. Sousenkyo singles are among the best a-sides, imo. I had a playlist just for sousenkyo a-sides (probably still do but it's buried among all the other playlists). It was my least favourite single until Sentimental Train came along. I'm aware that people will most likely have different tastes to me but for me it goes

Gingham Check > Iiwake Maybe > Flying Get > Heavy Rotation > #SukiNanda > Koi Suru Fortune Cookie > LOVE TRIP >>> Halloween Night > (Shiawase wo Wakenasai >) Kokoro no Placard > Sentimental Train

EDIT: Up until LOVE TRIP, I genuinely love all the songs. Halloween Night is obnoxious and the other three are just a bit boring to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Flying Get, was a cultural reset ok.

It was such a hyped MV and song. I vividly remember an early performance of Flying Get where Yukirin messed up the ending pose and it has stayed in my head forever cause it was a cute mistake, but also it was like the golden era and everyone's eyes were on AKB. The talk of the town honestly.

KnP and Iiwake Maybe are like my least fav SSK songs. Halloween Night is a jam and I will not tolerate blasphemy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

The thing about the SSK victory A-sides is that starting with KFC they played them very experimental and save for a viral hit in KFC and a lukewarm reception for KnP everything else sort of just coasted along and fell by the wayside because they were a little 'too much this or too much that, too little this or too little that'. Of the ones after KnP I think #SukiNanda and Sentimental Train had the most to offer and while Halloween Night was interesting my first memory of it any time I happen to think about it is about how it would be better served had it released closer to the celebration in question. Meanwhile I don't enjoy saying this, but I barely think about Love Trip and Shiawase wo Wakenasai.

Something I think is worth mentioning is that after the lukewarm reception to KnP they kind of stopped making sure to shove the SSK victory A-sides down our throats at every opportunity. From 2009 - 2013 the moment the SSK victory A-side was released they made sure we couldn't escape it for the rest of the year and into part or all of the following year, but the lukewarm reception to KnP in 2014 made them take the opposite approach with not only it, but every SSK victory A-side that came after it treating them more like they treated the Janken Taikai victor's A-Sides.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    In my opinion, Love Trip, #Sukinanda, and Sentimental Train are legit golden era quality songs. Like if they were released during the early 2010s, they would definitely belong among the classics.

Sentimental Train though has the unfortunate drawback that the beginning of the chorus sounds similar with a Nogi song that's more known to people, so yah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I can't agree with you there but you sure as hell made me laugh [hehe]

While I might not enjoy Halloween Night itself, I recently discovered this gem of a b-side from Halloween Night. I found AKB after the release of Halloween Night and don't like the a-side so I never really listened to its b-sides, but I'm in love with this song:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    IMO that's the best of the songs by the SSK units but my top favourite of all the B-sides on that single is Ippome Ondo (and not just because it was centered by Mayuyu!), I like so much the traditional style of the song. (Wasamin also recorded a solo cover of it.)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    AKB48 is organising an escape game in the streets of Akihabara
    It is scheduled for next summer.

The members who will participate (minus anounced graduation + IZ*ONE) will be selected in the mobile game "AKB48 Stage Fighter 2 Battle Festival.
    The ingame event starts on 21/03/01 until 21/03/24
    Top 10 girls will show up for the real event.
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12658603762.html
    https://gamebiz.jp/?p=289568

Humm not sure how accessible this game is, I think it requires a mobile phone Docomo subscribtion

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Mizu no naka..., is legit one of the best B-sides AKB ever produced/released. It's also in my top 5 for hoe-anthems from the 48 group overall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, it's not.

xx

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Lol...

To be fair, when I heard KnP with an increased tempo, it sounded a lot better.

If only they made the song a bit more fast-paced, might have been more fun to dance to.

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But you've always been a Mayuyu hater.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You can show your support to the girls by retweeting the corresponding tweets from HADO's account:

dépending on the amount of retweets their ingame skills will be reinforced

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Stop with the flattery.

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    For the second round of sales for the additional 'Shitsuren, Arigato' online talk on 3/13, I've made a summary of the sold out slot results for the more popular members of the group (as a reminder, neither Naachan nor Miichan are taking part):

Yuiri 3/3
    Yukirin 3/3
    Zukkii 3/3
    Miion 3/3
    Tomu 3/3
    Satopii 3/3

Yuihan 2/2
    Renacchi 2/2
    Yukarun 2/2
    Naamin 2/2
    Rei 2/2
    Zunchan 2/2
    Mahopyon 2/2

Komiharu 1/2
    Megu 1/2
    Mogi 1/1
    Orin 1/1
    Erii 1/1
    Seichan 0/3
    Sahoo 0/3
    Myao 0/1

Team 8:
    Akari 3/3
    RinRin 3/3
    YuiYui 3/3
    Naru 3/3
    Odaeri 2/3

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some questions: I understand for Miichan not participating since she announced graduation, but what happened to Naachan?
    and where can I find the full list? Are sister groups also participating? Sorry if there's already an answer to these questions, I couldn't find.

I'm glad to see Zukkii, Satopii, Rei and Erii being sold out since they're getting a push and I hope it works! I wonder how Omori Maho did?
    Really happy to see Renacchi sold out too, at this point I don't expect her to get her push back anymore, but I'm glad to see her do well <3

I had to search who is Team 8's Akari, and it turns out she announced graduation, I'm surprised that she's participating in this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JoKawaruso

JoKawaruso Kenkyuusei

Only AKB members are participating: all the members from team A, K, B, 4, and only five Team 8's members (YuiYui, Akari, Narumi, Erina, Rin)

20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm not sure why Naachan's not participating, maybe she's doing something with STU? This is the link to the list of participants for this event:
    https://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/images/57th-akb48-online-0313-schedule.pdf

Unfortunately I missed out Mahopyon from my list, she sold out both of her slots and I've added her to my post above. The results can be seen until Monday at the following link at the Chara-ani website:
    https://akb48.chara-ani.com/hall1/akbreserve.aspx

• Like Like x 1