1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. nazou

nazou Kenkyuusei

I won't ask 3rd and 4th gen to be the same as their senpai. The point is that 1st and 2nd gen had to climb to that slope, we love them as we can see their journey, and through that journey, they had chances to show us their will, changes and their strong and mature characteristics. I admit that myself, I love the old gens more as to me it's more interesting to see people climb from the ground to the height. The 3rd and 4th gens are wonderful, they just need some chances. They are there, at the height right at the beginning; therefore, sometimes I may feel their road is too easy. So maybe I need to wait if there should be other Under girls who can challenge the senbatsu, other non-management favorite who can turn the table, regular senbatsu to be sent to Under or the 'established' top of them will remain untouchable, which is boring. I miss those strong Under girls.
    And there are many aces in Nogi but I cannot find the balance. I still feel Asuka is dominating without any counterbalance. Maybe a cross-gen wcen will help.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I agree that the circumstances are quite different. I don't think the show is weaker though, since the newer gens are strong in their own way.
    Some episodes are boring, others are very engaging, but that was also the case in the early days imo.

If you really want to enjoy idols climbing their slope from nothing, well, Nogi is not that group anymore and it's better to search for another group that has yet to reach great heights.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Aw.. you killed a lot of people in here..

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  4. Dumb_General

Dumb_General Kenkyuusei

In my eyes, the 3rd and 4th Generation will also need to start climbing the slope but from a different point under different circumstances. They have the problem that they are overshadowed by their Senpais and probably a lot of fans will always compare them to the older Generation. I mean isn't that also the case with AKB48 too? If they do not manage to keep the fans when the first gens graduate they will lose a lot of popularity and I think for example that AKB48 is a very good example for this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Just change the name of this thread to 4ki Anti Circle Jerk

• Winner x 7
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I would actually say that sitting around and talking is the most important skill that should be developed on the show when they can. When they go on other shows, whether it's minor shows on minor channels or primetime shows on major channels, it's still mainly going to be sitting around talking (except in a different format, of course. Maybe they watch videos with a panel, maybe they commentate on whatever, etc.) Being entertaining and skilled at sitting around and talking is what makes people like Kazumin and Manatsu the top variety people of Nogi, and also why Bananaman, especially Shitara, host so many TV shows. I would say that being entertaining sitting around and talking is much harder and requires more skill than being entertaining while doing wild physical comedic variety. The best talkers can all do the wild physical stuff well too, but I don't think you can say the reverse, that the ones who are known for wild physical stuff are all good at talking. I think it's a luxury that the show can have talking-based episodes that still keeps an audience. I think wild physical stuff can be done sometimes as added spice. I think if they were a much less known group, then you don't have the luxury of just doing talking episodes because there may not be a large audience who wants to watch not-that-famous people they don't know talk on TV. So then, you might use physical stuff or location shoots to keep people's attention, or make it your main thing (like the Bingo series).

I do think that sometimes, it feels like some of the set ups in later episodes by staff or the show directors are too "complicated" lol. The simplicity of the earlier episodes, like the Valentine's and Halloween episodes that someone else mentioned, I think was good. I also think the Nogidoko episodes where members tried to push the skydiving duty onto each other was good. Talking-centric, but a simple set-up, not too complicated.

Nogichuu definitely feels more big budget than Nogidoko to me. That's good, but that also might be causing the staff to try to make some of the setups too complicated.

I think the show hasn't lost the intention to do hardcore single campaigns, like the Mt. Fuji climb with 4ki. I think the issue more is that singles are coming in at a slower pace and covid makes it harder to do location shoots, maybe.

There are a few factors that made the 1ki 2ki core work so well on the show with Bananaman. One, it's not really 1ki in general, it's specifically sembatsu 1ki. 1ki is large, and under 1ki was hardly on Nogidoko. There was more under on Nogichuu, but still, what I think is important is that sembatsu 1ki was on Nogidoko, almost the same people, over and over with Bananaman. Which brings me to point two, which is that during Nogidoko, it was almost the same people over and over, which built up that chemistry. And because sembatsu 1ki succeeded on making the show what it is with that chemistry, under 1ki could join seamlessly in Nogichuu. With 2ki, it's similar to me. The 2ki who had more sembatsu than others (e.g. Miona, Kiichan, Maichun) are the ones who feel like they can be called part of the core of Nogichuu, and who could potentially really carry a segment or an episode. In the end, to me it feels like what makes that special chemistry is sembatsu spending a lot of time on the show honing their variety craft, because sembatsu members usually are, well, on average (not all the time), the ones who are the best or have the most potential at talk variety. So I think it takes time and may be too early to tell for the younger gens. But also, since there are a lot of members, it's not always the same members on the show, making it different from Nogidoko. (But I don't necessarily disagree with people saying that the show is just not as good as it was before.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

But seems nobody in here likes to watch a sitting and talking only show..

8. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I would say that the best type of sitting and talking show is one where you don't come away feeling like they're just "sitting around and talking" because the talking is so entertaining. So if, subjectively, the show really does feel like they're just "sitting around and talking," then that's a valid opinion and a legit issue with the show.

9. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

Its not about tv but its about the face. maiyan can do every noki tv and people will enjoy it. Whats ever she do and its prove since the begining. Even tv show that have snake tangue with glass.. How come you can watch it if there is no one that you like is in the show. Some how i cant stand japaneses joke. O i used to see some kid keep crying because he do whats he think its joking too. I really wonder why people so sensitive about the word gen too. Its funny. Nogizaka46 is 10 years old now so if its happen then it will happen. May be in the next 10 years but i dont think thats will be that long. For now i think if the tv show can bring mizuki to taiwan and doing jump from that tower then i think i will dont ask which gen that she is. Jump from the sky is not fun because its nanase or gen 1,may be you dont agree with me

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    like Saku and Hina, because Nogizaka46 will focus on what they currently have right now, im looking forward to the 3rd gen & 4th gen dynamics with Bananaman this is really a great opportunity for Kouhai to build a solid relationship like what Bananaman have to the first gen, it's all about matter of time.

11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I agree, and I am sure many with us. My comment was merely meant for those who lost interest in the current Nogizaka, for whatever reasons.

12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The problem when people say that old gens are better than new gens, it's never a fair comparison because they aren't taking all of the members into consideration. When they say "1st gen were amazing" what they really mean is "the 12-20 members who were featured regularly on Doko and senbatsu were amazing". They're conveniently forgetting all the Ando Mikumos and Miyazawa Seiras who graduated early or languished in unders without ever making an impact. Next time you talk about how much better 1st gen is than newer gens, maybe try taking an objective look at all 34 of them instead of just the impactful fukujin members. Yeah Maiyan was amazing but don't forget that Yamato Rina was 1st gen, too.

Also take into account that in Japanese culture, people always tend to defer to their senpais and so newer gens are always less inclined to do things that stand out when in the presence of their senpais, especially since Nogi is a group of "proper ladies" and supposed to be more seiso unlike AKB for example. People often lump 2nd gen with 1st gen as part of the better group but 2nd gen were notorious for being shy and timid around their senpais and not standing out. 1st gen did have to start from scratch but at the same time they also didn't have senpais to hold them back so they could flex their personalities more freely and openly.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yabai_Yabai

Yabai_Yabai Kenkyuusei

We dont see much emotion from the girls during sembatsu announcement these days. I kinda miss the drama from the old sembatsu episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

No. Every talking and sitting is just talking and sitting no matter how good the talking part was. Just ask to people who tend to complain about this and that..

15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    it is funny because as far as i follow nogi, doko/kojichuu always about sitting and talking and that has create nogi images of pure, nice, elegant oujousama girls(besides their singles promotion). the shows are not about extreme usual punishment like 48 shows AND that is why most international fans think nogi is boring since the first start. however, im myself was hooked for that particular reason, the girls look refined and super pretty. and their talking segments/games are also funny, like valentine day, finding liar, judging members and many mores. for those who said nogi shows are boring, well that is true at the same time fuck you guys. you can go look for boobs in some other places, nogi is not for you. lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    I like Nogizaka no Uta.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

But Nogi has nice boobs

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Flat chest isn't called bob

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    This thread truly has reached new lows. :cry:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

What are you guys, some kind of boob-antis or something?

Ikuta, Yoda and Kitano say hi.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1