1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I actually think Habu has taken a step back a little SokoSaku, because it allows other members the opportunity to grow in the same way she did on Keyakitte. She's one of the few members to have consistent gigs outside of the group. A regular on radio, a regular on a gaming show, an exclusive model who also has a continuous pool of magazine/modelling gigs. She's probably the only member of Sakurazaka who i can confidently say will do well when she graduates, because she's been building such a great portfolio.

But that is only possible because she's been given the opportunity to do so. Pon has her acting thing with borderlines and an exclusive contract, Risa has one too but they need a bit more than that. Take away Sugai's leadership and her activities lessen drastically. All of the popular 1st gen need to start being treated like Nogi's popular 1st gen if mgmt want them to be popular outside of the group... They can't hide behind the techi excuse anymore lol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    This statement holds some useful meaning. Take the second gen for example. Majority of them are humble enough to know that they will need more time to develop and grow in Sakurazaka; developing new skill sets and prepping themselves for stage plays, dramas, movies, modelling and even self promos.

Each and every single member has been given the platform to start afresh while sticking to their absolute vow - to forget the past and move on to greater levels. All is fair in being an idol in my eyes. Once they've been given this opportunity, they should go hard or go home.

3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I've said before that discussions about graduations make me gloomy, however there are many fellow forum dwellers around here that either mention the G-word or are implying it in several ways, so...

Let's adreess the elephant in the room...

What we are witnessing is a 2nd gen group, with 1st gen in the supporting role. Sakurazaka is the stage where the remaining 1st gen girls will gradually and respectfully fade away, one by one, in dignity, as the veterans of an EXTREMELY succesfull and therefore - as most prodigies - short-lived idol experiment: Keyakizaka46. This is the stage of their departure ladies and gentlemen. And it will be done silently and respectfully, with no big fuss and noise.

I hate myself for saying it but I believe it's the truth, and although I am not a psychology expert or analyst, I can sense it behind the words of many of you when you write or comment in these forums. The documentary of KYZ46 (our lies and truth) was really apocalyptic for me: Although a lot of what it was about were already discussed here for the last couple of years (and maybe were already known to a larger extend to Japanese fans), personally I hadn't grasped the whole picture of how influential Tecchi was and how tormented she was from 2018 onwards. But what striked me the most was the stance of the rest of the group. Still, if you asked me I couldn't tell for sure if the girls were satisfied with the status quo of having one center, did not want to take responsibility and try to move to the forground, were hiding behind in their comfort zone, were thinking that they could not deliver as Tecchi did, or were too dissapointed or disheartened with the management as they were not willing to let them have their chance (what if Mii-chan or Pon for example were considering themselves nothing more than a contigency plan for filling the center position in case of Tecchi's absence), or, or, or... all of these combined.

The sad thing is that now, it doesn't matter if the rest of the 1st gens "did not wanted to..." or "were not capable to..."or "were not allowed to...". KYZ is no more and a strong 2gen is here and their time is now! I've said that before: I see smiles and determination for a new start and this is OK for SKZ46 to take off and roam the skies at heights even higher than their predecessor or the other Sakamich groups. But... these are the smiles of the remaining 1st gen with their glorious but sad past, lost comrades and missed opportunities, the smiles of senpais that are here to help the new girls, of providing them with the environment that they themselves did not have. 1gen girls are less wild, meek, less vocal, many of them with their gaze fixed in the less distant future, their post-idol future, their next career steps... And I'm afraid that Rikopi's example will certainly make a lot of them reconsider a lot of things, despite their wish for a fresh start.

I apologise for making some of you gloomy. These are my subconscious thoughts, however I am not complaining nor lamenting. I enjoy every bit of Risa, every focus on Pon, every awkward moment of Rika, every witty response of Habu, every smile of Ozeki, every glimpse of Muu-chan's outworldly eyes, every rare and precious little speech of my beloved Fuu-chan. For as long as I will have them. And I do hope that they will stay long enough to make 2nd gens so strong that they will get the group to the top again...

...and if they are lucky and determined enough (and the stars align and management allows), to enjoy a glorious moment in SKZ46 like none before in their past!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Interesting, but what exactly do you mean by "be given the opportunity to do so". Does management give them this opportunity? If Habu appears on magazine X's cover or photoshoot, is Habu contacting the magazine directly? Or is the magazine contacting Habu? Does management have a part and ultimate say either way?

In other words, do/can the girls "push" themselves? To what extent?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

As talents (tarento), they are under the management of a talent management agency and assigned to a manager-san. A typical manager-san has multiple talents under their management (hint: overworked). It's not like Brian Epstein managing the Beatles or Arsene Wenger with Arsenal. The manager-san directly handle the scheduling and bookings of engagements, etc, for the talents under his/her care.

Please note that this talent management is not the same as the management of KYZ/SKZ as an idol group. It's not necessarily the case elsewhere, including the idol world, but this appears to be the management model for the current 46/48 groups.

The agency and/or manager can notify the talents under their management of job opportunities such as open auditions for different jobs and roles, etc. A talent can talk to their manager and tell them of their preferences and wishes, and the manager can and will keep a lookout for the appropriate opportunities. Unless the manager is extremely well connected, you don't necessarily always get what you want. If the talent is well known / well recognized, a company or director may simply want talent X to take that role, without any open audition, or it's decided by a company to hire talent X to front an advertising campaign. Likewise, a director may say, I've seen so and so doing this thing, and this person will be a great for a particular role in my upcoming show. They will then call up the agency or the manager to give the job offer. The offer will be evaluate to see if it fits the profile of the talent in question, and/or plans and/or intended career path. Of course, the talent will be allowed to give input; you can't force the talent to do what he/she doesn't want to do. It is rare (if ever) for a talent to directly contact (cold call) for jobs; that's for the manager to do and it depends on the manager's personal network.

In the case of 46/48 members, they are first and foremost members of idols groups, and hence invariably some restrictions. Firstly, schedule: the activities of the group usually take precedence. While members can miss a Keyakke/Sokosaku episode for a magazine photoshoot, they won't be skipping a live event for it. Secondly, typical talents (eg. normal actors) have a greater say over their activities. Being members of an idol group, I believe the group management can block jobs if they deem it as incompatible with the image of an idol.

All in all, the girls do have some say on what they do and plan to do in the future, assuming that they have an idea of what they want as a talent in the entertainment industry. Unfortunately, it is also easy to get dragged along by things as they happen. If anything, work life as an idol is grueling. Do they get a chance to slow down, take a breath, and think about life? Some did, and decided to quit. Being based in Japan doesn't help (SK is probably worse, but that's like choosing between a rock and a hard place). If you weren't born and raised in Tokyo / Kanto region, you are usually all on your own in the big city because your family and friends are all elsewhere in inaka*.

*It's a joke, but really, some really do come from inaka.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Three good posts just now. I'll go off on a tangent, but maybe it relates.

Tanaka Minami 田中みな実is a well-known announcer and personality in Japan. She recently told a web news site (My Navi) that she liked Keyaki from the start. She used to work for TBS, the network that puts out KeyaKake, and sometimes watched it: “They didn’t talk at all, or give reactions. Watching them, I often felt: ‘Is this okay?’”

“But I really got into them. Their unmanufactured feeling. There was no sense that they were trying hard to produce variety, but their normalness was just charming. Then, on music shows, they gave such fierce performances. That gap really did me in. I thought they were ordinary girls who couldn’t talk, then they gave performances like that. It just grabbed me by the heart.”

That “unmanufactured feeling” is what I have always liked, too. No matter how hard the hosts tried, at least in the early days most members never came out with smiles on cue or the expected reactions. They were themselves. That and their amazing performances made them different from any other idol group.

Under Audrey, Hiragana/Hinata learned quickly and became very entertaining, in the normal way. I think Keyaki/Sakura have learned, too, but they retain some of that awkward naturalness -- although most of the "different" members have gone. And even a new member like Karin is very Keyaki in basically refusing to be anyone other than herself. And also Masumoto and others.

What I have feared is that Seed & Flower, after the chaos of recent years, will try to settle back into having three versions of Nogizaka. Selecting the senbatsu by popularity feels like going that way.

The title of the new song, “Ban,” worries me a bit for an opposite reason. I expected to accept a good song involving sakura blossoms, for spring and name-recognition. But the English word suggests the possibility of a bit of Keyaki hardness and social commentary. If that's true, much as I like the idea, I hope it will be okay.

Tanaka Minami is a glamorous announcer and personality, a graduate of Aoyama Gakuin university, now aged 34. She has put out a fairly racy photobook.

@Maeda_Toshiie -- Who do you think are the members from the inaka (countryside)? I'm thinking of Naako. Maybe Dani? Not Neru, since Nagasaki is a city. Nijika from a city, too, but far north. Marino? I like the idea of the girl from deep in the countryside finding herself in the wilds of Tokyo. I'm not sure what size of town Techi came from in Aichi.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

My pondering goes back to the age-old question: What makes up for an idol's success or failure? We hear all the time that member X isn't/wasn't pushed by "management" (in Saku's place, S&F). We blame this "management", a moronic group of people making all these terrible decisions. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have, but there is a 3rd party in all of this, the idol's own agency manager-san. So, if member X is lucky, she'll get a smart/dedicated agency manager that will always be looking after her and get busy trying to find gigs for the member. If she isn't, then things will just dwindle (I guess the main reason why we hear of an idol changing agencies). It seems it is not just "management" that maybe at fault, but this seldom-mentioned 3rd party as well.

8. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

For a moment I thought of another Tanaka Minami until I saw the kanji lol.

I agree. That's what attracts some people to the original Keyakizaka. On stage and on camera, most of the Keyaki members early on are awkward and shy, clearly introverts. That is relatively un-idol-like, which makes them more natural than a typical idol trying to fish the audience. Likewise for Keyakakke, the members don't behave like in a typical Japanese show. I think it went to the extent that awkward silence almost became a running joke in the show. In contrast, participants in Japanese variety shows are expected to talk and act in a very scripted fashion. In fact, to a gaijin audience, naturalness is not common in most Japanese TV shows and movie, and overreacting is almost norm de rigueur. I'm not exaggerating. There are videos on Youtube that make fun of the theatrics of Japanese TV.

FWIW, I think that's how the Kanji Keyaki members were selected. The management certainly didn't select the Kanji members the way they selected the Nogi members. They probably didn't even select them the same way as they did with gen 2 and 2.5. That awkward shyness is trademark of the first gen, and that's what helped attracted the fans that they did. They appeared as themselves, not some Japanese variety show bencher that laughs or react accordingly on cue. It was good that some like Shida or Oda opened up as time passed and joined in the fun with Tsuchida and Sawabe, and it would have been good if more members did, but I guess it is hard for introverts.

Popularity is a strange thing. What makes Pe-tan popular? What makes Sugai popular? What makes Hirate popular? The answer is different for all of them. How did they go from being some awkward and clumsy unknown face to being among the most popular members of a national idol group? The answer is different for all of them with them each walking different roads.

The management, in this case, the management of the group and probably the talent agency as well, can decide to gorioshi someone and plaster her face all over Akiba. Sometimes it is because fan response indicate a member with potential, or sometimes they decide upon with some internal reasons to ram someone down the collective throats of fans. Unfortunately, the latter happens quite often.

Popularity can work like a stonk bubble too. You get fans, which helps get more jobs. Those jobs get you more exposure, which gets you fame, fans (and money). However, once you are on the decline, you get less jobs, less exposure, and thus people start losing interest in you. Unfortunately, some are deep f value that never get discovered or are simply unappreciated (by their agency or the audience), which means that they never got onto the ride.

(Sorry for stock market analogy, but if anything, the entertainment industry is more brutal than the stock market.)

Well, I guess it partly depends on where you draw the line for inaka. Jokes aside, Greater Tokyo (and most urban areas of Kanto), Osaka-Kyoto-Kobe (most of Kansai) are flat out the two main urban areas of Japan. Nagoya, Sendai, Fukuoka, are major cities on the next tier. Probably a few others, but I struggle to name any major cities in Chugoku or Shikoku that are comparable in size. I've been to Tokushima once. Sure it's urban but certainly nothing like a major city such as Osaka or Tokyo. Even Kumamoto felt more modern than Tokushima.

IIRC, Nagahama took a boat to school when young? That feels a little inaka to me; I forgot what happened in the episode where she and Saitou visited her old home. For the Miyagi ken pair, it appears that they frequent places in Sendai often, so their parental homes are probably in or near Sendai. Nagasawa is from Yamagata(?), but that's a rather small city. The same thing probably goes for Shida from Niigata and Takemoto from Shiga. To some Tokyoites, those place are inaka. Hell, even Osaka-jins will make fun of denizens from Shiga (Tsuchida made some comment to that effect when Takemoto was first introduced). Oonuma's father is a fisherman, so she may be from one of the smaller towns of Shizuoka. In contrast, I think Oda seems to be Hamamatsu. Ozeki's grandfather is a farmer but she probably grew up somewhere more urban. Suzumoto called herself a girl from inaka, so she might be (lol). Hard to pin down for Hirate without additional information outside of Keyakakke. If Kobayashi is really from Gunma, then that might be inaka (lol).

Kosaka is from Mie (counts as Kansai), Matsuda is from Miyazaki (Kyushu), and Ozono is from Kagoshima (Kyushu). They may have grown up in the urban centers of the prefectures, but its probably somewhere halfway on the scale of between Shinjuku in downtown Tokyo and a paddy field in Gifu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Maeda_Toshiie -- I sometimes wonder about the number of applicants for Toriizaka, whether the pool was shallow. I remember Aki-P saying he let the groups somewhat determine their own style, after watching them training for a while. The first publicity, a book of all the members (including Mayu) was very frilly and not very Keyaki in style.

But Keyaki (changed from Toriizaka on the day members were selected) was the first idol group I really became a fan of, and it was probably my being (1) an introvert and (2) Western. The artificiality drives me nuts; it feels impossible to get anywhere near the people. That's one of the reasons I am appreciating Karin: not much communication, but at least no fakery. I can occasionally be moved by perfect artificial courtesy, but not as often as someone actually Japanese, I think.

Neru took a boat to school when she was very young, but moved back to Nagasaki at least for high school, I think middle school. Her parents (both, I think) are teachers and her father worked on the islands for a period. My "inaka" is probably a bit too traditional/anime in style. I do think Naako came from Yamagata city. Yes, if you're in Tokyo (a world in itself) most everything but the biggest cities must seem like inaka. I think Oda is indeed Hamamatsu, but with connections to orange farming somehow. I knew someone who came from Imazu in Shiga, and she certainly thought of it as the back of beyond. I didn't hear Mon say she was from inaka. Thanks for that. I remember that Techi and Mon went up to Tokyo together when they actually entered the group, arranged through an elder brother (I think Techi's, but I can't remember).

Thanks for the great detail. Lots to learn.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    That is exactly what brought me as well close to Keyakizaka46. I was following sporadically Youtube snapshots of AKB and Nogizaka46 activities (largely preferring the latter over the former) and I was reluctant to spend more time on yet another idol group. However, the very first seconds into a Keyaki performance was like I was hit by a truck.

That's is why we ADORE this group. For being so different. And even though I forsee this wild mountain stream becoming a wide meek river in the years to come (closer to the Nogizaka standards of high-class female elegance and style), I will continue following it fanatically hoping that somehow, the black heart of Keyaki will still be hidden deep within SKZ's core and girls like Karin, Kira, Akipo, Inori, Marino, Morita and the ones to come, will continue carrying the torch of being different and unpredictable.

P.S. Fish-girl Onuma = best Inaka girl... The Inaka Queen of my heart!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

I went to take a quick look at the first few episodes introducing the girls. Her first catch copy calling herself a chestnut girl from the countryside.
    suzumoto.jpg

Apparently Nagasawa didn't use SUICA (or any IC card) when young. Which is kind of strange actually...
    nagasawa.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Oshimen:
    I am glad that someone is pouring out their entire honesty about the former group Keyakizaka46. I also appreciate what you said about not liking the gloomy memories of the group. But this is what I must say about your viewpoints:

1. The 1st generation said it themselves in the documentary. Risa, Akane and Sugai depended on Techi to carry the hype and the overwhelming burden of centre position. They even said that they tried stopping her from 'separating herself from the group in the early stages, but because she sacrificed her all, they accepted her selfish decisions. Also, I do not blame any girls for the negative moments in all their performances. This is proof that not all things go according to plan. They gave their all as a collective. These are the results.

2. To me, this is not a second generation group at this time. The first generation girls during the days of Keyakitte, Kakenai were indeed quiet and way too shy for a long period of time, and it irritated me when I watched various epiosdes (only because Tsuchida and Sawabe had to be carrying the variety aspect a lot). But that too was said in the documentary. They "chose" to be a different idol group that showed the REAL side to them. It is variety. If they wanted to go all out from day one, they had every chance to do so. What is happening now is what they chose, so no regrets should be present. It's still all girls (1st and 2nd). A different hype could emerge from Sakurazaka46 so we have to wait and see what else 1st gen can offer.

3. Finally, those graduations didn't sit so well with me. Hirate withdrew due to self sacrifice for the group. Shida, Oda, Nagasawa and Ishimori had scandals (Ishimori hurt me the most and I am still saddened by it). Yonetani and Sato left for education purposes. Neru and Suzumoto graduated for their own reasons. While some of these departures were scarring, it is still something I accept, because it's all real. They weren't fake or being cutesy, lovey-dovey idols. Even when leaving, the show goes on. Whether they be Keyakizaka or Sakurazaka, I'll love them all the same.

I'm in agreement with your assessment, but I just wanted to say that for the 1st gen that are still there, they can still learn new things and become a stronger, dynamic unit.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Maeda_Toshiie -- Ah, yes. Now I remember. Thanks. I became interested in Keyaki from seeing pre-release performances of SaiMajo and went back to watch the first ten-fifteen KeyaKakes afterward...over and over again. Especially the introductions. Shida's may have left the deepest impression: solo trips to other cities. Mainly by overnight bus, I think she later said. And the athletic meet: Hirate running "like an athletic boy." Shida's gargantuan throw. With that thing you mention about the card, maybe Naako really did come from real inaka, deep in the mountains, lol. She certainly did a great job publicizing that onsen village deep in snow.

@Jerome Phoenix Wilson -- Thanks for that. Yes, now the remaining 1gens have a chance to shine, too. I admit that since all my former favorites are gone, I concentrate my own vision on the 2gens, but I shouldn't rule out the 1gens.

Your take that Hirate "selfishly...sacrificed herself for the group" is well put. I supported her against nay-sayers because I loved her and her performances. I knew she was totally into making her performance better, and that made the group the success it was. But it wore her down because perfection is not attainable, and carrying the group was a terrible burden she and circumstances imposed on her. I wish both I and management could have realized how heavy the burden was sooner.

The documentary included a couple of bits where she was telling the group what to do, and that may have alienated some of them: I wonder what Kobayashi would have said if she was willing to go further at the point she stopped in the documentary. From the other direction, Hirate said that she did not believe in having a captain, that everyone should take responsibility. I had a feeling when Sugai was appointed, in the fall of 2016, that it might have alienated Techi a bit more. No two members could have been more different than they, excellent as they both were in their ways. Management might have thought it was taking some burden from Techi, but perhaps she did not feel it that way.

Ishimori's departure hurt me a lot, too. In the early days, I couldn't stand to watch her because she was so negative about herself. I do give a bit of blame to the hosts for that. I think she was shocked, after being a popular idol at home, that she went so far down the pecking order. She grew and grew and became beautiful and also became the warm and sensitive adult in the room. Karin has had a lot of praise for her. I believe that she would be blossoming right now, if she were still around. Her dance break in Getsuyoubi was a great thing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Jerome Phoenix Wilson Thank you for going through my weall of text and your intuitively correct reading.

Regarding your (1) point, you've said the tagline: "They gave their all as a collective". So truth. To the point that, indeed, whatever happened was "Nobody's fault". Even the "bad" management, the scapegoat for us all, could do nothing more that build upon this legend of charisma that proved to be Hirate, propelled by the demand of the all-mighty "public".

As for (2) this "different group" is the true power of KYZ (and hopefully its re-animated form as SKZ). It is the reason there are so many people from all around the world, accustomed to so different means of entertainment and cultural affinities, that "converged" to love an admire an idol group from Japan.

Now, regarding (3), each and every departure has "peeled off" a layer of this multi-dimensional character of KYZ. I hope I am wrong, but I'm afraid that 1st gens are definitely affected and disheartened by the loss of their "comrades-in-arms". And that's why I closed my comments by saying that, despite my fears, I only hope that through SKZ46, 1st gens will all have at least their glorious moment, the moment of elevation that would make them never regret this rebranding and their staying to support the new group.

16. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Oshimen:
    You know, you are actually right about this. Sugai did say that she was depply saddened by the departure of her gen mates. And she also said it hurt the group too. They got the final nail in the coffin when Techi "withdrew", so there is a deep scar that might not heal.

But yes, you have a point. With this new platform for the girls to go all out in their own way, this could light a new spark and give birth to a more unique team of talented girls. We as the fans should watch and see what their commitment and vows will create.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For a while, I was watching Hiragana/Hinata (because of Memi) rather than Keyaki and could not help being impressed by Audrey on their show. Certainly the group itself (especially their 2gens) was more instinctively ready for variety, but I thought the two hosts really did a good job understanding them and working with them. At that time, when I watched KeyaKake, I was bored by the hosts.

When I came back to watch Keyaki/Sakura, I thought I had been mistaken: I really enjoyed the shows (KeyaKake and SokoSaku). But now my attitude toward the hosts is beginning to flag again. Sakurazaka has new members, new recordings, and a new name. Are there new potential hosts who could revive the show more completely?

I think Audrey must have been very expensive to hire. I see in rankings of how many TV appearances various "talents" made in 2020, Audrey are both in the top seven: Wakabayashi at #4 with 496 appearances; Kasuga at #7 with 433. Maybe Sakurazaka needs this kind of push, too. If appropriate hosts can be found. I remember a member of one group or the other suggesting Watanabe Naomi. She seems to be pretty well locked to NHK, but maybe there is someone in that direction.

Sawabe-san is #18.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I can't imagine our girls with MC's other than Tsucchi and Sawabe. They feel like fathers to them, and the members see them as a second pair of fathers, there is an ongoing collective chemistry between MCs and members. Kasuga and Wakabayashi feel very light-hearted in Hina (and that works for them as an idol group). Same thing with Bananaman and Nogi.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes, I see your points. I don't really want to push it. I'm just raising the question from my own feelings and respecting any responses.

But one major question is whether things are going well at this critical time or not. I don't know, and we won't really know how things are going until after three singles. And at a time like this, does the group need a new environment of some kind -- or does it need the anchor of the same hosts to keep it settled? Just questions to ponder.

As for the hosts, I'll say a couple of things. First, we were discussing somewhere how some members, of this and other groups, get typecast and fixed in places that don't benefit them. Did this happen to Nijika? To Ozeki? To Oda Nana? To any 2gen? Second, they may be like fathers, but sometimes we have to leave home to grow.

Thanks for the response. I'll keep what you say in mind as I watch and feel how things evolve.

And now for something completely different: a new calendar for fan club members only:

[​IMG]

Especially with that lily (?), Karin looks like she's going to a funeral. But what else is new? Yukka really looks more and more like an actress. Nice work there. (Click/tap to enlarge a bit)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Black heart? Should someone ask Yukirin to come over to Saku as a kennin? LOL (Wishful thinking...) ;)