1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

White heart: Morita Hikaru
    Red heart: Fujiyoshi Karin
    Black heart: Yamazaki Ten

----------------------------------------------------------

Some random thoughts on alignments:

Lawful good: Sugai Yuuka, Moriya Rena *
    Neutral good: Morita Hikaru, Tamura Hono
    Chaotic good: Habu Mizuho, Ozeki Rika

Lawful neutral: Fujiyoshi Karin
    True neutral: Saito Fuyuka (not sure)
    Chaotic neutral: Kobayashi Yui **, Watanabe Rika

Lawful evil: Yamazaki Ten, Moriya Akane
    Neutral evil: Watanabe Risa
    Chaotic evil: Matsumoto Kira

There are more members to be placed, but I can't think of the appropriate categories right now. We can even do it with the graduated members.

* I know I'm biased. Sometimes I get a little reminded of Nagahama when I watch her.
    ** Or is she neutral evil?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wow, a fellow DnD thinker/player... I would agree with almost all of your positionings

And I'll add a different perspective: Classes (based on the initial classes of the good old classic Dungeons & Dragons Online)

Barbarian: Akanen, Hono
    Bard: Inori, Aoi
    Cleric: Fuyuka, Ozeki
    Fighter: Yuipon, Habu, Marina, Chukemon, Akipo
    Paladin: Yuuka, Seki
    Ranger: Risa, Ten, Hikari
    Rogue: Morita, Marino
    Sorcerer: Mii, Karin, Kira, Rikopi
    Wizard: Rika, Uemu, Ozono, Renaa

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think Maeda_Toshiie responded to your question just fine, but since you asked I'll add onto their points.

A talent can only do so much to promote themselves (in the case of the general idol, through variety shows, social media and performance/music), but it's the manager who has to either 1) actively seek out opportunities for their talent and schedule them in to do things, or 2) accept the opportunities when companies, brands and tv shows approach the talent+manager to collaborate with them.

If the manager fails to do either or both of those things, the amount of work a talent can receive will drop drastically. That's why you often see fans complaining directly to management when their idols struggle to find work, because it's ultimately them who put the work in to get the girls outside jobs. Some examples are;

Techi, obviously. She was the center and star of the show, and like most managers, it's in their best interest to push the shining star that carries the name of their product (kyk). Imagine if they didn't do anything to promote her at all after the boom of Silent Majority? It's a hard pill to swallow but Kyk wouldn't be as big as they were if not for that (but they may have survived a post-techi environment without need for a re-brand.......). I recall an article interviewing techi asking her what she planned to do the next day/after the shoot, and she straight up said she didn't know. Her manager schedules her in for jobs and tells her the night before what the plan is for the day forward.

Another case is recent grad Rikopi. She's beautiful, tall, and has a great personality (though much more eccentric than Habu's). She consistently stated her desire to model while in the group, but was not given the opportunity, even during her last activity as a member, performing for TGC where she watched other members model and walk in the show. Maybe this is a case of the companies themselves not wanting to hire her, but with the "keyaki" name you have to wonder if absolutely no one approached SNF to hire Rikopi or other girls like Inoue or Seki. It's unlikely this is the case.

An example outside of the 46's, Sato Masaki from Morning Musume is undoubtedly the most popular member for the last 5 years, and yet you hardly ever see her on tv shows, in magazines, or on social media, whereas other girls in the group like Makino Maria or Oda Sakura are seen a lot. Sasshi has commented on how hard it is to get management to let Maachan work with her (and insisted she MC with her when Morning Musume performed at AKB's concert). EX MM Fujimoto Miki also mentioned constantly calling Maachan's managers to get her on Miki's youtube show, but was refused. Maa herself has complained about this too.

So yes, while a talent can improve her skills and seek out gigs, she still has to get them approved by the management team who schedules them in. If you're an idol unfortunate enough to have managers who don't want to find work for you, then you'll seldom find any side gigs outside of performing with your group and having the weekly variety show.

• Like Like x 4
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Height isn't the only requirement for modeling (especially in Japan) and beauty is subjective but I do wonder why Hono and Yumiko aren't doing much modeling considering they're more conventionally pretty. But ultimately I really don't think Rikopi's graduation is solely on management.

5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Hono has all the unspoken "requirements" for a model (tall, looks, figure, personality), so I don't get why. In the case of the Kaichou, I wonder if it is a perception issue, as she may come across as aloof, distant, not engaging enough. It could be that they themselves feel it is not their thing.

6. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    If we accept that is highly unprobable that there is absolutely NO company wishing to collaborate with e.g. Akanen, Rikopi, Hono or any other "seemingly free" girl, there is only one explanation for me (and based on the fact that modelling and idol-agenting is nuclear physics for me): there are specific articles/clauses in their contracts with S&F, Sony music or whatever that exclude or prohibit such activities, or are imposing unrealistic terms on the part of the hiring companies, so high, that only very popular girls may cross the threshold for the hiring parts to pay.

But even in that case why???

Otherwise is incomprehensible...

7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

Maybe because there're too many idols who could potentially be pushed
    Just a guess, but if I watch just Sakura I can count at least.... 10 girls who I would give modelling jobs and 4/5 to which I'd give acting jobs.
    Adding Hinata and Nogi would mean more girls to chose, but Sakamichi is not the only idol franchise around.
    48 groups have more or less 15 generations each lol and then there're other idol groups and girls who are part of agencies without being idols....

It's a lot of competition and Sakamichi members are hardly given most risquè jobs so I guess some magazines may not be even on the radar for our girls.

Personally I just hope for at least a second show, because having a senbatsu of popular members means a neverending cycle from exposure to popularity, leaving behind those members who are not under the spotlight.

And I was looking forward to the Borderless drama with Hinata and Nogi girls... did I miss it or is it still to be aired?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Everyone thought Hono was beautiful from the start. Watching last February's Showroom with Karin, I thought she had become even prettier, and was a wonderful person as well. Maybe her profile isn't as good as her straight view. Maybe she doesn't move in the right way. Maybe she's nervous about doing it. But really, how can she not at least get a chance?

Actually, I think the entertainment industry may be more complex than nuclear physics. Human beings are involved.

Borderless hasn't started yet. There's supposed to be a free preview video featuring Yui and Risa Thursday evening at 9pm here. Here's the Borderless website. The show itself starts on Sunday 7 March.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    But one major question is whether things are going well at this critical time or not. I don't know, and we won't really know how things are going until after three singles. And at a time like this, does the group need a new environment of some kind -- or does it need the anchor of the same hosts to keep it settled? Just questions to ponder.

As for the hosts, I'll say a couple of things. First, we were discussing somewhere how some members, of this and other groups, get typecast and fixed in places that don't benefit them. Did this happen to Nijika? To Ozeki? To Oda Nana? To any 2gen? Second, they may be like fathers, but sometimes we have to leave home to grow.

Here's what I've observed. A pattern was seen during Keyakitte, Kakenai and SokoSaku.

Sawabe and Tsuchida are doing mostly talk sessions and background checks. Usually it's famous catchphrases, members quoting each other and pictures of various happenings that have been seen lately in these episodes. To me, it feels kind of boring and unfulfilling, but for the sake of a do-over, I'm swallowing my selfish pride.

I'm seeing this as a chance where undiscovered members have been given a chance to talk to both hosts so that everyone can get an opportunity to be noticed. Much like the earlier episodes of Nogizaka and Hinatazaka, talk sessions are held to flush out a multitude of personalities, so we have to accept it with a grain of salt.

Investigations with these recent episodes unveiled this: Masumoto and Kosaka have weird characters, Onuma has the greatest, unique character of being funny (while being herself), my oshi Rika can raise the roof when ready with that voice and MatsudaYui pair are a collaboration of uncertainty.

I believe they love Sawabe and Tsuchida very much. They treat them well (even financially hahaha), so the bond will definitely strengthen when they really kick the variety content up a notch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I can very well imagine the girls with other MCs, and in my opinion it would be the best. The truth is that I don't see their chemistry with Sawabe/Tsuchida as I do with Bananaman/Nogizaka and Audrey/Hinatazaka. (At the point of the variety)
    And because the girls have known them for a long time and have a solid relationship with them, I think it will be much harder to build that chemistry.
    I see that they would be able to build good chemistry much more easily with new MCs, with a relationship starting from 0.
    But the time for that was with the rebranding of the program, this ship has already left.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Tsucchi is by far a most respectful figure. Whenever I see him in other shows with other Japanese entertainment people, he carries a very intellectual and imposing aura. Maybe due to his high, posture and his extremely fast talking he was (and is) the most appropriate person to MENTOR a group as serious and cool as KYZ46. Sawabe was the counterbalance so that things would not go ... well, too serious. However, Tsucchi knows how to laugh, when to laugh and with whom to laugh. His catchphrases and counter-arguments were pure gold and the fact that ALL girls admire and love him as an imposing yet caring father-figure (in contrast with the oniisan Sawabe) is evident.

Now, if this duo works / would work with SKZ46 well, hmmm I have my doubts but as @Baal said, the ship has already left. Chances are that the MCs will be the ones to adapt to the new SKZ46 image and not vise-versa (the girls going with the flow imposed by their MCs).

Regarding the other MC duets, I am glad that the SKZ duo is not (and were never were) so "cruel" as the early Bananaman were. However, noone doubts their extreme love and affection to all Nogizaka girls. Among those two I admire Himura to the same extend as Tsucchi as a person who is a GIANT in variety, is so talented that has nothing to fear and nothing to prove, so he put forth his antics and self-humiliates himself for the sake of variety. He is geting out of this as winner (he is also extremely athletic for his body structure - just check how he moved on those tiny tri-cycles, just 2 coujichuu episodes ago).

I don't think that Audrey started smothly with Hiraganas. Them and the girls were so awkward to each other... There were moments that I felt that the girls did not liked them at all. Remember that episode where the girls complained that Audrey were both too "cold" and "alienated" to the girls? However, they both treaded so lightly that finally won the hearts of the girls (especially after Hina-ai). They were the only duo that, as far as I can recall never "insulted" or "belittled" any of the girls. The Hinata show is maybe the most balanced between air-time for the girls and air-time for the MCs. They are both away from being fatherly figures, nor oniisans, however, they feel like exactly what they are supposed to be: variety partners for the Hinata girls, a balanced and healthy relation.

And I conclude with my winner: Koyabu-san of Hinabingo 1 and 2. In my opinion, an amazing MC, seemingly capable to adapt to any group "personality" and bring out the best in and out of the context of variety. The speed at which he won over the hearts of the Hinatas was amazing. Back at that time I was wishing he could have given the chance to direct a new Keya-bingo. I think currently he is involved with the musical group of Aki-p the Coin-lockers so to see him in a future Sakurabingo is mere wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Philosophy Senpai -- Good post. Audrey was a surprise to the Gana-chans, a higher, more adult realm than they had imagined entering. It was scary to them, and Kasuga-san can still be scary, by his own oversized physical presence and unpredictability. But they were able to grow and stand up to them and somehow meet them on the same level.

I'll have to take it on others' word that every member loves both Tsucchi and Sawabe. Yui seems to really hate it when Sawabe keeps calling her Pon. I mean really hate it. I probably still feel the hurt that I felt from even Tsucchi's comments early on with Keyaki, when I didn't realize what this world was like. Once I learned more, I was happy we didn't have worse. I haven't ever really been able to watch Nogi's show because the hosts just seem creepy to me.

I agree that Koyabu-san is something special. And he's a god in the Kansai. I remember Higashimura Mei, who is from Nara, unable to stop weeping with joy when he was introduced. The strong, proud Kansai contingent in Sakurazaka is the one thing that makes me think a Koyabu SakuraBingo is at least possible.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @ukifune In fact, as Meimei is my Hinata oshi I felt a huge wave of jealousy seeing her crying for Koyabu. I really wanted so much to be in his shoes at that time. I still believe his chemistry with Keyaki or now with Sakura girls might not have been so absolute as it was with Hinatas, but somehow would produce different results.

But at the end of the day, he may be best fit for the Coin-lockers due to his involvement with music, being such a good drummer.

Kasuga is not scary. I am impressed by his eyes: You can see so much kindness in there!

Bananaman are OK. I loled with your "creepy", that was my very first impression when I first saw them. Himura is like dough, a sweet M ojisan but a beast in variety. I don't think there is anything in this world that he's not capable if doing. Shitara is definitely S as he seems to enjoy torturing the girls (back in 2011 as well as now) but his teary eyes when they perform shows how much he treasures them.

Professionalism aside, I have the feeling that no MC would take it lightly if he is asked to abandon his respective show, so for the sake of my karma, I'll take extra care for what I wish or wish not...

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Philosophy Senpai -- I agree about Kasuga: actually a really good guy. But still big and scary, lol.

I just saw a post in Japanese suggesting a dance unit: 小池 - 武元 - 小林 - 山﨑 - 藤吉 (Koike - Takemoto - Kobayashi - Yamasaki - Fujiyoshi). Then someone posted this picture:

[​IMG]

EDIT: TGC performance video on Chinese site bilibili (Naze Koi, Buddies, Nobody's Fault):

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  15. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Speaking of Kasuga. I don't watch HinaAi, but I see such clips from time to time on Youtube. I think this is an early episode with him challenging Watanabe Miho at basketball. While basketball is mostly non-contact, it is full of contact these days, especially in competitive matches played by male teams. I think Watanabe is more used to a gentler version than the rougher games played by males.

if the video does not show watch the video here

The way he's dressed (and hair pasted down) and the look on his face that can make him look weird. While his moves (to block her) is normal in basketball among males, it can become intimidating to a female of her age. Kasuga isn't very tall for a guy, ~176cm (Tsuchida is >180cm) but more broad shouldered. Still, he is taller than her*. All in all, kowai to an uninitiated female.

* Sometimes a height advantage can be intimidating, especially male to female. That said, I've never asked others about it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Maeda_Toshiie Indeed, he scared the s$*t out of poor Miho-chan, however this had to do with him making a so weird aggressive face. Remember how that Miho brat bullied Sawabe so cruely when they had their own basketball duel? And afterwards during the athletic shooting, where she slapped him continuously with 3-pointer after 3-pointer. Well, all this skill evaporated in front of that pink-dressed, oily-hair body-builder with that weird grin on his face.

I loled so hard with poor Miho during that episode. But Kasuga remains the "gentle giant" and the kind boxing sack for all his Hinata imoutos.

17. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

TGC of only the SKZ members

TC AEON card section (with SKZ)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bingo

Bingo Member

Well she talks about that incident if you want to watch link below.
    https://hinatasubs.wordpress.com/20...rei-tomita-suzuka-watanabe-miho-english-subs/
    skip to 8:26

19. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Anyone know any downloadable source for this perf? I could not find it in normal source like aidoru. The make and hair on TGC was so stunning that I'm shocked

20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm not sure if Pon really hates PonPon, or she has matured enough that she "dislikes it" for variety effect. Imagine if Yui embraces it and says: "I like PonPon, you can call me that from now on". It wouldn't be fun anymore.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1