Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm just happy they include Rika again yay :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Sakura 8 line up is perfect so i'm glad they didn't change it for now, i'm really happy Rika and Inorichan made it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I love the song so much. Oh my god.

4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

OMG THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! GREAT SONG!! LET'S GO SAKU!!

6. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It's kinda Hiragana.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    ...how

8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

What? How? Lol. If we're talking abt what it sounds like, its more like influencer. No hiragana song sounds like this. There is even more kanji in it if we listen closely. Can hear 'I'm out' sound there. Man, this song is everything!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SPTofumon

SPTofumon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kanemura Miku
    Twitter:
    SPTofumon
    This is what I wanted for Sakura, the sound of BAN is just fantastic. I love Nobody's Fault, but it was pretty safe and felt Keyaki-ish; for me, NazeKoi was better and Buddies had a new feel that Nobody's Fault didn't have. I'm so excited to see how the other songs turn out!

And please, I hope we get sub-units, solos/duets, etc. The Saku8 really need some sort of rest when they perform, and it would help give exposure to backrow members. I would like to see the backrow members only get unit songs, but having unit songs just gives more personality and lets other members shine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Yeah, I like this a lot - even from just the dodgy radio audio it just sounds very fresh and interesting. Looking forward to seeing this one performed, I'm sure the choreo will be fun.

11. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    seems better than nobody's fault. hope for a good video.

12. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Love it more than NF. Hope to see Rena Rei and Rika in Sakura 8 next single. Expecting the good MV as Naze Koi

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great singing. Good lyrics (thanks, @too much idea ).

The lyrics are timely and interesting. Not the confident defiance of SaiMajo, but years later, when defiance and following your own wishes has left you stranded, but you are still defiant.

A really good overall sound. The singing and how it's mixed are very strong. The bright staccato of the rhythms makes the heart dance. With joy or with desperation? Somehow, this still gives the feeling of Keyaki strength, despite somewhat negative-feeling lyrics.

This is tailor-made for a great dance MV. Is this group going to win simply by being excellent at what it does?

EDIT: I saw Japanese comments saying they would not accept it if Ban was another Kyun. No, it isn't at all. More like a faster-paced Saimajo.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  14. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I wish the chorus had been a bit more catchy, but it's a good song overall. Definitely a step in right direction. Let's see if an MV and choreo can elevate it to a great song status.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Love the guitar at the beginning and the end.
    The vocals sound a bit strained during the fast chorus, unless a better sound quality can save it?
    Certainly doesn't sound like hiragana. If anything, it's more like a fast version of Nanbito mo by Last Idol, especially the chorus, and I definitely won't object to seeing a dance with swords or other weapons for Ban either. Maybe a video game concept MV, like the lyrics suggest (just a brief mention, but lol)?
    Will look forward to the choreo.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wow, Great One...!

Catchy, pop-sy, fast enough and dynamic. Although it IS Nazekoi's grown up sister, this song is indeed a level up from single 1 productions. So looking forward for the MV, I am expecting some very sharp choreo and I want to see how Morita-typhoon will perform.

I feel the girls are back on track to becoming the no.1 Sakamichi group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sales for BAN online Meet & Greet sessions have begun. Results of the first sales period are in, and the second sales period is now on, going from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday afternoon.

First results are a bit surprising. First, it's a surprise to me that sales are so low, compared to the handshake sales I am more familiar with. Only four members sold out any of their 30 slots, and no-one sold out more than five slots. I can remember times when members would sell out all their 24+ handshake slots in one to three sales periods.

The top seller is Hono-chan! She sold all five of her slots for 18 April. Risa, Zono and Hikaru each sold three slots, on various days. Here's the chart:

[​IMG]

Top four names: Hono, Risa, Zono, Hikaru. Then everyone else in Japanese alphabetical order: 1gens first in yellow, then 2gens in pink.

19. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I have absolutely no clue about how sales evolve in the Japanese idol market. I can only make conjectures and hypotheses based on what I see through Keyavids, Nogiarea and Youtube. And my simple logic is telling me that at least so far Sakurazaka46 continues to be the most INTROVERTED group of all 3. Sokosaku is mostly OK (but with a lot of weaknesses as I already have pointed out), but is this enough? Apart from modelling apprearences of these few established models and the AEON TVCs do Sakura girs appear in any other shows or do the get equal chances of exposure like Hinatas or Nogis (especially 4gens)? I guess not, but I would appreciate if fans from Japan elaborate more on this.

And if my hypotesis os true to what extend does this impacts sales?

Finally, I am confused about the actual sales of Nobody's fault. How did it actually fared against the competition? Just hoping that BAN will actually be a smashing success!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    BAN is one of few Sakamichi and 48 singles that gives me goosebumps all over my body at 1st and 2nd listening, such a strong release from the group! Hopefully this will boost their sales even more

• Like Like x 2