Single Nogizaka46 27th [Gomen ne Fingers Crossed] (2021/06/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Filling the backstory for each member and making a special site for it seems to be a waste. I expected a story MV because I would think they would use what they wrote to extend it out just for a bit. I am hoping that this is the short version and that the BluRays include a much longer cut. Or even a short film for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Ok, just found this on a Nogi FB fanpage. Credit to whoever made this [hehe]
    Now this is the right beat

• Like Like x 1
  3. orangemint

orangemint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Koyabu Kazutoyo
    The MV was kind of underwhelming imo. I usually prefer the MVs without a story (when they're more focused on the choreography) but I feel like with the race theme it really needed one to pull everything together because the visuals on their own were boring. I liked the patchwork (?) dresses but they felt really out of place with this type of song and video, I think something cooler and/or driving inspired would have worked better. Overall it just felt messy.

I really liked the dance though, some parts reminded me of Wilderness World so I think it might be the same choreographer?

• Like Like x 1
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Gotta say, I can't say I'm a fan. The racing concept doesn't fit with the song and it was just wasted in general. Sakura looks awkward in this setting, I feel like Mizuki, Ikuchan, Asuka, or even Kaki would have done a better job. Also I don't think the music video has much replay value.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    not my type. The dance scene is too messy for me and the special effects in the middle part don't fit at all. The camera work is also boring...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Endo surely have the center aura better than anyone apart from Asuka. I'm glad the MV wasn't an MV that only focused on dance and face expression bcs it'll be unfair for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Weird, I liked it (and I'm really not a car fan ^^°)
    I was very much reminded of Igai Break. It had the same mature vibe song-wise and the car race motive, too! Igai Break had the funny toy cars, and now the race is real. [hehe]
    All in all, I'm satisfied with the MV, as there is at least a resolution of the 'story' with Sakura's fast-mode-button. I would have liked it more, though, if they could have given Ringo a part in that story hinting her graduation. For example her being part of a rival team and thus losing against the new gen. Sadly, the screentime distribution is so terrible that any potential would be lost anyway ...

The choreo looks good so far <3 An Sakura does very well, I was surprised about how well she pulled off this concept! But I agree with those who say, the dresses are bad. The normal outfits were nice, but why such a wild mix of patterns??

I'm very curious about the other MVs now. I liked both b-sides so far and since this MV seems quite pricy, I wonder how much effort (and money) they will put into the couplings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

The song is okay but the mv concept is just:gavel: - also the choreo, least for now.

I'll say endo really suit as the center.

9. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Song is so nice! The racing theme for the PV is ok, but I think it doesn't suit Sakura well.
    Maybe a "first Love/first date" theme *finger crossed* he will be there on the date or something like that would be more suitable for her (shy character).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    I actually don't get why people were expecting something "darker" out of Sakura in this MV.

To my understanding, the song is about someone who is having somekind of boredom in her relationship. She's not hating the partner, but there's just no excitement.

So IMO the fact that Sakura somewhat managed to pull out a poker face in the entire dance segment actually fits the song really well.

11. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

The MV isn't that bad but yeah the cars kinda overwhelm me that it's hard to take notice of other members in the MV.
    Choreo was superb tho, specially in "sukidakedo" part where Sakura shows her hidden sexy side, makes me wonder who the choreographer was:corr:

==============

Apparently this is the go pro camera man depicted in Kaki's illustration lol
    https://twitter.com/Arata_Fukoe/status/1393048541367468035

12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The MV doesn't make me more excited. I can't understand what they want us to see. Wilderness World MV served much excitement than this A-side's MV.

But still, I like the song very much.

13. Blitz Comet

Blitz Comet Kenkyuusei

I'm a car guy and love that they used a 67 Mustang convertible. I have a 67 coupe myself so I got excited seeing that car in the video. With that being said, I feel the cars are the stars of the video rather than the girls themselves. I watched it a few times now and still find myself drawn to the cars. I also noticed some things that people who race cars would never do in this video, like racing with wet roads or convertible top down. And what's with the keys being thrown in the air? Why does the smallest girl get the biggest car?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I imagine they had to give Yoda a cushion or something hehehe

Cheers!

15. Joe Yeung Chung

Joe Yeung Chung Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I mostly like the song and I like the MV.....
    ...except for that 1 scene around 1:55~57 with the 4:3 yellowish retro shot of Sakura...and follow by the purple triangle effect....
    Maybe i just don't understand it...

And I like the dance choreography....(not that I know anything about the subject)....

16. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

So 4ki song Nekojita Tea and 3ki song Otonatachi wont have an mv ?

Songs that have/will have an mv:
    GFC
    Nogifes Song (centred by Yoda )
    Yoda Ayame unit song
    Ringo Solo
    Under

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Can't wait for Rusted Compass.:banana:

19. Anqiel

Anqiel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Been watching the view count intensely for the first 24 hours, wishing so much that they would hit 1 Mil before 24 hours, yeah, that didn't happen

The song, truthfully, I hate it, the concept is just..... there is nothing special, YoakeMade was a better song than this, BokuSuki was much more meaningful than this in every sense too, they are trying new things, I get it, hope they will achieve what they expect from it or don't, whatever, they'll just make a new one soon

The MV, boring AF, the concept of rivalry in Japan's Idol industry is overused, this is your successor, this is the previous ace, this is the senpai that you need to beat and replace.............................. The meaning of the lyrics might be something else but, was it ever shown in the MV, nah. Focus of the MV too is all over the place, hectic concept can be very artistic but, all I saw is a mess, do they want to focus on the cars, or the emotion of the girls, or their fashion style, or their stake in the situation, or the effort they have made to win the race, or what else... whatever, they'll just make a new one soon

In the end I have to remind myself, they are selling these girls, not their songs, but the girls themselves, putting them in different concept and keeping them with fresh new looks maybe will sell them even more, maybe, whatever, they'll just make a new one soon

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    What? >(
    I was already so excited about the 3rd gen song, best 3rd gen song since Sanbanme, why no MV...:fp:
    I hope at least they will make an official dance / live video for it with the better camera works than the birthday live one, which was a bit messy...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1