1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single HKT48 14th [Kimi to Doko ka e Ikitai] (2021/05/12)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

^Unfortunately people looking to Billboard for figures without the Oricon restrictions specifically because their figures might be higher are kind of out of luck. Oricon now has 2 different weekly charts. One for just physical and one for everything.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/cos/w/2021-05-24/ - This
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2021-05-24/ - And this.
    They're the same Weekly Chart just the one on top encompasses everything and the one on the bottom is for physical only. Naturally Oricon could still be abstaining from counting something and they might not be counting from everywhere they possibly could, but regardless the discrepancy between the reported sales isn't massive. You do pick up on who does better across all fronts vs just physical after the first month of something charting though as if its only doing well in physical it tends to disappear from the chart that encompasses everything by then.

3 things that undoubtedly will have affected this single poorly:
    The fact the single had to be delayed/rescheduled.
    The fact that the single was up against Hey Say Jump.
    For as much as her fans will not admit it, Sakura's graduation announcement. In addition to taking away any chance of Madoka being in the spotlight (outside of the graduation concert itself of course) in the last days before her graduation at this time which should be her last hurrah, it also served (however minimally/temporarily) to take attention away from the fact the group has a new single out and make it an afterthought (again even if only minimally/temporarily).

I'm going to hazard a guess that with a first week of 141k on Oricon this will clock in at around 165-175k total on Oricon. For Billboard, I have no idea. Often I'll come across someone who'll share the figures for the first three days and/or the first week and then no-one will ever share anything on how the release is doing there so I long since stopped caring how the groups do on Billboard.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    All things considered, I don't think 142k is bad at all for the first week sales? Ishi, the last pre-Covid single, also only sold 50k more. 3-2 also sold 161k, so I don't think the difference is that massive. I don't think Sakura's return / graduation has had any effect on this whatsoever. People knew for ages they (Sakura and Nako) wouldn't be part of this single, plus the single was released before Sakura's announcement. How has this had any effects on the 1st day sales?

I want to add that I am, by no means, a Sakura fan. In one of my posts in her thread I made that quite clear, I think. You're projecting this idea a bit too much imo. HKT48 is progressing, and like Sakura's said herself, it has moved on without her. Nappi and Miku are doing well leading the group, considering the group lost 3 of its most prominent members in a very short time span! Nappi is doing great, but she still needs to really establish herself as the centre/management needs to make it clear she's gonna lead the group from now on.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dragonkiller12012

^True. The sales are relatively stable. Especially so if you look at HKT's entire history of single sales for Oricon. On the front of Sakura's announcement, didn't she make the announcement within the midst of the single's first week? I believe she did it the day they ranked 10th for the daily. In any case the first two weeks are almost always the most important for a single and shouldn't have anything detracting attention from them so it's still bad form even if the effect was minimal/temporary.

PS: The post you responded to wasn't meant to be some dig at HKT declining/Sakura being some horrible person just a breakdown of things that might've factored into the single not doing better in this first week and mentioning where I think it might land in the long run. Also pointing out the thing that Oricon's doing with its charts.

That's why I put the factors in the order I did. A delay/re-scheduling almost never helps out a release, going up against a Johnny's act is usually suicide if you're looking for a #1 weekly, and finally Sakura's announcement (if your favorite rockstar came back from the dead and your new favorite video game had just come out and you were in line for one of the first one hundred copies with a bunch of limited edition potentially one time available items and you could only pick one to care about wouldn't you even for one second stop caring about the game and care about the suddenly alive rock-star? It's that kind of scenario. Even if it's only for an instant peoples attention wasn't on this single, but on Sakura who has nothing to do with it hence negative effect on the single).

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I was going to post this in the HKT Q&A thread but it's dead in there and it's kind of related to the single, so...is it too late to vote for the 2021 request hour now? The ticket in my CD just says to go to www.hkt48.jp for details of how to vote but I can't find anything about it on the site. It doesn't say anything on the ticket about when the voting period is.

Edit: Never mind, there's a link to the voting page from the desktop site (I was using the mobile site): https://requesthour2021.hkt48-ticket.com/ if anyone still needs to vote (until June 20th)

5. Dragonkiller12012

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the J-MELO performance a while ago, some thoughts: first, it's really nice that this show is in english and there are english subs when they speak japanese! (and english subs during performances) I really enjoyed the Melon Juice performance, it was so cute, and actually really nice to watch while understanding the lyrics >.< The talking parts were nice too, they talked about the theater etc. they all looked cute, especially Kaede (I just find her adorable even when she does nothing LOL). Now for the KimiDoko performance, it was so nice to watch it with both choreographies mixed, I loved that their moves were connected at some parts! However there was one part around the beginning of the chorus where it didn't seem connected, it just looked like Nappi and Miku doing different dances? XD But other than this part, everything looks connected, I knew that the centers would join each other in the parts where they walk or run in opposite sides ^^ it was a very nice performance!

You can still watch the interview and performances of HKT on J-MELO in the official NHK World site until 18th July, make sure to watch! The HKT part is the first 19 minutes of the video!

• Like Like x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    relay delivery ver.

[private]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

[Private]

Some parts of KimiDoko's release commemorative event, back in 15th May!
    That day, they performed the 2 b-sides and the 2 versions of KimiDoko too:

2:28 Cinderella Nante Inai
    8:25 UFO Boshuchu
    14:18 Kimi to Doko ka e Ikitai (Mizuho version)
    21:18 Kimi to Doko ka e Ikitai (Tsubame version)

I like all of the songs in this single! <3

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dragonkiller12012

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

[the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.]

Kimi to Doko ka e Ikitai performance at TIF2021 earlier this month! So cute <3

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

My songs ranking for this single:

01. Kimi to Doko ka e Ikitai - I love this song, one of my favorite HKT a-sides! I always listen to the Nappi center version (Mizuho). The two versions actually sound quite different, the voices, right from the beginning since it starts with a solo line. I love Nappi's voice ;_; I only have good memories from this song and this single, and all the promo. This was the first HKT release after I started to follow them again and after I became a Nappi oshi, and she centered, and I loved everything about it, the MV, song, dance, everything! So yes <3
    02. Cinderella Nante Inai - I'm not sure if I heard this song back then but I liked it when I listened to it now! it sounds good, some parts (especially the end) are like from a fairytale.
    03. UFO Boshuchu - A fun song! Lots of energy.
    04. Kono Michi - This is Madoka's graduation song and it's a solo song, and a ballad. Not really my thing ^^;

• Like Like x 1