1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    I noticed that too, but I think it was a copy/paste from the 2018 audition website. An honest mistake, and nothing to be read into.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    at least give Kaki Center position before the 5th gen came in..

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah I am blaming management (which still has its faults) but the truth is times have changed.
    In 2011 it was easier to find on audition stronger and more potential girls, cause it was really the idols boom, where AKB was at its peak.

Now these huge Akimoto Sensei's idol groups are not that huge as they used to be. Another factor is that now we have different Sakamichi groups. A girl with potential and talent could prefer Sakurazaka or Hinatazaka over Nogi to try to succeed, and honestly it's even better for her considering the fewer girls on these ones.
    All these things are making auditions weaker, where it's harder and harder to find a really strong gen like the Nogi 1st gen used to be.
    I can't even complain with management for 3rd gen and especially 4th gen push, they gave lot of opportunities to these girls to shine... it's just that most of these girls are just "meh", and there are too many like this so it's really problematic.

That's honestly the problem. I just have to accept that times have changed and Nogizaka will never shine again as it used to do. I'll just see how much I still can support this group and I really hope to like 5th gen and trying to complain less cause I know I'm pretending the impossible. I hope I can do it.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    re: S&F on the initial website, I thought it had something to do with the kenshuusei system. That maybe some applicants may end up in the sister groups. But if it's gone now then weird....

5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Nogizaka is still the top girl group in Japan, no matter what people say. A girl with potential and talent, like you said, might be swayed over by Hinatazaka (although I do think Hinatazaka's popularity with the general public is overstated by international fans) but no one with half a brain would choose Sakurazaka over Nogizaka.

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    And yet some made that choice in last joint audition. Amazing, isn't it?
    And amazing how those girls respect each other and each other's group. Some fans should just learn from them... now, that would be really amazing!
    The discussion about 5ki has been interensting until the usual belittlement of other groups, but some fans will never grow up.
    Best of luck to Nogi with 5ki. I followed 3ki a little in the beginning and now 4ki obviously, I don't doubt Nogi will do even better than they are now. It will take time to, but the group has all the right cards to make it happen.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    If nogi keeps churning out model like idol, i believe it will keep it high status. If sony doesnt bother to even keep the original concept for nogi which set apart from other cute boobs idols that only attract pedo and pervert guys, then, nogi is finish. And i believe due to hina and saku, nogi status as a model idol declining bit by bit as sony needs also to push the faces of other group too. The higher up in sony right now probably already greedy and just wanted to make money thru HS only. They didnt learn from 48g i guess.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The girls from the last joint audition chose to join Keyakizaka, not Sakurazaka. That's a whole different thing. And you've seen me many times in Sakurazaka threads so you know very well that I'm a fan but that doesn't make what I said any less true. Sakurazaka is in the worst position out of all the Sakamichi groups and they have an odd concept that doesn't allow girls to stand out outside of a select few which makes it even worse than Nogizaka and Unders.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Is it true that HS contribute the most to Nogizaka group total income?
    Why do I feel that members' side job, Nogizaka brand value, CM contract, and concert produce more money than HS, especially during pendemic?

10. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Weird. What? I guess they want pairs/trios that work well together? Manzai duos? The fine print at the bottom of the webpage says it’s not guaranteed you’ll pass as a group if you apply as a group, which means sad stories if a member comes from a broken group. But since they’re advertising it, management almost certainly wants to accept a full pair/trio if they can (unless it’s some kind of sick test lol). So… should be interesting. Worse case scenario is friends/siblings stick together and exclude themselves from the rest of the group. Or get in a fight that’s more personal. But Nogi is probably the best group to prevent this (and thus the best group to test this application method) since they emphasize everyone being friendly. Best case scenario, we get some already-established interesting relationships that help the rest of the gen open up. Well, no, actual best case scenario is we get identical twins and people’s heads explode.
    20 is also when you traditionally “become an adult” in Japan, so I think it’d be hard to raise the limit further, as much as I’d also like older members. I consider the 12 year old minimum worse, I don’t think these girls really know what they’re getting into. I mean, a lot of them probably don’t know at 20 either, but at least they’re more aware. I thought Nogi might be cutting down on lolis since Ayame was 14 and relatively mature, but who knows what’ll happen this time.
    I actually think 36 is a pretty good number to hover around, it’s enough to fill two whole senbatsu with room for adjustments. But hoping that Nogizaka46 won’t go back up to 46 members is futile. I was hoping they’d wait a few more months until we were down to 35-36, but hey, if it’s gonna happen, I look forward to how the 5th gen shakes things up.
    For the record, 1st gen had the least selective audition.
    1st gen: 36 out of 38,984 applicants = 1 out of 1081
    2nd gen: 14 out of 16,302 applicants = 1 out of 1164
    3rd gen: 12 out of 48,986 applicants = 1 out of 4082
    Sakamichi: 39 out of 129,182 applicants = 1 out of 3312

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Interesting
    So 3rd gen the most selective
    And they cut notable applicants that time like Watanabe Miho and Sato Rika

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm pretty sure that if there weren't currently so many flop members in Nogizaka, they wouldn't recruit another gen so soon but invest more on the lot of 3rd and 4th gen girls they already have and which some of them still have to experience senbatsu.

These are the results of the last single released. 13 members that ended up the HS results with a 0/30. That's TRAGIC. No matter what you say, especially if you compare it to Hinatazaka and Sakurazaka, no way you'll see so many girls there having these bad results. So that's the point. Why does Nogi need so many members if they aren't able to give results with lot of these? And it's not like these flop girls are somehow popular in other aspects (maybe a bit Kitagawa thanks to her Q-sama appearances?).
    They should really think about the way they're managing the group and change things. And no, adding more and more girls, no matter that most of them will end up as being tragic average fillers, in order to luckily find the next few "hit girls" is not the solution.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    And if they were still Keyaki you would find another reason for which "no girl with half brain would chose it". Not what "a fan" would ever say. I'm not surpirsed honestly. It should change, though.
    Going on with this is Nogi thread feels quite disrespectful to Nogi fans, I apologize for this. You know where to find me if you want continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Tragic is someone forming opinions solely based on data they know nothing about and constantly refute anyone trying to put some sense into their limited perception of facts

• Like Like x 15
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

We have seen girls like Renka , Asuka improved through the years and yet Stecola already puts a cap to These girls potential.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

The worst part is that, among other mind-boggling mistakes in his method of gathering and evaluating metrics (and disregarding the fact that individual HS sold-out rates are merely 1 aspect of an idol's popularity index or even marketability - that is, what kind of jobs management can find for them to perform that will serve the group's interests - or how beneficial it is to have "entry-level" idols who aren't too intimidating for a casual fan to dabble in the HS experience), he's using a group whose entire roster takes part in the senbatsu and sells out nearly every available slot for all the members to demonstrate how mismanaged Nogi is because they can't do the same for their 40+ members, when in fact nearly all of Nogi's senbatsu members do sell out their slots in the same manner, plus some unders with senbatsu experience, plus other members with no senbatsu or even unders experience to date, plus a handful more slots not sufficient to hit the cap (which you have no idea on how management decides when one slot is deemed sold-out to begin with)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

His mistake is comparin unders to senbatsu members

Unless the other slopes have comparable unders , comparison isnt applicable

• Like Like x 1
  18. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    not too much on sakurazaka …

also it’s the yoda title centre that needs to happen before 5ki

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Don’t use my charts for your hateful arguments you sad little man.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    IMO the idea is similar to American Idol audition stage, if you happened to watch some, and this also beneficial to management in some ways.
    For example, there might be girls who actually had potential but just too shy / scared to apply alone. This method helps to pull them out in the open. Also if they ask you to talk / perform as a group during the audition stage, it is easier to see which girl has the tendency to have better presence compared to others around her when in a group. This also potentially increasing the number of applicants, which would make a good promo when 5th-gen debut later, like : "These 15 girls were chosen out of 300,000 contestants", or something.

Taking the comparison with American Idol again, I think the management's intention is more about singling out a potential candidate out of these group entrants. Accepting two or more girls that happen to be IRL sisters might be actually problematic because family related issues may affect their attitude at work. On the contrary having all strangers teaming up together for the first time, not to mention a lot may came from prefectures far from Tokyo, might actually make bonding and team work easier, because they all have a need to establish a haven in the group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1