Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

That MV is extremely underwhelming. Feels like rehearsal footage and a performance of the Senbatsu dancing with a cover group was just thrown together and they called it a day. The added talking bits about the dance also only served to interrupt the flow.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    the covers are not bad (i've seen worse).

but the theater edition tops them all LOL
    (among the worst, defo).

well sometimes the worst item would gain cult following..

anyway, i hope they have a dance MV,.. will they have one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Serious Flavor is not just a cover group. They are a nationally ranked high school dance team from Mie. While they did release a cover of
    Ne mo Ha mo Rumor (obviously invited to do so by AKB48), they also release their own videos. Recently, their entry in the national high school dance competition was a mash up of NiziU songs, done as a try-out, practice, and then performance (sound familiar?). See the NiziU thread.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

I think the Dance Practice one will be everything we get.

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    The MV is a try hard to look cool budget MV. If someone started dancing like that on the street I would think they were... Oh no, I'm not getting a dislike for this (I am anyways).

[​IMG]

When you let a Japanese person be in charge of foreign languages.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I like the MV. It is not the cool storybased MV I hoped for but it has some good scenes. I like that they show the "hand-dance" uncut but the break after got me confused.
    I like the covers besides the theater versions. It looks like a part of a bad comic

• Like Like x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Does anyone know why Momoka has had such an increase in talk sales, but nobody's buying out Yokochan's slots? I would have expected both of them to have an increase due to it being rare that they're in senbatsu... Not to mention, Yokochan is front row.

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Does anyone know why Onishi ranked 38th in the last Sousenkyo while Yoko couldn't even be in the top-120? Onishi has many fans, a fanbase created thanks to SR, and they have money. AKB fans like girls that interact with them and make them feel special. The question here was always what made them select Yoko for this single, especially now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    That moment when the camera panned from a dancing Hiichan-chan to a Miu with an unclear look on her face... :fear:

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Needs more tochau

Yukirin as sensei. C'mon I like how she played a student playing a teacher in KBMB. Even at 30 is still want to see her play with the students.

Yuihan has been playing the mature role so long it's a given. (Even before she was Dad's gf in tofu pro wrestling ww)

11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Needs more tochau

[​IMG]

I gotta have that tochau

Yukirin as sensei. C'mon I like how she played a student playing a teacher in KBMB. Even at 30 is still want to see her play with the students.

Yuihan has been playing the mature role so long it's a given. (Even before she was Dad's gf in tofu pro wrestling ww)

Yokoyui debuted as a cute kid and now she's dancing Naruto.

Momo's fans all agree she is beauty defined.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  12. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    The mv reminded me of that movie with the cheerleaders (lets go jets? or smth like that), so i kinda liked that aspect of the girls practicing and dancing in random spots either alone or in groups. I just wish this could have been utilized more with their relationships of them as a dance group(like fighting and friendships).

also i wish there was like a big pay off at the end, not just another flash mob, but maybe them performing on a stage with an audience.

anyways i dont like the theater edition and i’ll say it again here, but i wish they couldve left it blank, and given a sticker pack of speech bubbles so fans can write onto it. it would look a lot better than “who let the cat out of the bag” and “secret!”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

Smell
    Strawberry

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

Not bad really.

Sort of reminds me of the "Beginner" MV

15. vitoquartz

vitoquartz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oda Erina
    I was kinda expecting something more... saturated color-wise.
    Hiichan's hair was probably the most colorful thing in the MV and that says a lot lol

Nonetheless, that moody vibe/palette turned out not bad at all! It helps that I'm not overexposed to this school dance club concept (like most of you probably are lol) so plus points for that too, but imo everything was kinda mismatched. You'd expect something way more in your face when you think about the current state of the group concept (as in reinventing themselves after """"losing to nogi"""). Musically it certainly is as in your face as it could be, but the MV was lacking in that regard.

8/10
    -1 for pseudo-fumbling the concept
    -0.5 for lack of odaeri
    -0.5 for whatever the hell they wanted that theater cover to be lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    That scandal was too blatant to forget i guess

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. nazou

nazou Kenkyuusei

I like the color, the best so far but kinda feel the pace of the MV cannot catch up with the the music, it is somehow slow and underhyped to me. The break of music, not my type either.

18. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Bro, I read this thread from the newest page -> older pages, I thought you added those balloon conversations yourself...:fp:

---

Why would a graphic designer of one of Japan's biggest bands do this...

19. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    MV was alright, drama was fine but not really interconnected, but yeah as others have said the break and interview is just not feeling at right place.
    The Eitos shots looking at Hiichan seems strange (or intended?)

Covers.. well just like Sustainable?, not my favorite but some people might like it

Why can't they do it like the old days.... drama then full song while sprinkling story during the dance scenes

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I think I like the way they did this, the school theme again, I mean. I guess what I got out of it was, we're still doing our own way, but now we're going to do better with our old ways. I will say though, the lack of "high school drama" really didn't play out well as their older generation songs, but, it was ok? Honestly, half-assing drama isn't going to cut it if you wanted to show any form of it.

Otherwise, it's still a catchy song and didn't even know that they were collaborating with an actual high school group, lol. That's what I get for not religiously following this drop, lol.