Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I personally don't mind seeing the million-selling streak being broken. I'll still be content if AKB sells as many as 500k copies for this single.
    Let's not forget that that more AKB girls are being put in the spotlight. Isn't this one important step to rebuild the group without relying on popular members from SGs? Compared to how 46 groups are doing, we seem to lose the battle, but there's still a war to win. Let's not lose hope so quickly

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

And, I said you could compared those old sales with current Billboard sale as Billboard counted everything.

Welp. A more proper strategy may be re-positioning. Anyway, AKB needs a new identity to regain its competitiveness in this changed market. A shocking change is needed.

The market is more segmented than just "cute", "elegant" and "fierce/girl crush". For example, in the cute market, they are Hinatazaka, HKT48, =LOVE, Denpagumi Inc. and even NiziU. These groups are similar yet somewhat different. They are also some spaces in between these categories. IZ*One was somewhat elegant yet, not exactly elegant and had a bit of cute feel to it. Not Equal Me is kinda cute with a faint fierce vibe. Also, idol these days are dance oriented thus, a space for more vocal oriented group.

Do 48 labels really have to say against Aki-P music wise? Frustration and Black Pearl from SKE do not sound like they came from Aki-P's store. NGT's early releases sounds very Sony-ish. Also, the existence of Keyakizaka/Sakurazaka does not stop Aki-P from giving fierce songs to Last Idol.

Of course, it is no guarantee that a top choreographer with numerous viral dance under his/her belt will always create viral dance move (and, this is why top K-pop agencies hire several choreographers for 1 song). Still, the chance of a top choreographer to create a viral move is multiple times greater than a noob. Kiel Tutin and Lia Kim each has created many more iconic moves than just the 2 examples I gave. They are considered top ones and highly sought after for a reason. They have better vision what make a viral move viral. Experienced idol choreographer also take into consideration various things like, to give members time to breath and sing, to make members memorable etc. Besides, it will be better for PR stunt. To say AKB will work with the one creating viral TT dance will interest more persons than saying it will work with a no name dance trainer.

Surprise. Difficulty does not make a choreograph good. If that is the case, Fortune Cookie has one of worst choreography ever. Any good dancer can create difficult choreography. You better watch Produce 48 ep6, Sorry Not Sorry team was stacked thus, attempted for a complicated and difficult choreo but, dance trainers, who were famous choreographers, criticized it was "all over the place". Meanwhile, the Handclap team with simpler choreo (co-created by Aoi) was praised.

Besides, is Rumor that difficult to dance? Kids could learn the whole thing in 1 day

if the video does not show watch the video here

The person I quoted apparently. You must have seen it if not blinded by your hateful bias.

Surprise! Difficult choreo can be viral too for example, "Kick It" by NCT and "Wannabe" by Itzy.

How about something that is not difficult, not wearing members out but catchy and neatly executed, especially with a viral worthy part too?

Which meant the effort was invested wrongly? I guess wota complaint because they were not many contents hence, it looked like members did not do anything? If AKB regularly release singing/dancing or whatever videos, less wota will complain? Also, DH could have record the dance practice and made mini document out of it.

Wasn't the sale expectation low because those users believed AKB had been already in poor condition?

Just because you were clueless did not mean I had no respect. The choreo is self-explanatory. By your logic, every single trainer at EXPG Lab must be even better choreographer. Fabulous Ruu won second place in a prestigious international dance contest with her crew, Fabulous Sisters, the choreo for "Vampire" must be way better than the iconic "La Vie en Rose" since Chae Dasom never won a dance contest, huh? You have to be good dancer to be good choreographer but, being best dancer does not necessarily mean one will be good choreographer nor dance trainer.

1. If AKB could not reel in many more fans, more members being more popular will just make existing fans spreading out their same budget on to more girls i.e., from spending 100k on 2 members to 100k on members. In the big picture, the income to the company is not increase.
    2. You forgot "catchy".

Popular song made AKB popular. Just saying.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Maybe, since he is a lyricist.

Your exemple is a dance school.
    Not exactly kids you would meet any day in the streets.

Is that person qualified as an official ? from the press ?

And yet I didn't call the choregrapher "a noob".

Aggressive marketing, handshake events, sousenkyo, etc ....

4. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    i’m just happy the songs are good and the dance is fun(imo i liked learning it even if it looks funny at first). i wish we could have more outfits or mvs, even kick hanareteitemo off the tracklist and do an under girls song

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

The challenge of AKB48 in current context is not create viral song. AKB48 have TWO viral song already. The challenge of AKB48 is to RECREATE THIRD viral song after previous viral song which is ages ago (TWICE not debut ages ago). Momoland and (G)I-DLE not passed second viral song yet, let alone the third. Baam is just follow up of Bboom Bboom, not as viral as Bboom Bboom, riding the wave of Bboom Bboom popularity and as similar as Bboom Bboom. How Momoland progress nowadays? Only time will tell the progress of (G)I-DLE after the Soojin scandal.

The problem is not to execute it but rather to execute it properly and able to grasp the essence of type of dance Ne mo Ha mo rumor belong to. It is belong to the locking dance and the key of locking dance is the sharp movement and sharp stop at particular time besides following the groove. If one not well aware of this type of dance, they will not able to capture what this type of dance supposed to deliver. Besides, there is problem of one being influence by different type of dance.

If kids dance to Ne mo Ha mo rumor, I am expecting this kind of vibe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Viral dance.. do we really want to go back to 2013-2015 era where every year they tried to recreate viral dance every year lol..

Halloween night was choreographed by Suzuki Papaya (who is very famous for creating Japanese viral dances) and Kokoro no Placard is also created by another famous viral dance creator. Koichun worked out but u know what happened to the rest of them?
    i'd rather they step away from this genre ever again.

As for popularity, I do believe the song and dance DID gain popularity, even many dancers applaud them and many tried to recreate their dance... which is a good sign and a success if u ask me.

It could have been better if they recreate better MV (i.e Heavy Rotation was famous for its MV first), but the song and dance did exceed many people's expectations

I guess what's lacking is big tie-in and better marketing. u know like kpop company does.
    how about tiktok challenge

(someone told me nowadays the instant thing to boost ur popularity is making a song that us tiktok-friendly (aka catchy enough to be featured in tiktok). i'm not sure but they can try as Nemo hamo rumor is kinda tiktokfriendly

ps: thanks @bonjourmarlene. ironically this is the first time i look more closely to the HS result till the end lol, so sorry for being so noob

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't think the goal has ever been to create a viral choreo (which is too complicated to do so anyway) if that was the case, amateurish covers would start flooding youtube like in the koishun days.
    But the management aims at showing AKB48 is back on the scene, leave an impact and encourage fans to "look at what they are capable of".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6: 2,050
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2021-10-02/

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    They really dropped the ball with the PV. Who in the world conceptualized that??? As what people were asaying, the tie-in video with ABC Mart is a lot better.

Speaking of tie-in, I think the one they got with New Balance through ABC Mart is a good one. There are a lot of ABC Marts in ALL big cities, most shopping centers have one, and when I passed by the one near my place, there was a display with a tablet playing the Ne mo ha video on repeat.
    The sales was, well not bad. Did anyone really expect them to maintain the millions or even sell as much as Nogi?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

I think a lot of people expected to at least equal Nogi, simply because akb has twice as many members and considering that the popular members of Nogi do not even participate in the handshakes, in theory the gap should be narrower but it is not.

but imo, what people should understand is that akb has to do everything from scratch, you need to give them time to understand what works and what doesn't, expecting them to do everything right at the first try is not the right way, IMO, to support akb.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I think it is interesting to know the trajectory of AKB48 sales in the future. If they can sustain for 200,000 and above that is good for me. At least their sales is on the level of typical female idol group in Japan. Besides, we must take into account that AKB48 might added sister group participation in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

IMHO there has been too much of a negative outlook from the people in charge of production itself for the reception of this single to be overwhelmingly positive instead of overwhelmingly negative and sadly it isn't only applicable to this single but to state and future of AKB48 in general. The people behind the scenes of the group are so focused on this narrative of defeat and of AKB48 having been beaten and conquered that they kind of took this single (and that new show with Nogizaka in the title) as a way to browbeat the members of AKB48 instead of really give them a platform to start the new era.

We can't be arsed to give you a proper MV, we'll just throw together rehearsal footage and you dancing with a high school dance team, and make it doubly stupid by adding pseudo interview breaks and call it creativity and it'll all be super drab in terms of color scheme because god forbid we address color theory at a time when the world needs technicolor the most.

You guys won an excellence award for Hanareteitemo so we're just gonna take up one of the song slots with that instead of record another new song. And we'll record very few songs for the single overall even though it has been over a year since the last single's release and we've basically had you all sitting at home since the new one was announced. The fans surely won't catch on to our lack of organizational skills when it comes to getting you all into a studio to record team songs or gumi songs or something. The rest of the songs MVs? They don't need one.

And you know that new show of yours? You're all just going to keep acting like you have no ideas on how to combat Sakamichi and K-pop.

When are new theater stages coming? Don't know. When will you at least get a fresh oldie to perform? Don't know that either. You want to hold the elections again? We can't. Sorry. Don't worry, the fans will totally not lose what little interest they had left and move on.

It's like the people in charge have gone full force on sucking everything good out of AKB48 so the question becomes; if they're not going to care why should the fans?

@mickwserr - I think half the reason why AKB couldn't at least match Nogi is because even though not all their popular members do handshakes they have more members overall that are familiar to the public due to how many girls have been picked up as exclusive brand models or gotten a lot of CM work. There aren't a lot of girls in AKB who are signed to agencies who've gotten them nearly as good/impactful external work and in the case of AKB girls joining after 2016 most of them aren't signed to an outside agency at all last I checked.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

i agree with you. fortunately things are changing, i see more girls having outside agencies, the last one being Yokochan.
    i don't understand if the management is still the AKS one or DH is a new one with new people, does anyone know?

14. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

I was talking about sales. Even crap sounding singles routinely sold over a million. If fans were spending all that money on "songs" then these groups wouldn't need any pretty girls doing handshake events and appearing on variety shows. The point is that this single would have sold around the same regardless of choice of song. Same for the dance too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's not true with a post-popular group. :flower:

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Just want to let people know how they ended up with that number.
    They took the result at the end of the 2nd resale round and combine that with the oshimashi availability (you can use any online talk tix for slot available for oshimashi) data. What it means is that they showed the slot that is not full (empty enough). How much full/empty for a slot to be available for oshimashi is something that no one really knows.
    For example, Kato Rena is 2/8 (2). 2 sold out because she had 2 sold out from the 2nd resale, thus leaves her with 6 slots not sold out. The schedule indicate that 4 of her slot available for oshimashi, means that 4 slot is empty enough, thus the other 2 must be almost sold out, which they put 2 on the bracket.
    My problem with this data is that the maker make an assumption that all sold out slot from the 2nd resale are final (everyone pays for their order). This might work for pre-covid, but not really the case for the *current situation. If you look at the data from 1st resale to 2nd resale to 3rd resale, there is always regression in the number at the start of the sales, thus sold out in the resales are not equal to sold out on the next round. Also it didn't took account of the fact that a slot might be sold out in the last round of a resale (because the last round data is not available) or **there might be a lot of empty sales. For all we know, Kato Rena can be between 0/8 (4) to 4/8 (between 4 almost sold out to 4 sold out). What is certain is when a slot sold out at the start of 2nd resale, it means that the slot is really sold out and won't be available on the subsequent rounds.
    *pre-covid was that sales during the resale rounds need to be paid by COD (cash on delivery. I believe they can blacklist you if you avoid paying). Currently for the resale rounds you pay as it is on the normal round (cc, paypal, etc) so you can easily bail out from paying without consequences like what happened with Yoshihashi Yuzuka where she was sold out 1 slot each on 10/9 and 10/10 during the normal round but all of her slots ended up available for oshimashi.
    **so far from what I see, there is no empty sales from the 2nd resale tho. Currently there is no oshimashi slot that previously was sold out during the 2nd resale.

The neutral way to read the oshimashi data for me is simply just use the data as an indication of empty enough slots without trying to assume whether the other slots are either sold out or almost sold out.
    You can check oshimashi availability here http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/images/58th-akb48-online-20211012-schedule.pdf
    The slot market with star is available for oshimashi.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  17. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    This hurts so much. A lot of them left before they turned 20. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    3rd resales Round 1 (1st to 4th of October)
    28/60 (+07) Mukaichi Mion
    01/50 (+00) Nishikawa Rei
    05/40 (+03) Chiba Erii
    04/38 (+01) Taguchi Manaka
    02/40 (+01) Kato Rena
    00/40 (+00) Yamane Suzuha
    00/30 (+00) Shinozaki Ayana
    00/30 (+00) Suzuki Kurumi
    01/30 (+00) Furukawa Nazuna
    18/18 (+18) Yokoyama Yui (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    00/10 (+00) Miyazaki Miho
    01/08 (+00) Sato Minami
    00/08 (+00) Michieda Saki
    08/08 (+00) Iriyama Anna (2nd Resales 1st Round sold out)

05/56 (+00) Muto Tomu
    02/40 (+02) Nagatomo Ayami
    00/40 (+00) Komiyama Haruka
    00/30 (+00) Muto Orin
    00/30 (+00) Mogi Shinobu
    00/20 (+00) Kobayashi Ran
    00/20 (+00) Okada Rina
    00/20 (+00) Shimoguchi Hinana
    00/10 (+00) Yasuda Kana
    00/10 (+00) Ichikawa Manami
    00/10 (+00) Yumoto Ami
    00/10 (+00) Nagano Megumi

11/60 (+01) Kubo Satone
    48/48 (+08) Kashiwagi Yuki (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    06/48 (+00) Taniguchi Megu
    02/40 (+00) Iwatate Saho
    03/40 (+00) Omori Maho
    01/40 (+00) Fukuoka Seina
    00/40 (+00) Sasaki Yukari
    00/27 (+00) Otake Hitomi
    00/10 (+00) Takita Kayoko
    02/10 (+00) Yamabe Ayu
    01/10 (+00) Oya Shizuka
    00/10 (+00) Kitazawa Saki
    00/10 (+00) Nakanishi Chiyori
    00/10 (+00) Saito Haruna

60/60 (+06) Okada Nana (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    60/60 (+07) Murayama Yuiri (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    26/54 (+09) Yamauchi Mizuki
    02/40 (+00) Inagaki Kaori
    00/40 (+00) Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    07/36 (+01) Asai Nanami
    02/30 (+00) Tada Kyoka
    00/30 (+00) Ma Chia-Ling
    00/30 (+00) Ishiwata Sena
    00/20 (+00) Omori Miyuu
    00/10 (+00) Saito Kiara
    00/10 (+00) Kurosu Haruka
    00/10 (+00) Kuramoto Miyuu
    00/00 (+00) Homma Mai

60/60 (+18) Honda Hitomi (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    26/60 (+12) Kuranoo Narumi
    57/57 (+09) Oguri Yui (3rd resales 1st Round sold out)
    44/57 (+14) Okabe Rin
    07/40 (+00) Shitao Miu
    11/40 (+01) Oda Erina
    09/40 (+03) Sakaguchi Nagisa
    04/40 (+00) Shimizu Maria
    00/40 (+00) Nagano Serika
    17/36 (+07) Onishi Momoka
    00/36 (+00) Yokoyama Yui
    00/36 (+00) Yoshikawa Nanase
    00/30 (+00) Gyoten Yurina
    01/30 (+01) Takahashi Ayane
    00/15 (+00) Takahashi Sayaka
    00/12 (+00) Fukutome Mitsuho
    00/12 (+00) Yoshida Karen
    00/12 (+00) Hama Sayuna
    00/12 (+00) Fujizono Rei
    01/09 (+01) Hashimoto Haruna
    00/09 (+00) Hattori Yuna
    01/09 (+00) Okumoto Hinano
    00/09 (+00) Yamada Kyoka
    00/09 (+00) Harumoto Yuki
    01/09 (+00) Kawahara Misaki
    00/09 (+00) Okuhara Hinako
    00/09 (+00) Takaoka Kaoru
    00/09 (+00) Hinano Hikaru
    00/09 (+00) Uemi Sorano
    00/06 (+00) Utada Hatsuka
    00/06 (+00) Hidaritomo Ayaka
    00/00 (+00) Mitomo Mashiro
    00/00 (+00) Suzuki Yuka
    00/00 (+00) Sakagawa Hiyuka
    00/00 (+00) Tokunaga Remi

Total: 545/2,254 (+129 since 2nd resale round 3) [24.18% of all tickets sold*]
    Team A: 68/410 [16.59%*]
    Team K: 07/296 [02.36%*]
    Team B: 74/363 [20.39%*]
    Team 4: 157/430 [36.51%*]
    Team 8: 239/755 [31.66%*]

*The percentage of tickets sold is based solely on sold-out slots. The actual number is probably higher but inaccessible to the public.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

【出演者】岡田奈々、岡部 麟、小栗有以、小田えりな、柏木由紀、久保怜音、倉野尾成美、坂口渚沙、下尾みう、
         田口愛佳、千葉恵里、西川 怜、本田仁美、向井地美音、武藤十夢、村山彩希、山内瑞葵、横山結衣
    Okada Nana, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Oda Erina, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kubo Satone, Kuranoo Narumi, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Shitao Miu, Taguchi Manaka, Chiba Erii, Nishikawa Rei, Honda Hitomi, Mukaichi Mion, Muto Tomu, Murayama Yuiri, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yokoyama Yui

You screwed Ran!

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

[​IMG]

Still no full lineup but by the look of it it should be the regular senbatsu.