1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 6th single [Awesome] (2021/06/23)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, May 7, 2021.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MilkyLatte

MilkyLatte Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishigata Marina
    Loved these performances! Saaya and Marina got so many close-ups! <3

And the dance makes more sense to me now. It was inspired by birds! I thought they were doing a Naruto-run as a gag. :fp:

• Like Like x 1
  5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    I never thought i will see a sales from 48 that is under 100k. Is that alarming? How they gonna sustain the cost of the group? Anyway, with group that full of bullies, they deserve to disband peacefully.

• Winner x 7
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And what trolls locked in 2019, who can't come with a constructive post deserve ?

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They're based in one of the least expensive prefectures. The other groups (aside from STU48, but that's different) are all in wealthy, high population prefectures--Tokyo, Aichi, Osaka, Fukuoka. So, costs are quite a bit lower for NGT48.
    Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1089491/japan-prefectures-highest-average-personal-expenses/ (paywall)

Also notable that NGT48's sales suffered less from COVID than NMB and SKE's did.

Oooh English subs too, nice. I wonder if this played on the NHK channel we get here.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Mod warning: either people talk about the single, or people do not talk at all

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I enjoy the performances on J-Melo. It's genki and lovely. The members are giving their best. Life goes on, we move on, also the girls.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/Awesome_(NGT48) - Does anyone know if this single has any upcoming promotion that might help it keep charting? 3 weeks into its Oricon chart run it has spent two weeks selling under 1k over the week (2nd week: Rank 42/Sales 875) (3rd week: Rank 88/Sales 311). This doesn't bode well. It'd be astounding if NGT48 became the first AKB48 Group to not chart on Oricon for at least 5 weeks since way back when AKB48 was in its indies and formative years of 2005-2007 (Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou (4), Boku no Taiyou (4), and Yuuhi wo Miteiru Ka? (3) fared the worst back then in terms of chart run).

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    ^
    >Does anyone know if this single has any upcoming promotion that might help it keep charting?
    It's dead, Jim.

It's dead. And, objectively, a dead business is better off left for dead.
    It's only a worthless and ultimately self-damaging thing to continue throwing good money after bad trying to keep afloat a business known to be unproductive and most importantly counter-productive, particularly when it's done out of a sense of remorse about the money already invested on it fruitlessly, a desire of revanchism against the world, and a (very hypocrite) "think of (a selected few special-interest) girls' future!!!" argument (which was Okada Tsuyoshi's own appeal to get Sproot's backup, incidentally enough, to paraphrase the message of Sproot's president Watanabe that I referenced before).
    That's not my opinion, even, that's facts. This is what the "Concorde Fallacy" boils down to, essentially.

Then again, between runaway "responsible executives" and former theater managers so ~qualified~ that one of their best post-AKB career prospects after years of service is filling bento boxes (I'm not joking), I doubt these groups ever had any "economy-savvy" person to grasp that. Hence why they have ended up like this after committing endless abominable decisions.
    And I don't need telling how especially bad it is to leave adrift and unmonitored like that a business in which the actual article of trade is human beings...

---
    P.S.: Mod, now argue with me how this "belongs to the Assault Thread" too, come on, after moving entire posts there that exclusively had to do with this single's subpar sales and total absence of interest. :*

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    I doubt it gonna help the sales at all at this point, but they already have a promotion with Nico Nico this weekend with several local radio and TV stations and they will start the TikTok promo allegedly in 20th

tbh, nobody expect this single even gonna sell, me included.
    But well, sales is a sales i guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dragonkiller12012

• Like Like x 1
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Rika has posted a 'making' video of the CloudyCloudy MV:

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. Dragonkiller12012

• Like Like x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    MV Niigata soh odori version

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  17. Dragonkiller12012

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's my ranking for the songs of this single:

01. Awesome - I remember listening to this song when it was released, but not thinking much of it... but when I listened now, I really like it! :eek: it's a fun song. and Harurun is center! <3
    02. Hakkiri Itte Hoshii - This is a unit song with 4 members, it's a good song, very "idol". I found it interesting, their voices are all different. So I went to check the lines distribution, if I'm not wrong, I think Oguma Tsugumi has a very good voice... I tried to recognize which parts are Harurun, she actually has one of the cuter voices, I think her normal voice doesn't sound like this but maybe she did this for this song hehe. Usually I can recognize her voice, because I find her voice similar to AKB's Rinrin [hehe]
    03. Kakato wo Narase! - This song is pretty good, it sounds happy and positive. I don't think it's a song that I would really listen to but it's not bad!
    04. Ramen Wonderland - This is not my type of song :^^;:

The top 2 songs are the ones I'll keep here <3

• Like Like x 1