[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Bingo

Bingo Member

3. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Have you noticed the difference in makeup they use for different appearances ? The makeup they use for their variety show looks lighter than for stage performances. Been watching the Keya Last Live and they wore heavy eye liner :cool:. Am no expert on this but wonder if they use brands like urban decay.

4. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Is it just me or it's getting a bit too quiet around these parts? I feel like more people have started to lose interest in Sakura. I don't know if it corresponds with the JP fan community, but the lack of excitement is noticeble. That sort of goes for me too, but these days I'm too caught up in real life, so there's that, hehe.

@Torigoya-San
    Well, that's a given. Lighting conditions, camera equipment and the members' movements vary wildly between recording TV programs in the studio and shooting a live. During live performances most of the time you see the members from afar, so the makeup needs to be thicker for better contrast and visibility. I'm no expert either, but if we add weather conditions or sweat, surely they have to wear something stronger than the usual studio makeup.

5. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Could it be due to the novelty effect wearing off ? I noticed that there was more buzz during the first half of the year when they released their 1st and 2nd singles, but during the second half of the year, it seems that excitement slowly started to lose steam.

Anyway, I wonder whether they do their makeup themselves or the staff does it for them, and even advise on what type to wear ? :blink:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

There was a lot of buzz and 'movement' after the 3rd single was released, and then things died down a bit.

7. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Of course because there is no discussion about hirata rina. For sure, once there tecchi related discussions, this group will shot to the roof again. :^O^:[hehe]

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    If you go back and look at the Keyaki singles, most if not all conversation was pretty much related to techi. techi injury, techi screen time, techi absence. members not getting things because techi got everything. If the conversation wasn't focused on her there wasn't really a lot of chatting happening, so it's little wonder the Sakurazaka single threads die out pretty quickly after the hype. As for the main general thread, most people simply talk about things on twitter more these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Well, we could still talk about nitty gritty things like how they do their makeup or what stuffed toys they have :). It seems the most exciting time so far for Saku46 was when they were first starting out (late 2020 to early 2021) when they were promoting their new image and music, acting in aeon card commercials, and also their recent drama Borderless. Now that all that has been done, they would have to find new stuff to do.

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Videos from today's 'L'Oréal Paris WOMEN of WORTH Award' in Tokyo with Risa, Pe, Honosu and Hikaru:

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Now that mouse computer is the sponsor, other than short commercials, will we be seeing them in "My own way" type of dramas that they did for aeon card ? Really loved seeing them in those kind of short drama series :). Or will their new sponsor just stick to (boring) commercials like they did for Nogi ? Since it's a computer brand, maybe they could do some cyberpunk / sci-fi drama for them or something :cool:. Or perhaps something set in the bright neon nightlife of Shinjuku.

12. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Also, does anyone prefer the online concerts rather than those with audiences ? The online concerts had bigger prop sets, better sound effects (without audience screaming), and the overall ambience and atmosphere just seems more unique and personal :). However, now that they are back to having a live audience, it all seems like a step backwards to just a regular concert with smaller props, and overall just seems less special :(. Also, the outdoor shows like W-Keyaki do not seem that nice with all the rain and lower sound standards. All in all, it seems like they are never going back to the unique online only concerts again :(.

13. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Have you personally attended lives in Japan before?

14. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

They were fun and unique for what they were, but I wouldn’t say I preferred them and even if I did my preferences don’t matter there. They’re not going to willingly forego those ticket and merchandise sales and run the risk of alienating those fans in favor of having more room for creative production and effects. Additionally, I thought the tour final in Saitama was still plenty creative in its production. What I’m looking forward to is the crowd’s ability to cheer and make noise apart from using the stick balloons. Also hoping that the streaming of big shows remains a thing even when things “return to normal.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Is aeon card no longer their sponsor ? What type of commercials/web series will they be doing for mouse computer then ?

16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Aeon Card new video

Don't count out just yet, but I'm still not sure if Aeon Card's sponsorship with Sakurazaka 46 will expire soon...

17. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    ^ Why's Yukka wearing slippers when viewing the ice cream ? o_O

18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Habu is also wearing slippers. I guess because they want to be comfortable and that scene only calls for for their faces to show from behind the counter as they look/choose the ice cream.
    (Either that or princesses can wear whatever they want? :D)

19. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I'm not as active as when Keyaki was in limbo and there were lot's of anxiety and speculations back then which blow up the threads with loads of likes, dislikes, agreements, and disagreements at that time.

And most users are nowadays discussing on twitter. When twitter didn't exist it was great traffic on forums because there was no other place to discuss.

5ch is also kinda dying on Japanese social media when it comes to idol subjects. Twitter has overtaken forums. It's just a normal development in the society.

What is there to discuss other than group's theme, concept, and identity? Because we're still waiting for that from snf. Takahiro has done his best with choreos to tell about Sakura's new theme that has been unnoticed due to miscommunication between snf, Takahiro, and stylist team from the beginning. Even the composer behind the overture just had no clue about the theme. Some Japanese beats in few seconds only to be ruined by dance techno sound.

When snf said last year during announcement of Sakurazaka for the members, they were going to represent Japan and its history. They haven't done that. The costumes have been jarring and nothing related to Japan until MTV Awards for new artist where Takenouchi made this black/red kunoichi inspired costume.

What is kunoichi? Female ninja in the feudal period of Japan. Male ninja is shinobi. Why not samurai? Onna-musha as they are called as female samurais were not rebels like the ninjas and they fought on government's side and with honour. Kunoichi and shinobi were spies and saboteurs. Rebelled against government or were proto-Yakuza criminals.

W-Fes had nothing to do with Japanese theme and Sakurazaka. Western mafia theme from the 60's was out of place. Snf was clueless about their theme. And there are songs like Microscope, SoreAi, Kimiboku, Saishuu, and Plastic regret that don't belong in a Japanese themed group.

Takahiro focused the theme (kunoichi) on Nobofa, Blue Moon Kiss, BAN, and Nagaredama. But the costumes have not been on point. That was Keyaki's blueprint for success. Japanese theme is maybe not as easy as Western military theme. But the stylist team seems to catch up with Takahiro's vision now. Next year it might be more clear as this first year has been a rollercoaster.

With Mugon I expected a more chaotic choreo because they have the kimono costume. As long the formation songs are not serious we can forget about a Japanese theme for all formation songs. Cute songs should be moved to the unit. It's very important they establish the theme, concept, and identity for the next single.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

I can get behind Sugai-sama being an okami running an inn. Yeah, and she looks good with her hair tied up like that.

• Like Like x 1