1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Speaking of surverys, I remember taking part in it last year. Have the results been published anywhere? I checked sakuzakacentral several times some months ago, but didn't find anything.

2. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
  4. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

• Like Like x 1
  5. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Thanks for the replies, this survey is indeed very insightful. Let's see how this year's results will compare to the last year's.

I watched the recent Back's live and decided to share some of my thoughts about it.
    What surpised me the most is that Back's live ended up being more enjoyable than 1st Anniversary. I really like the straight to the point attitude of the smaller live.
    While 1st Anniva was a better show with all the fancy lighting and sfx going on, Back's live felt a better honest-to-goodness live. I've complained about it before and want to reiterate: some of Saku's MVs and performances rely too much on the hectic action, fast cuts and shaky camerawork with sakura petals and other bright objects flying everywhere. Once they tone it down a bit (due to lower budget of Back's) things are starting to feel better. Despite the stream's lame quality, I was able to feel the individual members' talent, expressions and emotions better than during 1st Anniva, which frankly was a bit overwhelming.

I'm not going to analyse everybody's perfomance, just the ones that caught my attention this time. My review is a bit too 1ki centered. It's not like other members didn't catch my attention, I simply mentioned them after the first Back's live. These are my personal higlights.

Koike. Whoa. Give this girl a center already. I remember reading her interview from early 2020, where she said that she wants to become a pillar that supports the group. The mad gal actually delivered. Every move was on point, balanced and nuanced. I like how dance is neither too harsh, nor too soft. While some members tend to overdo their parts, the way Mii-chan moves just feels right to me. The only thing that is sadly stopping her from truly becoming one of the group's primary faces is her comparatively weak vocals. Other than this she topped everybody during this Back's live, no doubt about it.

Fuu-chan. While everybody knows she's a great dancer, I feel like sometimes she gets too technical, too mechanical. This time however she felt more relaxed and was able to inject her performance with more personality. I feel like she's getting more comfortable at being in the spotlight, compared to the previous Back's live. Also very solid singing since Keyaki times, please give her a unit!

Harada. Another member who was always (out of habit?) shying away from being clearly noticeable during the performance. I also sensed a change of attitude from her. It's good to see she's getting more confident with being on stage (her hiatus sure did some damage). She's still young (and getting more beautiful) so I really do hope she won't quit anytime soon. If everything goes right, she (same as Kobayui) is sure to become one of the last 1kis, an invaluable existence to all the future gens.

Renaa. Okay, I'll admit it. I'm completely under this beauty's influence now. While skill wise she's not quite there yet, every time the camera focuses on her I can't help but notice the impeccable idol aura. Of course it's a matter of taste, but she has the potential to go very big in the future. I'm certain. (Note to self: need to check her TV appearances)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Some of the things that can pop out when randomly reading stuff on the intertubes:

[​IMG]
    [可爱就是正义] Cuteness is justice
    src: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/28219689

As an aside, there are quite a lot being written about Keyaki/Sakura (and of course other idol groups) among Mandarin speaking fans (especially PRC), blog posts, articles, etc. My Mandarin is rusty so I only browse through briefly. Plus, their nicknames for the members can be rather difficult to decipher (鸭鸭 == Moriya Akane based the Ya pronunciation, and 小鸭 is Moriya RenAAAA *). Some of the stuff are rather interesting though, but I lack time to go through them in detail.

*I still haven't figured out ZZH is referring to who, S&F, Sony, or whoever is managing the group?

• Like Like x 1
  7. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Judging by bilibili (the greatest Chinese invention ever) the following is quite strong over there. It's a shame that not many Chinese or Korean buddies participate in the international part of the fandom. Speaking of Korea, they have this site with discussions and materials about Sakurazaka. Check it out with google translate, I'd say it's pretty interesting.

8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I watch sakuzaka tv contents on bilibili sometimes and I was quite surprised by how positive they were towards the group, especially at the time before the rebrand. I couldn't believe the vast difference in their posts compared to here during one of keyaki's hard times. I thought they would be more harsh than most of the posters here but they really did prove me wrong.

9. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Yes, Seed & Flower. In Mandarin Chinese, 'seed' is 'zhong zhi' and 'flower' is 'hua'.

10. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

I ocassionally use that site to dowonload performances or lives of various 46/48 groups.
    I've noticed they really hate Takahiro, saying his choreography for Saku/keya are exhausting and would kill the girls haha.

11. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Ah yes, I didn't make the connection. Most of the time, I see 运营 / 事务所 instead. ZZH seems to be more used for "喷" purposes.

Yeah, Bilibili caters to the weeb/otaku crowd (their entrance exam is insane). Another site is zhihu, similar to Quora. The fandom is pretty large in CN and rather positive. Even Sugai is viewed in a rather reasonably positive way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I assembled a collection of them and some are pretty hilarious. I omitted some which I think is rare. There are also a lot of blanks for the 2nd gens.

Tokyo Dome 东蛋
    Akimoto Yasuno 肥秋 (Fat Aki)
    Idol 爱豆 (Àidòu)

Kanji Keyaki 汉字欅(坂):
    Sugai Yuuka 马马 (Mǎmǎ) / 大小姐 (ojousama) / 马队长(Horse team captain)
    Moriya Akane 鸭鸭 (Yāyā, with the ya from Moriya) / 大鸭 (as opposed to 小鸭 ReNAAA) / 魔力鸭 (Mólìyā) / 鬼军曹 (devil sergeant)
    Hirate Yurina 小饼 (little biscuit, 饼 Bǐng rhymes with 平 Píng) / 平手 or just 平
    Nagahama Neru 睡睡 (sleep^2, since 寝る is pronounced as Neru) / 学霸 (knowledge queen)
    Imaizumi Yui 五妹 (fifth sister) / 老司机 (old driver, referring to her past experiences in the industry) / 朱敏 (Zhūmǐn)
    Suzumoto Miyu 栗子 (chestnut in Mandarin) / 栗太郎 (Kuritaro in kanji)
    Watanabe Rika 大梨 (大 for being eldest, 梨 for the Ri) / 大帝 (not so common)
    Kobayashi Yui 林pon (needs no explanation)
    Shida Manaka 喜大 (Xǐdà, sounds like Shida) / 卤蛋 (soy egg, old nickname) / and some less common ones like 大耳朵田田, 皮志田, 皮皮
    Oda Nana 殴打 (homonym of Oda) / 魔王 (reference to Oda Nobunaga)
    Habu Mizuho 哈布 (Hābù)
    Ozeki Rika 师匠 (her nickname by Sawabe)
    Nagasawa Nanako 775 (775 is a reference to her given name in Japanese) / 教主 (church/cult leader) / 三高偶像 (three highs of cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, due to her eating habits)
    Yonetani Nanami 小米 (because of 米谷) / 米警官 (米 policeman, not very commonly used)
    Saito Fuyuka fu醬 (醬 == chan) / PTA会长 (head of PTA) / 富有卡 == Fùyǒukǎ
    Uemura Rina 小号 (means trumpet, but also appropriate for small her physical size) / 千叶妖精 (Chiba fairy)
    Sato Shiori 美大 (referring to her attending an arts college) / 砂糖 (Shātáng, or sugar, and sugar in Japanese is also pronounced as sato)
    Harada Aoi 小葵 / 非洲小学生 (rather nasty and not commonly used)
    Koike Minami 咪酱 (Mii chan)

Za Cool 渣酷 (Zhākù)

Shortened forms (primarily based on their kanji names, often used when mentioning multiple members):
    林 - Koba
    理 - W Risa
    虾 - W Risa (not sure)
    志 - Shida
    栗 - Kuri
    富 - Saito (富 == Fù)
    睡 - Neru
    号 - Uemura
    尾 - Ozeki
    葵 - Aoi
    马 - Horsie captain
    鸭 - Duckie vice-captain
    土 - Habu
    池 - Koike
    泉 - Imaizumi
    wyui - Koba + Imaizumi

Second gen:
    Morita Hikaru 光光 (easy to confuse with Endo)
    Takemoto Yui 五元 (homonym of 武元, kanji for Takemoto)
    Tamura Hono (田村)奶宝 (homonym of the 保乃 kanjis being reversed)
    Matsuda Rina 点钞姬 (the last character 姬 is hime in Japanese, or an old term for wife/concubine in Mandarin, and is a homonym of 机. 点钞机 is a machine used for money counting at the banks, referring to her former employment in a bank). Also called 银行妹 (bank girl)
    Yamasaki Ten 天酱 (酱 is commonly used in Mandarin for chan)

Moriya ReNAAA 小鸭 (since 鸭鸭/大鸭 is Nen)
    Ozono Rei 玲帝 (玲 from Rei, and 帝 means emperor)

Hiragana Keyaki 平假名欅(坂):
    Saito Kyoko 京哥

There are mostly likely other nicknames too, especially for Hiragana/Hinata, but I don't follow them.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    My grasp of kanji (and by extension hanzi) is quite limited, but some of those puns are pretty funny indeed, like small Moriya and big Moriya :D
    Sugai being called mama is cute af :lol:. I wonder if 非洲小学生 is meant to be 'elementary schooler from a poor area'. If so, that does sound a bit mean, but kind of fitting given how much of a skeletron she was in the early days.

13. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Lol, Harada being called an African school kid because she is/was brown and skinny.

Many of the nicknames are a play on the pronunciations (Nen is also called 五千 (5000) because it sounds like 屋茜 in Mandarin) because of the differences in pronouncing kanji by both languages. 魔力鸭 (Nen) and 殴打 (Oda) had me laugh out loud when I first saw them. The more creative ones are those like 三高偶像, 点钞姬, 奶宝.

14. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I kinda was expecting the g news but why so early!!! :cry:

15. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

OMG WTF. You made me go onto Twitter and I found the blog post. I didn't believe in those predictions of centering just prior to graduation...

16. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

I am expected Risa graduation in this year as already Neru and Rika graduation but not that so soon in beginning of the year 2022.. Saku need to learn from Nogizaka46 in order to maintain the group, but it all depends on SnF management..

17. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Nagahama's graduation is kind of a long time ago, and my impression is that Risa is not that close to Rika (different cliche within the original Keyaki), so I am not sure if they are linked.

The choice of centers in the first two Sakura singles already suggest that S&F's hope for the group lies in the second generation, not the first. It admittedly makes business sense, given that the first generation is heavily tainted by Keyaki's history. Thus the Keya/Saku first generation are likely to be viewed as being more expendable, so they have no reason to try and deploy them the way the Nogi first generation was employed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I feel sad, but not surprised at all. Risa, our serene beauty and one of the pillars, has other goals in sight. It is not clear when her graduation would be, as in right before the 4th single, or after it?
    I surely will miss her. :(

I'm afraid Yuuka may be next.

19. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Not surprising at all. 1ki went through a lot that can't be said. Risa gave hints way back in keyaki when mgmt dissapointed them but everything the members do is for the group, members and fans. The sakaruzaka46 now isn't like before rebrand where they are unstable. Sales may go down but they still have the popular members and as grads appear, we still don't get worried cos the members each have shown their potentials in various ways to show they can propel the group no matter what. Graduating now isn't out of pain or impatience but an achievement after a work well done. Thank you Risa. Let's enjoy the remaining of your stay warmly with lots of fun, since we now know 4th single is on the way hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

It seems Risa will stick around after the 4th single activities are done. We still have her for a few more months! (half of 2022?)