1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I had the honor of attending Hinatazaka's live yesterday and have to say that the entire venue roared when they started performing Kataru nara. Everybody was spot on with the penlights and we were all green in a matter of seconds. The song slapped very hard and to this date it was probably the closest to an actual Keyaki live. I'm insanely grateful to Hinatachans for delivering what I had thought I would never be able to experience. Sasaki Kumi later told us that members were very happy with our warm reaction and the green-lit scenery was amazing.

From what I've heard from Japanese fans, the majority of them are fans of both groups and they don't seem to have this strange divide that exists in the Western fandom. I mean, lots of people were casually discussing their favorite Sakurazaka members and praising Masatsukeisu among other things. Some people even wore Sakurazaka merch (oh horror) :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. lovetrip

lovetrip Kenkyuusei

i actually had japanese fans in mind when making the post lol, twitter keeps recommending me passive-aggressive tweets from them (tweets with relatively high positive engagement, 100+ likes and no replies/qrts dunking on them lmao). i'm guessing it's mostly saku-onlies upset at the fact that their favorite group's lives got cancelled while hina still gets to do theirs, and who let themselves get fueled by obvious hina-only trolls. but i'm glad to hear that the audience reacted positively at least! i hope the hina girls focus their energy on them, and not the loud minority (no pun intended) online.

i do wonder what sakura are gonna do about the cancelled live though. are they going to hold their own w-keyaki fes at a later date? are they going to hold a separate live marketed as oze and aoi's grad ceremony? or are they going to extend their stay in the group until the next best time to graduate, live the 2nd anni?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @turbogig I'm glad that what you described was according to my expectations of a healthy fandom... Also I'm glad that you had the chance to attend this concert by winning the Hinata lottery and not the Sakura (which was your personal wish as mainly a Sakura fan). The super-duper unfortunate event of the cancellation due to Covid made me think that it was destiny, after all, that get you win the Hinata lottery.

For me, both groups continue to be the two faces of the same coin... Love to both!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    How you know Runrun has a bad fever ? Anyway, will there be a replacement concert ? Otherwise the weeks spent practising will be like wasted time and effort.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lovetrip

lovetrip Kenkyuusei

^ she said so herself on the message app. you can search for "#hikarutalk 高熱" on twitter to see people talking about it. it looks like akiho also has some symptoms according to her blog. :(

6. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I think there are both just as in the international fandom.

Also this could be a result of both Twitter intentionally recommending spicy stuff to generate continued scrolling and the angry people being the most vocal. But the latter doesn’t mean the angry people are the majority.

But I personally think it is identical to how the international fandom is- Keyaki fans who only liked Kanji members are now only Sakura fans, same for Hiragana-Hinata, while fans who had members they liked from both sides are now fans of both groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika

if the video does not show watch the video here

eng subtitles have been added!

Also 25th (monday) 'as you know' is coming to streaming services!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Will we be hearing songs like Hiraishin again ? Hina46 did some Keyaki songs during the W fes but it did not fit their image. Which other idol group will be able to do songs like this again ?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    They may perform them in future grad concerts, and W-Keyaki Fes should feature them once they are actually able to appear next time.

We may very well never see a group with their style ever again. The idol world will look very different ten years from now, Keyaki is the past and in the view of many idol executives and managers it may have been seen as a failure.

That’s not to say that those sorts of songs won’t be made ever again. But to have a group focused entirely around those themes is something I don’t think will happen.

Keyaki was kind of a miracle, and I am skeptical it could be repeated.

No one made Keyaki, Keyaki happened. That made it incredibly special but is also probably part of why it couldn’t be saved.

So not only would it be difficult to recreate, but it would be difficult to keep together, and that wouldn’t be something worth investing in.

• Like Like x 2
  11. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    W-Keyaki perfomances of sakurazaka have been rescheduled to 8/19 8/20 the grad ceremonies of ozeki and aoi are on the 20th, the 20th will be streamed as well!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    That, my friend, is the saddest thing I've read about Keyakizaka46, but is the harsh reality, I and many others refuse to admit, although deep in our hearts we have already accepted.

But we have Sakurazaka46 and Hinatazaka46 now. In my opinion they don't carry any torch but it's all we have NOW. That deserves at least our love and support!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    A group like Keyaki can indeed be made again, if some management wants it. They just need to find the right girls and the right songwriters. It won't take much work. They just need to research Keyaki performances and choreography and outfits. And some Keyaki songs such as Katarunara and Mou mori have a futuristic feel even ten years down the road.

Maybe some fans can request / petition management to create another group or even sub-group of Sakurazaka that has the Keyaki image. But it seems that no JP fans thought of it. o_O

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    It’s certainly a possibility, and another could be made, but whether it would really be “another Keyaki” is debatable IMO.

I could probably make another Nirvana if I searched hard enough and studied Nirvana’s music, but there won’t really ever be another Nirvana.

I can recall the discussions over the center each time a new single was announced, and the way people were wowed each time a new song was released, even if their favored member continually did not make center. I could go into it more probably but I will digress.

To put it simply, I don’t think the feelings that came from that group can ever be replicated, and thus that group can’t be replicated.

Perhaps an evolution of the Keyaki concept could be created but it would not be a return of Keyaki. That’s a bit nitpicky but I somehow feel defensive over all of this lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    today it was announced that sakurazaka46 will hold their 2nd tour, the last day will be held in tokyo dome

the dates + locations:

9/29 - 9/30: Osaka 10/5 - 10/6: Hiroshima 10/15 - 10/16: Miyagi 10/21 - 10/22: Aichi 10/25 - 10/26: Fukuoka 2nd TOUR Finale will be held on November 8th and 9th at Tokyo Dome!

this was all revealed in the youtube live they held today

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

He said another group like keyakizaka, he never said someone was going to use a time machine to go back and clone them atom for atom.
    Also it's a bit conceited to assume that nobody in the world will ever have strong feelings for any group ever again like you had for keyakizaka. Different people can have strong feelings about different things to what you do, it is subjective. And there are new groups created every year and there are new people taking interest in them every year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Like I said somewhere else around here, I vote for Sasshi
    She'll give us the next keyaki-like group and if it will sound like her current groups do, I'm already sold :D

Does anyone knows if some Sakura tour dates will be also streamed or are we back to only-in-Japan-concerts?

• Like Like x 1
  18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    god we literally have tokyo dome for sakurazaka and we're still discussing the past... it's hell HELL i tell you

anyyyyways, i'm sure they'll stream maybe one tour live but definitely stream the tokyo dome live. We may also get to see the 3rd gen members by then, if not right after, and thats so exciting! I'm hoping that it's a tokyo dome with no graduations tbh.. it would be great to see the full strength of sakurazaka without the weight of a graduation looming. As much as i loved the 1st anniversary live, a grad con will always fill me with dread lmao. I'm hoping that by november japan will have finally sorted out their covid rates so that we don't have another wkeyakifes issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    I am very hyped for tokyo dome, my theory is that the 3ki members will be introduced there maybe perform some songs. I also think the last day in dome will be streamed

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, since we have latetly gotten a lot of streams, which I am very happy with.

Regardless I can't wait for all the new songs to get performed especially time machine de yeah!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sakurazaka46's appearance at ROCK IN JAPAN FES. 2022 (supposed to be last Saturday 8/13, which also included Suzuki Airi, SCANDAL) got cancelled because a typhoon hit the Kanto area...

Very unfortunate... :cry2: