1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Thanks @sscrla, I was able to pre-order a set from them.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just remembered really hard about the existence of this old fan blog from the good ole days, took me a little of concentration to recall what the URL name even was, now I'm having a comfortable trip down the memory lane when everything was simpler. Thought of sharing it here for remembrance.
    I wonder what happened to Patachu since he just fell off the face of earth and deleted his Twitter account no long after. Man, if you're still there knock twice.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120000000000*/http://deliciouscakeproject.wordpress.com/

With that said, I remember another fanblog from around the same period which used to post lenghty, random philosophical musings about idols (Hello!Project and AKB48). There was a multi-chapter menu in the homepage since it was clearly meant to be structured like a literary compendium but, alas, it never got completed. Header used to be a photo of Freud holding a penlight in lieu of his cigar. If someone remembers the URL I would appreciate. Link hopping between archived pages produced no results.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Damn, you are bringing back memories for me, back when I used to run International Wota. Pata is an interesting dude, I met him a couple of times back when AKB came to NY and LA. I always got a kick out of his posts about Sugaya Risako

I'm trying to recall the other blog you are referring to. Could it possibly have been Mini Moni Mania, which was run by Kirarin Snow (K). I don't know if I would call that blog philosophical per se, but K used to write some pretty interesting and "off the beatin' path" posts, being that they're a mathematical wizard. I used to see K around the Bay Area, and we're friends on Facebook.

There's another blog I'm thinking of that you may be referring to, and the blogger was also a writer on IW, but I can't recall his name, or his blog EDIT: The name of that blog was True Life Seek, written by Broomhead

I was researching this stuff on my old blog 'Idolgasm' https://idolgasm.typepad.com/blog/

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm currently visiting Sydney, Australia and as I had a little time to kill this evening I visited the city's branch of Kinokuniya to see if they had anything idol related. The answer was yes but it was pretty much all 46G (plus some Kep1er!):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I did look through all the books stacked vertically (most of which can be seen in the second photo) and I did find one copy each of the PBs of Mirurun and Umechan but there was nothing else 48G related. The store was one of the biggest Kinokuniya branches which I've seen in my travels but it does look like Australian Jpop fans strongly prefer Sakamichi.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A comedic history of the Toto Washlet (with lots of hole references), but first, the first commercial.

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about travel reopening in Japan, specifically Tokyo.

After nearly three years of heavy pandemic restrictions, Japan reopened its borders to independent foreign travelers on Oct. 11. Still, tourists need to prove they’ve had at least three vaccinations or provide a negative coronavirus test result within 72 hours of departure to enter the country.

Pre-pandemic, Tokyo’s reputation as a safe, clean travel destination dense with modern and ancient culture drew tens of millions of tourists a year. The border closure as the pandemic took hold in early 2020 signaled a difficult time ahead for Japan’s many tourism-reliant industries. However, there was a palpable sigh of relief from residents and businesses who felt strained to keep up with the ever-growing crowds of tourists. For some, the period of closed borders was a welcome break to take stock and implement new strategies for when tourism recommenced.

Now that the tourism floodgates are open, Tokyo hospitality workers and business owners are bracing for another wave of foreign travelers eager to rediscover what was once one of the top destinations in the world.

ZXQV2SKSAV2CMQ5TCTPWRRZGTM.jpg

A shot from down the street from the theater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2022/11/11/japan-travel-open-restrictions-tourism/

7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My Australian trip has continued to Melbourne and as I'm a big fan of Aussie soaps I just had to visit 'Ramsay Street', the home of 'Neighbours' which is actually a small side road called Pin Oak Court in a suburb called Vermont South. I thought there might be some security patrols there and indeed there was a man from a security company in a high-viz jacket standing in one of the driveways. We didn't talk but he was watching me very closely so I quickly took these photos (without him appearing in them) and then I made a swift departure:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Japan is not immune from world wide trends.

"The October nationwide consumer price index, which looks at the price movements of goods and services consumed at home, rose 3.6% from last year, excluding fresh food. This is the largest increase in history in nearly 40 years."

https://newsdig.tbs.co.jp/articles/-/207194?display=1

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nostalgia Time

I used to live in Little Tokyo in LA on San Pedro St, just half a block from Weller Court, which is on Astronaut Ellison S Onizuka St. I shopped at Marukai for groceries and Kinokuniya Bookstore for gifts. Asuka, of WWE, flew into Burbank Airport (the air scenes at the beginning remind me of returning from the Bay Area on Southwest) on her way to a WWE show and visited my old stomping grounds. I also would shop at Japanese Village Plaza across the street, which she visited after her Shabu Shabu dinner. You can see her walk by the Yamazaki Bakery where I would buy buns and other baked goods.

• Like Like x 3
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Interview with J-Melo host May J. from 'Amemura TV Extra' on Avex's YouTube channel:

• Like Like x 3
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The former President of the PRC Jiang Zemin died on November 30, and it is having a major impact on my life. Not that I especially care about him, but the Party has ordered a period of mourning and told entertainment companies not to release any new programs. There hasn't been a single update in the last three days for any of the Chinese dramas I have been watching, and I am devastated. :(

I guess I will have to stick with American football for now. :)

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Jpop duo Yoasobi had their first ever overseas performance in Jakarta, Indonesia
    20221205_093416.jpg

15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The latest promo video from the Huis Ten Bosch theme park doesn't involve any HKT48 members this time but it does include Dutch cartoon legend Miffy (a.k.a. Nijntje):

• Like Like x 1
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    You mean Nijntje a.k.a. Miffy ;)
    In Japanese the name officially is ナインチェ・プラウス (which includes Nijntje's family naam 'Pluis')
    You can hear them switch between Nijntje and Miffy (although they tend to use Miffy more(

btw, 'konijn' means rabbit and 'tje' is a
    diminutive, so 'konijntje' means little rabbit .... (so for a Japanese person it would seem 'konijntje' means little little rabbit ;) as 子 (ko) means little as well, 子兎)

'pluis' is fluff ... Nijntje is a a fluffy little rabbit

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Twitter has just announced it's no longer allowed to mention other social media sites.

[​IMG]

Most (ex)AKB members I follow on twitter have at least their instagram in their profiles, pretty sure their usage will drop off if they are nog longer allowed to link, and to be honest, the member accounts are the only reason I'm on twitter anyway.
    (and it's a total mess the last few weeks ... I would not open my twitter at work as the algorithm seems to think I'm only there for the gravure .... :/ )

It's frankly an insane rule as instagram is a completely different beast from Twitter, but if you want to make Instagram grow, this the the way to do it ;D

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I just checked a few that I follow. Paruru, Yuko, Acchan, Yuihan, and Mako don't link to Instagram, but Haruu and Churi do (but haven't been taken down yet).

Team 8 still up with links among the few I follow:

Sato Akari, Hidayaa, Hattori Yuna, Yurina, and Yokochan

P.S. Be sure to vote that Musk should step-down.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    and Elon Musk has revoked the ban after criticism
    he then did a poll wether he should step down as CEO (because he'll be probably forced to step down regardless or maybe he's just delusional and think he's doing a great job)
    58% told him to buzz off

20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Congratulations Argentina
    selebrasi-pemain-argentina-usai-memastikan-diri-menjadi-juara-piala-dunia-2022-1_169.jpeg