1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Called it… :cool:

Nana Na Na, Nana Na Na… Hey Hey Hey… Goodbye! :awesome:

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She said it the day of the first practice, before she'd even met the guy.

I'm glad she was able to put her thoughts and feelings in order. This is a far better response than what she said in mobame or what Mion tried to say on Twitter. Questioning the very existence of the love ban is spitting in the face of all the otaku who supported them up to now, regardless of whether it's technically not written on their contracts.

... All that said, I wish it was just an apology and not a graduation announcement. But I suppose Naachan must be Naachan, and given time to truly consider it this was the only option that fit the stoicness with which she had pursued her idol career up until meeting that man.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 11
  3. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I hate this
    I hope things work out with her boyfriend
    I hate this
    I hate this so fucking much
    I hope things work out
    I hate the otakus for making this necessary

I hate the love ban
    I hate management hiding behind their "no official love ban" stance when there OBVIOUSLY is one that just isn't written down on paper
    I hate it all

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like x 8
    • Dislike x 8
    • Creative x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Do you remember Miyuki? Watanabe Miyuki aka Milky or other member with dating scandal (Milky lived with a guy and at the same she had working in a NMB48) Absolutely no problem... She created her own image with her own hands. Nobody forced her to be like this. As a result, she lost the most important thing in relations with fans - trust. Even the scandal with Yokono Sumire was not so disappointing for the fans. She did not pretend to be a serious, intelligent and decent girl. This is neither good nor bad. This is the price you have to pay for your actions.

I read the translation of the message from Nana. It was a touching and well-written letter. She sees the problem very well. Loss of trust. She leaves very beautifully with the right words. Good for her.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't think Nana is a bad person
    like Suzuki Yuka our Yokono Sumire for example
    , but she fucked up, things would be a lot different if she had announced her graduation BEFORE bunshun, she was searching for a new place, so they are serious about it and could be done.

From now on i wish her the best.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I am not happy for this outcome, but it’s probably the least bad one, all things considered. She obviously shows heart and backbone and is herself until the (bitter?) end.

What I really appreciated about Naachan was her razor sharp attention to detail. (And dirty jokes.)

I only shook hands with her once at a zenaku and during the time it took for me appear from behind previous person’s back and walk two steps towards her, she was ready with a compliment.

Second example for me is during any omiokuri, when most members are basically zombies repeating ”ありがとうございました” and who might react to seeing a foreigner once said foreigner is stepping away, Naachan was ready every single time, noticing a gaijin and switching to English with ”Thank you VERY MUCH!”.

Even with these small things she showed an attitude of ”raising the bar”.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    The thing is... the way I see it is...
    In my eyes Naachan has done nothing wrong. I also understand in the eyes of herself she feels like she has done something idols shouldn't do and I understand if she wants to graduate that is her perogative.

BUT... In the end all I can feel is that it's fucking unfair. Maybe it just shows that I as a fan as well feel some kind of possessiveness towards idols, but... Why do I have to stop being a fan of the idol Okada Nana... just because some other people cannot be a fan of her any longer. In my eyes she has done nothing wrong, yet because of other peoples (in my eyes) unreasonable demands and views of idols she must step down.

I fail to see the problem. I fail to see the crime she has committed. I fail to see how changing your mind or changing as a person is bad.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

noob idol “fans” today are soo cute… :^^;:

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Well, she lost the trust of other people (not only fans, but staff and members). Many began to look at her as a good actress. All so good, she reads morality to others, but she herself does not live in accordance with her own words. Maybe you, as her fan, are just a cash for her? Maybe she's just the most disgusting person in the world. Likes money, drugs and kicking cats. There was an illusion that she was a good person, now there is an illusion that she is a fake person. Previously, fans could not accept that Nana would break her rules. Now fans do not know how many sins are hidden behind her smile.
    Imagine that the kouhai you taught morality are now looking at you as a liar who actually has no morals and loves to spend nights with men. Or maybe even worse. It's hard...
    It's not a dating issue. Loss of trust. It's all very ephemeral. When Sumire left, people were at a loss as to why? The rising star, the gravure queen, is leaving, sad. Nana's departure is expected and approved by the majority. There is a sense of the correctness of her graduation from AKB48 and justice.
    And there is no love ban...

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The decision was expected. I imagine her original plans were to announce it during her solo tour, but the fuss around this news... forced her hand a little bit.

At least she's not resigning on the spot, so hopefully she'll get some sort of send-off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    There is very obviously one in spirit.
    Sure management might not be actively enforcing one, but they can hide behind the fact that they don't NEED to.
    Why would they need to risk the bad press of putting it down in the contract when clearly the fans will do the work for them

I get what you mean and I quite frankly just find it absurd. She isn't kicking cats. She fell in love. We didn't find out anything bad about her, we found out she is a human person who fell in love. There is no morals that can change love. Love just happens to you, no matter what your personal stance on the matter is.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rangga AG

Rangga AG Kenkyuusei

Nana changing her mind or self as a person isn't wrong by itself, but that one thing she choose to change is something that should be static WHILE being an idol. You don't need a written rules if a norm is already there, yes yes its just a norm you can violate it anywhere anytime and won't get fined or jailed per se, but the punishment will still be there in the form of social punishment which range from being disliked, losing of trust or even shunned and we clearly know that what nana gets is the outrage and lose of trust from 'some' of her fans which end up causing her to opt to graduate.

Welp,how about stop being the fans of Okada Nana the Idol as of today and start being a fans of Okada Nana as a mere human,afterall the current Nana is more than a mere 48G Idol.

Lastly,loosely citing from previous posts,a "True" fans will stay loyal no matter what happens. Let's see if you, me and the others here is truely "True" or not

• Like Like x 5
  14. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I will always stay a fan of Okada Nana, but the situation is.... To explain it is how I am with Techi. I adore Hirate Yurina the person. I think graduating for her was the right choice and I am insanely happy for her. However I am not as big of a fan of actress Hirate Yurina as I am/was of the idol Techi, purely bcs I am not as interested in their activities.

I will stay a fan of Okada Nana, but her activities will now become a lot more difficult for me to follow, her content will be a lot harder to access and overall there is a high likelyhood that her activities might not be something I am interested in.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Why do you think she don't like kick the cats? :lol: When people lose trust, anything becomes possible. And that's the problem.

And no, it is more likely that the girls themselves leave after the scandal. It is impossible to work in a work team when you lose the respect of your colleagues.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Agreed and I really hope she gets a proper send off. Please Shinobu make it a pretty grad dress.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  17. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    natural order restored.

================
    bring mion next to the table for not protecting suzki yuuka with the same ferocity

• Winner x 6
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Late graduation announcement. She doesn't deserve any applause. It looks like she's running away.

Graduation date is undecided so she could be living in the same house with her BF (or husband) before graduation concert.

If she announced graduation on the first day with a clear apology (instead of using Mion to tweet about the love ban bs), maybe slightly better.

• Disagree x 9
    • Agree x 7
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    She gave 10 years of her life to the group. I was already expecting her to announce her graduation soon, even before the dating scandal. Shame she couldn't graduate without the scandal since it would have been better for her career but nothing to be done about that now. I wonder how long before Yuiri is gonna announce her graduation... That said, she doesn't seem to have many prospects outside of AKB so she will probably keep milking the cow until there is no milk left.

And it's her father who helped her purchase the house? Guess he was so relieved that it was a dude that she's dating that he quicky pushed her towards that heteronormative lifestyle. :XD:

• Dislike x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm getting flashbacks from the time Yaguchi Mari simply disappeared one day from Morning Musume because of her dating "scandal". The sad thing is that that happened 2005 and it seems that in 17 years nothing has changed.

Ohwell, give her another single center, a graduation song with the musketeers and YNMO and a Budokan send-off! :awesome:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1