1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shinoda Mariko (Mariko-san) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Datalanche, Jun 10, 2007.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    [UberEats] This is what a girls' party with mom friends is like [Girls' Party]

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Mariko new video

• Like Like x 2
  4. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    what in the world is going on...

:explode:

6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The husband has so far denied that they've split up or divorced and said that he regularly travelled back and forth between his place of work and Tokyo, where Mariko and the daughter are/were staying. However, he was also very ambiguous and when asked "is your separation about Mariko's man troubles?", his response was "Where did you hear that?"

I'm neither saying Mariko cheated nor that she didn't, but it doesn't look good for her. I wonder if any of them will make a public statement.

I suppose whether or not Mariko releases more Youtube videos including her daughter in the near future might give us a clue.

People are also upset because Mariko was given an award for being an amazing mother, as voted for by Japanese women/mothers. With this news breaking, many will probably regret their vote now, which isn't great for Mariko obviously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    for someone involved in a 'huge scandal' Mariko just seem to go about her business
    https://twitter.com/mariko_dayo/status/1562741982812061700
    As I mentioned on the discord, the only source there is is on (really badly formatted) website, which quotes an anonymous 'friend':
    btw from that quote I understand this is partly in the past.

ow, and they have some random pics of Mariko standing on a street with some other people.

and then there's the part that @bonjourmarlene quoted.

there might be marital problems, but this is really really thin unless Mariko or her husband publicly adressess it

ow, and it wasn't "she went to a love hotel with a handsome young actor" it was "she went to a famous yakiniku restaurant and karaoke with several other people, amongst which a handsom young actor"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    This is why I have to marry my oshimen, to save her from the disgrace that is an AKB's post-graduation love life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Mariko has just dropped a Q&A video:

As far as I can tell she doesn't mention anything about her marriage but as one of the commenters noted she's not wearing a wedding ring.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Something I've only just discovered (it was announced back on 7/8) is that her official FC 'MARIKKO' will close at the end of this month:
    http://mariko.fanmo.jp/info.php?id=453
    http://mariko.fanmo.jp/info.php?id=462

Message from Mariko (via Google):
    Her final FC event was held on Saturday where her father also attended:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci4zs_6BDUy/

308549907_793745938502374_8150051935226898686_n.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    A rather long article about her and her husband
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/5232a6bab4dd5bc247d23ba4af59fef9fabb9295

Mariko Shinoda: "I haven't seen my 2-year-old daughter for 6 months! All-out war with her husband
    Mothers should concentrate on raising their children until they are three years old. The myth of the three-year-old child is still widely held among the general public. However, Mariko Shinoda, 36, who was awarded the "Best Mother" award for her dedication to child rearing, had a complicated situation that prevented her from living with her beloved daughter, now 2 years old. The end result of the legal battle that ensued was a quagmire....

It was a chilly night in late October. A tall woman wearing a bucket hat, sunglasses, and a mask was standing in a residential area in Tokyo. The apartment, where she had lived with her family of three until a short while ago, was too spacious for her to spend time alone. Mariko Shinoda's back was somewhat forlorn as she walked alone along the street where she once pulled the hand of her young child.

Shinoda, a former member of idol group AKB48 who now works as an actress and model, married a man three years younger than her, Mr. A, in February 2019. In March of the following year, she gave birth to a baby girl and resumed her activities as a "mamatare," and since then she has been busy juggling work and childcare.

She is so passionate about food education that she obtained certification as a baby food consultant in order to prepare baby food, and she posts videos of her daughter, who just turned 2 years old, growing up on her YouTube channel, "Mariko Shinoda's House. In February of this year, her husband, who looks a lot like her daughter, also made an appearance and opened up about the daily life of their close-knit family ......" (source in the entertainment industry).

In fact, Shinoda has been separated from Mr. A for several months and lives alone apart from her beloved daughter. It all started with a marital dispute. An acquaintance of Shinoda's reveals, "The cause of the separation was Mr. A's desire to be with his wife.

The cause of the separation was that Mr. A suspected her of cheating on him. Mr. Shinoda denied it, but he argued with Ms. A, who grew increasingly distrustful of him.

The couple had several meetings, but their relationship was never restored. An acquaintance of Mr. A, who had been consulting with him for some time, said, "I believe what Mr. Shinoda says.

Mr. A, who no longer believes what Ms. Shinoda says, is unconvinced by her denials of the affair,...... and since the other man has not responded to any of her suggestions for a meeting, we have heard that Mr. A intends to file a lawsuit against him in the near future.

What happened to Shinoda, who was awarded the Best Mother Award in 2021 and was supposed to have lived a "daughter-first" life?

Shinoda, who is from Fukuoka, joined the initial members of AKB48 in 2006. At the time, she was 20 years old, a late bloomer for an idol.

She was 20 years old at the time and a late bloomer to the idol scene. "The song I performed at the audition for the first stage members was 'Bad Girl' by Miyuki Nakajima. She was once unsuccessful in the audition because Yasushi Akimoto, the producer of AKB48, said that she was too "innocent," but she won again because of her part-time job at a café attached to the theater. She was known as one of the hardest workers in the group, working hard on her acting studies and voice training even when she was off the job.

Shinoda, who continued to perform on stage almost without a break until her graduation from the group in 2013, suffered from "burnout syndrome" for a period of time after switching to acting.

She says she "lost sight of her goals and became anxious about having an opening in her schedule. She also became impatient when her friends around her got married one after another and said, 'I feel like I'll end up procrastinating if I keep timing my marriages. A mutual acquaintance introduced her to Mr. A, and they decided to get married within two weeks of meeting, which was reported as a '0-day marriage'" (aforementioned entertainment reporter).

She had a grand ceremony at Moana Beach in Hawaii, and her wedding reception in Japan was attended by all the members of AKB48. She says she suffered from postpartum depression at times, but overcame it with the help of her family and friends of her mother.

They seemed to be a close couple who consulted each other about everything. They sometimes quarreled, but they made up quickly, and Shinoda was able to relax by being with A-san.

Shinoda, who self-analyzes herself as having violent emotional ups and downs, even describes her own personality as an "instant water heater. In the early days of their marriage, she even told Mr. A that she would not tolerate betrayal and that she would divorce him if he ever cheated on her.

No matter how harsh he was, Mr. A treated Mr. Shinoda with great care, and the fact that she expressed her feelings to him was like a sign that she loved him.

I intend to submit this as evidence of infidelity.
     It was around spring of this year that the happy days of Shinoda's life began to fall apart. Shinoda was increasingly going out at night after putting the children to bed, and when Mr. A tried to keep her company, she would not listen to him.

From that time on, Mr. A suspected a male-female relationship between Ms. Shinoda and Mr. B. Mr. B is a charismatic businessman who has many friends among athletes and entertainers and actively appears in the media himself. He met Ms. Shinoda through a mutual acquaintance, and after a series of dinners with several people, they gradually began to meet alone.

Mr. A once told his acquaintance that he had witnessed a shocking scene.

Mr. B owns several properties in addition to his home, including an office in a prestigious tower condominium in central Tokyo, where the two once spent the night until morning.

The fact that Mr. B is married and the father of two children also puzzled him.

If they were having an affair and the situation became public, it would hurt their families. If they were having an affair and this became public knowledge, it would hurt the other man's family, and more importantly, how would he explain it to his children when they find out? At a loss, Mr. A confirmed his relationship with Ms. B to Mr. Shinoda many times" (a former acquaintance of Mr. A).

Still, Shinoda did not change his attitude, saying that he had done nothing wrong and that he and Ms. B were only business associates and that he would continue to have meetings with her in the future.

When questioned by Mr. A, Ms. Shinoda said that she and Mr. B had "just had dinner" and that she was "paranoid" about the affair. On the other hand, there were times when she was distraught and crying, and Ms. A became impatient with Ms. Shinoda's continued refusal to tell the truth. She said that she had no choice but to take action to clarify the situation and collected the messages that Mr. Shinoda exchanged when he met with Ms. B. If a lawsuit is filed against Ms. A, she will be able to prove that she has been unfaithful. If there is a lawsuit in the future, I hear that they intend to submit it as evidence of their infidelity.

On the other hand, another Shinoda acquaintance who knows about the commotion does not hide his anger, saying, "No matter what Ms. A says, I would never have an affair with Mr. B.

No matter what people say, there is absolutely no affair with Mr. B as Mr. A says. It is true that she may have visited Mr. B's office late at night and stayed there until morning, but that was just a meeting. There is no bed in that office, and I cannot do anything strange. If you try to work after putting your young child to bed, you have absolutely no time at all during the day. No matter how much I try to explain it to them, what is it that makes them assume it is infidelity. ......

There has certainly been an increase lately in arguments and other disputes. I have heard that the word "divorce" has crossed his mind at times. He has also asked me to stay home more. But she was responsible for most of the finances of the house, and she was also the one who had to go out at night because of her job. ......

I heard that she took her daughter out of the house while she was at work and has not been able to see her for almost half a year now. I hope you understand how difficult it is for Ms. Shinoda to live each day. No matter how much suspicion there may be, there is nothing that isn't there, and I have done absolutely nothing wrong."

Mr. A and his daughter live at Mr. A's parents' home, while Shinoda still lives alone. They are currently in mediation at the family court with lawyers on both sides to designate a custodian. At the mediation, Mr. A's and Shinoda's arguments are constantly at odds with each other. The two are now engaged in an all-out, mud-slinging war.

In the course of the mediation, Mr. A submitted several written testimonies from Ms. Shinoda's side, and she was extremely embarrassed that a third party, who had no knowledge of the couple's circumstances or their child, had accused her of character and behavior. Some of the accusations were things that she did not even remember, and she was completely distrustful of people," said an acquaintance of the couple.

In mid-November, it was reported that Mr. A was in "financial trouble" concerning the company he runs.

In mid-November, it was reported that Mr. A's company was sued by a former business partner for advisory fees and other claims. Mr. A felt a strong sense of discomfort at the fact that the news came out while mediation was in progress.

A friend of Mr. A's told us, "They are still in the process of deciding whether or not to get divorced.

For Ms. A, even though she has been unfairly attacked, she feels strongly that she should raise her child in a calmer environment than Mr. Shinoda. As for Ms. Shinoda, she feels that she is the one who has been putting her daughter first and foremost since her daughter was born, and she is absolutely determined not to compromise. Under such circumstances, it seems that there is a part of them that are exchanging evidence in order to make each other's position worse.

I believe that the mediation for custody will be finalized by the end of this year, if things go normally."

Kenichi Nagai, an attorney at Adele Law Offices and an expert on divorce issues and custody disputes, explains.

In mediation to designate a custodian, the court takes into consideration a variety of factors, including the petitioner's circumstances, the wishes of the custodian, and the financial strength of both parties. In cases where the child is an infant, the mother tends to be favored, but the father is not necessarily at a disadvantage because continuity of custody is also considered important.

The dispute over custody and parental rights is a separate issue from the demand for alimony from the partner of the infidelity. Even if the other party denies the claim for alimony, the claim for alimony may be approved if the evidence presented establishes infidelity.

When we asked Mr. A about this, he simply said, "At present, we do not have an answer for you. On the other hand, Shinoda's office said, "The affair is untrue. I have painful feelings about other matters, but I cannot talk about them at this time. Where will the two parties reach a point of mutual agreement? It will take some time.

Josei Seven, December 15, 2022 issue

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I considered skipping past this at first when I saw the post, because it is long, but I'm glad I ended up reading it. It's interesting.

So it's confirmed now that Mariko's husband has left her and taken the daughter with him, they now live at his parents' house. The person that she's being accused of cheating with also isn't some handsome actor/celebrity, but a business man.

I actually didn't know Mariko got married after only knowing the guy for 2 weeks, but I guess this scenario shows that those kinda relationships have a low success rate (not saying they will always fail though).

It's such a shame for the daughter that their divorce is so messy now. I'm a child of divorce myself but I never had any issues with it, and I fully believe it's because of how amicably my parents split up. If the article calls this divorce an 'all-out mud-slinging war,' then I massively doubt that the same can be said for this divorce case.

If they're taking this to court, there might also be a possibility of it being confirmed or denied whether Mariko has actually had an affair. Currently, it's all rumours and suspicions, so people are currently able to make up their own minds what they believe, but if there will be text messages shown in court, there will be an official ruling as well.

It's all very messy, basically.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 2
  19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    This is an auto translated article and confirms nothing. The article is essentially a gossip article. The only real statement in this at the end of the the article.

"A氏に質問すると「現状はお答えすることはありません」と言うのみ。一方、篠田の事務所は「不倫は事実無根です。それ以外については苦しい思いはありますが、いまはお話しすることはできません」との答えだった。双方が合意できる着地点はどこにあるのか。まだ時間がかかりそうだ。"

Which basically says her husband when asked said " I have no answer for you at this time." AKA 'No Comment'. Her agency said this "There is no truth to the affair. I have painful feelings about other things, but I can't talk about them right now. "

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    A full timeline of what is going on with regards to Shinoda's infidelity scandal - allegedly spanning as early as 2010 during her heydays, as well as some internal infighting.

EDIT: Disregard the first half of this timeline - it seems like the OP is trying to form a narrative that this current infidelity scandal is related to her issues with members/management back in the day.

EDIT 2: ...or disregard the statement to disregard? According to /r/AKB48 (Reddit), @takigare3's original statement did match up to the English timeline. (EDIT 2a: @takigare3 didn't mention any of the Chiyuu-related stuff that was on the English timeline, so that's likely the stuff added for narrative.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2