1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The ordering, shipping and arrivals thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jul 23, 2007.

1. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This post (it will be quite long) is about a recent arrival, but also about how shipping has changed (for me) over the past seven years. Recently, I have been buying more ITZY than anyone else (My Last JPop was purchase 11/23/2021: Ne mo Ha mo Rumor, re-union by Little Glee Monster, and U by NiziU) and have posted arrivals in their thread, but today I am going to post here because I want to ask you a question.

Today I received ITZY’s Cheshire (C Ver. Signed).

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg
    with Chaeryeong's signature
    [The thing in the upper right is actually a die, when folded. You can see the six sides and the flaps around them. The problem is that they don’t stay in place. I may have to glue it together.]

In the past, this might have been shipped from Korea or more recently from Amazon, but now ITZY has their own US internet store, and this was shipped from Austin TX. Here are some of the ways I have purchased goods in the past.

In Person
    Japan: BookOff in Kawasaki near the JR station
    Local: BookOff in Gardena CA
    J-Pop Summit (2017), Fort Mason Center for Arts and Culture, San Francisco CA

Internet (shipped)
    From Korea: Yes24, 11Street [warning: never buy from 11Street]
    From Japan: Amazon, LimitedStand (aka limista via Tenso)
    From Hong Kong: YesAsia
    From Los Angeles: Choice Music, Target
    From Other US: Target (NJ?), ITZY online store (Texas), BlackPink online store (unknown: not shipped yet)
    From Amazon:
    Sold by asian sellers, shipped by asian sellers (e.g., BLACKPINK - Kill This Love from KPOP MARKET (Hanteo & Gaon Chart Family Shop))
    Sold by asian sellers, shipped by Amazon
    Sold by Amazon, shipped by Amazon (e.g., ITZY Not Shy, next day delivery)

Now my question for you: how do you display your treasures? Photos obviously can go in photo albums, but what about larger items?

I have purchased art portfolios (8x10” and 14x17”) to display items left to me by @Cristafari, for example SSK posters.

IMG_0975.jpg
    (of course I will use Paruru as my example :))

As for posters, while buying posters shipped in a tube rather than folded is possible, all of mine have been folded (it’s cheaper that way). I have never pinned up a poster, not even on the ceiling over my bed.

I did buy a Poster Frame Shape B2 (Black) (515x728mm) by Arte ($60, most of which was for shipping) sold on Amazon by a Japanese seller and shipped from Japan to hold a poster of Wasamin that I saved from the trash at the J-Pop Summit in San Francisco in 2017. Japanese movie posters are a special Japanese B2 size, not the same as B2 for other purposes.

wasamin.jpg
    hanging above my desk

More recently, I had an ITZY Checkmate poster framed. It cost me roughly $80, but is much higher quality than the frame I got for Wasamin.

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg
    on my bedroom wall

I also have posters from TWICE, Nayeon, ITZY (Lia), and BLACKPINK that are not displayed (and one more of ITZY), unless you consider lying flat on top of a dresser as displayed. The largest two are Lia at 30H x 20W and BP at 23H x 17W. I am not going to frame them because of cost and limited wall space.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

So what do you do to display your goods?

P.S. my current dilemma: do I want to spend three times to cost of the single to get my new poster framed?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This is a pertinent question for me currently as I've a signed poster of Mirurun on its way to me from Japan. It's part of the promotion for her new single 'MELTY' and as she's my all-time NMB48 oshi (and indeed my all-time second-favourite 48G member after Mayuyu) I'd really like to display it so I'm starting to think about framing it but I haven't yet looked at costs.

At the moment wall space is all I have to display new stuff! Over 90% of my collection is in drawers or boxes. I do though keep a special collection of stuff on top of some drawers next to my bed so seeing these every morning helps me to get up out of it [hehe]:

[​IMG]

From right to left is a handprint by my ex-SKE48 oshi Minarun, signed cards by Hidaaya of T8 and my current AKB oshi Komiharu, all-member signed albums by LE SSERAFIM and BLACKPINK, and a signed calendar by ex-SKE member Churi (simply so I know what day it is lol).

As I said, most of the rest of it is stored away due to lack of display space. As an example here's two boxes full of IZ*ONE stuff:

[​IMG]

It includes two signed albums (one of which is visible on top) so it's a huge shame I can't display some of this. (and don't get me started on the two boxes to the left which contain mags and PBs from pre-2020, at least the more recent stuff is more accessible.)

CDs are mostly in drawers, for example here's my collection of AKB singles (they were in a box until I cleared the drawer of old clothes and gave them to a charity collection!):

[​IMG]

I would very much like to display more items (e.g. signed photocards and chekis from 48G members, and other Kpop signed albums such as those from TWICE and ITZY). In a way it's a nice problem to have and I'll see if I can have a general clear-out and move-around of stuff at home after Xmas.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I like the drawer idea. My CDs are on bookshelves, but that leaves more empty space than your drawers.

5. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    Been awhile since I posted in this thread, here are my purchases for 2021/2022!
    Picsart_23-01-28_12-38-08-887.jpg
    Bomb! Magazine that featured Miyu Mizushima and the rest of AKB48 17th generation (amoung other 48g members) and Nemohama Rumor, Hisashiburi no Lip Gloss and Tick Tock Promise (AKB48 Team TP). I never got around to picking up Moto Kare Desu and probably won't, but I do plan on getting HKT48's Outstanding album with the 1st generation cover art.
    Picsart_23-01-28_12-38-57-684.jpg
    Bonus photos from Nemohama Rumor and Tick Tock Promise (Hisashiburi no Lip Gloss was from a reseller, cheaper but no photo)
    Picsart_23-01-28_12-39-31-780.jpg
    AKB48 webshop photos of Miyu Mizushima ❤️ I'd like to collect all of her photos eventually, although I'll have to rely on auction sites for a most of them, they sell out so fast on the official webshop!
    Picsart_23-01-28_12-40-05-572.jpg
    Speaking of, here are some of my recent auction site purchases. The Team B version DVD Boxset of the iconic Surprise was Arimasen concert where Heavy Rotation was first performed, Erena Ono announced her graduation and Tomochin dropped Acchan's birthday cake on the floor. Also some photocards of Nachu (SDN48) and AKB48 8th generation Nikoru Miki's first photo set from July 2009. (I'd like to eventually collect all of her photos too).
    Picsart_23-01-28_12-40-32-881.jpg
    This is how I store my merch (minus magazines). So far I'm able to fit it all on one shelf, I'm not sure what I'll do once I run out of room, I like having everything in one spot.

• Like Like x 5
  6. jon_azuki

jon_azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ma Chia-Ling + Mizushima Miyuu
    Twitter:
    OttamageDiamond
    This is my first time ordering idol goods. This batch was from a bunch of orders since the release of Moto Kare up until the end of October, and it arrived first week of January.
    photo1.jpg
    photo2.jpg

Next batch should arrive in April/May.

• Like Like x 4
  7. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Since Team 8 is ending soon I decided to buy some of the nama-shashin for Team 8. It was the set of them wearing costumes from previous singles/songs.

With Berin's one, I'm not sure what costume her song is from. But Ayane's is the Mayuyu's costume from 11gatsu no Anklet and Maria's is the outfit from Sustainable.
    DSC_8495.JPG DSC_8497.JPG DSC_8496.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Rinrin's costume is from Shoot Sign, it's Kojiharu's costume :chuffed:

001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Ah Thanks!

10. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The acrylic stands I ordered in late January arrived yesterday, 10 days after being sent from Tenso. They're about 5 inches high, and look pretty good.

[​IMG]

However, they turned up the brightness level to 11, so that lighter colours tended to be lost.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jon_azuki

jon_azuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ma Chia-Ling + Mizushima Miyuu
    Twitter:
    OttamageDiamond
    Next set of Macharin goods have arrived.

Non-AKB merch (Maid Ranker, Rakugo, Birthday Event)
    illuminus.jpg

AKB Shop Goods. I ran out of space in her photocard album.
    akbphoto.jpg
    that is one huge button/pin
    akbshop.jpg

The Pamii penlight arrived 1 week before the combination deadline, so I am very happy it is here.
    penlight.jpg

an older book from 2019. There's an interview with her.
    topyellneo2019.jpg

Maria gravy
    mariagravy_censored.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Some more Berin stuff that arrived today.

sta.JPG

The first was a bunch of half sized photos from the latest single. I'm not sure the best way to display them yet, but it's a perfect size to put inside my phone case so i've put one of them there. The other was some of the last Team 8 Photos in the famous blue costume.

• Like Like x 2
  13. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    ***Photos claimed. Thank you

I am downsizing my collection of physical goods. I am still very much a fan of all-48 but my focus is on subscribing to streaming services and inperson events when I return to Japan.

Starting with my photocard collection, if you are interested in receiving ALL of the photos below i will ship to you via surface mail free of charge. DM me if interested. Not a large collection but begins with suku suki skip calendar cards and going forward.

If you want to receive faster you can send me a shipping label to print. I will not ship individual cards. Its all or nothing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  14. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    After finding good home for my member photos^^^ I did order a custom print of the Don Quixote home theater. No my original photograph but a common license image from the same year as my 2019 trip. Okabe Rin was poster girl at that time

[​IMG]

The gallery that did the mounting is called CanvasPop. I’m not to sure about the shadows on the image. Have to find a way to brighten. Might try painting accent wall a different color

15. memoire

memoire Kenkyuusei

Coming of age ceremony photocards from the last few years:
    seijin1.jpg seijin2.jpg

In case anyone missed it:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  16. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I don't usually post here, but I thought my oshi-produced goods is worthy of a post. Got a full set of everything to show my support, and also photocards of her participation in the 61st single

[​IMG]

Not pictured are her monthly photocards. Starting this year I decided to collect all of them, which admittedly is rather costly, though I try to save by ordering once every 2 months, as the shop always re-releases the previous month's photos along with the current month's one, which saves me a fair bit of shipping and proxy fees over the year

17. memoire

memoire Kenkyuusei

Nagi-chan, omedetou

nagi01.jpg nagi02.jpg nagi03.jpg nagi04.jpg
    nagi05.jpg nagi06.jpg nagi07.jpg nagi08.jpg

18. memoire

memoire Kenkyuusei

Maria, omedetou

maria01.jpg maria02.jpg maria03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    If folks are going to Nov 18/19 handshakes, let me know?

• Like Like x 1
  20. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Some new photosets arrived today. I got the same pair for Berin and Ayane. The yukata one is my favourite!

DSC_8619.JPG

• Like Like x 2