1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    In my opinion Sakura was pushed towards a more Nogi-style some songs ago. Something I didn't really appreciate and put an hold to my active interest. (Among other choices I still don't get)
    It's really hard for me to understand why new and old fans should chose a copy instead of the original, in this case Nogi.

Still, Sakurachans are cool, and fun and beautiful, and so much more... but as a group it's like they have no definite identity and this does no good in a market full of everything and more.

I don't know about new gen cool-vibe.. I'm waiting for their first video to judge, but just yeasterday I stumbled upon a pics of Sakamichi joint audition and Man! I forgot how different they were back there [hehe] The change is impressive

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I agree. Maybe in the eyes of the higher-ups it's better to follow the trend, so they should copy something successful. But in reality, sometimes it's just better to be unique and to have its own colour. I don't think going back to Keyaki style is the right move, but becoming so "Nogi-like" isn't either. I believe that the main problem regarding Sakurazaka46 is that they don't have a distinguishable image yet, it seems like they're trying to make the group look more like Nogi but at the same time keeping the cool aspects and although it kinda works in some ways (I really like their MVs and the songs are good as well), it doesn't do a good job in promoting them in the harsh reality that is this industry like @Dill said. But I'm positive regarding the new single and I hope Sakurazaka46 will find its own image soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Personality aside, tall and slender (thin) girls always look better on stage and on screen.:blush:

4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    No. Not one bit. The new members don't have any vibe for me just yet except for anticipation. It's sort of hard to tell from just seeing shadows and body parts.

The knock on Nogizaka is that they cultivate a more demure image for their members, but I think that extends to the type of girls the sakamichi series look for (Aruno and Okamoto's scandals not withstanding). I think it's something to expect from those who pass sakamichi auditions.

The funny thing for me is that the preview for Hinatazaka's 4th gen gave me Sakurazaka vibes with a flyover on the cliffs of the sea. That preview presents a mystery -- mysteries and coded messages are the realm of s&f. I guess how similar Sakurazaka's 3rd gen preview is to Nogi's preview MV of 5th gen maybe evokes a Nogi image, but I definitely don't feel it. We'll just have to see in a few hours...

5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

And we have the first 3rd gen girl! :)

Mio Matono, 16 year-old, from Fukuoka. After watching her short vlog, I have to say I'm impressed. She seems to have a strong personality, and even without knowing the other 10, I'm getting future captain vibes.

6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    If you squint, Mio looks kind of like Sugai. Also, are the threads starting for the 3ki yet now that we're getting their introductory vlogs?

7. welp

welp Next Girls

The "nogi-like" complain is bull with the existence of Sugai, the most elite lady member of the whole sakamichi ever. With good training and some time, any member can develop a convincing stage persona regardless to their natural off-stage selves. It's even more endearing when the idol is only powerful on stage and sweet/bubbly off-stage.

Rather than cool or not cool off-stage persona, what sakurazaka needs is funny members.

Generally speaking, prettier members sell better.

A dancer said that the ideal height for dancing was medium height (around 165 for women). The movement may not look clear if the limbs are short yet, can easily look awkward/messy when they are long. Long limbs are also more difficult for formation. Someone may hit someone while traveling to the next position.

To be a ballerina of an elite ballet company, there is strict standard on the height or proportion. She must not be too tall or too short. Her neck must not be short. The length of her arms and legs must be not too short or too long.

8. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    mio is really pretty.
    My japanese is very limited but i did like her vlog. She felt quite confident, her drawings were also really cool!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Interesting girl and artist... there have been some of them on every gen so far.
    To me she doesn't looks like Yuuka, but she surely gave me more mature vibes then her actual age.

Good choice putting her video first.
    187k views and 11k likes in around 6 hours is no bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Mio, speaks and moves in front of the camera as if she is doing that for years, such is her mature aura for a girl of just 16 y.o. On the side of looks, initially she reminded me of a mix between Kakki Haruka (for the face not for her - amazing - drawing capability) and Yakubo Mio of Nogizaka but as the video progresses she became more and more of her unique pretty face...

In any case Welcome Mio!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    keyavids has Mio's video subtitled on their site.

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nagisa Kojima (17 years old) Born in Nagano Prefecture

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    At last we see a Nagisa idol. The name of my beloved heroine from Clannad anime. As far as I can remember she must be the first girl from Nagano-Ken in Sakamichi. Another one who is not scared of cameras and she plays the piano as well. So far, sakurazaka46 is recruiting fine girls...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Using vlog like this made me focused more on their personality rather than looks. This is a good move than using 'trailer' concept like Nogi and Hinata. But, on a personal note, this felt anticlimactic for me. It would be enjoyable if they also put a trailer in it.

Also, the first two girls is quite interesting. Sakura are going to be more visual-oriented brand rather than going for a cool, eccentric members. But I might be wrong, the preview has just started, so let's see the other members.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Nope, Kakizaki Memi would be the first. But yes she's one of the only Sakamichi idols (current and former) from Nagano

• Like Like x 1
  16. renggadhitama

renggadhitama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kousaka Marino
    Twitter:
    renggadhitama
    I know it's still early to say but I feel I'm going to like this 3rd gen, 2 of 11 already revealed and both of them are pretty and cute. Of course we have to see them all and watch them appear on Sokosaku to see what kind of personality they have but I hope with this, Sakurazaka will gain new attention from new fans. And still waiting of what kind of song Rena is going to centered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nakajima Yuzuki 19 years old Born in Fukuoka Prefecture

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    The first 3 new gen are heavily inclined in the visual side.
    I don't mind it, just pointing the obvious out.

I'm kinda glad I'm not one of those who have to chose who pass the audition though. I noticed I'm all "okay, you're in" as they mention Keyaki.
    So weak! [hehe]

So far so good, can't wait to see them on SokuSaku even though so far, 2kis are more crazy still. I'm starting to think we won't get more variety members but it's still early

• Like Like x 1
  19. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    This is highly probable but it might have a rather obvious explanation: Sakurazaka46 has already turned to a group relying heavily on dance. Following the Keyaki tradition but to a different level, Nagaredama and above all Masatsukeisu are choreos that are unlike any other before these in Sakamichi (at least). there fore I won't be surprised if 3rd-gen turn to be a group that excel on dancing rather than variety.

Variety within Sakurazaka has also turned to be a group rather than a solo "quality". It had improved these last couple of years mostly as an "action-reaction" instigated by the charismatic 2nd gen rascals (Inoue, Chuke, Matsuri) laying a canvas in which "regal" Habu and the rest of the 1st gen girls, now much more relaxed, were able to unfold their own qualities. Maybe 3rd group as a solid body of 11 girls (already a big group) would develop ALSO in variety. We already seen that with the 11 5th gen Nogi: how much they grow as a group rather than each individual alone.

So far (although early to know after just a quarter of the girls), 3rd gen is quite homogenous: Young girls but with a rather more prominent "mature aura" with no particularly prominent quirks for idols. Setting aside the fact that S&F may have purposefully set this "mood" of presentation, these 3-4 minute short videos are revealing the girls clearly but they are saying almost nothing about "who they really are" as idols. So for me the key point is that: how much chemistry has already developed WITHIN 3rd gen Sakurazaka and how this chemistry will be injected in the group of the senpais.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another day, another member

Odakura Reina 18 years old Born in Tokyo

• Like Like x 1